Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

njsykora posted:

TLC 2013 and Main Event episodes work fine for me now, it seems the most popular stuff (Manias, recent shows etc) is working fine for most people. Seems like they're prioritising stuff people are all trying to watch first then those of us who want to watch lesser stuff (really want to watch Uncensored 96) get to eat poo poo basically.

yeah, pretty sure that's what they're doing. I was trying to watch ECW Hardcore Heaven '97 but it kept making GBS threads itself. at the same time, Wrestlemania 17 (which I would imagine is one of the most in-demand things on the Network at this point) works completely flawlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I will say on PC I haven't found a single thing that isnt working

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I've had major issues with Chrome since day 1. Switched to Firefox and it all seems to be fine. Even IE8 worked (I need IE8 for ripping streming stuff until I find something better than tubedigger).

It could be Chrome, an extension or it could just be a screwed up cookie/setting or something else weird. I haven't done any testing to see if I can fix whatever the hell is wrong wiht my Chrome.

Best bet is to try other browsers and see if the problem goes away.

I have the latest version of Chrome and running in private browsing (no extensions/no current cookies/no current cache), still nothing loads. IE runs fine.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I had been trying to watch TLC 2012 since yesterday afternoon and couldn't get past 10 seconds into the promo. I'm now watching HIAC 2013 and have had 0 issues (watching matches, scrolling through the PPV, etc...). To be fair, HIAC was an option on the home page... don't know if that matters or not.

edit - all this was on PS3

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I've had major issues with Chrome since day 1. Switched to Firefox and it all seems to be fine. Even IE8 worked (I need IE8 for ripping streming stuff until I find something better than tubedigger).

It could be Chrome, an extension or it could just be a screwed up cookie/setting or something else weird. I haven't done any testing to see if I can fix whatever the hell is wrong wiht my Chrome.

Best bet is to try other browsers and see if the problem goes away.

Did a clean install of Opera, as I'd already tried FF and IE (regularly using Chrome), and everything worked perfectly. I'm now ready to actually spend the money.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was watching Wrestlemania 17 and realized that half of the card on it is dead and that it was 13 years ago and got super depressed. Welp.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The Goldberg theme is edited on WCW shows.
This is the worst.

e: And the Cho Cho Chosen One.
They are ruining Bash At The Beach 2000!

I was asking about Goldberg's earlier. What have they replaced it with? The WWE theme? That's pretty sad. That theme is important to Goldberg's aura. Without it, you're not getting the real authentic experience of Goldberg in 98. Most of the time his entrances were longer and just as important as his matches.

I like entrances a lot. I really can't tolerate altered themes. Usually wrestlers will walk, move, or dance to the rhythm of the music. When the music is changed, the entrances feel weird.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I watched all of the 1996 Bash at the Beach last night on my computer and part of whatever old-rear end Raw from NYC was on streaming just now on my PS3. Both working overseas via unblock-us (which isn't surprising since that works for Netflix and Hulu). Life's good in the odd time zone.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Managed to fast forward to my spot in Royal Rumble 93 finally, on LTE even (iPhone 5s).

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My streaming issues for on demand stuff are still there, only slightly better. is everyone else fixed or should i contact wwe?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TUS posted:

I had been trying to watch TLC 2012 since yesterday afternoon and couldn't get past 10 seconds into the promo. I'm now watching HIAC 2013 and have had 0 issues (watching matches, scrolling through the PPV, etc...). To be fair, HIAC was an option on the home page... don't know if that matters or not.

edit - all this was on PS3

General consensus seems to be that the stuff on the home page is the most popular, and therefore guaranteed stuff that works. I just went to watch TLC 2009 because gently caress yeah that Christian vs Shelton ladder match and it hit buffering hell about 4 minutes in.

Eat My Fuc posted:

My streaming issues for on demand stuff are still there, only slightly better. is everyone else fixed or should i contact wwe?

This is the story for everyone. Things are very slowly improving, but very little beyond the super popular stuff is actually working yet.

Also according to the official Network Twitter people who signed up today are having login issues. Vince must be having a loving meltdown.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
This still all sounds like typical woes for a start up service. I doubt vince is losing his mind, he was very likely informed this would happen.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"Vince! Too many people are trying to give us money and our money taking robots can't take all the money!"

"WHAARGARBL STEAK":mad:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Optimist with doubt posted:

This still all sounds like typical woes for a start up service. I doubt vince is losing his mind, he was very likely informed this would happen.

I'd think it's still somewhat of a problem. If WWE's audience is as technologically incompetent as WWE treats them, then they're not going to know this is expected and might think it's representative of the service

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Still having major issues with stream freezing on PS4 sadly and thats while trying to watch Summerslam 2013 which I figure would be one of the more popular VODs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

They gave themselves the absolute most time possible in their schedule to launch it before Wrestlemania and still "launch" with Wrestlemania. Launches are always rocky and they knew it. This hasn't been a total disaster and that's actually impressive.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Stupid question, but are these unique problems for a platform offering these kinds of VOD? The MLB truck monkeys must be working around the clock.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

emjayo posted:

Stupid question, but are these unique problems for a platform offering these kinds of VOD? The MLB truck monkeys must be working around the clock.

Have you seen any MMO launch? Have you heard of healthcare.gov?

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
I hope they get the VOD working correctly by midnight tonight. I'll be damned if I'm going to watch Royal Rumble 2013 twice in a row on the livestream (9am tonight, 12am tomorrow).

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

I'm a Kiwi, so not au fait with how real countries do internet.

e: Doesn't look like America knows either :smug:

Hopefully it's sorted out by 2050 when NZ has the infrastructure to stream more than a 128kb mp3

emjayo fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 26, 2014

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

elf help book posted:

Not really the same thing, those are overcapacity/login problems. The problem here isn't logging in (unless you have a 360), it's getting anything other than the live stream or very recent stuff (that none of us want to watch) to work. Buffering problems with a single program isn't a capacity problem when other streams are working perfectly. Since it's apparently all working fine in browsers I have to assume it's a problem specifically with the app software, which is something that should've been found before launch.

And it is a pretty big problem, because if you can't make it work when people are there for free how the hell are you going to convince them to pay for it?

njsykora fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 26, 2014

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

So um there are DEFINATELY some pay per views missing from my list on the WWE Network site, oddly enough i tried the first 8 on the list and they all locked up at some point during the show on the PS4 meanwhile some of the shows not listed are working perfectly fine.

http://imgur.com/prVFA2c

Summerslam 94 is also on the list that i can see

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 26, 2014

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Well on my phone i got to the headshrinkers entrance at summerslam 94 before buffer hell. PS3 its just Lawler showing up

This is now workin without a hitch on my PC. Cant test PS3 as im at work. But i bet it doesnt work

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

njsykora posted:

Not really the same thing, those are overcapacity/login problems. The problem here isn't logging in (unless you have a 360), it's getting anything other than the live stream or very recent stuff (that none of us want to watch) to work. Buffering problems with a single program isn't a capacity problem when other streams are working perfectly. Since it's apparently all working fine in browsers I have to assume it's a problem specifically with the app software, which is something that should've been found before launch.

And it is a pretty big problem, because if you can't make it work when people are there for free how the hell are you going to convince them to pay for it?

Yes it is.

Like you said they aren't going to launch an app without it working with everything on their end.

There is no way you can ever get an exact stress test on something like this where you have hundreds of thousands of people hitting different things on different servers, in ways that are impossible to test. That's the main problem. You can beta and stress test just about anything. But you will never know something is wrong until it's live and you have people from around the world beating on your server and doing things that the testers couldn't think of doing.

It's also the pain of being an early adopter. Netflix was rough when it first launched it's on demand service, and it didn't have nearly the amount of on demand stuff(or traffic) that the Network has.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 26, 2014

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The first episode of Wrestlemania Rewind was really good and I look forward to that series.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The first episode of Wrestlemania Rewind was really good and I look forward to that series.

Yeah it was interesting as someone who's not seen much of the old stuff in full. I also liked Countdown for the talking heads stuff, though they recapped things a few too many times for my liking, and YES was clearly hastily edited into the list recently. How long have they had these shows sitting on the shelf? 18 months?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
VOD seems to be working a lot better today. I'm not getting any buffering.

Kizzicharlie
Feb 9, 2005

"Freelance Peacekeeping Agent, Yes"
Vod seems sketchy to me today, but 100% improvement than the past 2 days. managing to do about 6 minutes a time of Wrestlemania 1 on my Roku before its connection times out, but at least its reconnecting immediately. at this rate it should be perfect by the end of the week.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Brokenogre posted:

So um there are DEFINATELY some pay per views missing from my list on the WWE Network site, oddly enough i tried the first 8 on the list and they all locked up at some point during the show on the PS4 meanwhile some of the shows not listed are working perfectly fine.

http://imgur.com/prVFA2c

Summerslam 94 is also on the list that i can see

They aren't missing, you need to sort by the year. They're all there, just not when you pull up the shows page, you need to sort by year or search for what you're looking for via the title box to the right of the big survivor series box at the top there.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

njsykora posted:

Meltzer seems to think its around 250-300k, but if they can't pull in 1m for the free week they might be in trouble.
True, but you have to figure there will be a surge of buys right before Wrestlemania. Not as much as the free week I'm sure, but not an insignificant amount.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Viper_3000 posted:

They aren't missing, you need to sort by the year. They're all there, just not when you pull up the shows page, you need to sort by year or search for what you're looking for via the title box to the right of the big survivor series box at the top there.

So do they just Cycle what shows because I was watching new blood rising and the list started with TLC i finished watching it and thats what it showed

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Viper_3000 posted:

Also it seems different platforms organize the PPVs differently. PS3 has the PPV titles listed alphabetically from left to right, then you click on one and select the year (dumb) while Roku and Apple TV have you select a year first then scroll through the ~12 PPVs chronologically.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Brokenogre posted:

So do they just Cycle what shows because I was watching new blood rising and the list started with TLC i finished watching it and thats what it showed

On the splash page when you click on shows at the top and scroll down: what's listed there I believe is cycled day to day or just has some poorly written code so it isn't showing everything reverse chronologically. However, everything is still there, you just have to sort via year or by title.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I can deal buffering in my WCW PPVs as long as its of the Michael variety.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Kizzicharlie posted:

Vod seems sketchy to me today, but 100% improvement than the past 2 days. managing to do about 6 minutes a time of Wrestlemania 1 on my Roku before its connection times out, but at least its reconnecting immediately. at this rate it should be perfect by the end of the week.

On the opposite side of things, VOD is 100% better for me today than it has been these past 2 days. This is the first time I'm seeing those fancy timeline bookmark things too.

Edit: Of course literally as I post that my video freezes for 15 seconds

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't really had any VOD or live stream issues (tried it on ps4, pc, and phone) short of buffering on 4G LTE--but drat, does this chew through data like mad. Was not expecting like 2.5GB per hour!

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
It's so surreal to be able to see Kurt Angle face Chris Benoit at Judgement Day 2001, all with the WWF logo and all in the bottom corner. No blurs whatsoever.

Now, I'm a huge fan and I know the WWE and its history inside and out, but I've only been watching since early 2004. First bit of wrestling I've ever sat down to watch carefully was Wrestlemania 20, and I started watching religiously right after that. I've hardly had the chance to see ANY attitude era matches at all, besides Wrestlemania 17 in full. Do you guys have any PPV recommendations or match recommendations from before 2004 that are worth checking out? I mean, I've seen lots of the classic matches on DVD's and stuff, but I'm sure there's some hidden gems that people don't talk about as often that are definitely worth watching.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I think I got dipped on my free week. I clicked one week free trial and filled in all the information but nothing about a free week showed up after It started asking for a billing address. I did get a purchase confirmation email also. Is this normal? I had to do everything on a iphone if that makes a difference.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Serf Surviving posted:

It's so surreal to be able to see Kurt Angle face Chris Benoit at Judgement Day 2001, all with the WWF logo and all in the bottom corner. No blurs whatsoever.

Now, I'm a huge fan and I know the WWE and its history inside and out, but I've only been watching since early 2004. First bit of wrestling I've ever sat down to watch carefully was Wrestlemania 20, and I started watching religiously right after that. I've hardly had the chance to see ANY attitude era matches at all, besides Wrestlemania 17 in full. Do you guys have any PPV recommendations or match recommendations from before 2004 that are worth checking out? I mean, I've seen lots of the classic matches on DVD's and stuff, but I'm sure there's some hidden gems that people don't talk about as often that are definitely worth watching.

Backlash 2000, No Way Out 2001, Wrestlemania 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Serf Surviving posted:

I'm a big fan of SummerSlam 2002. Shawn Michael's big comeback match is the most well-known match from that card, but the whole show is pretty solid. Angle/Mysterio opener is killer.