Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

whatspeakyou posted:

This is the one thing I'm not a fan of when it comes to Rage: HL can survive on very little power, but Rage is power hungry as gently caress when it comes to DPS.

Yeah, I've gotten very comfortable with my weapon (two-handed) to compensate. I'll do the doom spin for regular encounters and then use retch+enrage 2-3 Times throughout a major one. Of course, if I have amazing pot and recharges then I'll go all out.

Also, any word on if the update is coming today? I can't wait to waste my marks on trinkets/masks/weapons/jewelry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

mastajake posted:

Yeah, I've gotten very comfortable with my weapon (two-handed) to compensate. I'll do the doom spin for regular encounters and then use retch+enrage 2-3 Times throughout a major one. Of course, if I have amazing pot and recharges then I'll go all out.

Also, any word on if the update is coming today? I can't wait to waste my marks on trinkets/masks/weapons/jewelry.

Game was taken down at 6am PDT for the patch. won't be back up till around 11am PDT.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hey, I was an EU player back when this came out, thought I'd come back and see what's up, can someone tell me what's the deal with this prosieben bs? I'm pretty sure I'd bought the Green Lantern expansion before, but I recovered my soe usernames and I have like 6 for some reason, no idea which one it's on, any idea if I'll be able to recover my characters and junk if I ever find out which one has it?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Fuzz posted:

Holy poo poo, if you can chain One Handed and Shield, I will be so happy.

Someone uploaded a screengrab of the flowchart:

Shield goes to Two-Handed and Dual Pistol, and nothing combos to Shield (I assume because Shield is locked behind DLC access).

One of the points they made during the stream is that they tried to have each weapon combo out to both a ranged and a melee option, AND they tried to couple combos with animations that looked decent together. So some of the options seem kind of wonky at first.

e: This is all still a work in progress, they have months to tweak and even make deeper changes, that's the whole point of them doing it this way, instead of unveiling it when it's almost done and pretty much set in stone - there's time to react to player feedback with this so none of it is concrete yet.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 25, 2014

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Someone uploaded a screengrab of the flowchart:

Shield goes to Two-Handed and Dual Pistol, and nothing combos to Shield (I assume because Shield is locked behind DLC access).

One of the points they made during the stream is that they tried to have each weapon combo out to both a ranged and a melee option, AND they tried to couple combos with animations that looked decent together. So some of the options seem kind of wonky at first.

e: This is all still a work in progress, they have months to tweak and even make deeper changes, that's the whole point of them doing it this way, instead of unveiling it when it's almost done and pretty much set in stone - there's time to react to player feedback with this so none of it is concrete yet.

Being that Handblaster and Dual Pistols are my favorite weapons in the game, I am glad they combo into each other. This looks really cool, can't wait to see more.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Zakmonster posted:

Being that Handblaster and Dual Pistols are my favorite weapons in the game, I am glad they combo into each other. This looks really cool, can't wait to see more.

Dual Pistol combos into Hand Blaster, but HB can't combo into DP. Only Brawling or Bow. :(

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
"Iconic Anomalies – Test Subject #1 and The Hunt
·Solo Challenges are now accessible with a Combat Rating of 80.

Well T4>T5 grind just got loving easier. Those both have 3 bosses who drop CR81-83 gear.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

WarLocke posted:

Dual Pistol combos into Hand Blaster, but HB can't combo into DP. Only Brawling or Bow. :(

But you can take a long route back into itself.

In this case it'd be Dual Pistol, Hand Blaster, Brawling, Martial Arts, Dual Pistol.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Giedroyc posted:

"Iconic Anomalies – Test Subject #1 and The Hunt
·Solo Challenges are now accessible with a Combat Rating of 80.

Well T4>T5 grind just got loving easier. Those both have 3 bosses who drop CR81-83 gear.

Not to mention that they can be done naked if you want, gear doesn't matter in those, so going in early isn't gonna hurt you.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

60fps mode is on by default on PS4 now, which is WEIRD to get used to.

Edit:
Also for feat unlocks you need to log in with one character at least once before their feats can be shared between every other character. And yes the 'feat achieved' box pop up goes on forever.

Giedroyc fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 25, 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Thinking of getting back into this. What faction do most goons play?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, but Bow combos back into Dual Pistol. Alternatively, Brawling combos into MA, which can combo into either DP or HB.

I now want to know the most efficient combo chain that allows you to cycle through all the weapons.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Crono S. Magnum posted:

But you can take a long route back into itself.

In this case it'd be Dual Pistol, Hand Blaster, Brawling, Martial Arts, Dual Pistol.

No, you can't. Hand Blaster combos into Brawling or Bow, and then the combo ends. It is not an infinite-combo system like Light has. You get to switch to one alternate weapon and the hit that weapon does ends the combo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Comboing through would require a UI change and the ability to equip every weapon at once.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

WarLocke posted:

No, you can't. Hand Blaster combos into Brawling or Bow, and then the combo ends. It is not an infinite-combo system like Light has. You get to switch to one alternate weapon and the hit that weapon does ends the combo.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Would this mean that you'll end up with a different weapon equipped, or would you retain the weapon that started the combo?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Zakmonster posted:

Ah ok, that makes sense. Would this mean that you'll end up with a different weapon equipped, or would you retain the weapon that started the combo?

The latter.

Basically, as the feature is currently set up (and they said they're showing it this early so they can get feedback/tweaks), you're rewarded for further investments in one weapon by allowing it to gain extra combo which is tuned to be competitive with clip damage, and will have some timing-based windows where you get triple crit percentage (allowing, yes, for 100+% crits) on any powers used during those windows. It's going to encourage more weapon use, keep things from being "use the same 4 attacks over and over", and allow for a bonus that any role can benefit from, since it sounds like by "crit percentage" they also mean "healing/power crits" too.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 26, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Syrg Sapphire posted:

since it sounds like by "crit percentage" they also mean "healing/power crits" too.

When they did the live stream this question came up and they confirmed that it was only damage buffs, but they've gotten so much feedback on this particular issue that they're taking suggestions for what kinds of side-effect buff to implement for other roles.

I wouldn't suggest reading the Weapon Mastery WIP thread, it's almost 70 pages long and at least 50 of them are just arguments over the jump canceling change. Apparently it's a NGE-level change and will ruin the game and all the elite vets will quit over it.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I haven't played this in like a year, and my Legendary lapsed a long time ago. If I reinstall, will it let me choose which characters to mothball and what items to remove from my bank and poo poo?

E: PS3, if it matters

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

titties posted:

I haven't played this in like a year, and my Legendary lapsed a long time ago. If I reinstall, will it let me choose which characters to mothball and what items to remove from my bank and poo poo?

E: PS3, if it matters

I haven't tested it but from memory it's the last (however many slots you have) you played.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PC version lets you choose. I assume PS3 would be the same.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

WarLocke posted:

Ah man, that makes me a little sad but I understand why they have to take that route. Only so much you can do with an engine.

Also people should get in the Mumble more often. It gets lonely in there.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

WarLocke posted:

all the elite vets will quit over it.

Thank God. Now we can actually have fun.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

mastajake posted:

Thank God. Now we can actually have fun.

Yep, gently caress them. I think clipping is retarded anyways, so I'd be happy to not do it anymore.

EDIT: Got all the pieces of the new Rage set except for the boots (shoulders not shown here because they look like poo poo):

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 26, 2014

Bruc
May 30, 2006
I'm about to hit 30 on my first character, what should I be doing once I hit it to gear up?. I hear people talking about Tier X gear on here and assume it works sort of like WoW where you gear up to run tougher stuff over and over, is that the case or is there more to it than "run these alerts 'til you have the gear to run these slightly tougher alerts" ? Does it lock you out of them 'til you have the gear level needed or are there alerts I should be avoiding as a fresh 30?.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

whatspeakyou posted:

Yep, gently caress them. I think clipping is retarded anyways, so I'd be happy to not do it anymore.

EDIT: Got all the pieces of the new Rage set except for the boots (shoulders not shown here because they look like poo poo):

Mmm. Dat rubber.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Mmm. Dat rubber.

It's only missing Bat-nipples. :3:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

whatspeakyou posted:

It's only missing Bat-nipples. :3:

George Clooney trademarked them.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Apparently I am bad at reading.

I finally understood what Light Construct Combos were... at lvl 9.

Can we have a show of hands who's playing on Villain USPC versus Heroes USPC?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

jerichojx posted:

Apparently I am bad at reading.

I finally understood what Light Construct Combos were... at lvl 9.

I play both but only have one 30 and he's on Hero side.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

jerichojx posted:

I've been playing my USPC Villain Soul Engine a lot lately, it's only level 20 at the moment though. I took an entire night off of levelling to just go around and do briefings/investigations. :negative:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Am I stupid and missing a setting where when I get a new piece of equipment it doesn't override my style outfit?

Also, the best part of playing on the PS4? The controller LED light up to whatever power you're using.

Edit: Yes, I am. Lock all! :doh:

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I play both but only have one 30 and he's on Hero side.

I have 2 level 30 Heroes, but my Mental guy hasn't been touched since hitting 30. My Electric healer just got to CR54 after getting some lucky drops in Duos, so yay, Central City!

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I'm a villain named Serrtan. CR103 Rage dps.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Just hit 30 and did a few duos with my friend and a couple of them were surprisingly tough for a Rage DPS/Light controller combo, some fights We'd end up having to use healing barrels a bunch to survive. I ended up being able to get my tier 1 Chest/legs/back right away and then bought a PvP weapon and found out inside the instance that it doesn't work at all in them. Luckily I was Light and weapons are for chumps.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Zakmonster posted:

I have 2 level 30 Heroes, but my Mental guy hasn't been touched since hitting 30. My Electric healer just got to CR54 after getting some lucky drops in Duos, so yay, Central City!

I'm a 30 villain healer. I stopped being able to level because I ran out of ability to kill things - turns out when you spec pure healing, your DPS goes to poo poo.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Sion posted:

I'm a 30 villain healer. I stopped being able to level because I ran out of ability to kill things - turns out when you spec pure healing, your DPS goes to poo poo.

But you don't have to level past 30? Anyhow, I'm mostly doing group content, so I get other people to do my killing for me.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Zakmonster posted:

But you don't have to level past 30? Anyhow, I'm mostly doing group content, so I get other people to do my killing for me.

Sorry- I meant 15. I was like 'I haven't played in a while, and I got halfway through the games levelling, therefore like all MMOs it goes to 60 and-'

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Sion posted:

Use the DPS role to do all the solo instances. You'll thank me for it later.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

I wouldn't recommend you buy role specific T1 gear since you're only likely to be in T1 for about 0.3 seconds (levelling gets you about 80 MoT these days) and after that the solo content/duos/alerts drop role specific stuff which is much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Can anyone instruct me in noob terms what is a walk-in? I see that some of you guys have done it and one run gets you 3000 MoTs!

• Locked thread