Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh my god! MALL COP! You literally see a thing and call 911. You don't even have to stand that long. I see mall cops sitting in the food court all the time. You're basically there to make people feel safe and tell people where to find what store. When you forget where the stores are, you point them to information. When you forget where information is, you just shrug and say "I dunno, I'm a security guard, not the info guy!"

You could fail miserably. Someone could rob a store at gunpoint and when they ask, you say you were guarding the opposite end of the mall.

Edit: Page 100 and we've finally found a job Benny is capable of.

cname fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
And malls don't even have shopping carts!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Death Bot posted:

The anchor stores usually do :ssh:

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Death Bot posted:

Oh, but they do have electric wheelchairs. I was a mall cop in college, and had to move one of those loving things from one end of the mall to the other. And the only way to move them is to physically sit in the seat and ride it.

So a motorized shopping cart, basically. Keep an eye out for the mushroom cloud.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Well I do have good news: I have an interview at a local Sears tomorrow. I'm going to show up dressed professionally and with my part-time resume with only my work experience on it. At this point, I'm just really glad I'm getting interviews, now all I have to do is stick them.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
start a webcomic benny :)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Benny the Snake posted:

Well I do have good news: I have an interview at a local Sears tomorrow. I'm going to show up dressed professionally and with my part-time resume with only my work experience on it. At this point, I'm just really glad I'm getting interviews, now all I have to do is stick them.

Make sure to attach what you think is your best Thunderdome story to your résumé.

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
Hah, not that it really matters at this point but Benny isn't Tender Feet, that's the other guy.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Grin and Tonic posted:

start a webcomic benny :)
I can't draw worth a drat

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Benny the Snake posted:

Does your resume include the jobs you got fired from (Target, restaurant, box-filling place) or just the jobs you haven't gotten fired from (political campaign, canvassing, McDonald's back in the day, don't remember what else)?

Because don't include jobs you got fired from. Especially when you got fired for negligence or incompetence.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

AlbieQuirky posted:

Does your resume include the jobs you got fired from (Target, restaurant, box-filling place) or just the jobs you haven't gotten fired from (political campaign, canvassing, McDonald's back in the day, don't remember what else)?

Because don't include jobs you got fired from. Especially when you got fired for negligence or incompetence.
After discussing this with my career counselor, I've taken off Target from the resume. Instead, I replaced it with a brief part about my education in order to explain the gap between 2009 and now. I've also left in my volunteer experience with the political campaign.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
How are you explaining the gap between your ears?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Dex posted:

How are you explaining the gap between your ears?
Education, my volunteer activity, and looking for work. If it's one thing I regret, it's not looking into more volunteer work instead of focusing exclusively on looking for employment. I've applied to volunteer at my local library, and I'm going to apply to volunteer at city hall.

EDIT: I thought I saw a "y" there.

Priestess Cashmere
Oct 9, 2012

Yikesaroo

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm going to show up dressed professionally

For some reason I get nervous every time you say this.

Anyway, good luck with the interview Benny!

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Benny the Snake posted:

Education, my volunteer activity, and looking for work. If it's one thing I regret, it's not looking into more volunteer work instead of focusing exclusively on looking for employment. I've applied to volunteer at my local library, and I'm going to apply to volunteer at city hall.

EDIT: I thought I saw a "y" there.

Aw, bless.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Priestess Cashmere posted:

For some reason I get nervous every time you say this.

Anyway, good luck with the interview Benny!
Slacks, long-sleeve collar shirt, and tie. I make sure everything matches and that I'm clean shaven. I wear my hair super-short so there's no need to comb it or anything.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Benny the Snake posted:

I can't draw worth a drat

This hasn't stopped a single webcomic "artist" ever, in fact it may be a pre-requisite.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Benny the Snake posted:

I wear my hair super-short so there's no need to comb it or anything.

Even 'super short' hair needs proper grooming.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

That drat Satyr posted:

Maybe Benny's actually a skinhead? :ohdear:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Maybe Benny's actually a skinhead? :ohdear:
I'm not

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo this thread is still here? Does the OP have a job yet?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
No he doesn't have a job yet. He got some, and then promptly lost them.

That drat Satyr posted:

This is true, Benny. Even if it's half-an-inch long, it needs combed and possibly styled.

Jesus Christ did your parents talk to you at all when you were 5-20 or so?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Fabulist posted:

No he doesn't have a job yet. He got some, and then promptly lost them.

This is true, Benny. Even if it's half-an-inch long, it needs combed and possibly styled.

Jesus Christ did your parents talk to you at all when you were 5-20 or so?

I thought he only got one a target and then smashed a cart into a car and got fired? Did I miss losing another job?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Pillowpants posted:

I thought he only got one a target and then smashed a cart into a car and got fired? Did I miss losing another job?

He couldn't box-pack with non english speakers, and managed to brain his bosses wife and piss off the chef by telling him he was wrong about how to cook something at a restaraunt.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I still wish you good luck Benny, because I'm rooting for you.
and honestly partially for the story of how you lose the job this time.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 26, 2014

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Apply to a gas station Benny. It's literally impossible to lose that job unless you steal or assault a customer.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Masonity posted:

He couldn't box-pack with non english speakers, and managed to brain his bosses wife and piss off the chef by telling him he was wrong about how to cook something at a restaraunt.

Cucumbergate was the best moment in all e/n threads.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
What position are you interviewing for at Sears? Did you ever apply at the movie theater?

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

Pfirti86 posted:

Cucumbergate was the best moment in all e/n threads.

I want to read this what page is it on?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It was zucchini, not cucumbers. The delightfulness starts here:

Benny the Snake posted:

I think I got along fairly well with everybody else. To be fair, I accidentally smacked the owner's wife in the head with a tray, but I don't think that would've been the final straw. And as for cooking, well I did mostly prep work. I prepared a few tacos, I prepared salad, I even grilled zucchini. The head cook told me to use a towel to press it on the grill, but I used a spatula and tongs instead.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Aqua Bear posted:

What position are you interviewing for at Sears? Did you ever apply at the movie theater?
Cashier. And yeah, I did apply at the theater. The manager happens to be a brother of an old high school buddy of mine. He told me that he won't start hiring 'till May when all the summer movies start coming out.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Benny the Snake posted:

He told me that he won't start hiring 'till May when all the summer movies start coming out.

He told you that to semi-politely get you to go away, you loving oblivious idiot. THERE IS NO JOB IN MAY FOR YOU.

This mañana bullshit is unbelievable. It's always "i'll maybe call next Monday or something". Do it loving NOW. I had some sympathy for a while because I know what it's like to be unemployed and passed over for being over/under-qualified, but no amount of "boo-hoo the economy" can excuse your putting everything off bullshit, Benny.

I'd recommend you suck cocks in shady back alleys for change, but you'd probably just bite the glans off and then whine in this thread that you didn't know one shouldn't do that. And ask for compensation. In comics.

Also, realtalk, stop trawling for good vibes in thunderdome, you stupid twat.

Edit: ONE HUNDRED PAGES OF INACTION.

franco fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 27, 2014

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

franco posted:

He told you that to semi-politely get you to go away, you loving oblivious idiot. THERE IS NO JOB IN MAY FOR YOU.

This mañana bullshit is unbelievable. It's always "i'll maybe call next Monday or something". Do it loving NOW. I had some sympathy for a while because I know what it's like to be unemployed and passed over for being over/under-qualified, but no amount of "boo-hoo the economy" can excuse your putting everything off bullshit, Benny.

I'd recommend you suck cocks in shady back alleys for change, but you'd probably just bite the glans off and then whine in this thread that you didn't know one shouldn't do that. And ask for compensation. In comics.

What the gently caress is this? He's not making an excuse or not doing something, someone asked him if he had followed some advice and he said that he did. The guy at the movie theatre probably brushed him off and there is no job I'm May, but what is he meant to do about that? Call the manager a liar until he gives him a job?

Call the guy out all you want, but why do it when it's one of the few examples of him following advice?

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Shelf Adventure posted:

The guy at the movie theatre probably brushed him off and there is no job I'm May

So, exactly what I said?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

franco posted:

So, exactly what I said?

But then the rest of the post goes on to chastise him for doing nothing? He's not saying "I'll do it tomorrow" he's already done it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

He clearly should have gotten the nonexistent job in May at the theater RIGHT NOW WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT RIGHT NOW WHY HAVEN'T YOU INVENTED TIME TRAVEL SO YOU CAN DO IT YESTERDAY BENNY

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax

franco posted:

Edit: ONE HUNDRED PAGES OF INACTION.

Uhh movie theaters work at minimum staffing levels at all times other that summer because they don't make a ton of money. I really doubt the manager was lying to Benny. This is a weird thing to get upset with Benny about.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

docbeard posted:

He clearly should have gotten the nonexistent job in May at the theater RIGHT NOW WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT RIGHT NOW WHY HAVEN'T YOU INVENTED TIME TRAVEL SO YOU CAN DO IT YESTERDAY BENNY

And then once he gets the job "BENNY YOU HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE AND ARE GETTING PAID FAR LESS THAN I THINK A COLLEGE GRADUATE SHOULD BE PAID YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST REMAINED UNEMPLOYED AND WAITED FOR SOMETHING BETTER."

I mean, I'm still not convinced that Benny isn't a massive, elaborate troll but jesus gently caress E/N is impossible to please.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Yeah the biggest sign of Benny being dumb is that he still posts in this thread only to be told he's wrong no matter what he does. He should just abandon it and let it die; there's no way it helps his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

franco posted:

At what point is this even happening? He's putting some conscious effort into writing regularly and getting crits for his stuff. Maybe you need to take a break.

• Locked thread