Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol is Muir giving up on the improbably proportioned topless sniper babe arc after only two strips? That's fast even by his standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The randomizer is getting worse.]

The Crotch posted:

So what is "POIT" an onomatopoeia for, exactly?

The sidekick of an insane genius labrat turning up.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

colonel_korn posted:

lol is Muir giving up on the improbably proportioned topless sniper babe arc after only two strips? That's fast even by his standards.

Yeah, you'd think after this much wank material he'd have built up a little stamina.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

joeburz posted:

In an alternate universe Bill walks the now-Hillary white house in sweat pants, addressed only as The Dude.
Tragedy strikes when German diplomat visiting the white house ends up having too much to drink, pees on antique rug.
"It really pulled the room together" First Dude Clinton is recorded as saying.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

"James Who?" is right. Slimeball hasn't done poo poo since 2012 after being thoroughly exposed as the creep and fraud that he is.

Don't worry. The free market will take care of that!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

XyloJW posted:

This is something everyone keeps forgetting. Before OWS, the idea of 99% vs. 1% was a relatively wonkish concept that only people who cared about really knew. A farmer in bumfuck Iowa didn't know what 99% meant. Now everyone is at least aware that wealth inequality is a problem in the US. That's a pretty big accomplishment, even if it's intangible.

Yea OWS fizzled and had a lot of problems but just making non-political people talk about the 99 vs the 1 was actually a pretty big win.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

The Crotch posted:

I'm guessing Muir is a Cerebus fan.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So the joke here is that the Three Stooges are cannibals? My dad isn't gonna like hearing this :ohdear:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
It really speaks to Chris Muir's character that he's always referencing lovely TV advertisements in his comics.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

So are the Three Stooges competent at turning people into food? Because that does not make sense.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

change my name posted:

Too bad he's literally in jail for being so lovely.

I had it explained/handwaved away as LEFTIST JUDGES and Obama conspiring to silence a "true hero". That seems to be the default posistion whenever they get caught.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Is this specifically an abortion clinic? I need to know if I'm going to be eating fetus slurry or just regular human slurry.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love how Obamacare is being used as a shield to protect private insurance from criticism. Its malevolent.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is this specifically an abortion clinic? I need to know if I'm going to be eating fetus slurry or just regular human slurry.

It's a processing plant to kill off old people because Death Panels.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Portals posted:

Then the three stooges are somehow good at this job. Worst Three Stooges short ever.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"James Who?" is right. Slimeball hasn't done poo poo since 2012 after being thoroughly exposed as the creep and fraud that he is.

Sadly enough, my understanding is Project Veritas has expanded to include a general oppo research shop alongside their viral/gonzo techniques, and been pretty effective in lower level state campaigns. It's important to note that even if you don't hear about it, operations like these still serve to reify beliefs within the right intellectual discourse, and the group's former celebrity only enhances their supposed journalistic credibility.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Woooo fuckin electricity for bumfuck nowhere!

Hell yeah FUCKAAA food with a reasonable degree of safety!

*trips over stool, steadies self*

I just got paid and I'm making interstate commerce possible!

I shouldn't have written all that but this man has the mind of a child.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

You were saying?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

change my name posted:

Too bad he's literally in jail for being so lovely.

Don't gently caress with me. I hate that kid. I'm going to google this right now and if this is a miscommunication I'm setting myself on fire in protest.

Not seeing anything yet. Coating myself in butane.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 27, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Rhinoceraptor posted:

OWS did peter out pretty pathetically, to be fair.

Like others said, pointing out the obvious was eye opening for millions of people in the US. Additionally, Occupy is highly active all over the country in food banks, peaceful protests, and charitable works. The only thing that "petered out" is that it's no longer a breaking news event!!! so has disappeared from the national hive mind.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

:laffo: as if JJ wouldn't be completely making GBS threads all over OWS if they were still out protesting en masse today.

JJ probably sees the irresilient end of OWS as yet-another sign that they weren't fighting for anything important in the first place. He isn't saying that they should have kept fighting, he's saying that they're able to "take a break" because they weren't serious anyway -- they weren't facing "real" oppression like Ukraine and Venezuela.

He's still a smug douche, but this is entirely consistent with his usual belief that nothing US or Canadian left-wingers care about is really worth getting worked up over.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 27, 2014

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Triskelli posted:

E: Now for Bennett to make a single panel version that's a hundred times better though.
I want this to be a good cartoon so bad. The idea of Uncle Sam having two artifical limbs from Iraq and Afghanistan is the exact kind of :drat: imagery I'd expect from Bennett. War is hell and I'm getting real tired of politicians and Americans believing otherwise.
Um...infrastructure good? :shrug:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

:laffo: as if JJ wouldn't be completely making GBS threads all over OWS if they were still out protesting en masse today.

Why did he give the Ukraine protester an 'independence' sign? The parts of Ukraine that are potentially considering independence, or at least being warned against secessionism, are the eastern, Russian, parts, which when protesting have actually been the counter-protesters against the original Kiev protesters, who are the ones that were being killed by Yanukovych's police. The anti-Yanukovych protesters weren't calling for independence, they were calling for a new government and closer ties with Europe. Unless he means 'independence from Russia', or is actually on the side of the pro-Russia secessionists.

I know, I know, the real answer is that JJ is a hack who doesn't bother to think through his cartoons.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

JJ? A smug douche about OWS?

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Ditocoaf posted:

JJ probably sees the irresilient end of OWS as yet-another sign that they weren't fighting for anything important in the first place. He isn't saying that they should have kept fighting, he's saying that they're able to "take a break" because they weren't serious anyway -- they weren't facing "real" oppression like Ukraine and Venezuela.

He's still a smug douche, but this is entirely consistent with his usual belief that nothing US or Canadian left-wingers care about is really worth getting worked up over.
The foundation of his identity is that he is too cool and smart to care about anything

Hence the neverending stream of self-contradictory both-sides-are-idiots bullshit. This is what irony culture hath wrought

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Portals posted:

Which is totally worse than now, where you just die sooner because you can't afford healthcare or you die later because your medical bills bankrupted you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Am I just imagining things or have JJs opinnions become even shittier over the years, or at least he's been more vocal about the bad ones? I remember thinking he was okay when I first started following this thread. Prone to stupid truth in the middle bullshit but he at least had artistic skills and could make a good point on occasion. Now I can't remember the last time I saw a cartoon from him that wasn't awful.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 27, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I've been wondering that myself. Is it that he's gotten worse, or that I learned enough contextual information to realize how terrible his opinions are? I suspect it's a mix of the two- I definitely think these recent anti-protest, anti-gay cartoons are miles worse than anything I can recall from his earlier work.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I actually kinda like this cartoon. Not in terms of its message which is repugnant as all hell, but I really like the composition.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

McDonalds will still be hiring, even at $15/hour. A Good Cartoon.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

If you put 'military spending' on the fat guy and 'social programs' on the skinny guy, this would be a better cartoon.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The Crotch posted:

It means Muir is a Don Martin fan.

..which is to date, the best thing that can be said about him.

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 27, 2014

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Dwight Eisenhower looks weird...

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Hey Ramirez, remind me. What was your opinion on debt?

I see, I see. And what did you say we need to do about it?

Uh-huh. I see.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Quick question, I can't seem to find that incredibly powerful cartoon about 9/11. It was the "I can see you" one, with each panel from a different organization or different person spinning the story. The final panel was Osama Bin Laden, with the caption "I can see you... and I'm laughing." I've been looking for awhile to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

Quick question, I can't seem to find that incredibly powerful cartoon about 9/11. It was the "I can see you" one, with each panel from a different organization or different person spinning the story. The final panel was Osama Bin Laden, with the caption "I can see you... and I'm laughing." I've been looking for awhile to no avail.

It's the second 'here are the most requested cartoons' cartoon in the OP.

• Locked thread