Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?
Literally gut-laughing right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

DurosKlav posted:

This is the Brains tribe though, dont underestimate their ability to gently caress up this tribal.

HOLLYYYYYYYY gently caress

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
YESESSSSSSSSS

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
gently caress the other tribes, give me this for the rest of the season!

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

PLEASE GOD LET J'TIA WIN THIS SEASON

Alhara
Aug 21, 2007
J'Tia is going to accidentally win this game and somehow get voted President of the United States.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BOOM!!!!! :supaburn:

Team Brains are a few weeks from a complete Pagonging, there is really no other option here.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Unmerciful posted:

PLEASE GOD LET J'TIA WIN THIS SEASON

Day 22 - J'tia burns camp down, killing 2 people; doesn't get voted out

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
One of the best premieres episodes ever?

edit: AND HE WENT HOME WITH AN IDOL IN HIS POCKET :laffo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Survivor Cagayan: Welcome our new overlord J'Tia Diaz-Twine

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Unmerciful posted:

DUMPING THE RICE DOESN'T GET YOU BOOTED

LOSING THE CHALLENGE DOESN'T GET YOU BOOTED

That should be the Brain tribe anthem LOL.

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?
So, J'tia blew both puzzles AND dumped all the tribe's rice in the fire in THE FIRST SIX DAYS OF THE GAME, and didn't get voted out.

Survivor, you never cease to amaze and entertain me. :swoon:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I hope they either rally behind J'Tia and win out on challenges or completely implode/the next episode starts with Spencer burning down the shelter and the brains tribe just goes all 120 Days of Sodom

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Ghostpilot posted:

gently caress the other tribes, give me this for the rest of the season!

Keep in mind that the brawn tribe seems to be nearly as dysfunctional, too. (well, not "nearly," because the Brains tribe is discovering new depths, but still significantly dysfunctional.)

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Carlton Banks posted:

I seriously want to see her gently caress up and get bailed out by someone overplaying and being a huge idiot every single week

Brains and brawn tribe are both gold

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Carlton Banks posted:

She's merely acting out her frustrations, let her just blow off a head of steam.
It'll all be okay in the morning.

edit: Oh poo poo, the HII is back at camp!!!! LOL this guy.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Wow I completely forgot Garrett had the idol too - that makes this soooo much funnier

Edit: and that the whole reason he wanted everyone to talk out in the open was so he wouldn't have to play the idol (can't even follow this logic)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Preview chat: Cop Tony: I'm a cop. Sarah: What the gently caress dude.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
It's like she looked at Phil Sheppard and Brandon Hantz and asked herself, "how can I make this work...with science?" :science:

Hahaha, and he left is HII in camp! I need to play poker with this guy. Right. Now.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

JesusSinfulHands posted:

One of the best premieres episodes ever?

edit: AND HE WENT HOME WITH AN IDOL IN HIS POCKET :laffo:

Oh my god, I forgot he had the idol. The guy with the idol who's the only strong guy on his tribe went over the bossy girl who hosed up two challenges and dumped all of their rice in the fire after they all told her she was being voted out.

This is, in all likelihood, the least probable thing that's ever happened on this show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

if you had told me two hours ago that we'd end the episode with the phrase Biggest Boobs attributed to something other than Morgan, I would've called you crazy

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
J'Tia is in fact, not lying about her occupation. Truly terrifying.

http://www.anl.gov/articles/j-tia-taylor

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Just a reminder from the OP:

Garrett posted:

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: Dedicated 2,000 hours in preparing for the strategic, social and physical elements of Survivor. Did everything from 50 hours of yoga, to over-analyzing every episode, to mastering slide puzzles to ready myself. I essentially devoted my entire life to preparing for this adventure for the previous 6 months.

:cawg:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Just a reminder from the OP:

:cawg:

hhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

If what we saw was the scope of Garrett's Survivor skills... he probably hid his HII back at camp in plain sight with a scribbled note attached that reads "Garrett's Hidden Immunity Idol"

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Why is everyone on this show always so dumb? :(

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

GuavaMoment posted:

because smart, competent people are loving boring

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

A season of 20 Kim Spradlins and Earls wouldn't be super entertaining to watch.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

I honestly can't remember a better premiere episode.

We had the cop standoff, #spyshack, ridiculous overplaying by David who's thinking day 39 on day 2, the Tasha freakout, RICE DUMPING and two blindsides that I still can't figure if they made the right decision because half the Brains tribe seems to have completely lost their mind.

Franchesqua going home first the second time was probably funnier but this episode was overall more insane.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
That was absolutely fantastic. There are no words.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

HUMAN FISH posted:

J’Tia Taylor
Chicago, Ill.
Personal claim to fame: Passing my dissertation defense, because I was the expert on the subject matter and held my own against my professors, and being the first black female to successfully defend and receive a PhD from the department.
Hobbies: Watching movies, reading and playing strategic games.
Pet Peeves: Ignorant, close-minded people, being late/off schedule, and chunks in food/drinks (e.g. rocky road ice cream).
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Richard Hatch. He played the game authentically and originally since he had no precedence, and was true to who he was.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JTiaPhD (yup, that's PHD in her tweeter handle)
Meet the cast video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptUVsUc2K_o
:geno:

J'Tia "Wild Card" Taylor, ladies and gentlemen.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Ghostpilot posted:

Hahaha, and he left is HII in camp! I need to play poker with this guy. Right. Now.

In his defense, she burned all of their rice and lost them two challenges. That's a pretty good reason to feel confident.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

xbilkis posted:

Yeah but she's black, and has been edited as mildly annoying in the first three days. Case closed

Oh, by the way, I just want to apologize to everyone who called that J'Tia was completely insane. I had actually already forgotten about her "too bossy -> she realizes her mistakes, but is it too late?" one-hour storyline until just a second ago, because, you know.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The funny thing is Garrett was so focused on not letting anyone talk on the side but apparently somehow J'Tia or Tash managed to talk to Kass long enough to win her over after dumping out all the rice? What the gently caress

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

The funny thing is Garrett was so focused on not letting anyone talk on the side but apparently somehow J'Tia or Tash managed to talk to Kass long enough to win her over after dumping out all the rice? What the gently caress

I think it was more how incredibly sketchy and untrustworthy he sounded at Tribal - he called out the alliance (still can't believe this) and basically blamed everything on Kass at one point

dimejubes
Dec 2, 2006
did I just do that?
I don't think they necessarily talked to Kass, because Kass would've then had to consider the merits. She more likely just snapped and decided she hated Garrett more.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So glad Garrett is gone. Such a whiny bitch.

Loving Ja'Tia

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah, I think Kass made up her mind when Garrett threw her under the bus just to look better to 1) the person who threw the rice in the fire who was going to be imminently voted out, and 2) the only other person on the tribe who wasn't part of their F3 pact. It'd be uncomfortable to go forward with a tribe/alliance where that guy was in control; at least with J'Tia in the game, there's (ostensibly) an "obvious boot" that shields you for another round.

That's the best part of this whole thing: even though it's loving insane, you can't definitively say it was the "wrong move," because Garrett played basically just as badly as the already-loathed woman who then went on to throw all of their food in the fire

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

SteveVizsla posted:

In his defense, she burned all of their rice and lost them two challenges. That's a pretty good reason to feel confident.

But there was also everything that happened in between, and he watched her dodge a vote already. Either way, he should've never left it at camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

That was the ultimate first two boots.

• Locked thread