Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Unambiguous posted:

The problem is he's known that for a while. It came up during the trial and he didn't get mad about it much at all at that point. He didn't actually get mad until he found out that she had been lying about Thea being his father's child. To me it seemed really like he was mad that after all this time she was still keeping secrets from him which is why I consider him to be such a hypocrite.

He was way more mad that she threatened Felicity than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unambiguous
Aug 17, 2012

Dexo posted:

He was way more mad that she threatened Felicity than anything else.

That's not really the impression I got although I probably need to watch the scene again. It does feel like it's been forever since I saw that episode.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Awesome episode. Ollie and Slade sizing each other up with that epic loving hand shake, complete with the "SMACK" sound effect was amazing. Reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txuWGoZF3ew

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
So it seems like a lot of people got the Ted Kord thing but did anyone else see a "Blue Devil" ad on the side of the bus?

I love the references in this show.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
"I have scars, too... Had my wisdom teeth out, 3 stitches"

Oh Felicity you poor thing, feeling a bit out of your depth :allears:

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
Pilled up Felicity is the best Felicity.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

teagone posted:

Awesome episode. Ollie and Slade sizing each other up with that epic loving hand shake, complete with the "SMACK" sound effect was amazing. Reminded me of this:

That handshake was straight out of Spartacus, and I seriously can't wait to watch modern day Spartacus v Crixus. Manu Bennett continues to be the perfect choice for the direction that they're going in, and I seriously can't loving wait.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
So how long do we have to wait until Blue Beatle shows up?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

teagone posted:

It was much closer to the Spartacus forearm shake, which I think makes the Predator handshake look like Baby's First Broshake.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sober posted:

It was much closer to the Spartacus forearm shake, which I think makes the Predator handshake look like Baby's First Broshake.

Ollie/Slade was nowhere near a Spartacus level broshake. Was still pretty good though. The Predator broshake is the original, man. Gotta give respect.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Crunk Abortion posted:

Pilled up Felicity is the best Felicity.

Cannot argue with this.

Also gently caress, those were some epic death eyes between Ollie and Slade. Is it next week yet? :suspense:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
SLADE MOTHERFUCKING WILSON :black101:

Edit: God this show is loving aces. Slade showing up looking all relaxed in Moire's goddamn drawing room to schmooze is the best goddamn declaration of challenge. He might as well just showed up in the Arrow Cave and done a freaking haka, it has roughly the same effect.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 27, 2014

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I thought this was the worst episode they've done in a long time, maybe ever. Like, Huntress level bad. So much soap opera bullshit. There was some GOOD character drama buried in there, Laurel deciding to be less lovely - but even that came with that ridiculously melodramatic drowning speech. The entire Felicity arc was some high school level poo poo. Just liquid garbage.

Things I liked:
- All of the abs. Holy crap, Caity Lotz. And Diggle is still gigantic.
- Scar Talk.
- Arrow stopping the bus. With the train whizzing past him and his hand on the bus, there were some nice little shots. Looked very physical.
- Diggle actually did something.
- The reveal about Sin - I didn't see it coming and I thought it was nice. Also her little awkward moment "meeting" Sarah. (I'm going to assume the coincidence of the pilot being from Star City was down to him maybe looking for Ollie there?)
- The ending that the thread title totally spoiled for me.

Neon Knight posted:

Didn't like so much the 'Hackers can cause anything electronic to explode' device. Really, you mashed your hand on a tablet and his cell phone exploded? Is that a feature of Windows 8?
Yeah, that was really dumb. And kind of an incredibly weak ending for what seemed like an interesting, sympathetic villain.

I still wish they'd lean more on Green Arrow's left wing origins. We just had an episode in which our "heroic" vigilantes protected banks from a guy who just wanted to pay for American healthcare. :smith:

teagone posted:

It reminded me more of the "Hello, Dexter Morgan" moment from Dexter season 4.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I though this episode was merely ok, apart from Robert Knepper. But i loved the ending, i can't wait to see where they go with this.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

I know this is mostly irrelevant and I'm not looking for sympathy, but this episode made me SUPER sad since both my younger and older brothers passed away from Cystic Fibrosis. I was so hoping for redemption for Clock King even if it meant life in prison and Ollie helping his sister. Blah.

The end was still amazing, though.

Sorry to hear that, man. You lucked out in getting the good genes, as poo poo as it is to put it that way.
As someone with (rather mild) Cystic Fibrosis, its nice to hear a namedrop for the most common recessive genetic disease, which most people have never even heard of. I'm really happy medical science has advanced enough to have actual treatments, and that I'll never need a lung transplant! (which for CF patients is always a double, but complications are usually minimal since most of said patients are fairly young and don't have a lot of the issues tenderly folks with organ failures have)

That said, this show continues to be my guilty nerd pleasure, and its only getting better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I still wish they'd lean more on Green Arrow's left wing origins.

That's not from his origin, that's more recent.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
wait...what was the reveal about Sin?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dead Snoopy posted:

wait...what was the reveal about Sin?

Sin is the island pilot's daughter.

vvvvv Very silly, yes, but it's not a huge deal. vvvvv

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 27, 2014

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Great episode, but did anyone else find it a bit silly that the pilot's daughter (who crashed half a world away) JUST HAPPENED to live in Starling City?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
This one?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'm not really a fan of the Sin thing. Too many totally-coincidental connections between the characters just makes the world feel small. Like, there's this random pilot dude who just happened to live in Starling City, just happened to be flying over this particular nearly-abandoned Chinese island chain, just happens to get shot down over the particular island that has two other people from Starling City? He couldn't have been from any other city? Sara couldn't have gone out and found Sin in another city and brought her to Starling with her?

I know it seems like quibbling over a minor detail, but details matter, and this show is usually pretty good about them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Spergatory posted:

I'm not really a fan of the Sin thing. Too many totally-coincidental connections between the characters just makes the world feel small. Like, there's this random pilot dude who just happened to live in Starling City, just happened to be flying over this particular nearly-abandoned Chinese island chain, just happens to get shot down over the particular island that has two other people from Starling City? He couldn't have been from any other city? Sara couldn't have gone out and found Sin in another city and brought her to Starling with her?

I know it seems like quibbling over a minor detail, but details matter, and this show is usually pretty good about them.

I assume that she traveled to Starling since she heard that Ollie came from that island, or she was sent there as part of a plan.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume that she traveled to Starling since she heard that Ollie came from that island, or she was sent there as part of a plan.

That was sort of my assumption to. Sarah finds Sin and since there are assassins out to get her doesn't want her close by and sends Sin to a place she feels is safer. A place, if need be, she can send Sin to friends like a billionaire vigilante and a police officer she trusts could help her out of a jam.

Sin goes to Starling City and starts slumming it and thats how she learns the 'street info' Roy uses her for a couple years/months layer.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I think if you look at it there is a length of time there between Ollie's return from the island and Sin's introduction as a character where it is totally feasible she could have been in some other city with Sara. From this point all it would take is one throwaway line to explain that Sin moved to Starling City a few weeks before we meet her for the first time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I loved the little moment where Lance told Ollie that he wasn't a killer. I can't wait for the reveal that he figured out Ollie was the Arrow ages ago :allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't we see Sara rescue Sin in the premiere?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

I loved the little moment where Lance told Ollie that he wasn't a killer. I can't wait for the reveal that he figured out Ollie was the Arrow ages ago :allears:

He has known since the first season. Remember how his storyline was him trying to prove that Ollie was Arrow, and his chase was mostly due to his hatred of Ollie. Once he saw that Ollie changed he became a fan of Arrow.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rarity posted:

There is no way we go from Detective Lance, Oliver, and Sara at the party with Lance getting the call, and then Detective Lance, Arrow/????, and Canary/Sara at the crime scene and him not knowing. It's all but confirmed now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Klungar posted:

There is no way we go from Detective Lance, Oliver, and Sara at the party with Lance getting the call, and then Detective Lance, Arrow/????, and Canary/Sara at the crime scene and him not knowing. It's all but confirmed now.

Eh, the fact that he knows Sara is the Canary kind of excuses the Arrow showing up at places he shouldn't have heard about.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Eh, I have the feeling that Arrow's identity will be a surprise to Detective Lance so they can do a dorky surprise-suspenseful-CW-reveal, but I would love, LOVE it if when Ollie reveals his identity to the detective Lance goes, "What? You think just because you wear a dorky green mask and a hoodie I can't figure out who you are? Pshh!"

That would just make my day.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's probably something like he's 90% sure it's Ollie, but doesn't even want to confirm it just for pure plausible deniability.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

imperialparadox posted:

Eh, I have the feeling that Arrow's identity will be a surprise to Detective Lance so they can do a dorky surprise-suspenseful-CW-reveal, but I would love, LOVE it if when Ollie reveals his identity to the detective Lance goes, "What? You think just because you wear a dorky green mask and a hoodie I can't figure out who you are? Pshh!"

That would just make my day.

I would love if he acts surprised for a second, then the next he just starts laughing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

It's probably something like he's 90% sure it's Ollie, but doesn't even want to confirm it just for pure plausible deniability.

This is it exactly(I posted about this last week too). Like Commissioner Gordon, Lance has come to the logical conclusion that Ollie is Arrow. He knows it in his heart, he believes it to be true. But he won't pursue the evidence he would need to prove it 100% because then he would have to arrest him, and Lance has come around to the opinion that Arrow is good for the city. I'm not sure I'd call it "plausible deniability" only because that makes it sound like he's covering his own rear end, when really I think its that he wants to be able to do his job as a cop without having to arrest someone that is a positive influence on the city. He's trying to have it both ways, but I assume eventually he'll have to make a choice.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 27, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Didn't Sara even say "We saw you leave"?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Does anyone else hope that Felicity keeps getting lessons from Sara? I don't want her to start getting up to Sara/Ollie levels, but I think it would be cool if she was able to kick a little rear end too :allears:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Cityinthesea posted:

Does anyone else hope that Felicity keeps getting lessons from Sara? I don't want her to start getting up to Sara/Ollie levels, but I think it would be cool if she was able to kick a little rear end too :allears:

The way they interacted in that scene (how obvious it was that Felicity felt useless/jealous of Sarah, and Ollie walking in right before Sarah could respond) I can't really see this happening. Felicity getting training, maybe, but not from Sarah.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Since spoilers don't really affect me like they do other people (I'm here for the journey :smuggo:) my coworkers can corroborate that I pretty much acted out :tviv: in the Slade Wilson reveal. When Oliver realizes what is going on and he just locks up, so good.

The only gripe I have about the episode is that the Clock King resolution sort of fell off the truck. Count me as one of the people expecting a charitable donation from the Queen Foundation or whatever where Tockman's sister gets her transplant and Waller meets with Tockman or something. It feels like that resolution got overrun by the Laurel/Sara reconciliation and the Slade Wilson reveal.

But hey, at least Laurel no longer has a dorito face.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
If they really are doing a Suicide Squad storyline next season I wonder if they'll include Captain Boomerang. He just seems too ridiculous, even for this show. I don't know how you tone him down or make him anything close to "realistic"; the Arrow character himself is pushing it, Boomerang has all that but with the added ridiculousness of all of his various weapons being boomerangs. And if you take away the boomerangs then its not really Captain Boomerang is it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

If they really are doing a Suicide Squad storyline next season I wonder if they'll include Captain Boomerang. He just seems too ridiculous, even for this show. I don't know how you tone him down or make him anything close to "realistic", the Arrow character himself is pushing it, Boomerang has all that but with the added ridiculousness of all of his various weapons being boomerangs.

What makes you think its next season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

What makes you think its next season?

It seems like its building to an actual storyline, not just a one-episode thing, and I don't feel like there's enough time left this season to squeeze it in. I was kind of assuming all this Slade stuff would take up the majority of the remaining episodes.

Edit: Definitive answer: I just looked at the wiki for the show and I was wrong, the 16th episode is named Suicide Squad. There were about 6 episodes more than I thought left in the season, that was the mistake I was making there.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 27, 2014

• Locked thread