Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A game about Redguard pirates exploring their ruined civilisation (obvi there would be some ancient evil they awaken you gotta stop) and hanging out with Ottomans, travelling with caravans across the desert and delving into Aladdin style treasure caves would be pretty cool. Too bad gamers won't buy a game about black people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pwnstar posted:

A game about Redguard pirates exploring their ruined civilisation (obvi there would be some ancient evil they awaken you gotta stop) and hanging out with Ottomans, travelling with caravans across the desert and delving into Aladdin style treasure caves would be pretty cool. Too bad gamers won't buy a game about black people.

Bethesda could sell a game with a turd on the front cover (like actual physical human feces, not an artistic representation of said poo poo) at this point. Chances are, they're either going to go to Hammerfell or Valenwood next game.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

SunAndSpring posted:

Bethesda could sell a game with a turd on the front cover (like actual physical human feces, not an artistic representation of said poo poo) at this point. Chances are, they're either going to go to Hammerfell or Valenwood next game.

Probs Hammerfell then, they can reuse all the brown wasteland textures from the next Fallout game.

Damp Star Baby
Jan 22, 2014

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
Valenwood will probably be too much like Oblivion-esque Cyrodiil imho, but Hammerfell would be pretty cool. Even though it's a blander landscape than Skyrim, or pretty much anything else they've done. (except Oblivion lol)

Dec 26, 2012

Damp Star Baby posted:

Valenwood will probably be too much like Oblivion-esque Cyrodiil imho

which is why they will probably do it

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
The Elder Scrolls 6: AkaVIr

haha who am I kidding it'll be more generic high fantasy poo poo like always

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Minarchist posted:

The Elder Scrolls 6: AkaVIr

haha who am I kidding it'll be more generic high fantasy poo poo like always

no it'll be akavir

akavir is also now a celtic forest all the books were lies

also chim

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I have been playing Morroblivion because my roommate wanted a copy and I booted it up out of boredom, and it's got fcom and oblivionxp and a bunch of stuff added to it.

Cyrodiil is a boring slog and after two hours I had a better spell and a sword with 20 charges of mediocre.

I went over to Vvardenfell and had 4 Jinkblades and assorted rad light armor and most of the Redoran vault funneled into Creeper in 20 minutes, and was hanging out with Ernand Thierry and making broke rear end potions.

reinstalling morrowind, gently caress morroblivion, the only benefit to it is to ignore oblivion's setting completely and romp around vvardenfell in a new engine with different buggy quirks

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
They could also reuse all the snow texture and particle effects from skyrim (lol Bethsoft reusing assets) and recolor them to be sand colored. BAM instant desert in Hammerfell.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Mortimer posted:

no it'll be akavir

akavir is also now a celtic forest all the books were lies

also chim

They could make it japanesque, the Tsaesci need a canon appearance anyway.

Also nations of rabid monkey folk and snow demons would be pretty cool

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the problem with setting a game in a particular province is that the provinces have like one notable trait. skyrim is mountains and snow. cyrodill is forest. black marsh is swamps

theres no reason any of them have to be such one trick ponies as morrowind showed but still. anything can sound boring if you distill it to a descriptive noun

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should do one with the dumb cat furries next because they live in a desert and if you think about it, it's got to be like a giant litter box at this point

also it will give me a chance to show off my new triple H cup cat woman dickgirl mod

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Blast of Confetti posted:

they should do one with the dumb cat furries next because they live in a desert and if you think about it, it's got to be like a giant litter box at this point

also it will give me a chance to show off my new triple H cup cat woman dickgirl mod

There is also a jungle part of that province, and they have something like merchant cities and there are also dozens of cat subraces so they are never gonna do it :(

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
It'd be awesome if they had really smoky skooma dens you could go down into to meet up with whoever and it turns into the drunk mode from GTA4

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'd like for Bethesda to go to Valenwood next but lol at their ability to do forests.

If Bethesda ever finds the ability to do gigantic WoW-esque forests where the canopy is a hundred feet high and so thick you can barely see through it, while lots of area under that is actually huge open space, I'll get excited about tromping around through the woods in Nirn, but it's Bethesda, so who knows if they'll get anywhere close to that without trying to add like 6 orders of magnitude more polygons.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

GreatGreen posted:

I'd like for Bethesda to go to Valenwood next but lol at their ability to do forests.

If Bethesda ever finds the ability to do gigantic WoW-esque forests where the canopy is a hundred feet high and so thick you can barely see through it, while lots of area under that is actually huge open space, I'll get excited about tromping around through the woods in Nirn, but it's Bethesda, so who knows if they'll get anywhere close to that without trying to add like 6 orders of magnitude more polygons.

Now imagine if they do that and give you the option to climb trees plus moving/jumping from one tree to another. It will give you another dimension to combat/traveling.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Disco Infiva posted:

Now imagine if they do that and give you the option to climb trees plus moving/jumping from one tree to another. It will give you another dimension to combat/traveling.

lol beth couldn't even program walking on mountains correctly

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

trying to figure out what mountains are climbable is half the fun of morrowind

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
Bethesda already did an admirable job of simulating backwater nomads with the ashlanders. If they can create a Hammerfell environmentally inspired by a blend of North Africa, Central Asia, and Mongolia it'll be amazing. However, lol, like they would do that when they could slap brown people on light brown landscape and call it a day.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the night dad posted:

Bethesda already did an admirable job of simulating backwater nomads with the ashlanders. If they can create a Hammerfell environmentally inspired by a blend of North Africa, Central Asia, and Mongolia it'll be amazing. However, lol, like they would do that when they could slap brown people on light brown landscape and call it a day.

Do you get to the mud district often? Of course you don't.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

To be frank, they couldn't even program walking on land correctly. I love Morrowind, but the number of times I got stuck on a loving rock is embarrassing. Not to mention stairs or NPCs. Daggerfall is even worse!

They got a bit better at later games though.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

Mortimer posted:

Do you get to the mud district often? Of course you don't.

*touches cursed muck at mud altar*

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Guys I've got it. The perfect TES game would have all the provinces open and fleshed out except for a closed off, zombiefied Cyrodiil/rim by aforementioned flying soul-powered doom fortress from the Black Marsh. Apocalypto-Morrowind was there, WoW-style tripped out massive cathedral-jungle Valenwood and Black Marsh was there, Mongolia-Hammerfell was there and Bethesda has gotten their poo poo together with basic fundamental game mechanics and quality control and a whole army of talented voice actors and ...

...I'm sorry. I was having some kind of waking fever dream, where am I?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

In a Bethesda thread, don't worry these things happen regularly.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Does anyone have some recommendations of mods that work with Morrowblivion? Does FCOM work? Do things like texture/model/visual mods have an effect on Morrowblivion?

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Know why this game is the best?

I haven't played in near a decade. Decided to search for the Boots of Blinding Speed. Looked up that they are North of Caldera but didn't seek any super-specific info. Two nights now I've spent an hour looking for them. Each time I end my session without them, yet having found some awesome poo poo in interesting places I wouldn't have otherwise visited.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Well yeah, if you continue to search for them north of Caldera you will never find them :v:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Really, they're more west than they are north.

And they're not exactly sitting right there in the open waiting for you to pick them up, either.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thx for the spoilers in a thread about a 500 year old game

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

hailthefish posted:

And they're not exactly sitting right there in the open waiting for you to pick them up, either.

Yeah, I remember the circumstances in which you find them. It seems I was a bit off on the location, though.

And the beauty of this game is that I'm not even bothered by it. In oblivion it would've been nothing more than a waste of time

Damp Star Baby
Jan 22, 2014

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
Boots save you from wasting time irl though. Best item in the game imho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Broken Box posted:

n'wah's ain't poo poo but fetchers and s'wits

Fetchers ain't poo poo but n'wahs and swits, :cmon:

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

SunAndSpring posted:

Eventually, a technique called the Pankratosword was developed that could allow the sword to split atoms.

This is the dumbest goddamn thing in all of TES's convoluted-as-gently caress lore.

Edit: I mean I assumed you literally meant atom splitting and not 'Oh its some kind of mythical voice bomb that can kill a few dudes at once but totally isn't a Thum'. Suddenly injecting somewhat real science into 'A Wizard Did It: The Game' seems unbelievably laughable. Either way dudes singing at each other so hard that an entire continent was destroyed is dumb too.

Deadbeat Poetry fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 27, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i agree, i can normally suspend disbelief in fantasy settings to a point, but black people learning to harness the power of science is just beyond the pale

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

i agree, i can normally suspend disbelief in fantasy settings to a point, but black people learning to harness the power of science is just beyond the pale

Please refer to my Orcs=Niggers post earlier

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Savings Coupon posted:

This is the dumbest goddamn thing in all of TES's convoluted-as-gently caress lore.

Edit: I mean I assumed you literally meant atom splitting and not 'Oh its some kind of mythical voice bomb that can kill a few dudes at once but totally isn't a Thum'. Suddenly injecting somewhat real science into 'A Wizard Did It: The Game' seems unbelievably laughable. Either way dudes singing at each other so hard that an entire continent was destroyed is dumb too.
idk if it was literally "splitting the atom", the description is something like "dividing the indivisible" or w/e so you dont need to clog up your elf game with boring dumb science if you dont want to

I like to believe that newtonian physics, germ theory, etc etc all apply in the TES setting but magic exists so who gives a drat.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Guys, would you like to read my fanfic? Of course you do!

RAVAGE OF DAGOHT UR posted:

Chapter 1: CHAPTER 1: THE NEVEVARINE...INE

Chapter Text

once upon time the nerevarine became boss of the world and then there was gloden age forrest of time. Howeva, when tim ended, new klapa started, and neverever's empire fell. One day, an dummer man got a message from prophet. “U ARE NEREVARINEINE!” said prophet. But the man said “but nerevariane is dead!” the prophet respzoned “no not nervaerean but nervareineine. You care reincarionate of neverain who is reincarnate of neeverar. Dogoth ur has returned and got CHIN. You are only one who can strop him!” neverevainain was like “DAGOTH ER MORE LIKE FAGGOTH UER” and so he went.

He taught “the only wae to defeat somebody with CHIM is to get CHIM yourslef. I nede the CHIM jews!” then he met man who was exploding. Neverevarinin undid curse of exploding man. Exploding mane said “thanks I was thalmor boss who was cursed to explode forever but now after exploding for ten thousand yeers I am good now. I will get you the CHIM stones. One of them is in yokuuda!”

so they went to Yokudda and wheil they were theres a giant copres monster army. Neverarinine went at got out machien guns and blasted them, while thalmor boss kicked them so hard the yokuda exploded again. But when check the ruins of yokewda, they discover gem was missing. “DAGGOT DIDN'T PUT GEMS BACK WHERE HE GOT EM!” yelled nerverineine. Thalmor boss said “he's hidden them. Only person knows where they are is haermas mora.” so neverevainin punched so hard he broke barrier between mundas and apotycra, and jumped there.

At apotycra hermase mora was there and said “whatcha want?” the neveravrineine said “WE NEED TO KNO WHERE CHIM JEWELS ARE AT”. Heramora said “okay they are hidden at black march, akaver, hammerfall, and to realms of oblition: caldharba and moonshadder.” thalmor boss said “thanks harmas mora” and they were about to leave when harmaeus said “NOT SO FAST! In exchange for this info you must giev me your sols!” the nevevrineine and thalmor boos were like “HELL NO”, so hermaeus mora aggrieved tthem!

Here is some more information about it:
Relationship:
Jiub/Yagrum Bagarn
Additional Tags:
Hurt/ComfortMpreg

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Savings Coupon posted:

wrong it owns

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense though that redguards consider spirit swords incredibly difficult to create and powerful, in a world where any scrub can summon a godly sword from the daedric realms and start smashing poo poo up

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Taking someone elses sword, even if you have to break into their house to get it, is much easier than making one from scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

i edited the text to be about them creating dozens of different uses for peanuts instead

• Locked thread