Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Sandweed posted:

My favorite part of this thread is the range of posters, you can have Denzine posting his 6 Forma Penta build and why it's essential to have a 4 Formaed Vauban to go with it, and the next post under him is a new player asking why a jerk called stalker came into his mission and murdered him.
I'm pretty sure I'm at the point where half my Warframe stories follow a "One time, Denzine did a thing" format.

One of the comments is joking about Loki Prime switch-teleporting in at the end.
A double Prime update would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

More Tales From the Crypt Dojo

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
With the way Rhino looks, I always figured that DE's artists really didn't know what the hell they wanted to do with him, other than 'make it big'. The Rhino Immortal skin further cements this suspicion. Now I see that they studiously avoid showing anything but the most extreme closeups in the video, so I'm expecting something pretty lackluster.

But I'll still grind it out anyway, and forma out the loving V polarity they'll no doubt put on it, because Rhino is my favorite. I play other frames because I get bored with playing Rhino so much, but he's still the best. :unsmith:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I dragged my Rhino to 30 and then parked his slow boring rear end on the bench. Am I not playing the game incorrectly?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Nitrox posted:

I dragged my Rhino to 30 and then parked his slow boring rear end on the bench. Am I not playing the game incorrectly?

How long ago was that? There was a while when he was the best frame in the game. And then there was a short bit where he was really lousy. And then pretty soon after that there was a time when he was the best frame in the game again, which has continued to this day.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Around 8 months ago I think. It wasn't a bad frame, just didn't suit my play style at all. But I do have 4 formas in Loki if that's any indication.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
They're updating to 12.3.0 in 3 minutes or so, according to the red messages in game.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
gently caress sleep, let's get the new frame

181 MB

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Update 12.3.0: The Grustrag Three

Zoc5ITJ.jpg

Additions:

Vem Tabook, Shik Tal and Leekter. Remember their names, Tenno. They may be coming for you!

Vay Hek has warned that any Tenno supporting the Corpus during invasions will face consequences; we now know what those consequences are. Riddled with mutation, violent tendencies and the urge to kill, these Grineer defects - otherwise known as The Grustrag Three - pose a high level threat. They have been detected in the Solar System and have been taking notice of Tenno support for Corpus during invasions. If it is the Brakk you seek, the Grustrag Three you must defeat.

Tenno Reinforcement:

- Marelok! Grineer Lever Action Secondary weapon! Find it in Clan Tech or the Market today.

- Forest Level expansion!

Cosmetic Additions:

- 4x Immortal Skins: Nekros, Valkyr, Oberon, and Ember!
- Twilight Colour Picker!

Other Additions:

- New Hyena information hooked up in Codex.
- New ambient sounds added to the Forest Levels!
- Level up effect now uses energy colour!

Changes:

- Adjusted Timing to show Castanas in hand sooner after reload is complete.
- Show “The Void”, “The Derelicts” and “Dojo” in the Star Chart if players have the required keys.
- Tweaked the depth cue on energy projectile's flares so they aren't so large in the distance (Detron Projectile feedback changes).
- Weapon and Mod conclave tweaks - increased the ratings on the Synapse, Heavy Caliber, and Toxin Damage mods.
- Revised name of Zoren Dagger Axe skin, so that we don't have duplicate names (Dagger Axe).
- Changed Frost’s Ability Sounds to align with new casting times.

Fixes:

- Fixed Burston Prime Blueprint not being tradeable.
- Fixed problem where players could get stuck in a state where they can’t roll or melee if they were not completely knocked down by an enemy.
- Fixed another instance of permanent end of mission black screen .
- Fixed remaining issues with Zephyr’s Turbulence letting most shots through.
- Fixed issue where Players can trade in progress Prime Blueprints which caused loss of resources.
- Fixed missing Japanese Characters (font) in game.
- Fixed issue where player attempts to fuse certain mods result in errors.
- Fixed issues with day/night fog on Earth.
- Fixed music not restarting after Stalker/Harvester appears.
- Fixed issues where Warframes that were Harvested while wearing Immortal skins weren’t showing proper FX in Aresenal.
- Fixed issue 9 from here, issues with mesh cuts in Forest: https://forums.warfr...-glitch-report/
- Fixed issue where Sniper Rifle enemies would rapid-fire when blind-firing.
- Fixed Ignis not using energy colour.
- Fixed Supra/Boltor not using energy colour.
- Fixed Amphis not using energy colour.
- Fixed issue where Capture target would get stuck on Earth missions.
- Fixed enemies throwing grenades while/after running instead of in proper Grenade throwing ways sequence.
- Fixed progression stopping issue if playing Earth’s Sabotage mission with Nightmare mode ‘timer’ permutation.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/186244-update-1230-the-grustrag-three/

Someone called them dropping Brakk parts for pubbie tears, I believe?

efb

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

quote:

DERebecca, on 27 Feb 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:
Update 12.3.0: The Grustrag Three

Additions:

Vem Tabook, Shik Tal and Leekter. Remember their names, Tenno. They may be coming for you!

Vay Hek has warned that any Tenno supporting the Corpus during invasions will face consequences; we now know what those consequences are. Riddled with mutation, violent tendencies and the urge to kill, these Grineer defects - otherwise known as The Grustrag Three - pose a high level threat. They have been detected in the Solar System and have been taking notice of Tenno support for Corpus during invasions. If it is the Brakk you seek, the Grustrag Three you must defeat.

Tenno Reinforcement:

- Marelok! Grineer Lever Action Secondary weapon! Find it in Clan Tech or the Market today.

Marelok [YouTube]

- Forest Level expansion!

Cosmetic Additions:

- 4x Immortal Skins: Nekros, Valkyr, Oberon, and Ember!
- Twilight Colour Picker!

Other Additions:

- New Hyena information hooked up in Codex.
- New ambient sounds added to the Forest Levels!
- Level up effect now uses energy colour!

Changes:

- Adjusted Timing to show Castanas in hand sooner after reload is complete.
- Show “The Void”, “The Derelicts” and “Dojo” in the Star Chart if players have the required keys.
- Tweaked the depth cue on energy projectile's flares so they aren't so large in the distance (Detron Projectile feedback changes).
- Weapon and Mod conclave tweaks - increased the ratings on the Synapse, Heavy Caliber, and Toxin Damage mods.
- Revised name of Zoren Dagger Axe skin, so that we don't have duplicate names (Dagger Axe).
- Changed Frost’s Ability Sounds to align with new casting times.

Fixes:

- Fixed Burston Prime Blueprint not being tradeable.
- Fixed problem where players could get stuck in a state where they can’t roll or melee if they were not completely knocked down by an enemy.
- Fixed another instance of permanent end of mission black screen .
- Fixed remaining issues with Zephyr’s Turbulence letting most shots through.
- Fixed issue where Players can trade in progress Prime Blueprints which caused loss of resources.
- Fixed missing Japanese Characters (font) in game.
- Fixed issue where player attempts to fuse certain mods result in errors.
- Fixed issues with day/night fog on Earth.
- Fixed music not restarting after Stalker/Harvester appears.
- Fixed issues where Warframes that were Harvested while wearing Immortal skins weren’t showing proper FX in Aresenal.
- Fixed issue 9 from here, issues with mesh cuts in Forest: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/151081-grineer-jungle-explorafun-feedback-suggestion-glitch-report/
- Fixed issue where Sniper Rifle enemies would rapid-fire when blind-firing.
- Fixed Supra/Boltor not using energy colour.
- Fixed Amphis not using energy colour.
- Fixed issue where Capture target would get stuck on Earth missions.
- Fixed enemies throwing grenades while/after running instead of in proper Grenade throwing ways sequence.
- Fixed progression stopping issue if playing Earth’s Sabotage mission with Nightmare mode ‘timer’ permutation.

Beaten but fixed!

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

quote:

Best patch since 11.0

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
SPLIT CHAMBER
NATURAL TALENT
3 NEURODES

That is what I got from killing the greneer death squad. On the first corpus mission I went to. Holy poo poo. Everyone go farm those fuckers now.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Beaning jerks with Castanas is maybe the most fun I've had with this game, sort of considering using them exclusively while teammate leeching grinds all my primaries to 30.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
New pistol has cool animations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV27NANQuu4

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Nitrox posted:

SPLIT CHAMBER
NATURAL TALENT
3 NEURODES

That is what I got from killing the greneer death squad. On the first corpus mission I went to. Holy poo poo. Everyone go farm those fuckers now.
Nice haul. I wonder if this is DE's 'solution' to Grineer owning the star map - making counter-farming for Corpus invasions a sure thing by adding sweet loots to the one drop table in-game with Brakk. It's pretty good in the short-term, but I think they'll have some event later on to prop up a hard reset on the star map.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Ran the alert for the Phoenix helm and someone was Death Squad Marked...so we got to fight the Death Squad during a Survival. They're actually a fun trio of bosses.

Drops were: Hell's Chamber 2x, Barrel Diffusion. Which, honestly, I can't complain about.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Nitrox posted:

SPLIT CHAMBER
NATURAL TALENT
3 NEURODES

Same except I got blueprint, barrel and receiver. :stonk:

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Oh my god, it does the spin-cock thing. :swoon:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It would be cool if the Grineer and Corpus used some of the gun designs we have stolen from them themselves.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
So I just fought the Grineer Death Squad on a nightmare level. They have this little drone thing that covers you up if you get downed that stops you from bleeding out, but you can't shoot or move. If someone finishes the mission or you lose, then this happens.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Sandweed posted:

It would be cool if the Grineer and Corpus used some of the gun designs we have stolen from them themselves.
well Corpus use Dera/Flux Rifle and Grineer use Grakata. As for the rest maybe we shot everyone who had them. :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Piell posted:

So I just fought the Grineer Death Squad on a nightmare level. They have this little drone thing that covers you up if you get downed that stops you from bleeding out, but you can't shoot or move. If someone finishes the mission or you lose, then this happens.

Haha, Lotus is such a bitch.
Suck it cripple. Here's a plan to fix it or whatever, not my problem any more.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
So decided to log back in for the first time since clans were introduced, and good lord the game has changed massively.

Sent another form whatever poo poo to get reinvited to the clan. Time wasting starts again.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ugh Neural Sensors? Couldn't they at least have put like 10k Nanospores inn there?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sandweed posted:

Almost all of them do, at least among their non-robotic units (most Corpus enemy types are drones or MOAs).

Grineer: Lancers (as well as Commanders and Hellions) use the Grakata, Elite Lancers use the Hind, Eviscerators use the Miter, Troopers use the Sobek, Scorches use the Ignis, Heavy Gunners use the Gorgon, Seekers use the Kraken, Shield Lancers use the Viper, Scorpions use the Machete, Powerfists use the Furax, Ballista use the Vulkar, Butchers use Cleavers, and Bombards use an Ogris (albeit a homing variant).

Corpus: Crewmen use the Dera or Detron, Elite Crewmen use the Flux Rifle, Snipers use the Lanka, Prod Crewmen use the Prova, and Techs use the Supra.

It'd be nice to see more enemy types, though.

Sandweed posted:

Ugh Neural Sensors? Couldn't they at least have put like 10k Nanospores inn there?
Control Modules would also be an acceptable substitute.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Also Frontier Lancers use the Karak :eng101:

Piell posted:

So does that do anything if you go into a mission before removing it?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
They renamed Focus to "Intensify" which is silly but I guess they have to prepare us for the Focus system.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Helter Skelter posted:

Almost all of them do, at least among their non-robotic units (most Corpus enemy types are drones or MOAs).

Grineer: Lancers (as well as Commanders and Hellions) use the Grakata, Elite Lancers use the Hind, Eviscerators use the Miter, Troopers use the Sobek, Scorches use the Ignis, Heavy Gunners use the Gorgon, Seekers use the Kraken, Shield Lancers use the Viper, Scorpions use the Machete, Powerfists use the Furax, Ballista use the Vulkar, Butchers use Cleavers, and Bombards use an Ogris (albeit a homing variant).

I was sure that Elite Lancers used the Burston, but I stand corrected.

But I was thinking about the last few we have gotten, like the Penta or the Cestra.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sandweed posted:

But I was thinking about the last few we have gotten, like the Penta or the Cestra.
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more show up in the future as more tilesets and enemies are introduced (and we still have a bunch of bosses due for a redesign), but given the shitload of current weapons plus the pace new weapons are introduced I think it's kind of inevitable that some stuff is just never gonna find a home on an enemy.

And while I haven't fought them since the last Darvo event, looking at the codex it looks the Hyenas have Pentas strapped to their backs.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 27, 2014

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yay hot pink Ignis is a reality!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

So the new jet hammer animations are pretty satisfying!

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

I just came out of that Hammer Shot Rescue nightmare alert, beat it after the third try with a 2 Rhino squad. It was scripted to have a secondary objective :negative:

All I have to say is gently caress Rescue missions forever and gently caress the dumbass hostage AI.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

:siren:PS4 Alert: E Gate (Venus): Deactivate Computer Core Defenses - 125m - 3700cr - Shroud Nekros Helmet (Blueprint) :siren:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Can trinity make the rescue person invincible? Because that's probably the only way I'm ever going into a nightmare rescue mission ugh.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
No, Trinity can't. Also, some things can just randomly kill the hostage from full health. Or maybe the hostage instantly suffocates if their shields go down after you blow open the windows? Because my first try on that mission the hostage died while him and I were riding an elevator, because the pubbies thought it was a great idea to leave the hostage behind in a room that wasn't cleared out. So somehow they did something that killed the hostage while he was safe.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Can trinity make the rescue person invincible? Because that's probably the only way I'm ever going into a nightmare rescue mission ugh.

Usual issue with those rescue alerts is people forgetting to bring the hostage with them on the elevators.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

So what's the exact process necessary to get the Grustrag Three to spawn, and where will they spawn after you've completed the requirement? Is it as simple as "do missions for Corpus" in contested systems and then they spawn on you in future grineer missions?

Need to farm up Brakk parts and all those sexy mods they drop.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Assuming it's similar to the harvester you just need to do invasions against the grineer and try to avoid helping them until they show up pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

sushibandit posted:

So what's the exact process necessary to get the Grustrag Three to spawn, and where will they spawn after you've completed the requirement? Is it as simple as "do missions for Corpus" in contested systems and then they spawn on you in future grineer missions?

Need to farm up Brakk parts and all those sexy mods they drop.

It's the same as Zanuka, just help Corpus in invasions and Vay Hek will send you a message saying you've made a mistake. They'll come after you later, I got them the brakk bros sent after me like 3 invasion missions after I got the warning and it only took like 5 invasion missions to get that warning.

Lotus freaks out and tells you to not even fight and just get to extraction, it's a lot more elaborate than just Alad making some threats before the harvester gets to you.

Veev fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 27, 2014