Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Setanta
Feb 6, 2010
Loving the rebuild, turning point for me as an envious reader was the return of the frame from powdercoating.

On a side note, my parents had one of these when we lived in Malaysia in the mid 70s. Small? Nah! You can fit 2 adults, 2 young kids and a baby in one :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Got carbs?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I hope so, because more excuses got posted on that website:

quote:

Now its my wife who is in the hopital. I was recovering nicely from my surgery and had planned for this to be my first week back on a regular schedule. Then my wife got sick and had to go into the hospital on an emergency basis early Wednesday morning and had surgery on Thursday. She is now recovering - 3 rooms down from where I was 3 weeks ago. I will have to continue focusing on her for the next couple of days so it may be hard to get hold of me. Please send emails and I will try to catch up by the weekend. Some shipping will go out Friday, but most will be delayed until next week.

SMASH MOUTH BUILD THE CARBS

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It must get tiring dodging people all the time...

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

88h88 posted:

It must get tiring dodging people all the time...

I read a post on a thread about hoarders basically saying that because humans are driven to reduce dissonance (to have a base existence that is stress-free and "normal"), they create normality through mentally changing the goalposts. For example, if the dustbin is full, but emptying it would be too stressful, put those pizza boxes in a stack sext to the bin! Now that becomes the "pizza box place" and normality is restored.
I wonder if this guy has spent so much time and effort avoiding people and work, he now subconsciously considers it less effort to keep doing so, rather than make a change and build some carbs?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Vindolanda posted:

I read a post on a thread about hoarders basically saying that because humans are driven to reduce dissonance (to have a base existence that is stress-free and "normal"), they create normality through mentally changing the goalposts. For example, if the dustbin is full, but emptying it would be too stressful, put those pizza boxes in a stack sext to the bin! Now that becomes the "pizza box place" and normality is restored.
I wonder if this guy has spent so much time and effort avoiding people and work, he now subconsciously considers it less effort to keep doing so, rather than make a change and build some carbs?

This was genuinely interesting. Personally I dont cover up things that stress me out, i just put it off till tomorrow. Like the laundry I'm supposed to be doing right now on my one day off for the next 6 days.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

People are just loving weird. I put all my bills and statements in a pile on my desk until I get tired of looking at it, then I sort it, shred what needs shredding, and file what needs filing. Then I swear to myself I'll stop piling it up but that lasts about a week.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

LloydDobler posted:

People are just loving weird. I put all my bills and statements in a pile on my desk until I get tired of looking at it, then I sort it, shred what needs shredding, and file what needs filing. Then I swear to myself I'll stop piling it up but that lasts about a week.

This makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Lightbulb Out posted:

This makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

gently caress, you and me both, man. I just took a whole box of bills and credit card statements to a shredding place a few months back. Swore off ever having to do it again. What do I have now?

A whole mountain of bills and credit card statements that need to be shredded.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I file the stack of bills into my file cabinet once every 3-4 months. Do I need paper copies of my credit card bills from 4 years ago? Nope, but maybe...

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Shredders are awesome and fun to use what is wrong with you people. BRRRRRRRRRR and out comes little confetti.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Vindolanda posted:

This explanation sounds a lot like my housemate. The annoying thing is that the kinda stuff he just puts off is the easiest poo poo in the world, stuff that takes seconds. I can kiiiiiiinda understand carbdude becoming bored by what was once maybe a hobby and now is far too much 'work'. I'd just quit and sell up if it was that much effort.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

8ender posted:

Shredders are awesome and fun to use what is wrong with you people. BRRRRRRRRRR and out comes little confetti.

I hate having to nurse my shredder because it's a small piece of consumer bullshit that starts grumbling if you shove three or four sheets of paper in it at the same time. I've had to replace it already once because it once got used slightly too long without having the magic shredder oil run through it.

For the level of noise and maintenance I have to spend on it, I want a loving V8 powered shredder that I can offhand-chuck an entire binder full of paper at and have it shred it rings and all. I'm a busy man, motherfucker.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I just burn all my important paperwork in the fire pit with a splash of gasoline and/or chlorine free brakleen for flavor.

Rather satisfying to light old bills and junkmail on fire.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Seat Safety Switch posted:

magic shredder oil

We oil the ones at work by soaking a sheet of paper in cheap light machine oil and run that through. Seems to work fine.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I just use 3 in 1 oil? Soaking the paper in oil is a loving genius idea, though.

Also we used to (until a few months ago) have two rats, so we used the shredded paper for cage bedding. It was a nice cycle, and even though I really, really hate rats, I do have to admit that caring for them was essentially free (scrap food + shredded paper bedding).

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
my dad blew up a shedder once after a marathon bill shredding session, he didn't have eyelashes for a while.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

For the level of noise and maintenance I have to spend on it, I want a loving V8 powered shredder that I can offhand-chuck an entire binder full of paper at and have it shred it rings and all. I'm a busy man, motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZDngpTmpzQ

:q:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Hm? V8 Shredder? Not sure why you need to shred v8 power but it does exist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltyt5ZphAo

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

SSI has a show on the national geographic channel and they are always shredding cool stuff.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
drat all of these posts and none of them about the Datsun.

When I start to think of clutter and hoarders it makes me feel claustrophobic and like I should immediately make a pass through all of my belongings and get rid of anything that hasn't seen recent use. :psyduck:

I need to go wash my hands five times now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Hm? V8 Shredder? Not sure why you need to shred v8 power but it does exist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltyt5ZphAo

This video is loving with my head. It's like the blocks are made of sugar cubes :psyduck:
The most difficult thing to shred? Apparently, brake drums. Also, when that tire explodes near the end :allears:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Germans do it better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyZtGTHlH34

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Screw practicality, best 1 mile commute ever.
Jesus. My life has ground to a halt. I literally spend all day working, seven days a week.

I used to love crunch time... On the plus side, you can now go register domain names ending in .TATTOO and .SEXY, and I encourage you all to do it so that I can point at the numbers and say "LOOK. LOOK AT THESE NUMBERS. NOW MAY I SLEEP?"

Gonna call Parker again today.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

oh boy, I can't wait till I can register all sorts of domains..
first one will be
ironblockis.sexy

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I was kind of hoping to snipe is.sexy, so I could sell *.is.sexy subdomains.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Safety Dance posted:

I was kind of hoping to snipe is.sexy, so I could sell *.is.sexy subdomains.

Unfortunately, ICANN doesn't allow two letter domains at the moment due to the potential collision with country codes. I'm privately hoping that we can work something out with Iceland (whose ccTLD is .is). I think an email service for *@is.sexy would be viable.

Furthermore, that would have been at the top of our registry reserved list and you never would have had the chance to snipe it. :smug:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Imagine applying for a job using an @imtoo.sexy email address...

brb registering imtoo.sexy

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Wait, new TLDs is still a thing? Let me hop back into my dotcom bubble and ride it out like its 1999.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

It's dotcom bubble 2.0! usedtampons.com might be taken, but who gives a poo poo! Now you can register usedtampons.horse!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
poo poo, maybe I should stick on my original graphic fc shirt. You hiring cranky old fucks to take care of bind djbdns issues?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Pretty soon we'll end up with clownpenis.fart as the only remaining available domain name.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I hate having to nurse my shredder because it's a small piece of consumer bullshit that starts grumbling if you shove three or four sheets of paper in it at the same time. I've had to replace it already once because it once got used slightly too long without having the magic shredder oil run through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCH6n9v-qLw

We used one of those to clean out an old office compactus, a full archive box at a time!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

Imagine applying for a job using an @imtoo.sexy email address...

My old company no poo poo received a reasonably well-worded application from a guy who under "contact details" had ceresroyal89@hotmail.com as his email address. Ceres Royal is a fairly lovely beer whose most redeeming qualities are cheap price, high alcohol content, and the least bad tasting when served lukewarm.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

bolind posted:

My old company no poo poo received a reasonably well-worded application from a guy who under "contact details" had ceresroyal89@hotmail.com as his email address. Ceres Royal is a fairly lovely beer whose most redeeming qualities are cheap price, high alcohol content, and the least bad tasting when served lukewarm.

Classy!

A friend of mine once applied for a job using an email address with the word "scapegoat" in it. He didn't get the job.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Ferremit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCH6n9v-qLw

We used one of those to clean out an old office compactus, a full archive box at a time!

There we loving go. When you need a job done, you go to the Australians.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

There we loving go. When you need a job done, you go to the Australians.

Remember - if you use it in the northern hemisphere it has to be mounted upside down to feed.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

bolind posted:

It's been quite a while now but I still clearly remember a professor calling out a student for submitting their "beer_can@gmail.com" email address when he passed round the form to collect them from the class.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
So could you get ironblock.ur20 then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Come back to us!

Any progress made with carb man? Are you currently running from the law after assaulting carb man with a pipe?

• Locked thread