Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

NTT posted:

I made a base sticker illustration, but I need ideas for the background and the text to wrap around it. I'm thinking sunburst for the background, but I want suggestions for the text.

I like one of the terrorist start lines:

"so that we may be free"

Unless that's too corny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
You know what this game needs? Sprays. I miss sprays.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I dunno i see it all the time in goon man

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

NTT posted:

Who's the goon who was designing weapons/stickers? I want to try this out but don't know the software process that leads to the creative stage of actually making the design.

I've poked around the weapon finish (shameless plugs) tech and the sticker (even more shameless plug) system a bunch and can probably answer any questions you have. Feel free to shoot me a PM any time.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I, for one, cannot wait for the update that adds spray decal cases and paint cans.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
You shouldn't be even allowed to use the mic until you have like 50 mm wins or something. Forces people to pay attention for once in their virtual shoot-man lives.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
This thang got me so many ambush kills in CSS.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Casull posted:

I like one of the terrorist start lines:

"so that we may be free"

Unless that's too corny.

e;

2e; Model Viewer is AMAZINg

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 27, 2014

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Had a really good moment today when matchmaking with Burning Phoenix. Silver goons represent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPv25BGGyw

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Shadowlz posted:

I, for one, cannot wait for the update that adds spray decal cases and paint cans.

$5 for each custom spray decal. I would pay.

J
Jun 10, 2001

What do you all think of 120hz+ monitors? Do they make any noticeable difference compared to a regular 60hz one? Been reading elsewhere and it seems quite a few people swear by them, but when it comes to monitor specs I don't know what actually matters and what is marketing bullshit.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
If you're using them for ~*hardcore gaming*~ sure, but for any other possible use, a HiDPI ("retina") monitor is better.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

J posted:

What do you all think of 120hz+ monitors? Do they make any noticeable difference compared to a regular 60hz one? Been reading elsewhere and it seems quite a few people swear by them, but when it comes to monitor specs I don't know what actually matters and what is marketing bullshit.

It won't make you better
but it looks marginally smoother.
If you have absolutely nothing else (no other hobbies, projects, nuthin) to dump your spare cash into, you won't regret a 120hz monitor

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

NTT posted:

I made a base sticker illustration, but I need ideas for the background and the text to wrap around it. I'm thinking sunburst for the background, but I want suggestions for the text.

Maybe a Kurt Cobain reference? :ghost:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Love Stole the Day posted:

Maybe a Kurt Cobain reference? :ghost:

"Smells Like Terrorist Spirit"

JAssassin posted:

Had a really good moment today when matchmaking with Burning Phoenix. Silver goons represent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPv25BGGyw

protip: when you guys are watching this one, keep an eye on his ammo count when he makes the final kill

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i'm trying to crouch like a scrub

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Don't buy a 120Hz monitor, buy a good ol' CRT to crush your desk with.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

old dog child posted:

i'm trying to crouch like a scrub

Oh man. I couldn't stop laughing for that whole match. Every time you got a kill , I'd check the chat and you'd be calling yourself a scrub.

I'm out for a week due to computer trouble. But I ordered a computer case who's color is described as 'slime' so maybe that will help me click heads.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Can confirm, the appearance of a slime is half of being slime

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

I like the Negev

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

cat with hands posted:

I like the Negev

your just bad

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The negev is pretty sweet

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
I enjoy buying Negev on the 3rd round to assert dominance at the start of a match. I find this a very effective tactic.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Negev is easymode

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Babby's first MM Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9w19GumRU

Admittedly this was weird off-hours US matchmaking so the other team is a spread from Silver 3 to Double-AK.

Tell me how bad my aim is, I guess.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Aim isn't that bad. Just your choice of map

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Why do you spend half the round reloading your gun? You should have died before getting that second kill because of a badly timed reload.

Its kind hard to judge someone aim when they hold angles with a scoped aug while people walk into your sights.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Slaapaav posted:

Why do you spend half the round reloading your gun? You should have died before getting that second kill because of a badly timed reload.

Its kind hard to judge someone aim when they hold angles with a scoped aug while people walk into your sights.

If your bullets are hitting the person you're trying to shoot, you're doing it right.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Wow way to navigate the buy menus with your mouse you scrub

edit: serious post - you don't need to reload so often. This isn't cod where you just want to reload after every time you kill someone, if you are getting pushed and you still have 15-20 bullets left reloading is just asking to get killed

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

astr0man posted:

Wow way to navigate the buy menus with your mouse you scrub

edit: serious post - you don't need to reload so often. This isn't cod where you just want to reload after every time you kill someone, if you are getting pushed and you still have 15-20 bullets left reloading is just asking to get killed

I do it by mouse because I'm a scrub and I still tend to be the first one to finish buying anyway in most rounds.

Yeah I suppose I'll try to keep my reloading down, I'm just a compulsive "ohgod break in the action gently caress it I need more bullets" reloader out of those few times where you JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH and lose a firefight because you were 2 bullets short.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Is rank progression based on round win/loss or match win/loss? I'm trying to figure out if its worth fighting to win every round I can even when we're down 12-2, or if all that the matchmaker records is winning or losing the map.

If it is round based, I'm going to be a bit frustrated because my last two wins were team surrendering before round 15.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Twerk from Home posted:

Is rank progression based on round win/loss or match win/loss? I'm trying to figure out if its worth fighting to win every round I can even when we're down 12-2, or if all that the matchmaker records is winning or losing the map.

If it is round based, I'm going to be a bit frustrated because my last two wins were team surrendering before round 15.

No one really knows the details. All we know is that you can't rank up without winning and vice-versa.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
No one knows. But I'm guessing it's match based.

edit: necco is wrong and has it backwards, you can rank up without winning and vice versa

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm fairly confident that its match win/loss that will determine if you rank up or down. It wouldn't make much sense to make it based on rounds given the side balance on certain maps would make them very undesirable since, for instance, starting T side on Nuke has made some of my teams pretty disappointed after a mediocre 10-5 or 11-4.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Cuntpunch posted:

I'm just a compulsive "ohgod break in the action gently caress it I need more bullets" reloader out of those few times where you JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH

One isn't enough?

jk my headshot % is probably like 5

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

RadioPassive posted:

One isn't enough?

jk my headshot % is probably like 5

No excuse for no 1AKs on CT side either; you let them get a plant down round 2 so they can all buy you your new guns :v:

I'm pretty terrible with the AK but I'm getting better. I'm better with the M4 but I don't let that stand in the way of getting better with the AK.

What's everyone's opinion on the M4A1-S and the M4A4? I like the extra 10 rounds in the M4A4 if you're holding a high traffic area like Ramp or Heaven on Nuke, but the accuracy and stealth offered by the -S is decent utility for the tradeoff in ammunition capacity.

I didn't even know until a few days ago you could change Inventory ingame :cripes:

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

The m4a1-s is my best gun and inexplicably the m4a4 is my worst. Therefore the m4a1-s is far superior, clearly.

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

The real answer is that it's situational; if you're playing on a team and you play specific spots, you will likely tailor your inventory choice to those specific spots.

If you only play buttmen's then just use whatever you're more comfortable with.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

deetee posted:

If you only play buttmen's then just use the UMP.

Drinkfist style.

I'm most consistent with the m4a1-s and will drop an ak to pick one up. The silencer has come in handy a few times but a sneaky gun requires a sneaky person, the silencer is obviously useless if they're already staring at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Can you still Ghetto scope? I remember in 1.6 (Or possibly earlier) you could set up a keybind that dropped sensitivity and hosed around with the FOV to create kind of scopes.

• Locked thread