Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulu
Nov 7, 2005
My entry for FlappyJam is available on the GooglePlayStore , if anyone is into that : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.iq12.SuperPanda&hl=en

It's FlappyBird clone, but I can at least say that it's prettier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Ulu posted:

My entry for FlappyJam is available on the GooglePlayStore , if anyone is into that : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.iq12.SuperPanda&hl=en

I know absolutely nothing about app development but why does it need so many permissions?

Ulu
Nov 7, 2005
The ad banner i used is responsible for those. After a fast check i should be able to remove some that were used by the various banner i tried and aren't needed anymore.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Ulu posted:

I think you wrote "pa-so-da" instead of "pa-n-da". The line at the top left of the character is curved the wrong way.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Qylvaran posted:

I think you wrote "pa-so-da" instead of "pa-n-da". The line at the top left of the character is curved the wrong way.

If you want to be anal about it, it's neither, because the top left line on so (ソ) and n (ン) is curved the same way; the difference is in the direction of the longer stroke, actually. "so" starts at the top, "n" starts at the bottom. He could still change the stroke but considering that it's a Flappy Bird clone, it looks fine to me.

*edit: VVV that works. VVV

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 24, 2014

Ulu
Nov 7, 2005
Oh, that'll teach me to try to wing japanese writing. These katakanas are quite similar.
Would that be better ( i just rotated things a bit ) ?

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Another blooper: Pandas aren't from Japan

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

ovaries posted:

As if anyone buying a flappy bird clone would know or care about that.

Ulu
Nov 7, 2005

ovaries posted:

He's SuperPanda, he flew over the sea !

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone else have any issues on their Galaxy 5 with inputs 'sticking' after pressing down on the screen for a while? I noticed this happening a lot in twin-stick games like Hero Siege and Only One where I suddenly just autorun into traps or off the edge.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

jjac posted:

Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone else have any issues on their Galaxy 5 with inputs 'sticking' after pressing down on the screen for a while? I noticed this happening a lot in twin-stick games like Hero Siege and Only One where I suddenly just autorun into traps or off the edge.

I have a ton of problems with that on my Nexus 7. Which i find makes any twin stick shooters almost unplayable. Never found a solution tho.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

jjac posted:

If you mean Nexus 5 and not the Samsung Galaxy 5, I noticed that the fire button in Galaxy on Fire 2 HD does that sometimes.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
My old Atrix 4g used to do something like that. It was some sort of a raindrop detection thing. Might not be the problem for you, though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Of all the things you could complain about, I'm dismayed that this is the 2nd review that was highlighted:

In other news, Shadow Blade, a ninja-themed platformer popped up on the Play Store today: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deadmage.shadowblade

It's gotten some great reviews on iOS and has a really intuitive swipe-based control scheme. It's pretty fun and quite addictive. The first eight levels are free with the full version of the game unlocked via a $2 IAP.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 26, 2014

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

ovaries posted:

They also can't fly. Checkmate.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I finally beat the second boss in Radiohammer last night. Holy gently caress is he brutal. I take back a lot of what I said about the beginning parts of the fight, since after the initial salvo it's not really any harder than Atomic Sexy.. until the very last segment, where the backbeat drops entirely and I don't even know what you're supposed to be listening to :gonk: Wound up just getting through by getting to it at full HP and flailing at the beats that didn't have clear indicators.

I would still heartily recommend the game if you like difficult rhythm games, since it happens to be a ton of fun.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Tilt to Live 2 is up on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onemanleft.tilttolive2

The first one never saw an Android release but it did get mentioned occasionally in this thread. Apparently its really good?

edit: I'm really poo poo at this game. Also the main menu comes up invisible on my Nexus 4.

About time.. This is the one game that I really missed on android besides dungeon raid. It's a very good poop game, but can also get you caught in a "one more time" infinity trap.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Fives now gives you a free undo or randomizer when you get to 10000 points. You get it at the start of the next game.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Indie space exploration game Out There is out on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miclos.google.games.outthere

I played the beta a few weeks ago and I'm really looking forward to playing through the full version. The game is a mix of FTL, the planetary exploration minigame from Mass Effect, and a choose your own adventure story in which you play a marooned astronaut looking to find his way back to Earth. Interestingly enough there's no combat, but instead the game is really big on exploration, random events, resource management and risk taking, and more often than not you'll find yourself at the end of your journey, drifting without fuel or oxygen because you made a rash decision or took a chance on the wrong planet. It also does a thing with alien encounters which I won't spoil but becomes really cool the longer you play. The art is fantastic, and the soundtrack is pretty decent too. A definite recommendation from me if you're in to this sort of thing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

Indie space exploration game Out There is out on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miclos.google.games.outthere

I played the beta a few weeks ago and I'm really looking forward to playing through the full version. The game is a mix of FTL, the planetary exploration minigame from Mass Effect, and a choose your own adventure story in which you play a marooned astronaut looking to find his way back to Earth. Interestingly enough there's no combat, but instead the game is really big on exploration, random events, resource management and risk taking, and more often than not you'll find yourself at the end of your journey, drifting without fuel or oxygen because you made a rash decision or took a chance on the wrong planet. It also does a thing with alien encounters which I won't spoil but becomes really cool the longer you play. The art is fantastic, and the soundtrack is pretty decent too. A definite recommendation from me if you're in to this sort of thing.

Oh wow, I've actually been waiting for this but thought it would take much longer to actually come out.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
So, FlappyJam is a thing now? We just put out our take on that whole thing along with some Olympics/Russia humor:
Sochi Manhole Xtreme Snowboard!

We're only on Google Play at the moment, but we've submitted to Amazon too. Happy manholing!

Bonus points to anyone who can guess where we got the tagline from.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
At least you've inspired a new thing for me to say when I leave for the bathroom at a bar.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

cgeq posted:

So, FlappyJam is a thing now? We just put out our take on that whole thing along with some Olympics/Russia humor:
Sochi Manhole Xtreme Snowboard!

We're only on Google Play at the moment, but we've submitted to Amazon too. Happy manholing!

Bonus points to anyone who can guess where we got the tagline from.

Why does this need access to send sms?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

mrkillboy posted:

This makes me sad to have a phone because that would probably look gorgeus on a proper tablet.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

mrkillboy posted:

Really interesting and added to my wishlist.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

mrkillboy posted:

What kind of IAP does it have?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

uXs posted:

What kind of IAP does it have?

None. The Play Store listing says the game has them so I can only assume its an error or its in place for something in the future.

If anyone's checking it out the best tip I can give you when starting out is that your fuel (hydrogen and helium) is by far your most important resource. It's used for every action from making space jumps to drilling for ore. In contrast Oxygen is abundant because you'll frequently come across planets with breathable atmospheres so you don't need to worry about that. You will most likely find yourself stranded because you ran out of fuel more than anything else.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 27, 2014

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Oh man Out There is great but it needs immersive mode.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Really digging Out There. The exploration feels like what I imagined Star Command should have been based on their early boasting- minus the combat, of course. That said, I wouldn't mind some kind of turn/decision based conflict every now and again, but it is fun to just play peaceful "Lost In Space" explorer too.

Quick "Out There" question- If I probe a gas giant for resources and it comes up with things I can stick in my fuel tank, but I don't have room in my cargo, is there any way to go to the ship screen to rearrange without losing the probe? Or is that asking too much?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 27, 2014

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

Only the spergiest will do.
Thanks for mentioning Out There, it's a pretty good phone game if especially brutal. I had a really good thing going and plans for everything but couldn't find a thorium planet before I ran out of planets I could actually jump to - don't go through warp gates without extended space folding or you'll get stranded like I did.

Also if you are lucky enough to find a fuel space station mine everything in the system!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

The hype almost made me go buy Out There, but then I discovered that apparently Google play doesn't understand how to use a partial credit. So the $3.75 I have from their surveys is worthless for purchasing a $3.99 game. Way to go, Google! Guess I'll wait around for another random survey to show up, because that's just asinine.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

BobTheJanitor posted:

The hype almost made me go buy Out There, but then I discovered that apparently Google play doesn't understand how to use a partial credit. So the $3.75 I have from their surveys is worthless for purchasing a $3.99 game. Way to go, Google! Guess I'll wait around for another random survey to show up, because that's just asinine.
Will adding 24 cents to your Wallet balance work?

Kumquat
Oct 8, 2010
Speak of the devil, I just got $0.25 for lying about being a stay at home mom.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Will adding 24 cents to your Wallet balance work?

Tried that just now, apparently not. Now it just tells me the $3.75 in play credit is insufficient, and the $0.24 in wallet credit is insufficient. Good idea, though. Google just can't math.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
what are these surveys for google money?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Trastion posted:

what are these surveys for google money?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.paidtasks&hl=en

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

You probably shouldn't lie on those things by the way. It's unethical and could creative an incentive for those that offer them to stop offering them in the long term. Realistically, they probably won't ever know, so I guess you have to weigh it against your value system.

For the $5 I've gotten out of it, I guess it's not a huge deal either way.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Dude, I got $20 from the Nielsen guys for claiming I didn't watch TV at all.

(Nowadays, that's actually true, though.)

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

the littlest prince posted:

You probably shouldn't lie on those things by the way. It's unethical and could creative an incentive for those that offer them to stop offering them in the long term. Realistically, they probably won't ever know, so I guess you have to weigh it against your value system.

For the $5 I've gotten out of it, I guess it's not a huge deal either way.

Maybe my reading comprehension is off of the rails, but who is suggesting being dishonest in these surveys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Maybe my reading comprehension is off of the rails, but who is suggesting being dishonest in these surveys?

Kumquat posted:

Speak of the devil, I just got $0.25 for lying about being a stay at home mom.

Up the page a bit.

• Locked thread