Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm getting an idea...

Time for the goon mock draft thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I could do something with you like once a week or so. Post describing this idea?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Didn't we have a TFF Podcast at some point?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Volkerball posted:

Time for the goon mock draft thread?

Better start now if we want to finish by May

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Doltos posted:

Well that website darkforce made for the draft podcasts I want to do (seriously, they blow with just one person, I need someone to talk football with on one of em) could also be used as a click-baiting draft site. I can throw any mock up there and make it dumb enough that a million draft fans will click on it to share with their friends about how dumb it is.

After joining TFF I've realized that I don't know enough about football to hold a conversation with at least half of the goons here.

I just don't have the time to read all of the articles and statistics you guys sift through.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

John Brown posted:

After joining TFF I've realized that I don't know enough about football to hold a conversation with at least half of the goons here.

I just don't have the time to read all of the articles and statistics you guys sift through.

Worry not, most of us just talk confidently about poo poo while knowing fuckall about it

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think most people maybe know a lot about the particular team they follow and not that much about anything else. So don't worry about it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
If you want to look smart just say that Johnny Manziel is the best QB in the draft

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Groucho Marxist posted:

If you want to look smart just say that Johnny Manziel is the best QB in the draft

the anti-jaworski

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Just constantly refer back to "watching the game tape" whenever making an assertion, even if it's really "I once saw a youtube highlight video"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I talk with confidence and conviction to hide the fact that I know dick-all about the real draft process.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wish I could be like Berman, he seems to know what player each team is going to pick before Goodell quite reaches the podium

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

If I had time or comedic ability, I'd make an "aesthetics and name strength" draft where numbers are thrown out and players are ranked on looks, bubble butts, and cool names.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I want a mock draft breakdown of TFF posters including 40 yard dash and bench press

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I want a mock draft breakdown of TFF posters including 40 yard dash and bench press

Don't forget the vertical. I wonder how many goons could break into the double digits?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Then I want doltos just brutally attacking us sitting a Mel Kuper like desk. I'd watch that.

Hard flip and Declan are the writers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I keep an open mind when I evaluate prospects unless your name is Tahj Boyd.

My vertical would be unmeasurable by the naked eye.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

No Butt Stuff posted:

the anti-jaworski

This works for looking smart in any other circumstance too.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I've gained 20 pound for the goon draft.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/blake-bortles-girlfriend-questions-combine/

Apparently the NFL GMs were a touch creepy about Blake Bortles' girlfriend at the combine interviews.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Former Bears GM Jerry Angelo suggests the Eagles trade Foles ("and Barkley if they want him") for a top 4 pick + a 2nd in 2015 so the Eagles can get Manziel. :psyduck:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

oldskool posted:

Former Bears GM Jerry Angelo suggests the Eagles trade Foles ("and Barkley if they want him") for a top 4 pick + a 2nd in 2015 so the Eagles can get Manziel. :psyduck:

someone bust out the value chart because we need to do some checking

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

oldskool posted:

I wonder why you got fired, Jerry

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Holy poo poo, even if you got a top 4 pick + a 2015 1st I think it's a moronic trade.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

oldskool posted:

I went from "why the hell does anyone listen to the personnel opinions of lovely failed GMs like Jerry Angelo" to "what the gently caress is sulia.com"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't.

Nick Foles had a crazy high and unsustainable TD:INT ratio.

If I could get a top 4 pick, and a 2015 first I would seriously consider it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dexo posted:

I don't.

Nick Foles had a crazy high and unsustainable TD:INT ratio.

If I could get a top 4 pick, and a 2015 first I would seriously consider it.

That ratio is a fluke, sure. But do you really think Foles can't develop into a consistent starter? Do you think it is more that Manziel will than Foles?

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
That's essentially trading a high level starting QB for two mystery boxes. And you're banking on one of those mystery boxes to be a high level starting QB.

Foles is in a great situation this year and even if he regresses to the mean, he'll still get back Maclin and have McCoy and Jackson to carry the load.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

God I hate Nick Foles

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

He doesn't hate the Raiders secondary though!

People wanting the Eagles to get Manziel are the same people who think Chip Kelly is lying about any quarterback fitting his system and that he secretly wants a mobile QB and that he should show us his birth certificate if he has nothing to hide

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Chichevache posted:

That ratio is a fluke, sure. But do you really think Foles can't develop into a consistent starter? Do you think it is more that Manziel will than Foles?

Oh I'm not saying pick up Manziel.

Two First Round picks are just real loving powerful things in the NFL.

Then again, so is having a quality starting QB on a rookie deal.

I'm not saying I would pull the trigger instantly. I'm saying I would seriously consider it based on what I grade out the other QB's either in free agency(Hahahahaha, then again Josh McCown own zone) or in those first few picks.

Then again gently caress Jerry Angelo...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

I've gained 20 pound for the goon draft.

You're supposed to say 20 pounds of muscle

Also read this poo poo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329616/article/simms-geno-smith-better-than-any-qb-in-the-2014-draft-class

Phil Simms posted:

Phil Simms never is shy about offering an opinion, and the CBS NFL analyst expressed a few Wednesday on this year's class of quarterback prospects to NFL.com columnist Adam Schein on SirusXM's Mad Dog Sports Radio.

The most interesting opinion: "I think if Geno Smith was in this draft class he would be the number one guy, without question."

Yes, Simms is saying that he thinks a quarterback who went in the second round in the 2013 draft is better than any quarterback in this draft. And remember that three quarterbacks -- Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, UCF's Blake Bortles and Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel -- potentially could go in the top four in the '14 draft.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
So based on last season's Jets you'd draft Geno Smith possibly first overall. I hope the Giants put him in the front office after the current regime dies eventually.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

shiksa posted:

So based on last season's Jets you'd draft Geno Smith possibly first overall. I hope the Giants put him in the front office after the current regime dies eventually.

It's still a lovely opinion to have, but I think he's basing it off Geno's draft prospect resume, not his first year at the Jets.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In the worst QB draft in years Geno still didn't get taken in the first round, and here we have a possibility of three QBs being taken in the first five picks this year

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
To be fair, at this point in the process last year everyone assumed Geno was a first round pick, possibly the only QB going in the top 10.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Zypher posted:

To be fair, at this point in the process last year everyone assumed Geno was a first round pick, possibly the only QB going in the top 10.

March last year everyone had pretty much conceded the point that Smith wasn't some super stud that college announcers had anointed him

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Is Bridgewater not? I don't understand why he dropped from a Unanimous first pick

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Blitz7x posted:

Is Bridgewater not? I don't understand why he dropped from a Unanimous first pick

It does seem like Bridgewater is being taken for granted. He's the most NFL ready QB in the draft, has excellent command of the field, and seems to be a high character guy, but somehow he becomes the boring pick compared to Bortle's girlfriend and JFF. I'd love for Bridgewater to fall to the Vikings at 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

He's boring to talk about and is still probably number one with Clowney in serious discussion.

• Locked thread