Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Veev posted:

It's the same as Zanuka, just help Corpus in invasions and Vay Hek will send you a message saying you've made a mistake. They'll come after you later, I got them the brakk bros sent after me like 3 invasion missions after I got the warning and it only took like 5 invasion missions to get that warning.

Lotus freaks out and tells you to not even fight and just get to extraction, it's a lot more elaborate than just Alad making some threats before the harvester gets to you.

She even scolds you when you win. "Next time, listen to your mother Tenno."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

QQmore posted:

Usual issue with those rescue alerts is people forgetting to bring the hostage with them on the elevators.

Actually getting really far ahead of him makes the game stop calculating anything regarding him so just coptering your way to extraction can be the best tactic I have found.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Grustrag don't have dispell :getin:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Do the Grustrag seem to spawn more reliably/often than Harvester?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
20 Oxium for an individual lock is absurd. It's annoying to acquire and only encourages killing more corpus, which I don't think was the intended point of these guys.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I had no interest in the lever-action pistol until I saw that animation. Now it's all I want.

Godammit, this game is making a liar out of me again.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
They just deployed a hotfix that fixes people getting the BP and all the parts for the Brakk from a single Three Stooges encounter :(

Also apparently there was a loot pinata bug involving meeting them in survivals where rewards would just keep popping up.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
PS4 patch delayed til next week according to Warframe Twitter. Bastards.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

AegisP posted:

They just deployed a hotfix that fixes people getting the BP and all the parts for the Brakk from a single Three Stooges encounter :(

GOD. DAMMIT.

I know this game is going to pay me back for getting all Detron parts before the Salad Five emails and never even bothering to build it because it's, you know, not the loving Brakk.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

GOD. DAMMIT.

I know this game is going to pay me back for getting all Detron parts before the Salad Five emails and never even bothering to build it because it's, you know, not the loving Brakk.

You deserve it

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Doji Sekushi posted:

PS4 patch delayed til next week according to Warframe Twitter. Bastards.
I TOLD you that poo poo wasn't happening and not to hold your breath.

*Edit Speaking of Told You So's:

quote:

- What about Legendary Cores?
The PS4 build includes the fix so that we do not release the Steel Charge in its unbalanced state. Legendary Cores were (controversial) compensation for this, but this is not the last we will see of these cores. They were not exclusive to the compensation situation.
$$$

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 27, 2014

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Ajax posted:

You deserve it

Oh, man, are you STILL waiting for a part to drop? You've been waiting literally months.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

motoh posted:

20 Oxium for an individual lock is absurd. It's annoying to acquire and only encourages killing more corpus, which I don't think was the intended point of these guys.

Considering you need 600 to build a Zephyr, and you get about 40 to 50 per Kappa run anyway - which also happens to be a prime xp-farming spot where it's never hard to find a team - 20 is actually pretty light. A month or two from now, everybody is going to have 1000 spare oxium lying around anyway.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Yeah, I'd be a little more annoyed by the other materials it costs if I got one on me.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Coldbird posted:

you get about 40 to 50 per Kappa Cyath run

Fixed :pcgaming::dance::pcgaming:

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 27, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Cyath is loving horrible for oxium. Even blowing up the world constantly with M Prime I only got ~30 oxi there.

Kappa is better, but they reduced the oxi drone spawn rates across the board so you'll get fewer per run now than you did last week.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

AegisP posted:

Also apparently there was a loot pinata bug involving meeting them in survivals where rewards would just keep popping up.

I'm pretty bummed out about this, my luck has been terrible with the Stalker and Harvester so far. From the hotfix notes it looks like the G3 each can drop either a mod, a brakk part or a resource, right? I'm looking forward to a lot of '2 neurodes and a Natural Talent' type rewards.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Just installed and tried the game out yesterday. It's pretty fun so far. Getting into GOON was quick and easy, (My rank is JFG! Whee!) and the folks in the Goon chat channel were friendly and helpful. I didn't understand 3/4 of what they were talking about, but they were still pretty chill.

One thing though - how does the game handle player level disparity? If some level 500 friend of mine wants to party with a level 30 Goon and my level 7 rear end, what happens? Is this even possible? I remember playing Borderlands with my friend, and even being two levels apart made the bad guys way to tough for the lower leveled dude. It was enough to completely sour me on multiplayer Borderlands. Does something like that happen in Warframe?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It doesn't scale much (or at all for most stuff) so playing with higher level players is fine.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Lonjon posted:

Just installed and tried the game out yesterday. It's pretty fun so far. Getting into GOON was quick and easy, (My rank is JFG! Whee!) and the folks in the Goon chat channel were friendly and helpful. I didn't understand 3/4 of what they were talking about, but they were still pretty chill.

One thing though - how does the game handle player level disparity? If some level 500 friend of mine wants to party with a level 30 Goon and my level 7 rear end, what happens? Is this even possible? I remember playing Borderlands with my friend, and even being two levels apart made the bad guys way to tough for the lower leveled dude. It was enough to completely sour me on multiplayer Borderlands. Does something like that happen in Warframe?

Bosses scale to aggregate player level. Everything else is set level. If you get dragged into things far above your level, hide behind the bigger players and soak up the XP. You'll catch up in time.

Also, hit up goons once you're rank 2 for sweet mods that make life much easier.

Not a Charity
Dec 25, 2012
I just joined Corpus invasion and my screen was messed up and it was very laggy. But when the mission ended there was no reward or xp window, there was an area on the screen where it said something like reputation and three types of rep I could give my squad mates. There was something like "Teamwork", "Skilled", and "Honor" with a different icon for each. I couldn't click on anything though. Has anyone seen this before?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Not a Charity posted:

I just joined Corpus invasion and my screen was messed up and it was very laggy. But when the mission ended there was no reward or xp window, there was an area on the screen where it said something like reputation and three types of rep I could give my squad mates. There was something like "Teamwork", "Skilled", and "Honor" with a different icon for each. I couldn't click on anything though. Has anyone seen this before?
That's a bugged end-of-mission screen.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Trying to get my hands on a Tactical Pump mod for my Tigris. Is Jackal still bugged like the wiki is saying? Whats the best way to farm it?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I think the fixed the Jackal not dropping mods like a week or two ago? I think it was in the update that added the Grinlok.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Anyone know if there's a way to turn off the auto join? I consecutively get stuck in incredibly lagy games and I just wanna make my own without resorting to private.

Also, did a bunch of invasions, got three or so warnings that the Scolary brothers are gonna come and teach me a lesson but no luck yet. They seem to be incredibly lazy hunters.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I really enjoy missions where I'm forced to carry a data mass and not get to use my primary

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
So I took a hiatus shortly before whatever update added Nova so I've got a bit of catching up to do.

I'm seeing a lot of specific builds showing up for frames now and I've got a question to those who are deep into Warframe; I tend to just play with whatever weapon/frame I think is fun and looks cool and don't really have any desire to do much min/maxing. Am I going to end up getting my rear end handed to me if I don't change my playstyle?
I've got a decent amount of level 30 potatoed Frames and Gear, and most of my mods are around the 6-8 rank (except for my rares, gotta start building those up). What should I be focusing on to keep pace without over complicating things?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Zebrasectomy posted:

So I took a hiatus shortly before whatever update added Nova so I've got a bit of catching up to do.

I'm seeing a lot of specific builds showing up for frames now and I've got a question to those who are deep into Warframe; I tend to just play with whatever weapon/frame I think is fun and looks cool and don't really have any desire to do much min/maxing. Am I going to end up getting my rear end handed to me if I don't change my playstyle?
I've got a decent amount of level 30 potatoed Frames and Gear, and most of my mods are around the 6-8 rank (except for my rares, gotta start building those up). What should I be focusing on to keep pace without over complicating things?

More or less any gun and frame is decent if you potato it and get it to 30. Nova is currently the most capable of killing entire rooms with one ability cast and all but seriously any frame is good.

There's a lot of new stuff so just focus on dicking around with the new weapons and frames. If damage 2.0 wasn't around when you played last be sure to read up on that, I don't know if it was added before or after Nova.

Also build a Carrier and become the laziest Tenno.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Is it worth being the True Laziest Teno and dropping some of my founder's plat on a carrier? I'm pretty much just saving what I have for potatoes and cosmetics now.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Zebrasectomy posted:

Is it worth being the True Laziest Teno and dropping some of my founder's plat on a carrier? I'm pretty much just saving what I have for potatoes and cosmetics now.

It's worth buying a sentinel since you get a ton of slots and with the carrier you get one of the best sentinel weapon.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Zebrasectomy posted:

Well, it comes with two potatoes (one on the Carrier, one on the Sweeper) and two Sentinel Slots (which you'll probably never use, but if you end up buying every sentinel for mastery and can't bear to sell any of them I guess...), so it's not that bad a deal...

Passburger
May 4, 2013
Ever wondered where a certain part of a certain prime (be it frame of weapon) is? Here's a :frogsiren:LIST:frogsiren: posted by the DE themselves on the Warframe forums with all the locations.
Plus it gets updated regularly, more often than the wiki.
I suggest someone sticks it to the OP.

Passburger fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 28, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Jesus loving christ the siren emoticons are really over-used in this thread.

No one reads the OP anyway. Anyone who needs to should have bigger concerns than :siren: Breaking Update - Survival is actually at 20 minutes. Not 15.:siren:

^^ change your sirens to frog sirens. Smooth move, it must not be you I was talking about. Still feel that it warrants bold and underline, or do you maybe want to edit that out too.

Ajax fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 28, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, these Gustav guys are real shitkickers. Beat my rear end real good first time against them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Passburger posted:

Ever wondered where a certain part of a certain prime (be it frame of weapon) is? Here's a :frogsiren:LIST:frogsiren: posted by the DE themselves on the Warframe forums with all the locations.
Plus it gets updated regularly, more often than the wiki.
I suggest someone sticks it to the OP.

Ajax posted:

Jesus loving christ the siren emoticons are really over-used in this thread.

No one reads the OP anyway. Anyone who needs to should have bigger concerns than :siren: Breaking Update - Survival is actually at 20 minutes. Not 15.:siren:

I put these in the OP because I can do that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Whoops, double post.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'll add the prime drop locations because that's actually useful and something I've been meaning to do for a bit but kept forgetting.

Edit: Dropped it into the FAQ.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 28, 2014

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Just picked this game up for a bit out of bordom and because I saw that a rocket hammer had been added. The new auto install button for mods is a bit off. Why sure, let's slap every power duration mod I own onto my Mag Prime. That'll be so useful for her one ability that has a duration. :psyboom:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Helter Skelter posted:

Almost all of them do, at least among their non-robotic units (most Corpus enemy types are drones or MOAs).

Grineer: Lancers (as well as Commanders and Hellions) use the Grakata, Elite Lancers use the Hind, Eviscerators use the Miter, Troopers use the Sobek, Scorches use the Ignis, Heavy Gunners use the Gorgon, Seekers use the Kraken, Shield Lancers use the Viper, Scorpions use the Machete, Powerfists use the Furax, Ballista use the Vulkar, Butchers use Cleavers, and Bombards use an Ogris (albeit a homing variant).

Corpus: Crewmen use the Dera or Detron, Elite Crewmen use the Flux Rifle, Snipers use the Lanka, Prod Crewmen use the Prova, and Techs use the Supra.

It'd be nice to see more enemy types, though.
I just noticed today that Elite Frontier Lancers use Karaks as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
We need to figure out a way to record our conversations on the PS4 as the aftermath of the "#DontYouKnowWhoIAm" incident that nearly killed 2 of us IRL has taught us.