Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Psion posted:

haha this owns. I actually used another mod to grind out my caravan wins but I'm installing this anyway. I'll let you know how it works.

Please do, i basically only stopped it from starting caravan normally and handing you a bit of gold and a win. No actual testing done on my part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So one thing I've been wanting from New Vegas, I realize, is more stuff like the Raider camp in Vault 3. Places where I can storm a complex and shoot everything to death with my platoon of super soldiers without having to feel bad about killing people or cutting off content (like I did when I visited the Fort with Boone in my first playthrough). I've already got the Increased Wasteland Spawns mod, and that's giving me lots of bugs and mutants to shoot, but not as many bandits or raiders as I'd like, and they're all out in the open. Is there a mod that adds something analogous to the various bandit controlled forts in Skyrim so I can assault entrenched and hardened positions and storm tunnels with a flamethrower or something?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Lotish posted:

So one thing I've been wanting from New Vegas, I realize, is more stuff like the Raider camp in Vault 3. Places where I can storm a complex and shoot everything to death with my platoon of super soldiers without having to feel bad about killing people or cutting off content (like I did when I visited the Fort with Boone in my first playthrough). I've already got the Increased Wasteland Spawns mod, and that's giving me lots of bugs and mutants to shoot, but not as many bandits or raiders as I'd like, and they're all out in the open. Is there a mod that adds something analogous to the various bandit controlled forts in Skyrim so I can assault entrenched and hardened positions and storm tunnels with a flamethrower or something?

You want A World of Pain. Adds bunkers full of baddies all over the place with no connection to the main plot with side stories told in notes and computers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cool. I will look that up.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Nobody wants that bloated piece of poo poo mod, ugh. Use IWS with DFB Random Encounters IMO.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you're doing to use AWOP, you need to get this aswell:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53616/

Fixes most of the broken stuff with it.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.
I've only just begun to tear out and redo the kitchen / 'living room' area, but this looked cool enough as soon as I redid it, that I felt the need to share.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
New Vegas Bounties (both I and II, mostly II) have some bounties which involve stuff like "fight through a bunker full of bad dudes." They're also not AWOP, another point in their favor. And you should have them already.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there a mod that allows you to repair vanilla weapons with their GRA counterparts? Or should that already happen and I just have too many mods to notice?

Basically looking for something compatible with WMX that removes the (GRA) tags from weapons and allows mods to work between vanilla and GRA variants.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

New Vegas Bounties (both I and II, mostly II) have some bounties which involve stuff like "fight through a bunker full of bad dudes." They're also not AWOP, another point in their favor. And you should have them already.

Speaking of Bounties, the dude killing bums isn't spawning for me. I think it might be because I've got Freeside Open, but I've got the patch files for both it and the bounty mods, so what the gently caress :(

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of Bounties, the dude killing bums isn't spawning for me. I think it might be because I've got Freeside Open, but I've got the patch files for both it and the bounty mods, so what the gently caress :(

Use the console command to go to active quest target, you'll end up in a mostly empty cell with your target.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Reinstalled New Vegas and started a new game because uninstalling MMUE turned out to be a bad idea.

Female characters still have bright pink faces. I think it's connected to Spice of Life (which I don't want to remove :shrug:). Exactly what Type 3 body mod should you be using with Spice of Life?

Also is there anything slightly better than rePopulated Wasteland? I want more people doin' stuff but at the moment I have a bunch of NPCs which, if I talk to them, I get locked into the generic "What do you need?" dialogue and that's not great. Ideally the additional NPCs would have the same AI as their area counterparts right?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
had to start a new game when I reached the Strip because I hosed up and deactivated the new vegas uncut version of freeside open. God drat it.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Oh hey let's have pictures of ol' Pinkface.

Ain't she pretty?

And she has a great personality.

I feel like I've entered an Amazonian paradise.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 26, 2014

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
One is archive invalidation on, two is the setting bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles in the general section set to one in your ini.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

delta534 posted:

One is archive invalidation on, two is the setting bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles in the general section set to one in your ini.

Both are done. However I've done archive invalidation with the Archive Invalidation Generator thing rather than the mod. Also Nexus's invalidation option didn't seem to do anything. I'm launching from NMM most of the time anyway and there's no change.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Pink faces usually means that the textures for their faces are missing. Are you using mods that alter the characters' appearances/add new races?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

None that add new races, but I am using New Vegas Character Expansions.

Tried disabling it and faces are still pink.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Nobody Interesting posted:

Oh hey let's have pictures of ol' Pinkface.

Ain't she pretty?

And she has a great personality.

I feel like I've entered an Amazonian paradise.

That is not what i thought you meant when I read pink face.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 26, 2014

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

None that add new races, but I am using New Vegas Character Expansions.

Tried disabling it and faces are still pink.
If it overwrote the files, I'm not sure that disabling it helps.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

If it overwrote the files, I'm not sure that disabling it helps.

I don't think it has any files outside of its own esps, though.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Have you tried verifying your cache? If you have the time, you can just move your Fallout New Vegas directory (or just rename you Data folder to data.backup), and then verify the cahce. Steam will redownload the data folder, you can reinstall/redo your mods, and see what mods cause pinkface.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I've done that twice today. I do keep a backup of Vegas just in case.

Slightly apprehensive about verifying though. There might be a loose file somewhere that Steam wants to replace...

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Female characters still have bright pink faces. I think it's connected to Spice of Life (which I don't want to remove :shrug:). Exactly what Type 3 body mod should you be using with Spice of Life?

It won't be from spice of life, so you won't need to remove that. The type 3 body mod you use shouldn't matter as the body itself is a 3d mesh, not a texture. If the mesh was missing, you would be getting the red exclamation point... if archive invalidation didn't work, then it appears the game is looking for a texture that doesn't exist in your data folder.

Try this: go to the nexus and find a type 3 texture replacer that includes face textures... install it and fire up your game. It shouldn't have any .esp or .nif files, just the .dds images.

If that doesn't work, one of your mods could be altering a race and doesn't have the textures it needs (again, looking for files that aren't installed) so you'll need to figure out which mod is doing it. Maybe it requires some assets that you didn't download/install, maybe it just didn't install correctly. Either way, its a texture issue that shouldn't gently caress up your game progress... texture mods without .esm/esp files are purely cosmetic and won't break anything if you add/remove/replace them, aside from what you are already seeing.

Or maybe your computer just doesn't like you.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Paracelsus posted:

Use the console command to go to active quest target, you'll end up in a mostly empty cell with your target.

movetoqt? I do that and it just beams me where the script ought to fire.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Capn Beeb posted:

movetoqt? I do that and it just beams me where the script ought to fire.
Hmm. I was having the same problem and that was what fixed it.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Hobo on Fire posted:

Try this: go to the nexus and find a type 3 texture replacer that includes face textures... install it and fire up your game. It shouldn't have any .esp or .nif files, just the .dds images.

So every such mod I found is a nude one. I've never seen a higher res vagina than some of these.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

So every such mod I found is a nude one. I've never seen a higher res vagina than some of these.

Nude texture does not equal nude bodies. As long as the body mesh has underwear, the player/NPCs will have skivvies on when stripped of clothing.

If you were to go through the texture files for the type 3 replacer you already have, I guarantee there are nipples and buttholes included. I doubt there is a single type 3 texture anywhere online that doesn't... it's the nature of the beast. If you can't pick the least horrible one and just go with it, your options will dwindle from limited to non-existent. Removing your existing body textures would cause exposed skin on female arms/legs/bodies to turn the same shade of pink their faces are now.

You could try to just install the face textures from such a mod, since your body textures are already working, but that will require a manual install of just the texture files that contain the word "head." You'd have to open up the mod with winrar or a similar program, and match the file structure in the archive with the one in your data directory.

\/\/\/Cool. I was trying to convey (poorly) that meshes and textures are two separate things that can be mixed and matched to create the desired effects. Glad you got it all working in an acceptable manner.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 27, 2014

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Well alright I tried Beware of Girl which looks like the most honest attempt to make a good body. It's just that there's tits attached. The pink faces are gone now at the cost of a nude mode.

The annoying thing is the installer does have an option for clothed bodies, but it fails when you try to install it ("Nothing selected"). I looked in the mod's archive and there are no corresponding clothed textures.

I wonder if I could actually use it in tandem with the files from the other Type 3 mod to un-nudify it...

Edit: Well hey that actually worked. There's a bit of neck seam but who cares. Install BOG first THEN the Type 3 recommended by Spice of Life has worked, even if it's a weird and redundant solution. But I guess it's BOG's tits and Type 3's underwear mesh.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 27, 2014

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I gotta tell you, Swag. Not to rush you or anything, but I'm waiting until you're done with your LS revamp before I start my new game. I can't wait to check it out.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

The pink faces returned after installing a few new mods, but disabling and re-enabling archive invalidation in NMM fixed that. Good trick to know.

What seems to be one final issue is present now, though. Nevada Skies's skybox seems a bit off. There's some very obvious seamage going on there...

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Yeah, that's just a "quirk" of Nevada Skies, and one of the many reasons I don't like it that much. Supposedly, the guy who made it says he fixed it in the latest version, is that the one you're trying?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Assuming the NMM link on the Nexus Page IS the latest version, yeah.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I gotta tell you, Swag. Not to rush you or anything, but I'm waiting until you're done with your LS revamp before I start my new game. I can't wait to check it out.

No worries; just be aware that it'll probably be at minimum another few days before it's done, and probably even a few more than that. I don't have any other work to do right now*, so I've been spending 10 hours a day working on it (I find it enjoyable); it's just that it takes a lot of time. Especially designing the visuals--I have a newfound respect for how much work goes into designing a game area. Having gone from someone that only made minor bug-fixes and changes to mods I liked, to doing this, I've learned a ton and I feel like I should do a postmortem write-up after I'm done. But in short, I've found that getting the lighting just right and filling in all the small details, takes the vast majority of the time. I spent ~3 days working on the scripting for the sorting system; I've already spent more than that just redesigning half of the station. Although I feel like the other half will go a lot faster, since a lot of the time spent was trying to get a feel for the lighting and layouts to convey a mood to the station, rather than just throwing in a bunch of fill lights that evenly light the place and calling it a day.

Enough talk, more pictures:

As for how everything stands right now: the sorting system is done as I mentioned before. The bathroom and bedroom are done entirely, and the living area is done as far as designing it goes. I just need to put together and hook-up the kitchen/medical displays, as well as the decor; that should all go quickly. In the armory, the overall layout is 75% done, the lighting ~30% (although I now know what I want to do with it, so it'll be pretty fast to finish). The displays are at 0% and all need to be rebuilt, but as I mentioned in my last post, I have proof of concepts working for all of them, so the scripting side of the displays is actually relatively minimal. I just need to design them so they look good.

* Right now I'm doing contractual geology work, and it's been too long since the last decent work. I keep trying out for various gov jobs with BLM or Bureau of Reclamation, but I haven't had any luck so far (plus the government must be the slowest thing to have ever existed).

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

The thing is, when I installed Roberts body patch for Spice of Life, I didn't pick nude bodies...

At least he's giving us a thumbs up tho

Caesar does not approve of toilet paper

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 28, 2014

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Spice of Life works pretty well with dong free underwear for me. I use Breezes body replacement for it. Not Roberts. I think you need to get a seperate version that makes it work with Roberts.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

gently caress yes! Actual sinks. No more sucking out of that sewer main! The living area looks really great, man. I can't wait.

Edit: also, I see you put a coffee maker in the kitchen. Is it going to be able to brew different drinks like some of the other ones around the wasteland? I think the coffee brewing thing is part of Project Nevada.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 28, 2014

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011

The pink faces returned after installing a few new mods, but disabling and re-enabling archive invalidation in NMM fixed that. Good trick to know.

What seems to be one final issue is present now, though. Nevada Skies's skybox seems a bit off. There's some very obvious seamage going on there...

I think that's just a Nevada Skies thing. I've had that issue regardless of any update they've made.

willjbish fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 28, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The thing is, when I installed Roberts body patch for Spice of Life, I didn't pick nude bodies...

At least he's giving us a thumbs up tho

Caesar does not approve of toilet paper

Yeah I actually came back to warn you: if you use a body replacer, you have a nonzero chance for VATS dicks, especially in OWB and HH. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

Yeah I actually came back to warn you: if you use a body replacer, you have a nonzero chance for VATS dicks, especially in OWB and HH. :(

The phrase "VATS dicks" without being related to groin shots is truly sorely disappointing.