Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think it was DP who was going to make a thread but decided against it to keep the chat in here, happy to respect that.

And combining multiple shows into a thread works pretty good for small shows that don't get huge amount of hits because it brings people into shows they might not see otherwise, and most of the time there's a good reason to link them.

This is kind of my reasoning for wanting to put Legit chat in here: because a lot of people who would probably like the show could hear about it in here, whereas if we shuffle it off to its own thread, it could probably be ignored.

But the drawback is that if we (well, I) talk about it too much or slobber all over it, then there's a chance that the overhype will turn people off. So if enough people would rather that Legit gets a thread of its own, I'm happy to respect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I watched the pilot of Mixology today because there has been a Vanessa Lengies-shaped hole in my heart since Sugar stopped showing up on Glee. It really felt a lot like watching HIMYM (especially with the wedding structure this season) except with worse jokes and a weaker cast. Apart from Vanessa Lengies the only character that looked like he had potential was the drunk British guy. There was also a kind of unsettling undertone about gender roles and the ginger guy is a turd.

Bown posted:

It's probably not good that two of the most prolific posters on this forum have the acronym "DP".

Who is the not-Division Post one?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool I think?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Deadpool I think?

Duh :doh:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I've just finished the pilot of Star-Crossed, and awful name aside I thought it was pretty good for a pilot episode. Certainly much much better than The Tomorrow People.

It feels a bit like a cross between Alien Nation and Roswell. Which is very cool.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Really? I thought it was gonna be some lame rear end Romeo and Juliet shitshow. The 100 sounded better.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Well yeah, it could turn out to be that (it's on CW so who knows), but it was a lot better than I expected. And as I indicated, I thought it better than other recent sci-fi pilots.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Right on. I'll keep an eye on it and see what people say after the season is over.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Austrian mook posted:

Just started on Parks and Rec, what a great show. It's nice to have a woman as the main character, and Aziz is fabulous.

It just gets better and better. I think it's a good antidote for all the narcissistic comedies out there. It's just so full :glomp: and :3:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So, Adam McKay and Will Ferrell's new sitcom Mission Control (which uses NASA in the '60s as its setting) will star Krysten Ritter and Michael Rosenbaum. Instantly sold for the 13 episodes it will get.

Oh, and also starring Malcolm Barrett and Jonathan Slavin. Better Off Ted lives again!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

soapgish posted:

Given the premiere ratings, it's already over.

If that's true then it's really unfortunate. I watched the second episode after posting earlier and it pisses all over The Tomorrow People. There's actual plot progression going on, and relatively little teen romance bullshit. And so far no gaping plot holes either.

The hero's hair is an atrocity though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

If that's true then it's really unfortunate. I watched the second episode after posting earlier and it pisses all over The Tomorrow People. There's actual plot progression going on, and relatively little teen romance bullshit. And so far no gaping plot holes either.

The hero's hair is an atrocity though.

Neither show will make it. Tomorrow People has a chance, albeit a small one. But there's no chance for Star Crossed unless it's one of those weird CW moves where they like it and decided to ignore the lovely ratings. Because it's way low even for them.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I just couldn't even get myself to try Star Crossed because every promo made it look like Twilight with aliens.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Deadpool posted:

So, Adam McKay and Will Ferrell's new sitcom Mission Control (which uses NASA in the '60s as its setting) will star Krysten Ritter and Michael Rosenbaum. Instantly sold for the 13 episodes it will get.

I do like Krysten Ritter and space, so I'll have to give this a shot. Of course I probably know the real life space program far too well to not sperg out and be unable to enjoy it.

Also it's a comedy on NBC, so it'll probably experience some high velocity lithobraking well before the first season is out.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Deadpool posted:

Neither show will make it. Tomorrow People has a chance, albeit a small one. But there's no chance for Star Crossed unless it's one of those weird CW moves where they like it and decided to ignore the lovely ratings. Because it's way low even for them.

I hope The 100 will fare better, that's the only new CW show this season I'm interested in.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joramun posted:

I hope The 100 will fare better, that's the only new CW show this season I'm interested in.

Well it premieres late, so the first few episodes will get a boot from Arrow's last few episodes. But after that it'll be running alone with repeats. So that future isn't bright either.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So Netflix put up the rest of Breaking Bad, I missed that. Just finished Ozymandias.

HOLY loving CHRIST ALMIGHTY IN HEAVEN

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Austrian mook posted:

So Netflix put up the rest of Breaking Bad, I missed that. Just finished Ozymandias.

Congratulations! For finishing this episode, you get a fun BONUS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

bull3964 posted:

I just couldn't even get myself to try Star Crossed because every promo made it look like Twilight with aliens.

Yeah I can see how that will have hosed it, I only tried it out of desperation for new scifi to watch after the disappointment of Defiance and Tomorrow People. Is it an adaptation stuck with the horrendous name a la The Vampire Diaries, or did they just Terriers it?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Austrian mook posted:

Easily my favorite episode in the show. That was some good television.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah I can see how that will have hosed it, I only tried it out of desperation for new scifi to watch after the disappointment of Defiance and Tomorrow People. Is it an adaptation stuck with the horrendous name a la The Vampire Diaries, or did they just Terriers it?

It's an original series. Its working title was Oxygen.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That is poo poo, but far better than Star-Crossed. Jesus that's a bad "we're being too clever for our own good" title.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Nate RFB posted:

Easily my favorite episode in the show. That was some good television.

Yeah, gently caress I think that might be the best episode of TV ever. I don't know how they manage to have so many loving terrific characters, Walter, Jesse, I've even really warmed up to Skylar and Marie.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I didn't think Defiance was a disappointment at all. I had very low expectations for it, considering that it was a video game tie-in airing on SyFy, but it ended up being a pretty good show.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I went in with expectations commensurate with the knowledge that it was by the guy who created Alien Nation and Farscape, and found it quite bitterly disappointing. I didn't watch beyond the first three or so episodes though, because I thought it was terrible.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I went in thinking it was going to be garbage but I highly enjoyed it. It did definitely get better towards the later half of the first season.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Anyone else ace the sitcom category in Jeopardy tonight? :smug:

Arthur Chu is still champion :munch:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

Hmm, that might get me off my rear end to finish the series. I was really liking it but stopped because I was waiting for the rest of the series to go up (even though I wasn't to that point yet.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CaptainHollywood posted:

I ace every Jeopardy category.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

The Final Jeopardy category is Movies and here's your clue:

"Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz and Lucille LeSueur"

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

Manos del Sino posted:

The Final Jeopardy category is Movies and here's your clue:

"Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz and Lucille LeSueur"

Who are... three people who have never been in my kitchen?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chamberk posted:

Who are... three people who have never been in my kitchen?

Nice try Clavin...

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You're missing the best part; Now post the picture of the three white-rear end college kids who were on the show that day.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

CaptainHollywood posted:

It ain't hard when one of the answers to the category "Sitcoms by Episodes" is "Ted Mosby: Architect"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Season 3 of Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule premiered on Adult Swim last night, and it was glorious. If you're not watching this show, you need to start, ya dingus.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Yoshifan823 posted:

You're missing the best part; Now post the picture of the three white-rear end college kids who were on the show that day.

No, the best part is that someone wrote a bullshit article using that picture to try to make a point.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I've just finished the pilot of Star-Crossed, and awful name aside I thought it was pretty good for a pilot episode. Certainly much much better than The Tomorrow People.

It feels a bit like a cross between Alien Nation and Roswell. Which is very cool.

I didn't care for it, but it felt so hamfisted and without any sort of charm to it to me.

I get that it's a show that's just starting, it's going to have time to tell a story, but for all the emotions that bringing the aliens into the school is doing in-universe, there is a lot more about the girl who just spent 4 years in a hospital than the aliens.

Alien Nation, the aliens felt alien. Not just in their looks. They'd adopted a lot of human culture, but at the same time they still had a very unique newcomer identity that was part of it, too. With Star-Crossed, I'm just not feeling that they're 'different'. A moment where the main alien kids maybe had to stand up in front a class share a bit about themselves on the first day as a way of defusing potential misunderstandings and misconceptions about their culture could have at least given us a glimpse of how they're similar and different to us.

Of course, I dropped out of the pilot with like 10 minutes left. I might give that final 10 another shot and check out the follow up episodes, but nothing really grabbed me and all the characters seemed cartoonish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

DivisionPost posted:

This is kind of my reasoning for wanting to put Legit chat in here: because a lot of people who would probably like the show could hear about it in here, whereas if we shuffle it off to its own thread, it could probably be ignored.

But the drawback is that if we (well, I) talk about it too much or slobber all over it, then there's a chance that the overhype will turn people off. So if enough people would rather that Legit gets a thread of its own, I'm happy to respect that.

Just going to put it out there. I've checked out an episode. Not a fan. Not particularily comedic, and I felt they were trying waaaaay to hard to be edgy. It didn't ring real at all to me.

EDIT: How's the latest season of Parks and Rec? Stopped watching last season.

• Locked thread