Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

majormonotone posted:

Bacon is going to save the day.

Yeah, he's going to save the day, just like Aeris :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-470/

Wait what

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Either NK doesn't like sequence-breakers (which would be kinda hypocritical after what he did earlier) or Cosmo actually did something right.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The unbreakable "stick to the script" technique.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

I'm going to go with the noise-proof barrier blocking out ALL noise, weaponized or no.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Baron O Beefdip posted:

I'm going to go with the noise-proof barrier blocking out ALL noise, weaponized or no.

Interesting idea, but the wall isn't shaped like a bubble around the palace. Not sure it'd explain the "shhhhhhhhhhhh" effect, too.

@vvv That's Noisemaster...

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 24, 2014

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
The figure in the last panel looks kind of like the Dream Oracle, but that would mean she actually DID something. And that just isn't feasible.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

PubicMice posted:

The figure in the last panel looks kind of like the Dream Oracle, but that would mean she actually DID something. And that just isn't feasible.

That's Noisemaster

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Dream Oracle clearly doesn't want her action figures going off script and doing anything permanent like, say, destroying a whole city.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

Baron O Beefdip posted:

But it's got a big hole in it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Purple and stars are KK's M.O.

In other news:

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Gigi just posted these Peridot and Cordelia comics on her Twitter. Not following her is a crime.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
The lads and lasses who did the dubbed versions of the prologue did some of the Q&A's!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu2rOBTLV7U
They're apparently not gonna dub everything, but we'll get select scenes at some point!

ZoninSilver fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 26, 2014

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Magypsy posted:

Gigi just posted these Peridot and Cordelia comics on her Twitter. Not following her is a crime.

:allears:

Peridot continues to be the best character.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
And people say it's not canon. Looks like it's Utena all over again.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

You really should be following her twitter.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Spikey posted:

You really should be following her twitter.

Yes, you should.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Okay, "KYUURI KUESTO" got me laughing real good.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Well that was easy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Just like that.

e:f;b

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 28, 2014

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
You almost feel bad for him. I mean he wanted to genocide a kingdom of bunny people and all but c'mon.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I feel really bad for Noisemaster. All of that work and effort to beat the system he's trapped in, and it straight up doesn't work. How depressing.

Fetucine
Oct 29, 2011
The colors in this comic are so good.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aw man, poor Noisemaster. Mutemaster ain't out yet, though.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Mic drop
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-471/

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A scripted battle! All that grinding was for nothing.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Goddamn, I feel so bad for him. Just his slummped shoulders as he watches his plan unravel around him. And then he just gives up.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

heenato posted:

Goddamn, I feel so bad for him. Just his slummped shoulders as he watches his plan unravel around him. And then he just gives up.
Sometimes, your best just isn't good enough.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
You know he spent like 100 years coming up with that plan. 100 years. Alone. Thinking of the perfect way to end it all.

And it didn't even work.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

All right now that's what I call a victory! Well done everyone give yourself a pat on the back.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Regy Rusty posted:

All right now that's what I call a victory! Well done everyone give yourself a pat on the back.

Now now, they have to wait for Mutemaster to give up, too.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So Gigi is saying that it's really obvious who put up the shield stopping the Noiseblaster, but I haven't the foggiest. Was it the Oracle? Nightmare Knight himself? Mutemaster?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well, it's somebody who does star poo poo, so let's go double-check the cast page and SON OF A gently caress like 3/4ths of the characters have star poo poo plastered all over their picture (not counting the rating being expressed in stars) so uh

:iiam:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

It's probably the Nightmare Knight.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

So Gigi is saying that it's really obvious who put up the shield stopping the Noiseblaster, but I haven't the foggiest. Was it the Oracle? Nightmare Knight himself? Mutemaster?

Looking at the page again, I think it was obviously Nightmare Knight just due to the colors. The shield has the black/purple/stars motif that NK rocks. Noisemaster said he was trying to change the game, but we've seen numerous times that for whatever reason, NK has a certain set of rules, and he's simply not going to let the game change.

It's probably why Noisemaster gave up so easily too. Once you find out that your boss/creator isn't gonna let you win, then why try?

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 28, 2014

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Black-and-purple with stars is the Nightmare Knight's motif, yeah.

(Cosmo seems to share it, which is why people sometimes theorize a connection.)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think that it was Mutemaster, since it was a noise cannon and you can see "shhhhhhhh" when it hits the shield.

Edit: though I don't really have much else to go off of

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 28, 2014

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Loads of purple with stars is Cucumber Quest and Gigi herself's default state. I'm not dismissing looking into it from that (it's pretty reasonable,) but don't be surprised if Nightmare Knight wasn't involved just because of that.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It seems pretty obvious that it's NK, there's even a tumblr pic of him fading into a defated Noisemaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Loads of purple with stars is Cucumber Quest and Gigi herself's default state. I'm not dismissing looking into it from that (it's pretty reasonable,) but don't be surprised if Nightmare Knight wasn't involved just because of that.

Gigi's self-insert now confirmed to be the shield.