Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You don't need to be a Miss Phelps to make good decisions or a Nemi to enjoy yourself. Just live in the moment and try not to worry so much. If you are drinking tea, don't split your focus by thinking about the other things you could be doing, just drink your tea.

We could all stand to be a little more Moomin-minded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Comics (February 12th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

There should be another Radio Patrol, but evidently Comics Kingdom has a gap in its archives.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Okay I finally gave up trying to read my way through the ~3000 posts since I fell behind on the previous thread before christmas. Can anybody fill me in on what I missed? I heard the sad news about Morrie Turner. :smith:

Besides that, what's the worst thing that happened in my absence? Were there any big surprises? I notice Borden's back, which I assume qualifies as the best thing. Most importantly, what's happening in Mary Worth?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kismet posted:

Okay I finally gave up trying to read my way through the ~3000 posts since I fell behind on the previous thread before christmas. Can anybody fill me in on what I missed? I heard the sad news about Morrie Turner. :smith:

Besides that, what's the worst thing that happened in my absence? Were there any big surprises? I notice Borden's back, which I assume qualifies as the best thing. Most importantly, what's happening in Mary Worth?

Spider-Man turned amazing as JJ turned into Robo Hitler. Also, Phantom spent months gloating about how much he's stolen to this random tourist girl.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I love cardboard with sauce and no cheese.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I hope the kids in the foreground are going to be okay after face swapping. :ohdear:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Anyone who has worked in retail has that exact same reaction.

Rex Morgan MD

Kismet posted:

Most importantly, what's happening in Mary Worth?
Tommy the drug addict criminal (reformed) is back and Wilbur is making the moves on his mom.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Tommy the drug addict criminal (reformed) is back and Wilbur is making the moves on his mom.

Ahhhhhh, that's the stuff. :allears:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Hey! :mad:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Green Intern posted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Green Intern posted:

I believe that's called a vegan pizza.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Hello! That's especially why he needs one stat! Haven't you seen all those missing child horror stories on Dateline?

Retail

I'd tell Cooper to get a life but he doesn't actually have one outside of work which is pretty sad. Actually, that might be where this is going. Arthur will just be sooo likable that no one will care about Cooper anymore and Cooper will be insecure and whiny about it.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

"Oh, Karl, Karl. Don't worry it'll be all right..." *flips the off switch*

Dustin

My guess is that all of Dustin's substitute teacher stories are the reason he gets so many girlfriends. It'd certainly be more interesting than hearing some douche bragging about how he totally owned the assistant manager at his retail job or whatever.

On the Fastrack

Someday I hope we'll develop technology that enables telepathy and won't have to bother with English anymore.

Safe Havens

Should've gone with a barn swallow instead. Those are a hell lot faster.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 28, 2014

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Should've gone with a barn swallow instead. Those are a hell lot faster.

Should've gone with turning her assistants into barn owls.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Whoa, now don't this just look right up my alley... (Cover trade!)

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It occurs to me that I don't think I've ever read a subpar Creeps comic.

How do you know what the par is, then?

Midnight Moth posted:

Someday I hope we'll develop technology that enables telepathy and won't have to bother with English anymore.

Coo?

Johnny Hazard

Never a Lothar around when you need one...

Krazy Kat

The Third Impact took everyone by surprise.

Classic Mandrake

There's just no way this could possibly go wrong!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

I don't blame you one bit, Jeremy. I've tried Eggplant every possible way it can be prepared, and it still tastes like poo poo to me. Bleh.

Baba ghanoush is nice, eggplant lasagne is good, and eggplant is also pretty great salted and fried.

tiistai posted:

If anyone badmouths tea I'll fight them irl

Used to be I didn't like tea at all. Then I realized that there's a world of difference between squeezing cheap teabags into water that's been boiling way too long and proper tea. If it's dull you're drinking it wrong.

Look, I like tea, I drink several cups a day, I have six different varieties in my house right now, but (despite what a certain cat may say) I'd hardly describe it as exciting.

B.C.

Blondie

The Born Loser

I read this comic, and I just can't understand what the joke is. All I can think of when I look at it is this:

And that's not a joke, it's just how the conversation would end.

Crankshaft

Like everything Tom Batiuk writes, this ends in disappointment.

Family Circus

Recycled comic spotted. They forgot that this one only works once every four years.

Henry

That's a really weird thing for her to say to him.

Hi and Lois

Chip has heard of the internet, right?

The Pajama Diaries

I guess for Terri Libenson "mother" is just another word for "alcoholic"?

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

What happened to the beautiful full-sheet version of Krazy Kat?

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Tea is what separates the civilized from the savage, drink up.

I may start posting Geech. I got bored with Lio's "Look, another monster!" joke and just haven't given a poo poo.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
A new entry for 'insipid' in illustrated dictionaries.

:negative:

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Peter really needs to see a doctor about that condition.

don Jaime posted:

I may start posting Geech. I got bored with Lio's "Look, another monster!" joke and just haven't given a poo poo.
That'd be pretty cool, although I imagine it's not to most readers' tastes, thanks to being so aggressively... folksy?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Ugh, gently caress off Batuik.

Also with 'Chip has heard of the internet, right?', all I could think of is that 'Libraries, putting bookstores out of business' comic but with a XXX VHS rental place vs strip club (with a brazzers logo in the corner, naturally).

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Comic Strip Megathread XV: Peter Parker, Boy Photog!

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

What happened to the beautiful full-sheet version of Krazy Kat?

Those were Sunday comics that I posted from a public domain site until the well ran dry. Comics Kingdom only has dailies of Kat, and the book of Sundays that I got used is too big to fit in my scanner. Sorry, man. :(

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Fok_It

The majority of Finnish grocery stores have self-serve scales in their fruit sections. You're supposed to weigh the fruits/veggies and press the correct number button and then it prints a sticker thing with the barcode and such.

"Pearer so" is a literal translation that funnily enough sounds just as silly in English as it does in Finnish.

drat.

Rinta-Kanto drew this yesterday to advertize the few Twinklemuzzle t-shirts that are still left to be sold.

Also

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Midnight Moth posted:

My guess is that all of Dustin's substitute teacher stories are the reason he gets so many girlfriends. It'd certainly be more interesting than hearing some douche bragging about how he totally owned the assistant manager at his retail job or whatever.

As I remember Dustin doesn't get girlfriends, he just gets dates. Wasn't it a a big thing when he called one out for a second date once, but it turns out it was only because she beat him in golf?

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Those were Sunday comics that I posted from a public domain site until the well ran dry. Comics Kingdom only has dailies of Kat, and the book of Sundays that I got used is too big to fit in my scanner. Sorry, man. :(

Until you started posting these I assumed Krazy Kat was Sunday only, like Nemo. Presumably because I read the same book you did that only had Sundays, and didn't even mention that dailies existed back then as far as I can recall.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus already posted by Tiggum, the jerk :arghfist:

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

So, if I'm reading this right. Her reflexes are so amazing she can toss an ice cream cone through an open car window to hit the driver as he's speeding past? I love this comic.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Tiggum posted:

The Born Loser

I read this comic, and I just can't understand what the joke is. All I can think of when I look at it is this:

And that's not a joke, it's just how the conversation would end.

The joke is that the child doesn't know that there is no such thing as "spring tyres", they're just called tyres. Which is even weaker than any given Family Circle malapropism.

This storyline is filling me with a sense of dread.

Momma

Dont apologize to me Momma, I don't mind. Also Mel's holding back a secret 4th panel where she remarks that the only parasites she's ever had were her children.

Let's look in at MinSec!

Boulder, wall (aka Man's boulder), DRAGON, boulder, hurdles. I also liked this mini-arc

so poignant.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Kavak posted:

Your link says it was an Anarchist group called The Angry Brigade, not an IRA.

:doh:

Haven't rabbit ears had a resurgence with people dropping cable? Still handy for getting local channels when needed.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

Poil posted:

So, if I'm reading this right. Her reflexes are so amazing she can toss an ice cream cone through an open car window to hit the driver as he's speeding past? I love this comic.

As she's speeding past; that's the general manager.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac punishes the victim.

The Creeps encourages you to be positive to your fellow man...by negative example.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

Am I the only one that's completely clueless as to what's happening in Apartment 3-G? I'm totally lost. Where's the deer. And who is that guy?

I just put two and two together and figured out where the name "Santaroymart" came from. Santaroymart? Really? That's, like, really bad.

Tiggum posted:

Henry

That's a really weird thing for her to say to him.

That's seriously way out in left field for Henry. Amazing. How many more sexual innuendos have there been made in that strip as of late? Henry always used to be as benign as Fred Basset. Or, I'm being trolled. I'm being trolled, right? TIGGUM! :argh:

RE teachatte, I'm a coffee drinker, and only drink tea when I'm out of coffee. However, several years ago, my sister in law (who is Malaysian) left a "box" of tea at the place we spend some summer weekends at. We had no coffee at the time, and so I decided I'd drink that in place. The tea was in little paper envelopes, and I judged each "envelope" would make one pot. I believe it was oolong, but the box, and envelopes, were basically covered in Asian text, so I honestly had no idea what I was drinking. Regardless, I made a pot. Holy loving poo poo did that stuff have a kick! I was vibrating like a loving tuning fork! Usually tea (for some unknown reason) has barely an effect on me, but this stuff was like crack. I did like its sort of "smokey" flavor too. Alas, over a period of several weekends, I drank it all, and never found out what it was exactly. I would love to have some more.

I still don't get the "handcuffed to the bed out of nowhere". Anyway, here's today's Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Wait Cap'n Eddie. Just wait. Flames? From where? How can an "ice volcano" have flames? Give this guy another shot so he can get his story straight. :v:

Dana caught up, so here are dual Heavenly Nostrils

:3:

Kliban

:psyduck: I really find it hard to believe that Bernard wasn't high as gently caress when he penned some of these. And that's just fine by me. :)

9 Chickweed Lane 2/28/2003

Pretty cliché, but not bad Brooke.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Oh geez... :ughh:

Nemi

:3:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 10, 1926)

He's going to find out about the law of unintended consequences when he does his final present count.

Peanuts (March 3, 1967)

It must be gruesome if it shuts Lucy up.

Creepy Creeperbean

Popeye

Pappy's always resented the kid, so of course he wants to sabotage the case.

Rip Haywire

Pogo (March 2, 1956)

Out Our Way (July 14-15, 1924)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 28, 2014

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

don Jaime posted:

Tea is what separates the civilized from the savage, drink up.

Sounds good. I also remember laughing at Geech when I was a kid and am curious about how it holds up.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

A lot of your comics have been almost unreadable recently. What's going on there? For comparison, here's the same Doonesbury I pulled from gocomics a few minutes ago.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Get your stinking paws off my Filthy Animal Comix.

Pooch Café

Let's take a minute to think about what malleable substance hobo dogs could possibly have enough of to make something like that.

Ballard Street

First Ballard Cat of the new thread! Seriously guys, this is a rare treat. We usually get maybe two per year, and this is practically 1.5 in a single strip.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kammat posted:

Haven't rabbit ears had a resurgence with people dropping cable? Still handy for getting local channels when needed.

Do American houses not generally have antennas on the roof?

Geomancing posted:

As she's speeding past; that's the general manager.

Are you sure? It doesn't look like her.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Am I the only one that's completely clueless as to what's happening in Apartment 3-G? I'm totally lost. Where's the deer. And who is that guy?

The deer is still around, presumably. That guy is Professor Aristotle Papagoras, a neighbour.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

That's seriously way out in left field for Henry. Amazing. How many more sexual innuendos have there been made in that strip as of late? Henry always used to be as benign as Fred Basset. Or, I'm being trolled. I'm being trolled, right? TIGGUM! :argh:

Not this time.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

RE teachatte, I'm a coffee drinker, and only drink tea when I'm out of coffee. However, several years ago, my sister in law (who is Malaysian) left a "box" of tea at the place we spend some summer weekends at. We had no coffee at the time, and so I decided I'd drink that in place. The tea was in little paper envelopes, and I judged each "envelope" would make one pot. I believe it was oolong, but the box, and envelopes, were basically covered in Asian text, so I honestly had no idea what I was drinking. Regardless, I made a pot. Holy loving poo poo did that stuff have a kick! I was vibrating like a loving tuning fork! Usually tea (for some unknown reason) has barely an effect on me, but this stuff was like crack. I did like its sort of "smokey" flavor too. Alas, over a period of several weekends, I drank it all, and never found out what it was exactly. I would love to have some more.

Tea has about the same amount of caffeine as instant coffee, which is less than brewed coffee, but it all depends on how you make it (coffee or tea). In either case, if you drink enough of it (which isn't actually all that much) you max out on the caffeine effect and anything else you feel is placebo.

Lapsang souchong is known for its smoky flavour, but you should also try English breakfast, which is sort of the generic tea. Assam is very strongly flavoured and I only drink that occasionally. Earl Grey is flavoured by the addition of bergamot, and I like it without milk as it's less bitter than black tea tends to be normally. Green tea can be very bitter and I find it goes well with sweet food (and is served without milk). Russian Caravan is one I've never cared for, to me it tastes somewhat like rubber smells. If you buy tea leaves or bags that don't specify a variety they'll probably be a generic sort of black tea that's fairly similar to English Breakfast.

• Locked thread