Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Plucky Brit posted:

I really wouldn't be surprised if France lose to Scotland

The only way that this would happen is if France played (and beat) New Zealand the week before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Welp, France will go without Nyanga, Fofana and now Picamoles. The former two are injured (groin and ribs, respectively), while Picamoles is dropped for acting like a petulant oval office when Rolland binned him.

Saint-Andre has called up Rabah Slimani (prop), Bernard Le Roux (flanker), Antoine Claassen (no. 8), Morgan Parra (halfback) and Remi Lemarat (centre) to the squad, but Parra may not be available after getting sent off on the weekend for a headbutt on Rene Ranger of Montpellier in a Top 14 fixture on the weekend. What a dumb gently caress.

Here's a video of Morgan Parra being a dumb gently caress, if anyone wants to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_wfXFZXP90

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 25, 2014

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
My housemate just stumbled upon this gem :

http://vimeo.com/38845207

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
AMAZING. Thanks for the share.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
What exactly has James O'Connor done now?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Tyma posted:

I also appreciate this.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Gambrinus posted:

What exactly has James O'Connor done now?

Signed with Toulon by the looks of it.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Tyma posted:

It's pretty depressing to be so universally hated, but it does make it that much more satisfying when we kick your arses. :mad:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

It's pretty depressing to be so universally hated, but it does make it that much more satisfying when we kick your arses. :mad:

To be fair, I quite like the English team, it's the English media and the BBC that makes everyone else hate them so much.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

To be fair, I quite like the English team, it's the English media and the BBC that makes everyone else hate them so much.

Don't forget the commentators!!!

e: or is that included in media?

Well, in any regards, gently caress England!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
gently caress England.

It is known.

edit: also, gently caress Leicester.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Vagabundo posted:

Welp, France will go without Nyanga, Fofana and now Picamoles. The former two are injured (groin and ribs, respectively), while Picamoles is dropped for acting like a petulant oval office when Rolland binned him.

Saint-Andre has called up Rabah Slimani (prop), Bernard Le Roux (flanker), Antoine Claassen (no. 8), Morgan Parra (halfback) and Remi Lemarat (centre) to the squad, but Parra may not be available after getting sent off on the weekend for a headbutt on Rene Ranger of Montpellier in a Top 14 fixture on the weekend. What a dumb gently caress.

Here's a video of Morgan Parra being a dumb gently caress, if anyone wants to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_wfXFZXP90

Uh..what the gently caress did Ranger do to deserve a yellow? He was even back ten metres. Are they calling that a tip tackle?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Was he back 10 meters?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

Was he back 10 meters?

Yes, or extremely close to it anyway. You can eyeball it using the 22m and 40m markings.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

It's pretty pathetic to be taken in by this myth every time someone trots it out.

They cut out all the Welsh people saying Ireland (would be 50/50 imo) and the Italians saying France.
Besides, most Scots would've probably said "anyone".

Edit : The Irish hate you, but you know, 'cos of the dead people.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

DickEmery posted:

It's pretty pathetic to be taken in by this myth every time someone trots it out.

They cut out all the Welsh people saying Ireland (would be 50/50 imo)

This is true, beating England is hella fun, but most people I talk to loving hate the Irish side at the moment.

Plus I hate to admit it, but there's a lot of likeable people in the England set-up at the moment. The days of Healey, Dawson etc are long gone thank gently caress

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Uh..what the gently caress did Ranger do to deserve a yellow? He was even back ten metres. Are they calling that a tip tackle?

I think it's more that it looks like he lifted him and then failed to support his weight to the ground. From the slow mo it looks like he let him go while Parra's feet were still off the ground which is probably what he was carded for. Whether this is a fair decision or not is another debate entirely.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I'm confused as to what either of them did wrong? Why the red for Parrah? I feel like there was less than nothing wrong with either of them?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He pretty clearly headbutted Ranger.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

IRB posted:

A directive was issued to all Unions and Match Officials in 2009 emphasizing the IRB’s zero-tolerance stance towards dangerous tackles and reiterating the following instructions for referees:

- The player is lifted and then forced or ‘speared’ into the ground (red card offence)

- The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player’s safety (red card offence)

- For all other types of dangerous lifting tackles a yellow card or penalty may be considered sufficient

He picked him up and slammed him into the ground.
Not exactly having "regard to the player’s safety".
Wasn't a tip tackle but was deserving of a yellow.

Para's weak-rear end head-butt was still a head-butt.

Look, both offences were a bit poo poo but were still given the correct sanction.
If Ranger and Parra wanted to prove how tough they were then why not loving punch each other.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, he lifted and dropped him so that's a auto-card, then Parra headbutted him back for another auto-card. I think both have to be referred to the disciplinary committee as well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Other than possibly being off-side, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Ranger's tackle.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Other than possibly being off-side, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Ranger's tackle.

Exactly. I'm all for player safety especially around concussion and actually dangerous tackles but that's just a damned good hit.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

Smorgasbord posted:

Exactly. I'm all for player safety especially around concussion and actually dangerous tackles but that's just a damned good hit.

After being pretty badly hurt in a dangerous tackle I absolutely hate seeing them, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

I think the issue the ref likely had was that Parra was picked up and wasn't put down "safely" by Ranger, which seems to be what refs are looking for when assessing if a tackle is dangerous or not. It wasn't a tip tackle but it could be viewed as dangerous by the officials.

In my opinion it looked like a much bigger man tackling a smaller man and physics happened.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Parra's been banned for two weeks,so he'll be back in time for Saint-Andre to not select him for the Ireland match.

Johnny Sexton has damaged thumb ligaments and will miss Ireland-Italy.If we're lucky,he'll be back for the France match.If not,he might be out for the next 6 weeks.

:suicide::suicide:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Vaders Jester posted:

I think the issue the ref likely had was that Parra was picked up and wasn't put down "safely" by Ranger, which seems to be what refs are looking for when assessing if a tackle is dangerous or not. It wasn't a tip tackle but it could be viewed as dangerous by the officials.

In my opinion it looked like a much bigger man tackling a smaller man and physics happened.

Nah if you watch the action replay he tackles low and then stands up with the guy. Sure if the "victim" was a big guys instead of a small one he may not have lifted him up as much but that's irrelevant. You can see him basically pick him up by the legs and stand upwards instead of simply pulling him down.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Blues are running wild like Hulkamania at the moment.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Tamati Ellison is playing for the Rebels? :psyduck:

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Jason Woodward couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

That's a really poo poo yellow card against the Rebels, I hate that holding crap. If he stuck with the chopping motion rather than the uppercut style he probably would've been ok.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
I get poo poo 24/7 for being a Hurricanes supporter living in Christchurch, so thought I'd send a wee text to a whoooole lotta people tonight saying simply ":)"

You'd think I had murdered a baby.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The Hamster Man posted:

I get poo poo 24/7 for being a Hurricanes supporter living in Christchurch, so thought I'd send a wee text to a whoooole lotta people tonight saying simply ":)"

You'd think I had murdered a baby.

Crusader fans are almost all giant babies.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I can't loving stand the Crusaders but I don't really know why.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Vagabundo posted:

The Blues are running wild like Hulkamania at the moment.

I was in a pub down by the viaduct and ended up being in the "Crusaders Section" - they were giving me heaps (I was wearing a Blues Jersey) when the score was 17 to 3. At the end of the night they were all quiet and downcast. I didn't feel the least bit sad for them.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

I was in a pub down by the viaduct and ended up being in the "Crusaders Section" - they were giving me heaps (I was wearing a Blues Jersey) when the score was 17 to 3. At the end of the night they were all quiet and downcast. I didn't feel the least bit sad for them.

Last season a Crusaders guy was hanging out at the pub I usually watch games at (in NSW). He was so dour and boring until they started winning then he was smugger than a Jeremy Clarkson look alike who just won a Clarkson Smug Face competition. I'm a Kiwi and a Chiefs supporter so I kinda knew what to expect but he was pretty bad, even the Tah's guys I hang out with were asking me why the 'saders guy was such a knob.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The new Chiefs shirt seems to be really successful? Almost every sports store in Wales seem to be selling them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Tamati Ellison is playing for the Rebels? :psyduck:

He wants to play in the Top League in Japan and in the Super Rugby competition like Fumiaki Tanaka does. The Rebels agreed to those terms, while the NZRU told him to gently caress off.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

That was the Super Rugbiest ending I've ever seen. All 30 players just collapsed to the ground, the moment the whistle blew :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Tyma posted:

That was the Super Rugbiest ending I've ever seen. All 30 players just collapsed to the ground, the moment the whistle blew :ohdear:

Was it a good match? I was all :aaaaa: when I saw Fourie scored in the 77th minute.

• Locked thread