Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ice Fist posted:

Yeah it's funny to dominate all of nullsec, but anybody who thinks that large coalitions will sit idly forever with no true conflict is retarded. When the civil war comes it will be awesome.

Their leaders pretty much went insane and they needed to be taken out back and shot.

Prolonged peace never works out anyway. Alliances rot from within as PVPers get bored and wander off, leaving hollowed-out corpses that look healthy but collapse at the first sign of trouble. It doesn't even take that long. How long was it from when BoB died and peace broke out until the old Northern Coalition (no dot) just fell apart revealing that like half the member corps were hollow zombies?

Our coalition is going to collapse sooner or later, and it will be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lowkin posted:

So my time in High-sec hosed me over with the missions where I am located now, I am at a -3.61 with the faction I want missions with. Is there a way I can pay for standing or am I just going to have to grind out lvl 1 missions for days to get to the -2.0.

Also as an amarr player should I stop training lasers? seems like none of the ship fleet doctrines include lasers.
You can do the SoE epic storyline, the end reward is bonus standings for any of the 4 empires. There are 50 missions, but it's designed to be possible for new players so you can blitz through the thing in a good cruiser.

(Don't do lowsec pvp in the space controlled by the empire you like doing missions for. They ding your standing for crimes committed in lowsec space they own.)

Train lasers if you like lasers. Which particular gun the big fleets are using is more FOTM than anything else. Lasers aren't great for the current big fleet meta, but they're perfectly fine for other PVP. If you like missions, lasers mean you are pretty tied to amarr ones to be efficient, since you can't switch damage types.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Since I stumbled across this little gem of a thing in this thread, I was wondering if I could get a bit of guidance. Right now Logi V is training but I have no goals past that. I also don't know what, if anything, I can use now that would let me be somewhat useful fleet wise (aside from being just another warm body).

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Sorus posted:

Since I stumbled across this little gem of a thing in this thread, I was wondering if I could get a bit of guidance. Right now Logi V is training but I have no goals past that. I also don't know what, if anything, I can use now that would let me be somewhat useful fleet wise (aside from being just another warm body).

Train for an archon? It's not necessarily useful for fleets, but it will make deployments a heck of a lot easier, especially when staging systems change.

Urit
Oct 22, 2010

Lowkin posted:

So my time in High-sec hosed me over with the missions where I am located now, I am at a -3.61 with the faction I want missions with. Is there a way I can pay for standing or am I just going to have to grind out lvl 1 missions for days to get to the -2.0.

Also as an amarr player should I stop training lasers? seems like none of the ship fleet doctrines include lasers.

The PvP in fleets has been a lot of fun so far, I am glad I moved. Just need to get an economy going or keep buying myself plexes.

Lasers are going to be a new thing once the drone nerf goes through. Never not train lasers. Also drones and missiles have a place on Amarr ships - drones, more than missiles, but both work great.

Klyith posted:

If you like missions, lasers mean you are pretty tied to amarr ones to be efficient, since you can't switch damage types.

If only Amarr had 3 excellent drone boats (Armageddon, Prophecy, Arbitrator) in their tech 1 lineup.

Urit fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 28, 2014

Lowkin
Aug 27, 2007
I was going to try and get a armegeddon drone mission boat, I thought missions were the preferable income. On the forums it says 60-80m and hour.
I was making atleast 20m an hour doing lvl 3 missions in high-sec so that doesn't sound that profitable shooting guristas.

Lowkin fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 28, 2014

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sorus posted:

Since I stumbled across this little gem of a thing in this thread, I was wondering if I could get a bit of guidance.
If you are training logi V to fly logis, get gallente cruiser V because the guardian is meh. If you're doing it just for the carrier pre-req, do the carrier thing. Other directions:
a) finish of some other T2 ship Vs (ex interceptor V is pretty key if you want to actually fly those)
b) do the leadership grind so you can bee a wing / fleet booster
c) pick a new race (prob galente or maybe minmatar) to go into
d) train a different character on the account to keep your clone cost low

Sorus posted:

I also don't know what, if anything, I can use now that would let me be somewhat useful fleet wise (aside from being just another warm body).
Realtalk: everyone in a fleet is just a warm body, unless they're a FC, scout, intel, etc. A logi pilot is just playing a different flavor of whack-a-mole, a cap pilot isn't making independent decisions. It's much better to have fun and be invested than to be "useful", because people who do everything to be "useful" burn out and quit.

Lowkin posted:

I was going to try and get a armegeddon drone mission boat, I thought missions were the preferable income. On the forums it says 60-80m and hour.
I was making atleast 20m an hour doing lvl 3 missions in high-sec so that doesn't sound that profitable.
Missions have a huge spread based on ship used and how you're doing them. There are people who make 100m/hr by blitzing, but that requires a lot of knowledge of which missions to auto-reject because they're slow. I'd bet a drone 'geddon is on the low side of 60, but you can be pretty afk with drones.

I've heard that level 3s can be nearly as good as 4s if you blitz them, and with way less investment.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Just got into my first stealth bomber. :f5h::black101:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Animal-Mother posted:

Just got into my first stealth bomber. :f5h::black101:

Congratulations. Go probe out an occupied wormhole, wait until they finish a combat site then blow the poo poo out of their salvaging Noctis.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Klyith posted:

If you are training logi V to fly logis, get gallente cruiser V because the guardian is meh. If you're doing it just for the carrier pre-req, do the carrier thing. Other directions:
a) finish of some other T2 ship Vs (ex interceptor V is pretty key if you want to actually fly those)
b) do the leadership grind so you can bee a wing / fleet booster
c) pick a new race (prob galente or maybe minmatar) to go into
d) train a different character on the account to keep your clone cost low

A Guardian is hands down, assuming you have a cap buddy, much better than an Oneiros. More repping power, a second remote capacitor transmitter than can be used outside of the cap chain, has a free a midslot for support (or ECCM), and it is slightly faster with a shorter align time. The only advantages the Oneiros has, besides it's capability to fit for independent operations, is that it has a bigger tank and 50m3 drone bandwidth/cargo. Even then the extra EHP comes in a slightly higher shield and hull value, thus not going to make a huge difference in an armor fleet.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Congratulations. Go probe out an occupied wormhole, wait until they finish a combat site then blow the poo poo out of their salvaging Noctis.

I think my loki alt might just qualify for this... until I can get a loki

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

HelloSailorSign posted:

Never leave JU-. Not even once.

I left JU- yesterday with Theta on a kitchen sink welp fleet.

We ended up killing two T2 frigs and a 100m pod while only losing our T1 frig newbies. :downsgun:

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Rhymenoserous posted:

Don't listen to these naysayers. The falcon is the greatest griefboat in the game.
Out of curiosity, why is there so little Took love? Lack of the covert cyno bonus?

Klyith posted:

All the assholes we dislike just ate tens of trillions in losses from the war, and while they're trying to grind back to some sort of fighting capability, we're still rich. We riding bikes son, and right now the bikes have diamond-encrusted seats and gold spinners.
Biiitch be tripping' balls.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

Bagu posted:

Out of curiosity, why is there so little Took love? Lack of the covert cyno bonus?

That and the cloak as well as the medium hybrids is the big reason why (or at least myself) like the Falcon over the Rook. That's not to say I wouldn't fly a Rook if there was a cheap one on contract :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Alright, I'm an idiot. Someone walk me through barfing up my character, so I can get advice on just what I can fly worth flying. Because if I really am just going back to Rifters and lovely drakes, then... :shrug:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The Leper Colon V posted:

Alright, I'm an idiot. Someone walk me through barfing up my character, so I can get advice on just what I can fly worth flying. Because if I really am just going back to Rifters and lovely drakes, then... :shrug:

What are you talking about exactly?

Are you attempting to retrieve a character you have forgotten the details for? If so, submit a ticket and CCP will bend over backwards to get you back in the game if you can remember a detail or two.

If you mean you don't know what to train towards, it might help if you posted your character details on http://eveboard.com/ so we can see what you've got, so we can see what you're close to.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lowkin posted:

The PvP in fleets has been a lot of fun so far, I am glad I moved. Just need to get an economy going or keep buying myself plexes.

That depends. The main factions (Amarr, Gallente, Caldari, Minmatar) have data centers where you can exchange tags for standing. Essentially it means paying for standing, if you don't want to grind for the tags yourself. Also COSMOS-missions give faction-standing, too. (Or most of them, it has been awhile.)

I've no idea if there is a similar procedure for pirate-factions, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I guess getting my API and uploading it to one of these public sites so people can tell me how lovely my skills are.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I guess getting my API and uploading it to one of these public sites so people can tell me how lovely my skills are.

I'll only laugh if you put lots of points into mining skills.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

This sounds amazingly fun!

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Kosh Naranek posted:

This sounds amazingly fun!

...If you have a ton of patience.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

darth cookie posted:

Exhumers V, Ice Harvesting V crew checking in :smith:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

i do cocaine posted:

I gave up at mining barge IV and Astrogeology IV. :smugdog:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kheldragar posted:

I gave up at mining barge IV and Astrogeology IV. :smugdog:

I was on deployment for 8 months, but at the same time, that 8 months could have put me in a carrier, if I had been able to afford the books at the time.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

i do cocaine posted:

:laffo:

How much extra do your clones cost because of that crap?

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

i do cocaine posted:

You can earn 100m/hr with a ice mining barge in 0.0 space.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

darth cookie posted:

:laffo:

How much extra do your clones cost because of that crap?

I pay 3.8M per clone when I die. (Even with all that cruft in industry skills, I only have about 50 million SP.)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i do cocaine posted:

I pay 3.8M per clone when I die.

I accidentally bought a 14M ISK clone when I needed clone for 14M SP. :(

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

I accidentally bought a 14M ISK clone when I needed clone for 14M SP. :(

Hah! Something like that happend to me once. And immediately after my first gently caress-up I followed up with a second one when I went on a solo cruiser roam and lost my super-expensive clone right away. :shepface:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Libluini posted:

Hah! Something like that happend to me once. And immediately after my first gently caress-up I followed up with a second one when I went on a solo cruiser roam and lost my super-expensive clone right away. :shepface:

Mine is in a covops frigate so it should live for some time. What killed your?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

Mine is in a covops frigate so it should live for some time. What killed your?

poo poo, looking down my list of losses I think this was even before my latest tries at cruiser-pvp. I think the clone was in an Impairor I faintly remember losing to a gate camp. Two Typhoons smart-bombed me back home. (I was on my way to try to get on a carrier-kill mail during some sort of event in LowSec where someone sacrificed his carrier to the masses. After losing three frigates one after another, I just said gently caress it and went in with my newbie-ships, not even bothering to buy new frigates.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

darth cookie posted:

Pretend I can barely fit the 2011 fleet doctrine T2 Drake. What can I do with those skills now? Something not poo poo, because I can only really fly Caldari and maaaaybe some small Amarr stuff. (Rifters & Punishers 4eva)

E: oh yeah I can fly the T1 Amarr cargo butt plugs

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 28, 2014

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
You maybe able to fly a naga with a little training and they are a lot of fun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Libluini posted:

poo poo, looking down my list of losses I think this was even before my latest tries at cruiser-pvp. I think the clone was in an Impairor I faintly remember losing to a gate camp. Two Typhoons smart-bombed me back home. (I was on my way to try to get on a carrier-kill mail during some sort of event in LowSec where someone sacrificed his carrier to the masses. After losing three frigates one after another, I just said gently caress it and went in with my newbie-ships, not even bothering to buy new frigates.)

Smartbombs. :( Are there still constant 15-20 smartbomb battleship camps in Rancer ?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Edit: Double post in wrong thread.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Pretend I can barely fit the 2011 fleet doctrine T2 Drake. What can I do with those skills now? Something not poo poo, because I can only really fly Caldari and maaaaybe some small Amarr stuff. (Rifters & Punishers 4eva)

E: oh yeah I can fly the T1 Amarr cargo butt plugs

Our hurf blurf big fleet doctrines are all Amarr and Gallente, but if you have t2 Caldari frigs, you can fly Harpy fleet (best fleet) and Crows (the best interceptor). If you have hybrids trained up, Ferox fleet is a thing and you can cross train into our new armor bc doctrine relatively quickly. Eagles might also be a thing in the US timezone squad?

Ignoring fleet doctrines, fly whatever looks interesting. You'll have to train for it but :shrug:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Klyith posted:

(Don't do lowsec pvp in the space controlled by the empire you like doing missions for. They ding your standing for crimes committed in lowsec space they own.)

If I'm just popping people in FW without shooting rats, do I get dinged by the current owner?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bonewitch posted:

Our hurf blurf big fleet doctrines are all Amarr and Gallente, but if you have t2 Caldari frigs, you can fly Harpy fleet (best fleet) and Crows (the best interceptor). If you have hybrids trained up, Ferox fleet is a thing and you can cross train into our new armor bc doctrine relatively quickly. Eagles might also be a thing in the US timezone squad?

Ignoring fleet doctrines, fly whatever looks interesting. You'll have to train for it but :shrug:

Most of all, do not feel compelled to train into all the doctrines or even any of them. Do what makes the game fun. If you do want to train for a doctrine, and do so quickly, then I would suggest getting either Caldari Frigate V (for Crows, Harpys, and Manticores), or Minmatar Frigate V (for Bursts, Hyenas, and Hounds), because those will give you access to some doctrine ships that are very useful in several fleets. Other options if you want to get into a fleet ship faster is to just go straight for cruisers, of which the gallente Celestis and the minmatar Bellicose are both very useful in fleet doctrines, and the gallente Vexor and Thorax are both good for small gang or solo stuff. Stabbers and Ruptures, both Minmatar cruisers, are also great for entry level PVP.

If you fit these ships properly, with Tech 2 or below fits, then you will literally make money every time they die assuming you are in Goonwaffe.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been suicide ganking for three weeks straight in 0.5 and up systems, and my sec status has only gone from -9.1 to -9.4 :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a requirement for -10.0 to graduate from WAFFLES., or what?

• Locked thread