Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Ah. Seriously though I am putting together a Batman thread and it is taking a long time. He is mine damnit.

As promised, New Bat-thread is up.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Because no one's posted a new X-Men thread yet, I've been writing up a new OP. I'll probably have it posted in an hour or so. Anyone got some good title suggestions?

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 27, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

We have a Red Hood thread but no thread for Fantastic Four or Batman or any of the billion other good books out there.

Everybody needs to step up their game.

Fine I got your FF thread right here! It's probably mediocre cause I'm new at this! But whatever!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Because no one's posted a new X-Men thread yet, I've been writing up a new OP. I'll probably have it posted in an hour or so. Anyone got some good title suggestions?

X-Men Discussion Thread: All-New Marvel Now! STILL one big happy family again!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

TwoPair posted:

Fine I got your FF thread right here! It's probably mediocre cause I'm new at this! But whatever!

It's really good.

All the new threads are really good which is why people should always post more!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CapnAndy posted:

Until an actual movie studio or an actor actually says something about Ghostbusters 3, all the information on it is just Dan Akroyd rambling like a crazy person and any casting news is the favorite actors of the guy writing fanfic disguised as a rumors article.

I was just wondering because I posted in the Ghostbusters thread a while back that the cast of Superbad would make some good Ghostbusters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

It's really good.

All the new threads are really good which is why people should always post more!

Hope you're ready for my Vibe & Katanna threads!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Rhyno posted:

You joke but let's not pretend that BSS hasn't had a Forerunner (the greatest and most baddass character ever) thread.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Pour your heart and soul into it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

You joke but let's not pretend that BSS hasn't had a Forerunner (the greatest and most baddass character ever) thread.

If this was GBS I'd have made threads for every single member of the Legion by now. Including the Subs.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Rhyno posted:

If this was GBS I'd have made threads for every single member of the Legion by now. Including the Subs.

Yeah but Waid is the only person that cares for the Legion and doesn't post here. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah but Waid is the only person that cares for the Legion and doesn't post here. :v:

YOU SHUT YOUR LYING MOUTH! EVERYONE LOVES THE LEGION!

I'm sad now.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Don't be sad. I'm sure they're due another reboot shortly and this will be the one that finally works.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Waterhaul posted:

The Paste-Pot Pete MEGATHREAD incoming.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

theflyingorc posted:

The Paste-Pot Pete MEGATHREAD incoming.

Yeah but only if you shun the Trapster gimmick :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

YOU SHUT YOUR LYING MOUTH! EVERYONE LOVES THE LEGION!

I'm sad now.

Is it time for a thread of Matter Eating Lad. I would love to have a Legion thread, but it would be a clusterfuck of epic poportions. I mean how would you even explain their history?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

I mean how would you even explain their history?

Summarize the Zero Hour Legion and pretend there was never any others.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Summarize the Zero Hour Legion and pretend there was never any others.

The original Legion was loving awesome :colbert:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I like classic Legion stuff but am inclined to think the book has probably passed it's freshness date by several decades.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I like classic Legion stuff but am inclined to think the book has probably passed it's freshness date by several decades.

The last time the Legion was worth reading was when Johns was writing them. Superman and the Legion was awesome. The problem is they kept on giving them to Levitz and Shooter. The same Shooter who started writing them when he was 14 years old.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I will gladly do a Deadshot appreciation thread explaining why Deadshot is the best character ever. Because he is.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Waterhaul posted:

Me. You. Outside. Bare knuckles. Let's go.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

CapnAndy posted:

Me. You. Outside. Bare knuckles. Let's go.

Fine, fine, two people care about them. They now have one more person caring about them than the Metal Men do.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Fine, fine, two people care about them. They now have one more person caring about them than the Metal Men do.

Three. Me, CapnAndy, and Rhyno. Thats triple the Metal Man fans.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Just read “What’s So Funny about Truth, Justice & the American Way?” for the first time, it might actually be the first Superman comic I've ever read since I can't remember reading anything else with him besides Morrison's JLA.

It was pretty good, normally I'm not a fan of the cynical side of cape comics where they go into things like "The heroes are causing all the problems, Batman is actually in love with the Joker" but I liked this since it was like "Yea, gently caress that. SUPERMAN BITCHES, KILLING IS WRONG."

I also keep reading Luthor's lines in Clancy Brown's voice, which I guess isn't a bad thing.

edit: probably should have posted this in the Superman thread, but oh well.

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 28, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

The DnA run of Legion was probably the last run of Legion that did not immediately evaporate from my brain after reading it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I liked that episode of the Superman cartoon where the legion had to save teenage Clark Kent from a time traveling Brainiac. Beyond that I don't know anything about them.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Don't Dan Didio and Grant Morrison both care about the Metal Men?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Chris Sims pretty much wrote love letter about the Metal men.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

irlZaphod posted:

They're pretty awesome in 52.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

irlZaphod posted:

Dan Didio was my only guy that cared about them but kept trying to make them happen when nobody cared.

But fine Tigra* then , ain't nobody going to go to bat for Tigra. :doom:

*I was going to use the Vision but I remember someone in the general threads saying they liked him.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Waterhaul posted:

Dan Didio was my only guy that cared about them but kept trying to make them happen when nobody cared.

But fine Tigra* then , ain't nobody going to go to bat for Tigra. :doom:

*I was going to use the Vision but I remember someone in the general threads saying they liked him.

I don't know that I ever liked Tigra, but I felt bad about some of the crap that happened to her during West Coast Avengers.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Waterhaul posted:

I was going to use the Vision but I remember someone in the general threads saying they liked him.

I like the Vision, but only when he's wearing a turtle-neck sweater for absolutely no reason at all (aside from looking cool as hell)

That's probably why Tigra has to sit round in her undies all day, Vision's nicked all the jumpers

Shameless fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 28, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just wait til Avengers 2, there will be hundreds of people claiming they have always been fans of the Vision because of Paul Bettany.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Quicksilver, the Vision, Wanda, and the other Avengers just hanging around doing stuff is adorable, like that other panel where Captain America is reading Tolkien and someone else is going out to a baseball game. :3:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Rhyno posted:

Just wait til Avengers 2, there will be hundreds of people claiming they have always been fans of the Vision because of Paul Bettany.

Is he gonna be the go-to choice for intelligent-sounding A.I.'s now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Action Tortoise posted:

He's doing it because Vision is probably just JARVIS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Action Tortoise posted:

He was cast as Vision in the film.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Shameless posted:

I like the Vision, but only when he's wearing a turtle-neck sweater for absolutely no reason at all (aside from looking cool as hell)

Does this win Vision the award for "nerdiest Avenger"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

prefect posted:

I don't know that I ever liked Tigra, but I felt bad about some of the crap that happened to her during West Coast Avengers.

I didn't care about The Avengers until Bendis's New Avengers, so it's funny to me that Graviton (Gravitron? I can't even remember his name) is a serious bad guy.

Tigra I just feel bad for, I don't know anything about her, but everytime I see her in a comic I just feel embarrassed for her. She's a cat lady who runs around in a bikini, that's not good.

• Locked thread