Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess I can understand it on some level. 8-track just seems so 70s to me but I suppose I know people who had 8-tracks in the early 80s. But I'm amazed that Rattle n Hum came out in '88 on 8track and CD. I wonder how many they sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I can't wait for the discussion of ACHTUNG baby

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I Love Films is my favorite new podcast.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

GraPar posted:

I can't wait for the discussion of ACHTUNG baby
No but seriously it would be ACHTUUUUUUUUNG

baby

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It's Andy Daly day at earwolf, god drat! Can't wait to listen to NNF/PP.

Do yourself a favor and don't look at the guest list of the Pilot Project. The guest list/character list is amazing.

E: holy poo poo there's no way they can top this episode.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 27, 2014

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I'm 18 minutes in and I'm crying.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
He's the D.B. Cooper of bears.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I liked the first U2 talking to me. Although I honestly wished they talked about War just a bit more since I genuinely love that album.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo Andy Daly, holy poo poo! I'm only 30 minutes in and it is amazing.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

soggybagel posted:

I liked the first U2 talking to me. Although I honestly wished they talked about War just a bit more since I genuinely love that album.

Adam Scott Aukerman in the studio, late night, in a warm (farty) room is always goofy and good.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Yeah, I'm just past the 1st commercial break, and holy gently caress this is amazing so far.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

soggybagel posted:

I liked it a lot too, even though I'm largely unfamiliar with U2's work. Scott and Scott's enthusiasm is so infectious.

On a related subject, did the Analyze Phish where they went to the Phish concert ever show up? Scott talks about it in the past tense but I don't think it was ever available. Please tell me it's somehow out and I missed it, a new Analyze Phish would be so nice.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's done and the theory is that he's waiting for a special moment to release it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I thought the theory was that it was a total bitch to edit down, and Scott too busy to oversee it and will be until he finishes shooting season 3 of the TV show.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

I thought the theory was that it was a total bitch to edit down, and Scott too busy to oversee it and will be until he finishes shooting season 3 of the TV show.

I'm confused. Isn't that was Episode 4 is? Or did they go to another Phish show after that?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah, a bunch of them (Scott, Harris, PFT, Shelby Fero, NOT Howard Kremer, but Kulap) went to a Phish show in LA.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

U Talkin U2 To Me is what I imagine Analyze Phish would be if it was just Harris talkin to other Phish fans about Phish. As someone who doesn't know a single loving thing about U2 or their music, I did find myself laughing at the sincere love and discussion for this band from two guys who I respect. They at least seem to be aware of how dumb this is.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

cams posted:

U Talkin U2 To Me is what I imagine Analyze Phish would be if it was just Harris talkin to other Phish fans about Phish. As someone who doesn't know a single loving thing about U2 or their music, I did find myself laughing at the sincere love and discussion for this band from two guys who I respect. They at least seem to be aware of how dumb this is.

Scott tweeted that Harris is going to be on one of the next episodes. He probably thinks U2 is a boring old people band like most people do so that might make it funnier.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
This all has its origins in that old CDR episode. I think episode 80.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

How are u posted:

Holy poo poo Andy Daly, holy poo poo! I'm only 30 minutes in and it is amazing.

When I saw the listing of characters that would be appearing on the pilot project episodes I kind of assumed that August Lindt's episode would rank near the bottom (mostly by default due to the competition), but this is one of the most amazing things that Andy Daly has ever done. Just goddamn.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Incredible episode, this whole series fully deserves to go down in podcast history

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Punch Card posted:

When I saw the listing of characters that would be appearing on the pilot project episodes I kind of assumed that August Lindt's episode would rank near the bottom (mostly by default due to the competition), but this is one of the most amazing things that Andy Daly has ever done. Just goddamn.
August Lindt's CBB episode might actually be my favorite Daly appearence, if only because it is the origin of his suicidal tendancies. And also "No, it's too short a vacation to rent a car."

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The original August Lindt episode was one of the ones that originally got me hooked on the podcast a few years back so I was really looking forward to this one, it was so good.

I really hope we get some kind of season 2 of this podcast at some point, it's been amazing so far.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

cams posted:

August Lindt's CBB episode might actually be my favorite Daly appearence, if only because it is the origin of his suicidal tendancies. And also "No, it's too short a vacation to rent a car."

Yeah I've listened to most of it again since the new ADPP and I think what few things that seemed to keep it out of the top tier for me weren't really related to Andy/August. Anyway, I can't say enough how amazing the new episode is.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I want to point out how remarkable it is that Matt Besser has somehow bested Scott in the very, very specific improv bit genre of "asking Paul F. Tompkins-as-A Famous Director if something went unsaid because it was, in fact, the n-word."

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

The former pope sounds a lot like Andy Murray.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Tacier posted:

The former pope sounds a lot like Andy Murray.

If he had anything to say about ice trolls I'd swear it was Bjork.

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005
We don't get a lot out of Kevin...

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Matt Besser has the worst music taste of anyone in the world.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

a_big_dog posted:

Harris Wittels likes Phish

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

a_big_dog posted:

I really liked the Ben Lee appearance on I4H, though I have not heard of Ben Lee before.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Harris Wittels likes Phish

So does Besser, doesn't he?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
My god the back end of the August Lindt episode is loving amazing.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Conduit for Sale! posted:

So does Besser, doesn't he?

shhh, my jokes!!

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

I lost my mind at "this killer whale wants to kill people so they do the right thing and they put him in a jail, but anyway" and "you think she had a habit of exaggerating the scope of things? I think I get where you're going." I went insane from laughing too much. I'm a crazy person now. Bye.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The August Lindt episode may be the best podcast I've ever heard. I always delete podcasts when I'm done but this one I'm thinking of saving. Also, H.R. Giger needs to show up on CBB, if not have his own show.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

a_big_dog posted:

He likes some real cool garagey stuff but overall, ya kind of an old guy.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

FitFortDanga posted:

The August Lindt episode may be the best podcast I've ever heard. I always delete podcasts when I'm done but this one I'm thinking of saving. Also, H.R. Giger needs to show up on CBB, if not have his own show.

Matt Gourley's played him on Superego a lot.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
All of the denver talk was unreal in he latest Andy Daly podcast. Geiger being on CBB would be great also, scott is always good at asking questions to draw amazing answers out of characters like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

You're doing it wrong man