Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
drat no studio of Let's Get Divorced there, was hoping for that one.

What do people think of Moistboyz 5? Lots of good stuff on there, Chickendick is the most Ween sounding song I think Moistboyz have done. Can just imagine how delighted Mickey must have been at getting to yell out "Chickendick!" in a song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Aaron posted 7 synthetic socks tracks to his soundcloud. Really good quality for what it is. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

https://soundcloud.com/a-freeman

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Merry Xmas cd from the guy doing the Boognish Rising documentary.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pu0t66la2dd3inl/YBg9R7o-P7

Globochem
Jul 19, 2003
We own everything so you don't have to.

thepokey posted:

drat no studio of Let's Get Divorced there, was hoping for that one.

What do people think of Moistboyz 5? Lots of good stuff on there, Chickendick is the most Ween sounding song I think Moistboyz have done. Can just imagine how delighted Mickey must have been at getting to yell out "Chickendick!" in a song.

I'm loving it. I listened to it once when it first came out and I was kinda 'eh,' but I gave it another shot and now I bought the LP and have listened to it like nine times already. It's got more diverse sounds than most Moistboyz records, I think it'd surprise most people who haven't listened to them in a while.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

So the 'Dean Ween Group' is playing in Baltimore on March 22. I'm going to do my best to see them.

quote:

THE DEAN WEEN GROUP
SATELLITE HEARTS
+ GUESTS TBA

ALL AGES
Tickets onsale Wednesday January 29th at noon
at missiontix.com, Charmington's Cafe
and at Ottobar!

Ween fans and music lovers rejoice! The Dean Ween Group will be performing concerts this spring and summer in advance of a new album release, scheduled for this fall. While between tours in support of his new MOISTBOYZ album, Moistboyz V, Deaner (real name Mickey Melchiondo) is playing concerts with his top notch band the Dean Ween Group, featuring Dave Dreiwitz on bass, Joe Kramer on guitar, Ray Kubian on drums, and longtime collaborator and vocalist for Moistboyz, Guy Heller. Their set features brand new material as well as a handful of Ween classics. If you're a fan of live music and screaming guitar this will be one show that you must see!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dean just released this!

Concerts for Hurricane Sandy–Jersey Shore–2012-2013–
http://036271e.netsolhost.com/WordPress/2014/02/13/concerts-for-hurricane-sandy-jersey-shore-2012-2013-download-now/

Tracklist (soundboard, but all in one mp3 file sadly)

Dickie Betts
It’s Gonna Be a Long Night
1.0 gently caress No
Cracked Actor
Kick Out the Jams
Dragonfly
She Fucks Me
Fire on the Mountain
Piss up A Rope
Captain America
Superstar
High and Mighty
Moonage Daydream

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Holy poo poo that's an awesome set. I got my tickets for the first show at the Ottobar in Baltimore and I can't wait.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I split the file using mp3split without re-encoding and tagged everything. You can download it from my dropbox

edit: Just realized I spelled Dean as "Deen". You can go ahead and fix that yourself. Fixed

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 14, 2014

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BANME.sh posted:

I split the file using mp3split without re-encoding and tagged everything. You can download it from my dropbox

edit: Just realized I spelled Dean as "Deen". You can go ahead and fix that yourself. Fixed

That's awesome, thank you!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

BANME.sh posted:

Thanks so much!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
If I was president I'd make a law where every band was required to put She Fucks Me>Fire on the Mountain in the setlist for every concert.

Why isn't Deaner doing more of these? I'd go to like 10.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Dean Ween Group website, complete with sweet logo that will look killer on a shirt.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

me your dad posted:

Dean Ween Group website, complete with sweet logo that will look killer on a shirt.

3 more isn't enough!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

me your dad posted:

That logo looks like a royal crest and I hope they do something in NYC soon enough.

Mainly I just wanted to flaunt my title text here.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Dean Ween's new band is playing at a brewery's anniversary party up in Northern Michigan at the end of April - the brewery and owner is well known to be obsessed with Ween.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

http://www.shortsbrewing.com/ is the brewery. I've seen a picture of their menu. It's covered with Ween references.

3 weeks til the kickoff tour for DWG in Baltimore!

Dean Ween Band/Whatever doing a live cover Floyd's Echoes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NjalkBq01o

Too bad it's a slideshow but the audio is great. Given that they've done that song live it's going to be really cool to see what they dig out for the DWG shows.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Let's post it!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
That's amazing. Do they just play ween music all day as well then?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
God drat that guy likes ween a lot. I'd probably get food based on how I like the songs and be disappointed in my meal.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Harminoff posted:

That's amazing. Do they just play ween music all day as well then?

Unfortunately they don't, during the day they don't play music and at night they typically have live bands.

MINT WIZARD posted:

God drat that guy likes ween a lot. I'd probably get food based on how I like the songs and be disappointed in my meal.

Their Puerto Rican Power and Pizzas are really good. My girlfriend's parents live near Shorts and I get to go there a few times a year.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjMI-33HBdI

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

quote:

This video is not available in your country.
:v:

Three more days to hear some live Ween songs from the Dean Ween Group :woop:

It's too bad (for me) that it's in Baltimore though since I'll have to keep sobriety in check for the one hour drive home. The friend I'm going with is going to a party earlier that day that I can't make it to and he's going to be absolutely poo poo hammered by the time we head out for the show.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Dean Ween Group killed it last night. They played a similar set as they did the other night in New Hope.

Some highlights:

Gabrielle (sung by Guy Heller, who absolutely owned it)
Piss up a Rope
My Own Bare Hands
It's Gonna be a Long Night
Dickie Betts (the Allman style jam - they opened with this one)
Tear for Eddie
I'll Take It and Break It (my favorite new song they played. Classic Deaner song. I've had this one in my head since last night) EDIT: Video from last night - not mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5d1SGVtK38
Sweet Jane (closed with this one)

Oddly they didn't do an encore. I think this is the first show I've ever seen where the band didn't come back out.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 23, 2014

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Aaron just posted this new interview on Twitter:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gene-ween-no-more-aaron-freemans-new-life-as-a-solo-artist-20140402

Summary:

- New solo album this summer, all original songs
- Ween is definitely over, no hope for a reunion
- Doesn't want to talk about his relationship with Deaner

Speaking about the breakup of Ween, he said "It's like divorce: the only way to get a divorce is you make it final, you move on, and that's the healthiest thing." Then he immediately goes on to say that he's still going to play Ween songs at his solo shows, which is kind of a hypocritical dick move.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Well I mean, I'm sure he wrote a lot of songs in Ween that he's still proud of to this day. If they're his songs, I think he should still play them. And it's nice that he's not just pretending that Ween never happened or anything. The fact that his relationship with Deaner seems so crushed deeply saddens me, though. Seems like he just hates the guy now.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Yeah I'd say that means his relationship with the members of Ween is over but his relationship with the music isn't. Which is sad, even if Ween doesn't get back together it sucks Aaron and Mickey aren't friends, you just sort of want them to still be buds. But who knows, things can always change.

Aaron seems to hold a lot of resentment and Mickey seems oblivious as to what causes that. So I guess the truth is somewhere between Aaron blowing it all out of proportion and there being unresolved misunderstandings and such and Mickey not letting on to personal issues as much as he is. In the end that's their business I guess, but god damnit work it out guys!

Interesting that Aaron seems to do most of his opening up with Rolling Stone mag; wasn't it with them that he officially announced the initial Ween break up too which shocked Mickey?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

The Beatles break up and Paul's the one he looks up to? :sigh:

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not
I'm just so happy to hear from Aaron at all. After the lukewarm reception to Marvelous Clouds, I was sorta terrified he would find he didn't want/need the performing life in sobriety. Or simply that he couldn't do it anymore for Reasons. He said it right there in the interview, he wasn't even sure if he'd cut another album again.

Disheartening as it is to see him clam up on the topic of Deaner, it will make the dream of the Ween reunion all that sweeter. They're brothers in spirit and for that reason alone I hope they mend their fences one day, music notwithstanding.

But there's a proper Aaron Freeman album on the way and that's enough for me!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

What I don't like is that the interviewer has heard some of these songs and I haven't :colbert:

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I'm definitely looking forward to that solo album though tbh I always assumed Ween would be back by like 2015.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

He mentions Ben Vaughn in that article. I had at some point read (or imagined I had read) that that was the same 'Vaughn' as in the Bumblebee lyrics ('weed eating Vaughn's grass') and was looking around online trying to find reference to it when I found a cool old interview with Deaner:

quote:

I have to ask, which of you is the Jethro Tull fan?

That’s all of us, actually. We call it the "regal factor," you know, Fairport Convention, Steel Ice Band, Tull, even the more foul poo poo like Gentle Giant, ELP. We’ve listened to tons and tons of prog rock.

And you came out of it okay!

Not really [laughs]. We haven’t even released the most heinous of that poo poo that we’ve done. We’ve made some very unlistenable prog rock. But we do want to make a record that’s basically one tune in fifteen parts at some point.

We'll never have that :smith:

The interview (here) is pretty interesting. It was right when White Pepper came out.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Found this on the ween forums.

Dean Ween Group 3/22/14 Ballmore

MP3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kxw7nz

FLAC part 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/unub5m
FLAC part 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tes22z

Make suke you click the tic mark not to get the exe.

Has some new songs in it! (is pussy on my pillow new or a cover?)

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I just got a push from Spotify telling me Quebec is now available. Hasn't it been in their catalog?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
How about some FREEMAN the band. http://www.freemantheband.com/

Really enjoying the new track. New album July 22.

http://www.freemantheband.com/

Team Deaner, Team Freeman, what cd will be best?

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 23, 2014

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not

Harminoff posted:

How about some FREEMAN the band. http://www.freemantheband.com/

Really enjoying the new track. New album July 22.

http://www.freemantheband.com/

Team Deaner, Team Freeman, what cd will be best?

Oh man. Yay so much. Freeman is back.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
This song is good. Yay Aaron! About time.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Cool tape photo posted by the Boognish Rising guy on Facebook:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy cow that solo was amazing. Maybe he never needed Mickey afterall!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

me your dad posted:

Cool tape photo posted by the Boognish Rising guy on Facebook:

Yes please. hopefully someday these will make it onto the internet.

Also, you know how some bands have "win vip meet and greet" events? Well Deaner has a "drive me to the airport meet and greet"

quote:

Leaving again tomorrow for Detroit for the anniversary of Short's Brewing Company in Bellaire, MI. Short's have an all Ween themed menu and brewery, with every entree and beer named after a Ween song, album, or lyrical reference. I'm going to be performing Ween's music outdoors w/the Brownouts as the backing band this weekend. And YOU, yes YOU, can drive me to Newark Airport tomorrow around 11:30 am. Now I know what you're thinking, "what did I do to deserve such good luck and fortune to drive Mickey to Newark Airport on Friday afternoon", but listen, you deserve it! So anyway, just send me a message here on Facebook and we can work out the details of you driving me to Newark, what a great way to start the weekend right?

drat that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Harminoff posted:

Also, you know how some bands have "win vip meet and greet" events? Well Deaner has a "drive me to the airport meet and greet"

drat that would be awesome.

I was reading that post to my wife and she said, "what a loser. he has to ask on Facebook for a ride to the airport". I explained that he probably could find a friend to give him a ride but it was a pretty cool opportunity he was throwing out there for a fan (I'd happily drive Deaner to the airport). It'd suck though if he got in a car and the driver/fan was like, 'you mind if we listen to some Ween?'