Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Fuuuuck, got one of those last night just as they went live but notice the '#2'.

Now I lost my chance to flip it for mad cash* :saddowns:

*$2

Favorite public MM play yesterday: Russian guy buys Negev all the time on motel but never, ever wallbangs. Even when we are taking a room where he knows the Ts are camping the hostages he just peeks normally with short controlled burst :psyduck:

We still won but holy crap did that guy waste a lot of money getting killed for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Anyone else been getting a really awful ping on all servers as of late? I mean I know my internet is poo poo and it randomly spikes but on a server where I get a ping of 130 it stays 130 until I join a team where it jumps to 180-200, and when I check the server info from the steam servers list it's 130.

This really fucks up playing the game because it causes rubberbanding.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Cowabanga posted:

Anyone else been getting a really awful ping on all servers as of late? I mean I know my internet is poo poo and it randomly spikes but on a server where I get a ping of 130 it stays 130 until I join a team where it jumps to 180-200, and when I check the server info from the steam servers list it's 130.

This really fucks up playing the game because it causes rubberbanding.

Yep, last two days it's been terrible for me and another guy I play with. Nothing wrong with either of our connections from what we can tell, seems to be something up with the servers.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
Posting to remind Xen to add Star Light Zone to his music mix.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
And more rakohus.

For those unfortunate enough to spectate me last night (Grunt's Party Hat), where am I going so wrong (other than accidentally stepping in front of FetalDave and getting my head blown off in the most spectacular fashion ever?)

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Casull posted:

And more rakohus.

For those unfortunate enough to spectate me last night (Grunt's Party Hat), where am I going so wrong (other than accidentally stepping in front of FetalDave and getting my head blown off in the most spectacular fashion ever?)

Were you the guy playing forklift on cache? You played the same spot like every single round CT side at nearly the same angle. Once I killed you the first few times you should have moved anywhere else that could cover main.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
every time I see request for more bodies for goonman I am already in a MM :(

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Don't MM?

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

But... but... think of the poor hostages :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's not always so bad. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBUcqLaQXA8

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232589257

The theming turned out much cuter than I thought it would :3

Also I made a foil for it since I wanted to try out the tutorial.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 28, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Still can't use anything in my inventory, Valve hasn't got back with me. I can SEE my inventory at all points, but no matter what I select I'm stuck with release day defaults. I can't even use the usp or m4a1 or cz. No skins, no alt weps, despite having them selected. Super weird. Tried everything in the book. There's gotta be something.

FetalDave posted:

Posting to remind Xen to add Star Light Zone to his music mix.

Done. That's not a bad track. Usually not a big fan of sonic tracks.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 28, 2014

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
I have fun with it, till I don't. then I normally take a break. And that is also when goonmans pop up. :v:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

Still can't use anything in my inventory, Valve hasn't got back with me. I can SEE my inventory at all points, but no matter what I select I'm stuck with release day defaults. I can't even use the usp or m4a1 or cz. No skins, no alt weps, despite having them selected. Super weird. Tried everything in the book. There's gotta be something.

Done. That's not a bad track. Usually not a big fan of sonic tracks.

I had this happen a few times. I never did anything to cause it, and it just went away on it's own. It seems like it happened when steam was having trouble.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Apogee15 posted:

I had this happen a few times. I never did anything to cause it, and it just went away on it's own. It seems like it happened when steam was having trouble.

Seems really weird to happen like 5 days in a row, though.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

Seems really weird to happen like 5 days in a row, though.

Yeah, It's happened to me like 3 or so times, and each incident was separated by weeks. So not sure.. *shrug*

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I played competitive MM for the first time, losing 2 matches out of 3, the latter two I played with two dudes I play DayZ mod with, they're fairly new to CS:GO and didn't really do too well, the other dudes in our team just tried to votekick both my mates about once every three rounds or so, I finished top fragger for our team both games and still got called noob a whole lot for failing to get a get clutch kill. People take MM very seriously but I got to say it was a lot of fun despite the lovely attitude of our pubbie teammates.

Pretty fun, will play again. Need to relax a lot more and go for headshots cause I tend to panic and spray despite practicing in deathmatch and trying to avoid those bad habits.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I played competitive MM for the first time, losing 2 matches out of 3, the latter two I played with two dudes I play DayZ mod with, they're fairly new to CS:GO and didn't really do too well, the other dudes in our team just tried to votekick both my mates about once every three rounds or so, I finished top fragger for our team both games and still got called noob a whole lot for failing to get a get clutch kill. People take MM very seriously but I got to say it was a lot of fun despite the lovely attitude of our pubbie teammates.

A funny thing i've noticed after playing around with different accounts at different ranks...

People at the lower ranks get angry a LOT faster than people at higher ranks. You can be top fragging in silver elo, and you miss a clutch and suddenly your entire team is voting to kick you. I mean people get mad at the higher ranks too, but I've definitely noticed it more frequently when i'm smurfing. Maybe it's because there are more trolls at the lower ranks, so people have lower tolerance for any shenanigans.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
That happens a lot playing at the silver elite / silver elite master level, where people think they're a lot better than they are. Even when I'm carrying them hard, I get yelled at by dead people for doing something they think is stupid, or by alive people if they even think I MIGHT be doing something stupid. A dude who hadn't gotten a single kill all match (his score was actually -1, from awping a teammate at mid) yelled at me for a solid minute the other day, because he thought I died pushing planted B site without the rest of the team on cache. I actually got killed rotating to B through T side of mid by 2 Ts hiding in the side area near the toxic barrels you pass on the way to B from T spawn, but he just wasn't having it. People in the upper levels of silver are just so full of themselves and full of poo poo sometimes. It's kind of hilarious when it's not getting you killed. Every time I rank up into nova the communication at that level in MM like a breath of fresh air, but I almost always rank back down when I go back to queueing with friends who are new to the game and still learning the basics. At least it's nice to be ranked lower when we get a 5 stack of silver/low nova goons and steamroll in MM.

arnbiguous fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 1, 2014

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

NTT posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232589257

The theming turned out much cuter than I thought it would :3

Also I made a foil for it since I wanted to try out the tutorial.

Nobody's told you this but I think it's obvious and I want to let you know, this is really amateurish looking. The illustration particularly. Try using a vector image editor for the design and do one with nothing but pure solid colors. It should help you do something that looks more professional if you use it right.

The shading here is really "ten seconds in GIMP" looking, the colors are bad and the text is clearly a really corny free font. I'd suggest removing the text or doing it by hand, or at least using a better free font if you can find one.

Chuggles
Mar 2, 2013

Theresa Frontpage posted:

That happens a lot playing at the silver elite / silver elite master level, where people think they're a lot better than they are.

Welcome to Matchmaking!

I deal with it by not taking what people say too seriously on their calls and just muting them if they get angry. I broke when 4 people were awping mid though :smith:

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
I just had an inferno game where one of my team mates was getting picked every round on T side from a guy pushing banana with a p90. Turns out the CT was a nova in a AK game.

csgo.txt

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I'm getting a var of less than 1 on all EU pinion white label servers. :eyepop:

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Anybody else have an absolutely garbage experience with connecting to matchmaking servers tonight? For about an hour, every time we'd try and queue, when it found a game it would give the "user failed to accept in time" message for everybody on the team, instantly, without even displaying an accept button

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Theresa Frontpage posted:

Anybody else have an absolutely garbage experience with connecting to matchmaking servers tonight? For about an hour, every time we'd try and queue, when it found a game it would give the "user failed to accept in time" message for everybody on the team, instantly, without even displaying an accept button

Yeah, me and a couple other goons were having trouble with that, too. We all restarted steam and it fixed it.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

ShineDog posted:

Can you still Ghetto scope? I remember in 1.6 (Or possibly earlier) you could set up a keybind that dropped sensitivity and hosed around with the FOV to create kind of scopes.

If you are Windows 7 (possibly 8 as well) you can enable the Windows magnifier and it will let you ghetto zoom. It ends up pixelated but 200% zoom + Aug/Krieg scope is pretty hilarious. The key bind is WinKey +/-

Its a similar effect and you lose FOV so really it sucks except for long ranges. Helps to have a large monitor or multiple monitors.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
A spray can for $0.99 with limited uses. Hire me valve.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
We need a new game mode where the terrorists' goal is to spray some dicks to a certain wall on the map.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Liquid Penguins posted:

A spray can for $0.99 with limited uses. Hire me valve.

Yo dude I just paid money to make you feel bad. #rekt

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Replace the hostages with duffel bags full of "contraband" and get rid of terrorists hiding behind hostages. You can't even kill hostages anymore.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Smol posted:

We need a new game mode where the terrorists' goal is to spray some dicks to a certain wall on the map.

Also everyone is wearing rollerblades and its got a Rob Zombie soundtrack.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
:siren: WARNING QQ POST AHEAD :siren:

Silver IV here.

I feel as though my terrible aim is why I am at this level.

I get frustrated with this game almost constantly during MM games because I'm always a little bit to the side of my opponent's head. It's just SO drat hard to hit! Especially when they're just rushing around the corner with a P90 not giving a gently caress because they will spray me down before I ever get a chance to properly aim my shot.

In other words (from 2 pages back)...

Babyface Mingo posted:

Yeah, that's one of those funny things you find in lower ranks that kind of surprise you.

In higher ranks, you wouldn't expect much people to rush through a smoke, much less to rush through a molotov but hey, in lower ranks you're drat wrong if you don't expect someone to come rushing through fire with a p90.

What this guy says is amazingly accurate to my experiences with MM.

3 days ago I spent 2 hours in aim_redline using that bots.cfg thing I found in that one pro's youtube video. I used all sorts of guns and aimed only for the head. I even added net_fakelag to make it more realistic to how I typically get matched (my ping in matches is between 100~250ms on average because I live in Korea and even though I set my ping limit to 150 Valve doesn't give a gently caress sometimes about this).

Yet despite this, when the actual game comes around, I can't hit jack poo poo because everybody is running around like a chicken with their head cut off.

They get headshots while spraying, I shoot them in what I think is the head but the game doesn't care and gives them the instant headshot as soon as they turn to hit me.

The server said that I never hit him at all (nothing in the console log after he turned around and headshotted me). Yet this is what showimpacts says I did to him in the game's demo.

It's just not fair!

... So what do you guys do to instantly headshot people so easily? Because clearly you all can do that since you're all so much higher ranked than me. Even the people I get matched with headshot me faster than I can headshot them. I'm always a pixel off.

And it's not like my crosshair placement is THAT bad. A goon a few pages back even said so himself looking at one of my replay demos when I last posted for advice and feedback on my play. It's just that once they come running around the corner, I can't click on their head as fast as they can turn around and instantly headshot me whilst spraying and running... and then when I try to do the same I can't hit anything!

I try my hardest and despite it looking to me as though I should've hit them, the game says "NOPE" and then I get headshotted immediately afterward. Add to this the fact that I do feel any improvement despite my hours of practicing headshots on aim maps...

This game just isn't fun. At all. :smith:

---

Also, relevant match replay demo in case anyone cares to see evidence:
I am 'sentir'

---

Sorry to stink up the thread a bit. I just wanted to let it out in case anyone else knows how I feel because I really feel like the only one.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 1, 2014

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Love Stole the Day posted:

I am 'sentir'

I'm Master Guardian II, also in the Asian region. Pings are pretty jumpy and unstable for most people not in Singapore. You get used to it after a while. If you're playing a lot recently and having a tough time, just take a break for a few days.

I've watched two rounds of this so far. You do some really weird stuff in the pistol round, and have a super slow reaction to the guy who comes though mid. That should be an instant kill to the back of the head...but you wound up charging straight at the guy. After losing pistol, you buy a UMP(but no armor) and get the drop on two people at mid. Both of them are facing away from you, but instead of just shooting them both in the head, you start running and spraying. There are clearly two people on your screen, you kill one and seem to forget about the other after being flashed.

I think your aim is actually pretty okay, but your reaction time and game sense aren't so great. However, you seem to not be aiming consciously at people. It looks like you see a guy and kind of just put your crosshair near him instead of actually taking the time to put it on the head. I'd say even if it may not translate too well to silver, you should watch a full game or two of higher ranks.

Here's a demo of what Asia looks like a few ranks up.
Half of the other team were on the same team as me the game before(14-1 surrender win), and everyone in this game is MGI, II or Elite with one eagle(?). I'm SPARKY FU and I'm pretty horrible. You actually probably shouldn't watch this or do the things that I do, they're bad. I do dumb poo poo the entire game, especially the first and last few rounds. I don't even know what the gently caress.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I'm not sure. Does that make up for the 99 other times that you're one of the T's getting poo poo on?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

I am 'sentir'

Spend a month playing only deathmatch then play a competitive match and see if anything feels different. Or quit playing because anything over 50 ping is basically not fun to play on. Since you are in Korea maybe start playing League of legends where you can probably get constant sub 20 pings anywhere in the country.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

I am 'sentir'

Master Guardian here, I watched the first half and saw a couple of common things:

Your buying is crazy. UMP without Armor after losing Pistol round(and consecutive rounds).

You have a seriously troubled love affair with running-and-gunning: From the aforementioned Round 1 death throughout the rounds I watched you just kind of ran around spraying almost constantly. The problem is that movement in Counterstrike severely affects the aim and spread of your fire, even in pistols. This combined with the T rifles makes for extremely random accuracy and fire. There's just a ton of instances where you are stationary - you see an enemy, so you start running around non-stop while spraying - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

None of this is to say that you should just sit still and not move while shooting at someone, but you should learn to practice the stutter-step: While not moving tap off a few shots, then strafe a short, random distance and come to a stop to tap off a few more, then repeat. It keeps you moving, so the enemy has to keep adjusting their aim, but it also keeps your firing much more accurate than if you were to fire while moving.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I am 'sentir'

---

I watched the first 8 or so rounds. Here's what I noticed:

-The random ump+no armor buys have got to stop. Just don't do it. It's a really bad gun vs armored opponents, doubly so at low levels where most of your shots are bodyshots. If saving for an AK+armor buy just isn't an option for some unknown reason, buy armor+p250. But you probably don't have a good reason to do that, so save for armor+AK and buy a p250 with no armor. If you aren't comfortable with a p250, well get your rear end into DM and practice with it!

-Are you playing with headphones or speakers? There were a couple spots I noticed where you should have known exactly where someone was based on their footsteps but you just didn't and had to make what appeared to be a surprised reaction to their presence. It seemed like you didn't have headphones on. If everyone is too busy making GBS threads up voice comms and drowning everything out, you can make a keybind to turn it off/on so you can actually hear game sounds. I don't know the exact commands for this, though.

-Less moving, more aiming. As mentioned above, you run and gun when you shouldn't be. Especially if someone isn't even looking at you, stop moving, line up a shot, and click their head.

-In general constantly be asking yourself "If a guy peeks me / runs out at me RIGHT THIS INSTANT, is my crosshair in the right place to shoot his head?" If the answer is no, then put your crosshair in that spot. There were times you had your crosshair in a decent spot, and times when you were looking at the ground or in an otherwise bad/weird/irrelevant spot.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I think: bind "key" "toggle voice_enable 1 0" might work, for turning vice chat off when necessary.

Or bind "key" "voice"

Alias voice "voice_enable 1; voice_enable 0"?

I have it in my config but am in the app and can't get to my machine.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
code:
// toggle voice mute
voice_enable 1
bind PGDN "voice_t"
alias voice_t "voice_off"
alias voice_on "alias voice_t voice_off; voice_enable 1"
alias voice_off "alias voice_t voice_on; voice_enable 0"
Change PGDN to whatever key you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
OK so there's more there than I thought there was heh. and mine also alerts team mates that i've switched voice off so they know they can bitch about me while I lose the round for them.

• Locked thread