Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Well that last episode confirms a huge mutant brawl with all past bad guys as allies. Hopefully we get some Dimension X action soon and this time with some substance.

Neutrinos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LorneReams posted:

I thought this one rocked.

The 2007 film is what brought me back to the franchise.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
If I had a wish list, it could go something like:
  • Triceratons
  • Triceratons
  • Zog
  • Triceratons

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I liked 2003 most of the time but it definitely had a few glaring flaws. Mostly the fact that it could not get over Shredder, holy poo poo. How many times do they "defeat the Shredder once and for all" and then a new one shows up, drat.

The absolutely low point is any scene with Leonardo on that dorky rear end scooter though.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Ladies and gentlemen, a preview you'll all be interested in:

http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/5847277/

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Nice, I hope it's more than just that cameo. I've been waiting for some kind of joke about Rob Paulsen being in the original voice cast.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wasn't expecting much out of this week's episode, but it was every kind of sick!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wasn't expecting much out of this week's episode, but it was every kind of sick!

Yeah this series keeps exceeding my expectations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Next week's episode is already up on Nick's website. Maybe has the best ending to an episode ever.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
That was definitely the best ending ever :roflolmao:

Man I hope we get to see some more of the old school turtles in the future. And I think April called Karai a witch at the end, but it did not sound like that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh yeah, I didn't see it mentioned, but I seriously just noticed that they added Casey to the intro. I went back and he's been there since episode 1 of this season.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Echophonic posted:

Oh yeah, I didn't see it mentioned, but I seriously just noticed that they added Casey to the intro. I went back and he's been there since episode 1 of this season.

Not the first time they've done that I don't think, pretty sure Metalhead was added after his first appearance during season 1.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just gonna leave this here.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Just gonna leave this here.

Ice Cream kitty makes no sense for the rules of the show, BUT ITS loving AWESOME! Mikey Cronenburged the poo poo outta that cat.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Well? People wanted a good guy mutant.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

MrJacobs posted:

Ice Cream kitty makes no sense for the rules of the show, BUT ITS loving AWESOME! Mikey Cronenburged the poo poo outta that cat.

I think they get to fudge the effects of mutegen since the Kraang have altered it since the turtles were "born". Still odd that April's dad loses his mind but Dogpound and fishface didn't.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Mutagen man also lost his mind, and several animals actually got smarter. And the roach had tech on it that evolved too.

If you haven't noticed, mutagen in this show is pretty much chaos magic.
It's always been an impossible crazy thing so it's alright with me if they run with it and make it do whatever the hell they want it to.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"It's space-worm juice, I ain't gotta explain poo poo."

Ice Cream Kitty is sick in an awesome way, Mikey licking it constantly is sick in a sick way, which is awesome.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inkspot posted:

There were a lot of R2-D2 references.

Next week's episode has lots of obvious Dune references but it got a twofer when Tiger Claw did a Boba Fett and got sarlacc'd by a Spice Worm.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Next week's episode has lots of obvious Dune references but it got a twofer when Tiger Claw did a Boba Fett and got sarlacc'd by a Spice Worm.

Aces, I just read Dune and am down for any visual representation of it that doesn't call on me to watch the Alan Smitty movie.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Here's the ending to next week's episode for those who don't live in the USA. Linked instead of embedded in case you don't want to ruin the surprise.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
How does this show just keep getting better? :syoon:

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

How on Earth does this show have such good writing? Granted, at 31 I don't watch any cartoons beyond TMNT and South Park, but I've seen pieces of a handful of other current cartoons my niece watches, and none of those cartoons have the kind of writing TMNT has.

As mentioned before, the amount of Cronenbergesque body horror in this show is surprising and hilarious,

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hypersleep posted:

How on Earth does this show have such good writing? Granted, at 31 I don't watch any cartoons beyond TMNT and South Park, but I've seen pieces of a handful of other current cartoons my niece watches, and none of those cartoons have the kind of writing TMNT has.

As mentioned before, the amount of Cronenbergesque body horror in this show is surprising and hilarious,

Gravity Falls has remarkably good writing.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

hypersleep posted:

You should give Archer and Bob's Burgers a chance.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Well I thought this was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLXlW79og4

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist
TMNT Revoltech say whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Is it okay to pretend I'm 3-8 years old again and buy all those? Then maybe I'll get some TMNT underwear... nah.

If my house hadn't burned down two years ago I'd probably still have all of my old toys. For some reason I had 3 giant bins in the basement full of old action figures and stuff. I'm pretty sure there were some old TMNT action figures in there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PureRok posted:

Is it okay to pretend I'm 3-8 years old again and buy all those? Then maybe I'll get some TMNT underwear... nah.

If my house hadn't burned down two years ago I'd probably still have all of my old toys. For some reason I had 3 giant bins in the basement full of old action figures and stuff. I'm pretty sure there were some old TMNT action figures in there.

Most 3-8 year olds don't have $50 for a single figure.

That's how much I was told they would run when I expressed a need for them.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Wow, you can even place Raph's Sais between his fingers.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So I just caught up on the last few episodes.

Did they actually get the 80s cartoon cast back for a 10 second cameo? That's amazing.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Some Numbers posted:

So I just caught up on the last few episodes.

Did they actually get the 80s cartoon cast back for a 10 second cameo? That's amazing.

Yes.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's not like that's the first time that's been done.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's not like that's the first time that's been done.

Those weren't the 80s cartoon guys though. I know one of them was Dan Green who voiced Yugi.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
This release schedule is retarded as all hell. Is it safe to assume there will be around 25 weeks worth of delays interspersed before this season ends?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Toadsniff posted:

This release schedule is retarded as all hell. Is it safe to assume there will be around 25 weeks worth of delays interspersed before this season ends?

At least it's not Gravity Falls.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
So what did people think of the new movie trailer?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
It's what the Spaniards call el terriblé.

The CD thread has provided some good discussion on the older movies amidst the sea of Shrek and SMB photoshops (which were hilarious).

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I honestly believe the movie will be remembered like the Mario Bros. movie by children, just this awful, random, nonsensical adaption of something they love.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

El Tortuga posted:

I honestly believe the movie will be remembered like the Mario Bros. movie by children, just this awful, random, nonsensical adaption of something they love.

I love the Mario Bros movie! It's a great bad movie. It has a similar vibe that some 80s and early 90s Hong Kong movies that were loosely based on animes have. It took the source material and smashed it together with a bunch of completely unrelated, ridiculous 80s sci-fi/fantasy stuff, and the result was glorious.

Gloriously bad, anyway.

• Locked thread