Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Astro7x posted:

So is the Austin special tomorrow juste a DVD of his rebranded?

That's what all the Beyond the Ring episodes are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

Yep, I can too on PC.

Here is next week's Wrestlemania Rewind: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31379409

I can see the Austin: Beyond The Ring, but it permabuffers for me, and I don't have the patience to wait and see if it loads.

Just use the schedule, and jump to Monday and the rest of next week

I'm watching the Austin BTR on my Apple TV and it is great.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

You know this whole "Flair's neck is hosed up, if he gets hit too much he could be crippled for life!!!" angle and championship match at GAB '89 where Funk piledrives him over and over kinda has new meaning in this post-Steve Austin world.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
I thought this was supposed to have the wrestler documentaries? I've been looking for CM Punk: Best in the World, but can't find it. I saw on another website it was supposed to be on Netflix too, but I couldn't find it there either.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

sleepingbuddha posted:

I thought this was supposed to have the wrestler documentaries? I've been looking for CM Punk: Best in the World, but can't find it. I saw on another website it was supposed to be on Netflix too, but I couldn't find it there either.

It was posted earlier that WWE is withholding some things during the free preview, so that people who are in this only for free stuff don't have access to everything for free. As far as it being on Netflix, it was on there last year for a long time, but some of their documentaries have gone down, and I remember hearing that soon, there won't be any WWE DVDs on Netflix for exclusivity reasons.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

sleepingbuddha posted:

Netflix cycles their stuff out regularly, including the WWE material they have. Best in the World dropped off of Netflix a few months ago, but there is a LOVELY Triple H doc on there now...

I don't think it was ever established that there would be straight-up wrestler docs on the Network, but if there was, you can probably throw it into that nebulous "soon to be added" pile, like Nitros, SNMEs and MSG shows.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Someone else posted about ONS 96 earlier so I am watching it for the first time, only the Cena RVD match for now. This is awesome and this is wrestling. I think this is perfect and wouldn't have a problem letting my imaginary teenage son watch this kind of content. The perfect 'attitude era' would be 'mature content' like this, not censoring the crowd, even acknowledging it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

AKA Driver posted:

I don't think it was ever established that there would be straight-up wrestler docs on the Network, but if there was, you can probably throw it into that nebulous "soon to be added" pile, like Nitros, SNMEs and MSG shows.

Beyond the Ring are the wrestler documentaries.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I think the main event of Starrcade 1996 was the last time I saw someone win a match with the sleeper hold.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Gonz posted:

I think the main event of Starrcade 1996 was the last time I saw someone win a match with the sleeper hold.

Didn't Dolph Ziggler win a bunch of matches by sleeper for like a month or two?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Stall_19 posted:

Man, 2000 Bash at the Beach sure was something. Geez.

I'm watching it right now and it's really confusing. As someone who never watched WCW I have no idea what's going on. Can someone tell me what Russo's on screen character is supposed to be?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

I'm watching it right now and it's really confusing. As someone who never watched WCW I have no idea what's going on. Can someone tell me what Russo's on screen character is supposed to be?

He's Vince Russo, the booker.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That makes... you know what, never mind.

Can you get disqualified in WCW? Cause I've seen two occasions of dudes right in front of ref and nothing comes of it. Once when Stiener jumps Nash during his match with Goldberg and later when Jarret low blows Booker T in the main event.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

Can you get disqualified in WCW? Cause I've seen two occasions of dudes right in front of ref and nothing comes of it. Once when Stiener jumps Nash during his match with Goldberg and later when Jarret low blows Booker T in the main event.

2000 WCW? Nothing matters and it's all bad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

2000 WCW? Nothing matters and it's all bad.

2000 WCW is worth watching just to remind you that no matter how bad we all might think WWE is right now, it could be so much worse. As if TNA wasn't reminding us of that every week...

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

During the opening segment from the inaugural episode of Smackdown, I counted three instances of HHH saying "the fact of the matter is..." Quality mic work.

Mr. Kennedy
May 24, 2003

I weigh in tonight at an astonishing 242 lbs. From Green Bay Wisconsin, MISTER KENNEDY!!!!!!! KENNEDY...
Is anyone else having problems with anything on demand with firefox? They show the 5 second clip showing the rating, then it just freezes and stalls trying to load the video. Works fine in chrome or any other browser, just firefox cant handle the switch between videos. The live stream works fine, its just switching from one video to another i guess.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Deadpool posted:

I don't know if you can do this on other devices, or the PC, but on the ipad I can watch some stuff scheduled for the future that's not in on demand yet. Like the second episodes of Wrestlemania Rewind and Beyond the Ring. The episode of Smackdown with Arnold Schwarzenegger. And an MSG show with Andre vs Kamala in a steel cage. It's kind of hit and miss on stuff depending on the time you pick.

Thanks for the heads up Deadpool. Just got done with WrestleMania Rewind on the iPad and it was pretty good stuff and neat to hear Gary Thorne do the voice overs for. After the first two count Andre gets on Hogan you can clearly hear Heenan yell "That was 3 rear end in a top hat!". Always fun finding new things you never caught before on previous watches as someone mentioned earlier. I kind of wish they would make this episode for example where it's applicable a little longer and cover a few other matches as well. Savage vs. Steamboat could have been cool to hear some insight on as well as seeing the build leading up to it. Also Piper vs. Adonis which is easily the second best match on the card which isn't saying much but the psychology is fantastic and hats off to Jimmy Hart who bumps all over the place during that match for the time. This was supposed to be Pipers last match.

I'm betting they skip right over WrestleMamia IV the way this series is going like they did with WrestleMania 2 and go straight into the Mega Powers exploding at WrestleMania V with Hogan vs. Savage for the next episode.

I haven't had any problems at all in the past two days minus the NXT Arrival issues everyone experienced so things are looking up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bearnt! posted:

Thanks for the heads up Deadpool. Just got done with WrestleMania Rewind on the iPad and it was pretty good stuff and neat to hear Gary Thorne do the voice overs for. After the first two count Andre gets on Hogan you can clearly hear Heenan yell "That was 3 rear end in a top hat!". Always fun finding new things you never caught before on previous watches as someone mentioned earlier. I kind of wish they would make this episode for example where it's applicable a little longer and cover a few other matches as well. Savage vs. Steamboat could have been cool to hear some insight on as well as seeing the build leading up to it. Also Piper vs. Adonis which is easily the second best match on the card which isn't saying much but the psychology is fantastic and hats off to Jimmy Hart who bumps all over the place during that match for the time. This was supposed to be Pipers last match.

I'm betting they skip right over WrestleMamia IV the way this series is going like they did with WrestleMania 2 and go straight into the Mega Powers exploding at WrestleMania V with Hogan vs. Savage for the next episode.

I think Savage vs Steamboat is getting its own episode. The whole point of the show is that it only covers one match. And it's not in order.

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006
Rumble 2002 is sad when Flair walks in with his wife and Reid.

So anything I've tried to watch tonight through PC, I haven't been able to scroll through, or go full screen. Is this a problem for anyone else? (East coast goon)

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I'm a UK viewer with a piece of poo poo computer. So I'm relying on my VPN and US Xbox account.

Any further developments on the status of it working on Xbox? I know they said March 3rd, but I'm really hoping before that so I can utilise the gently caress out of it this weekend

modern villian
May 4, 2009
First time watching Bash at the Beach 2000. Not going to lie, if I had seen this live I would have freaked out over Russo's rant. Tony Schivone's 'this is real life folks, slice of life' makes it even better

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I just looked at Bash at the Beach '96 and it looks like they edited out the part where Nash was kicking the fan that charged the ring.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

I just looked at Bash at the Beach '96 and it looks like they edited out the part where Nash was kicking the fan that charged the ring.

Booooooooooo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This Triple H/Rock match at In your house 13 is brutal. God they hate each other. Rock was kinda over too.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mr. Kennedy posted:

Is anyone else having problems with anything on demand with firefox? They show the 5 second clip showing the rating, then it just freezes and stalls trying to load the video. Works fine in chrome or any other browser, just firefox cant handle the switch between videos. The live stream works fine, its just switching from one video to another i guess.

Same exact issue. I usually toss up proxies all the time due to paranoia and I figured that or another add on was my issue. Killed all and did a barebones firefox. Nope. Hated firefox. Thought it might hate mac/linux flavour and so got a Fruend von mir that has a windows machine (DONT JUDGE ME) to try and same ish. Nothing on faq/ help site but this won't be a high priority I'm afraid. Stick to Chrome mate. At least for now.

Love this. I'm a child of ECW and I get to watch most of it. Still waiting for my beloved 1994-96 years with Cactus and Mikey. I want Thunderkiss 65 back in the theme. Always marked out hard for that.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

JT Smiley posted:

I can't believe WCW officials kicked out Bill Clinton :mad:

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

That is odd. I just watched Halloween Havoc '97. This is the PPV that has a Hogan vs. Piper cage match. At the end, there is the fan dressed up with jeans, a black t-shirt, and a Sting mask that scales the cage and gets into the ring. Security doesn't stop him because there is already 30 fake stings hanging out around the arena and they think the fan is part of the script. The camera also stays on this fan unusually long because of this same reason.

Eventually the ref goes over to grab him. Then Hogan and Macho Man see the fan and start wailing on him. They are both amped up on adrenalin because Hogan just finished his match and Savage just jumped off a 25-foot cage. They continue beating the poo poo out of this fan until security finally comes in and tries to drag them off him. Then the PPV fades to black.

It's worth watching the match just for this scene.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

After Bischoff and Russo came back in April of 2000 they instituted a "relaxed DQs" policy where basically everything is legal unless the ref decides it isn't with zero consistency. On Nitro week after week Tony Schiavone would exclaim that DQs are relaxed in the new WCW because the fans have been asking for it, and WCW aims to please.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
If this existed in college I cannot imagine how many times I would have gone out to the bar or a party and then watched old wrestling until 5am. I may or may not have came close to doing this last night and I am allegedly an adult now.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lots of buffering last night trying to watch Savage/Steamboat at WM 3. All other video services worked fine so I was annoyed. Good match though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

well my poo poo is finally working on the roku. seems like most people's poo poo is running fine now

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I've been putting the stream on in the background while I do other poo poo cause it's free for a week so why not?

Tonight, I put one of the 1998 RAWs on as "background". Well, turns out that everything else was background and I feel like a teenager again. Why can't the current product be this compelling? I feel amped right now for the next episode that isn't available. This poo poo really holds up. In some ways it feels more current than current stuff.

Edit: If they can get all the RAW and SMACKDOWN catalogue online ASAP, I think they'll have a ridiculous retention rate for subscriptions. It seems pretty obvious that most people are wanting the old days, so the least they can do is offer a huge back catalogue.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 1, 2014

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I would really love if things were sorted by year so your could piece by piece relive what happened.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does anyone else have problems searching for stuff on the PS3? For starters, the interface sucks because every letter is on a single line rather than a QWERTY display, and moving from letter to letter takes forever.

But aside from that, when I type in a term... nothing seems to happen. Want to grace myself with Robocop this morning, but when I search for Robocop, nothing happens. There's no enter button, there's no "search now" button - the cursor just blinks in the search box forever. I know the show is there, and searching on the website yields the result.

It can't just be me, right?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Edit: If they can get all the RAW and SMACKDOWN catalogue online ASAP, I think they'll have a ridiculous retention rate for subscriptions. It seems pretty obvious that most people are wanting the old days, so the least they can do is offer a huge back catalogue.

I'm hoping for Velocity episodes as well.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'll be interested to see what they add a week from Sunday when they know for sure everyone watching is paying.

E: The last Mania I saw was 27. I hear 28 and 29 are super bad. Are they worth watching?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Undertaker/Punk from 29 is a loving spectacle.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Mr Scumbag posted:

I've been putting the stream on in the background while I do other poo poo cause it's free for a week so why not?

Tonight, I put one of the 1998 RAWs on as "background". Well, turns out that everything else was background and I feel like a teenager again. Why can't the current product be this compelling? I feel amped right now for the next episode that isn't available. This poo poo really holds up. In some ways it feels more current than current stuff.

This may sound like a cop out but the lack of competition really hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I know someone said earlier that WM is rarely a "good" PPV nowadays. The UT matches are worth watching but since its more expensive than other PPVs and it has by far the most hype around it, lots of people whether its other posters online or people I watch it with physically always end up feeling vaguely disappointed after the show is done.

So watch 28/29 for the UT matches but I wouldn't go out of my way for anything else except maybe Punk/Jericho from 28 but even that seems like it shouls have been better.