Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm almost sure that one of the hints when you lose told me that AP is always generated by attacks that destroy tiles unless otherwise stated. Mag NOW's blue doesn't say one way or the other but its a drat 4 turn 13 AP attack that should give me all the AP damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

They're buffing sell ISO prices/nerfing sell HP.
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4110

quote:

The change:

- Sell prices for Comics have been changed. Old -> New
- Common (1*): Same, 100 Iso-8/0 Hero Points
- Uncommon (2*): 125/0 -> 250/0
- Rare (3*): 150/25 -> 500/0
- Legendary (4*): 200/50 -> 1000/0-
Added chance to gain 25 Hero Points from any Standard Comic Pack draw. This is currently set to about the same chance as pulling a 3* character.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Well, he's an easy-to-get 2-star who synergizes well with the most commonly-used color (green). There's no way he's not going to get destroyed pretty soon so we can all scramble to find someone else who isn't poo poo.

Oh yeah duh.

chrisf posted:

They're buffing sell ISO prices/nerfing sell HP.
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4110

This is a good move in one way because it makes it less costly to respec in terms of opportunity cost. I suspect that the overall effect is that we'll have less HP in the long term, though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

messagemode1 posted:

Oh yeah duh.

This is a good move in one way because it makes it less costly to respec in terms of opportunity cost. I suspect that the overall effect is that we'll have less HP in the long term, though.

Suspect? Of course it will mean less HP. Currently you get HP from selling your 3-star covers, which can come from either a lucky token or 3-star cover reward. After the change you'll only be able to get it from a lucky token.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
One of the Devs(IceIX) posted about the times people join PVP tournaments, it could be of interest to anyone trying different join times to hit easier brackets.

quote:

From looking at historicals, most of the Tournaments end up seeing this and it almost never works out for those involved. We tend to get about 65% of our users joining in the first 24 hours of any Tourney/Event, ~15-25% for the next bit, then the rest joining with less than 8 hours left, with most of *those* concentrated in the last couple hours. So statistically, you're likely to run right into that last minute rush of players and end up with a full bracket of players that are doing the same thing you are.

The last couple of hours are crabbing hell anyway. Has trying to hit an easy bracket late in a tournament worked reliably for anyone?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Friendly Fire posted:

One of the Devs(IceIX) posted about the times people join PVP tournaments, it could be of interest to anyone trying different join times to hit easier brackets.

The last couple of hours are crabbing hell anyway. Has trying to hit an easy bracket late in a tournament worked reliably for anyone?

I can't say for sure but I FEEL like I have less active players in the brackets I get when I join in the last 8-10 hours.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Can anyone recommend a good Cap America build?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

John Mirra posted:

Can anyone recommend a good Cap America build?

Easily 3/5/5. The blue and red attacks maxed out are unique in that they can replace any tile no matter what it is. Use them to nullify strike tiles, attack tiles, and even countdown tiles!

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Friendly Fire posted:

The metagame for join times has changed from last minute rush joins to joining mid-way, probably during the last 10-20 hours of a tournament. Your goal is always to avoid people who are doing the exact same thing you're doing and to end up in a bracket full of people who don't play much and are lazy.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Easily 3/5/5. The blue and red attacks maxed out are unique in that they can replace any tile no matter what it is. Use them to nullify strike tiles, attack tiles, and even countdown tiles!

Yeah, 19 AP to use the Yellow skill makes it worthless. You almost always have another character with a better yellow skill anyway. The only time I have used it was against mooks in PVE where Cap had the only yellow skill. PVP tends not to last long enough to gather all that yellow.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

messagemode1 posted:

The metagame for join times has changed from last minute rush joins to joining mid-way, probably during the last 10-20 hours of a tournament. Your goal is always to avoid people who are doing the exact same thing you're doing and to end up in a bracket full of people who don't play much and are lazy.

I tend to try and join at an off time for the tournament. If for example it is ending at 5pm local time, I will start the tourney at say 3am, hoping that most people playing then will not be playing when the tournament ends. It seems to work out ok as I almost always get top 15 finishes and occasionally top 5's. Top score for my bracket this time was a little over 800 when I last checked and that's average from what I see.

I can only really get away with this as I am a shift worker who works both day and night shifts.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I've gotten 9 magneto now covers is the last week and 6 of them were red. And so it begins.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Kjermzs posted:

I've gotten 9 magneto now covers is the last week and 6 of them were red. And so it begins.

The 70k point Punisher was my 6th cover of the week I have sold. The only other 3* I have seen in that time is a Magneto Classic blue from placing top 45.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I made an alliance called 'Hired Goons', join in if you like

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The Empiricist plot thickens.

Checking the skill info in the boost selection screen.

The skill while puzzling away.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

retro sexual posted:

I made an alliance called 'Hired Goons', join in if you like

In as Fezball.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

In as Dr.Boom

Rauthane
Dec 23, 2001
goat!
In as Rauthe.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
In as xenoblaster.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
5/5 all full, good stuff

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Anybody having issues with AI difficulty since the last update? I've been getting stomped by teams I use to roll right through after they trigger multiple giant avalanches from off board.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Call Me Charlie posted:

Anybody having issues with AI difficulty since the last update? I've been getting stomped by teams I use to roll right through after they trigger multiple giant avalanches from off board.

That's what is just bad luck. The AI is still as dumb as a rock. It doesn't even go for five-in-a-row or regular cascades, much less cascades with off-board orbs.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The mission descriptions are getting better I think? Though it doesnt make much sense since 2 can fly and the other teleports. :v:

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
I was starting to think that the ISO-8 Brotherhood quest line has sort of revitalized my interest in the game. Have been tearing up these events with a dumb combo of Mags NOW, CStorm and Psylocke, for whom I have magically gotten one of each cover by sheer dumb luck. Tons of ISO and lots of two star covers from the past few days have improved my meager team.

Then I redeem the four two star tokens I had saved up. Result: two yellow Bag Men, two yellow Caps. That makes it 8 yellow Caps for me now, compared to 3 of the other Cap colors in total.

Oh MPQ, how hard it is to love you.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
With a little less than 12 hours to go in the Iso-8 Saudi Arabia event, I've gotten all 4 rewards in every match I can play - the lone exception being Psylocke's match, since I don't have her - and I'm at 7th. I can only get a max of 74 points if I replay a match for the heck of it. Is there even a chance I'll stay in the top 50?

Kameh fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 2, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Kameh posted:

With a little less than 12 hours to go in the Iso-8 Saudi Arabia event, I've gotten all 4 rewards in every match I can play - the lone exception being Psylocke's match, since I don't have her - and I'm at 7th. I can only get a max of 74 points if I replay a match for the heck of it. Is there even a chance I'll stay in the top 50?

The points will reset before it ends and you will be able to get more.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have to applaud the developers for not including a mission with a high level Juggernaut, Ares, or Ragnarok with a mook charging their green and reds. It is very kind of them.

But they did include Jugs, Rags, Hood. Which is almost as good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My bracket is way too competitive. I'm not managing much better than #100 at the moment. Guess I'll miss out on Black Panther and whatever events he's tied to.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Building up 30 greens for storm works pretty well.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm not sure if I like that the rewards for the latest episodes are heroic tokens and not assault team tokens. On the one hand I'll have less of a chance at more C.Storm/Cap/MagNOW covers; on the other hand, Bagman...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's always like that though for events. The last days always give out heroics, and event special tokens expire with the event. Giving out event tokens will just give you tokens that evaporate? :v:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Woohoo! I'm liking this ISO tax very much, I think.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the iso bonus/tax and nerfing boosts into the ground has really turned pvp around. It's pretty great.

Think I'm going to have to kick the OP around a bit given all the changes of the last few months.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 3, 2014

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Kjermzs posted:

Woohoo! I'm liking this ISO tax very much, I think.

I will support this as you are in my alliance and drat you boy you kick some rear end and get you some covers :argh:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
In what bizarro world are you ranked 70 with ~330 points? I was about rank 150 with that many. Tell me the exact times you join your brackets!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm not sure if I like that the rewards for the latest episodes are heroic tokens and not assault team tokens. On the one hand I'll have less of a chance at more C.Storm/Cap/MagNOW covers; on the other hand, Bagman...

Also, yep, got a Bagman...

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 3, 2014

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
So I just cashed in my Standard tokens from the week's events, and on my final token instead of a cover I was rewarded 25 HP. Is this something I've just never noticed before?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Neat, got a Black Panther out of Fresh Cutz.

And I have no cover slots free. Ooops.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Everything Counts posted:

So I just cashed in my Standard tokens from the week's events, and on my final token instead of a cover I was rewarded 25 HP. Is this something I've just never noticed before?

They added that recently when they changed what you get for selling covers- no HP from selling anymore.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Counts posted:

It is new. They changed the selling price of covers and now they only give you ISO (but more than they used to give). In exchange there is a chance of getting 25 HP from a regular token.

Anyways, this event was excellent for me. I managed to:

Complete the 13 covers for M.Storm, Mags Now, and Cap (with five in yellow)
Get 4 covers for C.Magneto, 3 for OBW, 3 for punisher, and 1 one doom, spidey and hulk

Psylocke also has seven covers and black panther five.

Finally, my insomnia has a positive (I joined brackets at 4:00 am and such).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

- Sell prices for Comics have been changed. Old -> New
- Common (1*): Same, 100 Iso-8/0 Hero Points
- Uncommon (2*): 125/0 -> 250/0
- Rare (3*): 150/25 -> 500/0
- Legendary (4*): 200/50 -> 1000/0

Woop, finally Bag-Man will be of some use.

Now I've saved up 1300 HP, I wonder if I should boost one of my 3*s abilities, or just go for another slot and try go for the elite tourney. :negative:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 3, 2014