Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Limbaugh was all :supaburn: today about how we can't criticize the president because he's black (he does this virtually every broadcast), and at one point said Obama didn't come from the black community since he lived in Hawaii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

Limbaugh was all :supaburn: today about how we can't criticize the president because he's black (he does this virtually every broadcast), and at one point said Obama didn't come from the black community since he lived in Hawaii.

So it's essentially "You're not black enough to care about the social problems facing young inner city blacks!"?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

kik2dagroin posted:

I have heard of that before. Way back when Obama announced his candidacy for president in 2007, there was someone that said he's not black because he wasn't from any African slave ancestry.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

kik2dagroin posted:

The only people I ever hear using the president's skin color as political leverage are conservative whining about liberals using the president's skin color as political leverage. This is always accompanied by complaining that you are not to allowed to criticize Obama, followed by four solid hours of comparing Obama to Hitler*. It's as if Salvador Dali is painting the conservative world view.

* Obama does not come out favorably in these comparisons.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

So it's essentially "You're not black enough to care about the social problems facing young inner city blacks!"?

It's, "You're exactly as black as we need you to be in order justify whatever criticism we are currently flogging. This degree of blackness is subject to change in between sentences, or mid-sentence, if it suits us."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Yeah that's been an ongoing pile of bullshit since the day Oblammo got put into the spotlight. He's either too black to understand white culture or too white to understand black culture, which obviously means he doesn't understand any culture, ever. It's actually a very common thing to hear said about people that are multiracial. It's racist as hell, too. You can't be one but you can't be the other so you can just gently caress right off.

This is part of where the Muslim thing came from. It was easier for a lot of people to swallow the idea that he's Muslim based solely on the fact that he isn't 100% white. Because, as we all know, all white people are Christian and all true Christians are white people. What religion you are is totally, 100% completely based on what race you were born, after all.

What truly amuses me is how often the right wing trots out these talking points while incessantly screaming "Not racist! We're not racist! No, we totally aren't racist!"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

kik2dagroin posted:

Way to catch up on what noted white conservatives Stanley Crouch, Debra Dickerson, et. al. were saying like 7 years ago.:downsbravo:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
BREAKING NEWS: CNN IS VILE DOGSHIT THAT NOBODY SHOULD READ

It's loving awful clickbait and the loving first caption says

quote:

The tea party movement began with loosely knit activist groups, and has become a major player in American politics. It's primarily focused on fiscal issues, but also embraces a range of issues important to conservatives. Click through the following images to learn more about key tea party moments.

But how did the tea party changed politics? I told ohgodwhat that I would have it summed up in two sentences: The tea party is loving awful and filled with racists. Politics is worse because of it.

However, this is what CNN had to say about it:

quote:

Washington (CNN) -- Five years ago, not many people knew of Ted Cruz or sequestration or had seen a tricorne hat.

Today, all are familiar in the political arena because of the tea party movement that emerged in 2009.

For better or worse, the coming together of frustrated conservatives fearing American ruin due to rising debt has altered the national discussion to raise the profile of people and policies previously relegated to the right-wing fringe.

1) Protesting patriots

2) Obamacare fury

3) Republican control of the House

4) Democratic control of the Senate

5) Ted Cruz and Michele Bachmann

6) New vocabulary

7) Poor John

8) IRS targeting

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/27/politics/tea-party-greatest-hits/

For worse, you loving shithead. Cut it out with the "truth is in the middle" horseshit. This is why CNN is loving awful and even more of a loving joke than Fox News. gently caress you Tom Cohen.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

But if the truth is not in the middle they might actually have to spend money on research to find where it is. Do you hate capitalism/America?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

RUSH: I don't have health insurance now. I tell you what, I am ticked off that I have to have health insurance. (interruption) What? You think I'm giving away something? I've never hidden this fact. I am self-insured. I'm self-insured. (interruption) I am on a health care roll. I am on a policy. I just never use it. The staff is just nervous as they can be in there, thinking I have just made a target of myself. Do you think...?

What have I been for 25 years? (interruption) Well, nobody's gonna get away with not paying anything other than friends of Obama.
I wish I was a fly on the wall in that studio when someone was either trying to explain to Rush that yeah, he has insurance through his employer, or when they went to commercial and Rush screamed until his head turned red to never correct him.

This is how Right Wing radio goes, there's almost an audible click when they start gabbling to distract from their idiocy
"I don't have insurance and-what? I do? *click*GarblegarblegoobieboopboopObama terrible bad cronies Washington Muslim *click* Well, Obamacare is Nazism plain and simple!"

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
What's "Poor John"? I googled it and the first result was an Urban Dictionary page. Hmm, I wonder if this is something that has to do with the Tea Party:

quote:

Someone lays on their back and slowly inserts a candle in their rear end while lighting the candle and slowly let the candle wax drip onto their scrotum sack bag.

Doesn't sound like it!

e: I should have actually clicked the link :saddowns: it's John Boehner.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It's actually shithead Arguing 101. "You can't talk about [thing I don't like], you're not [insert related attribute] enough!"

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Phone posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/27/politics/tea-party-greatest-hits/
For worse, you loving shithead. Cut it out with the "truth is in the middle" horseshit. This is why CNN is loving awful and even more of a loving joke than Fox News. gently caress you Tom Cohen.

CNN posted:

[tedcruz.png]
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz launched a 21-hour filibuster in October 2013 in a bid to link defunding Obamacare to federal spending. The standoff over the issue led to a government shutdown the public largely blamed on congressional Republicans.
That is factually wrong, but who gives a gently caress about accuracy from "news" sources these days? :suicide:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kik2dagroin posted:

That is factually wrong, but who gives a gently caress about accuracy from "news" sources these days? :suicide:
Yeah, I'm standing by my stance that CNN is vile dogshit that nobody should ever read.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah that's been an ongoing pile of bullshit since the day Oblammo got put into the spotlight. He's either too black to understand white culture or too white to understand black culture, which obviously means he doesn't understand any culture, ever. It's actually a very common thing to hear said about people that are multiracial. It's racist as hell, too. You can't be one but you can't be the other so you can just gently caress right off.

This is part of where the Muslim thing came from. It was easier for a lot of people to swallow the idea that he's Muslim based solely on the fact that he isn't 100% white. Because, as we all know, all white people are Christian and all true Christians are white people. What religion you are is totally, 100% completely based on what race you were born, after all.

What truly amuses me is how often the right wing trots out these talking points while incessantly screaming "Not racist! We're not racist! No, we totally aren't racist!"

And when he identified as black they cried about how he turned his back on his white heritage, as if the people who threw paper bag parties care about how genetically white the black-looking guy is.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

O'Reilly is going off on "Gangsta rap" again. (What is this 04?)

Is it literally just an excuse to hate on african americans?

I'm being blunt here.

To blame "Jay-Z" on the problems of the inner city is cowardly, and idiotic.

It's bizarre because he literally tried to claim it's the far left trying to "Make money" off of gangsta rap?

...how in the gently caress does that even make any sort of sense?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yes. If Fox News was around in the 50's they'd be complaining about Chuck Berry and his negro rock and roll.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

O'Reilly is going off on "Gangsta rap" again. (What is this 04?)

I'm being blunt here.

To blame "Jay-Z" on the problems of the inner city is cowardly, and idiotic.

It's bizarre because he literally tried to claim it's the far left trying to "Make money" off of gangsta rap?

...how in the gently caress does that even make any sort of sense?

Well, SOMEONE is making money off of gangsta rap and Republicans would never associate with such filth, soooo...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

O'Reilly is shockingly open about his hatred of black people. Not that it's surprising that a right-wing talking head is racist, but I'm consistently amazed at how blunt he is. He's addressing a national audience and doesn't even try to dogwhistle, he just goes on an unironic rant about how black women having too many babies or black people listening to gangsta rap are causing the decline of the american city.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Is not a man entitled to the cake of his dingus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT29nWAzTYY

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I liked the image they present of a Nazi family saying to themselves "I despise Jewish people on as base a level as I can and wish for their destruction, but man they make excellent cakes..."

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Tender Bender posted:

O'Reilly is shockingly open about his hatred of black people. Not that it's surprising that a right-wing talking head is racist, but I'm consistently amazed at how blunt he is. He's addressing a national audience and doesn't even try to dogwhistle, he just goes on an unironic rant about how black women having too many babies or black people listening to gangsta rap are causing the decline of the american city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjUsu2-QMQ :allears:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Man, I hadn't seen that in forever. So loving good.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Tender Bender posted:

This is the same guy who went to a restaurant in Harlem as part of a dare/stunt and came away stunned that black people sit and eat and laugh and dote on their kids in a restaurant like everyone else.

quote:

Discussing his recent dinner with Rev. Al Sharpton at the Harlem restaurant Sylvia's, Bill O'Reilly reported that he "couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." O'Reilly added: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' "
Not one!

Did you know: African-American life is pretty much just one long NWA video?

e: The full segment (via Media Matters)

quote:

O"REILLY: Now, how do we get to this point? Black people in this country understand that they've had a very, very tough go of it, and some of them can get past that, and some of them cannot. I don't think there's a black American who hasn't had a personal insult that they've had to deal with because of the color of their skin. I don't think there's one in the country. So you've got to accept that as being the truth. People deal with that stuff in a variety of ways. Some get bitter. Some say, [unintelligible] "You call me that, I'm gonna be more successful." OK, it depends on the personality.

So it's there. It's there, and I think it's getting better. I think black Americans are starting to think more and more for themselves. They're getting away from the Sharptons and the Jacksons and the people trying to lead them into a race-based culture. They're just trying to figure it out: "Look, I can make it. If I work hard and get educated, I can make it."

You know, I was up in Harlem a few weeks ago, and I actually had dinner with Al Sharpton, who is a very, very interesting guy. And he comes on The Factor a lot, and then I treated him to dinner, because he's made himself available to us, and I felt that I wanted to take him up there. And we went to Sylvia's, a very famous restaurant in Harlem. I had a great time, and all the people up there are tremendously respectful. They all watch The Factor. You know, when Sharpton and I walked in, it was like a big commotion and everything, but everybody was very nice.

And I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship. It was the same, and that's really what this society's all about now here in the U.S.A. There's no difference. There's no difference. There may be a cultural entertainment -- people may gravitate toward different cultural entertainment, but you go down to Little Italy, and you're gonna have that. It has nothing to do with the color of anybody's skin.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Tender Bender posted:

What captures the essence of Bill O'Reilly's racism for me was his recounting of his experience at a predominantly African American restaurant. He's absolutely shocked that the black patrons weren't a bunch of chimps breaking plates and throwing their own feces. You can tell he's legitimately surprised that a group of black people managed to comport themselves like regular human beings. It still remains one of the most deeply racist things I've ever seen, just because you can see the naked deeply seated prejudices of a man who doesn't know any better.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3272978159001/harmful-entertainment-/#sp=show-clips

Here's the link by the way.

"Unsupervised Children".

Okay. To begin with his stupid argument, why is he blaming the entertainers for this stuff? It's not their fault that someone isn't being watched when they were listening to this stuff. It's an insulting argument that shifts real issues away from this and onto phony ones that are irrelevant.

I like how only hip-hop artists are cited in this. I've heard country songs reference sex, and drinking fairly frequently. Yet what does fox do? They not only ignore their lyrics, but they have them on rather frequently as guests on their music shows. Brad Paisley isn't being told to be a better role model to kids, no, no, it's loving JAY Z.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

FMguru posted:

This is the same guy who went to a restaurant in Harlem as part of a dare/stunt and came away stunned that black people sit and eat and laugh and dote on their kids in a restaurant like everyone else.
Not one!

Racist stereotypes were never correct about african americans to begin with, but racism in the media through the 80s-90s reinforced a TON of those awful stereotypes, along with how african americans are portrayed in say, the evening news. It was hard even for anti-racists to not be influenced and have their views of blacks be shaped by those stereotypes.

Nowadays with the internet being what it is and prominent African Americans like PRESIDENT FREAKING OBAMA, those lovely old stereotypes don't sink in as much as they used to.

What I mean by all this is that O'Reilly was always an out of touch racist, but now he's so out of touch I don't even think he's living anywhere remotely near this galaxy. His ignorant views of blacks have pretty much zero bearing on reality, and feel like he's viewing the world from the point of view of 80's-90's racist action movies.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zeroisanumber posted:

Good luck with that. Liam Neeson is basically every middle-aged white guy's fantasy persona by this point.

Not that I mind his success, from all that I've heard Neeson's a genuinely cool dude.

Liam Neeson in reality is the opposite of himself in Taken. (Which is a prequil to Love Actually, I wonder why the son never appeared in Taken?) He got into an argument this week with Jon Stewart this week over the treatment of horses used in New York City. Taking the side that the horses were never asked if they wanted to pull wagons.

Joe Walsh former congressman, and current man who can't read good and would like to do other things good too, went on and on this Thursday (about 12:50 in) about how the the Arizona law is not about being anti-gay. It's about

quote:

This bill, was about one thing. Think about this we can argue we can debate, it was about one thing.
I am a black baker, say, right? I', I'm a black man and I own a bakery. All this bill as about about was this I'm a black baker And, uh, the KKK comes to me and comes to me and says "I wan't you to bake a cake for our KKK wedding."
All this bill said was the government, remember the government? They can't force that black baker to bake a cake at the KKK wedding!
Did you hear that? That's all this bill said the government can't compel that black baker to bake a cake for that KKK wedding.
The next caller? A black man who lived through discrimination calls up, says the law was too vague saying that anyone could decide that group X doesn't deserve freedom and deny them.
Walsh's response was to ask him if the government should force him to bake that cake.

Now you might be wondering: "But Joe, it's not on religious grounds that I'd refuse" to which he'd reply a smug "So you'd force a black baker to bake a KKK cake? WOW!"

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 1, 2014

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
The perfect response:

How many straight people has the gay community lynched in the last 150 years?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Why would a KKK member eat a cake made by a black baker?

Unzip and Attack posted:

The perfect response:

You trust the liberal media to report that number accurately?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Why would a KKK member eat a cake made by a black baker?
"Why would a homosexual couple want to eat a wedding cake made by a bigot? " :smug:

And the answer to the KKK question is: " Is the KKK a gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or race? No? Then it's fair and legal to refuse them service." Be prepared to repeat this several times for their following hypotheticals.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Unzip and Attack posted:

The perfect response:

Can't wait to see someone do everything within their power to argue that it's a non-zero number.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

O'Reilly has always had this weird obsession with black rappers. I get the feeling it's because rap performers are arrogant by nature and Bill himself is arrogant, and it's almost like a racial turf thing, only he takes it extremely personally. The idea that black performers can presume to be as arrogant and egotistical as him seems to really trigger his insecurity.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

MizPiz posted:

Can't wait to see someone do everything within their power to argue that it's a non-zero number.

The gay mafia is lynching all of society at once, using judicial tyranny and the power shoes that match their belts.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The gay mafia doesn't lynch people. Instead, they prefer to seduce them to their side :gay:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

The gay mafia doesn't lynch people. Instead, they prefer to seduce them to their side :gay:

So that's what they mean when the right talks about gays recruiting.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

beatlegs posted:

O'Reilly has always had this weird obsession with black rappers. I get the feeling it's because rap performers are arrogant by nature and Bill himself is arrogant, and it's almost like a racial turf thing, only he takes it extremely personally. The idea that black performers can presume to be as arrogant and egotistical as him seems to really trigger his insecurity.

Excellent observation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_qND7__b70

Make sure to read the comments on Michelle Malkin's post:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/08/14/she-ought-to-be-shot-they-gotta-be-stopped/

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Unzip and Attack posted:

Not enough.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

HootTheOwl posted:

Liam Neeson in reality is the opposite of himself in Taken. (Which is a prequil to Love Actually, I wonder why the son never appeared in Taken?) He got into an argument this week with Jon Stewart this week over the treatment of horses used in New York City. Taking the side that the horses were never asked if they wanted to pull wagons.

Joe Walsh former congressman, and current man who can't read good and would like to do other things good too, went on and on this Thursday (about 12:50 in) about how the the Arizona law is not about being anti-gay. It's about

The next caller? A black man who lived through discrimination calls up, says the law was too vague saying that anyone could decide that group X doesn't deserve freedom and deny them.
Walsh's response was to ask him if the government should force him to bake that cake.

Now you might be wondering: "But Joe, it's not on religious grounds that I'd refuse" to which he'd reply a smug "So you'd force a black baker to bake a KKK cake? WOW!"

Also, The Daily Show's response to O'Reilly's restaurant visit is always fun to watch.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

So they're blatantly comparing gay people with horrible, murderous bigots. Why, that's a reasonable, convincing argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Bakery owners don't have to fear violence and lynchings from gay customers. Also, being a KKK member is a choice, being gay is not. But this is pretty much par for the course from Branco.

Even taking the cartoon at face value:
If they're not being assholes, sure, go ahead and bake them a cake and take their money. Business is business, and their money is just as valid as everyone else's. Hell, go ahead and enjoy the fact that you took money from racist assholes to help your own business, that's how capitalism works.