Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The massage game reminded me of a theory I once had about fashion magazines: they all end with a depraved cannibalistic feast where the women eat the men.
You see, all the women appear to have been starved, and all the men appear to have been oiled! Clearly ready for roasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

The_White_Crane posted:

The massage game reminded me of a theory I once had about fashion magazines: they all end with a depraved cannibalistic feast where the women eat the men.
You see, all the women appear to have been starved, and all the men appear to have been oiled! Clearly ready for roasting.

:nms:http://i.imgur.com/81Xv4Sz.jpg?1:nms:

VVVVVVV
A'ight.

Here, I'll even link to the rest of the comic.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 28, 2014

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Mind tagging that? TIA.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Is that making fun of people who fat shame, or is it making fun of people who are anorexic? I can't tell, because it clearly has the "don't be anorexic" after school message vibe, but then the end makes it seem like anorexia is a joke. Is this just Pewdiepie's newest gimmic: Anorexia "jokes"?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

haplesscardsharp posted:

Is that making fun of people who fat shame, or is it making fun of people who are anorexic? I can't tell, because it clearly has the "don't be anorexic" after school message vibe, but then the end makes it seem like anorexia is a joke. Is this just Pewdiepie's newest gimmic: Anorexia "jokes"?

I dunno. I always thought it was intended to be a generic spooky "Remember that girl you shunned for whatever reason well now she's back and she's going to eeeeeeeeeat youuuuu! OOoOOOoOoO!" story. You see a similar sort of tale in a lot of horror movies.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

haplesscardsharp posted:

It seems like your typical "Don't ostracize people or they'll come back to deal you an ironic death!" horror story.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Devious Vacuum posted:

This so hard!!

I think one of the most important takeaways from this thread is that everybody likes playing dress-up; it's not a "girl" thing, and it's not dumb or bad because it's a "girl" thing. By relegating it to the title of "girly," it limits both what girls AND boys can do, keeping girls from expressing more agency and making boys feel ashamed of any desire to make their character look pretty.

Hell, I've put in hours and hours of playing around with Heromachine; I made a pretty princess, as well as a cybernetic soldier-woman of death and destruction! It's fun!

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Quick question: are you only looking at Flash games or are you thinking of investigating the retro insanity that is PlayFKiss sites?

Also, wasn't there at some point a dress-up type RPG game called Shin Kisekae Monogatari?

DWK
Sep 18, 2009
Now this is my kind of dress up game.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

This game is a thing of beauty. :allears:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Super-beautiful.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

What a good girl game. :allears:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

What a good girl game. :allears:

I was about to say "Hmmm I don't know if this can count as a girl game, it's on Armor Games and that isn't a girl games website, nor is it over the top feminine. But then at the bottom under "related catagories" it says "Dress Up" and "Girl" so yay :haw:

E: Drillerbot is ready to mine

Meis fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 1, 2014

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Jane's Labors posted:

The SAVIOR-XIII was an early project to create a labor suitable for emergency service use, capable of rescuing victims trapped in enclosed spaces or damaged vehicles. In many respects, the design was successful; its strength and adaptable frame, in addition to the two hydraulically operated pincers, allowed it to move almost any obstruction and safely retrieve disaster and accident victims.
It was discontinued however, upon the discovery that its horrifying appearance had caused several heart-attacks, as people who were in already delicate emotional states were suddenly confronted by a gigantic, jet-black, pincer-waving robot bursting through the wall.
Designers at Schaft industries called this outcome "disappointing".

DWK
Sep 18, 2009

Meis posted:

I was about to say "Hmmm I don't know if this can count as a girl game, it's on Armor Games and that isn't a girl games website, nor is it over the top feminine. But then at the bottom under "related catagories" it says "Dress Up" and "Girl" so yay :haw:

That's how I found it. I happened to notice the "girl" tag and was curious. Turn's out there's a bloke called Papa who's big in the time management game world. Well he's eaten up quite a lot of the time I should have spent actually baking instead of cyber-baking anyway.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Meis posted:

Shows what you know. Chicks dig giant robots. :colbert:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

YES! Thank you!

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

hyphz posted:

Quick question: are you only looking at Flash games or are you thinking of investigating the retro insanity that is PlayFKiss sites?

Also, wasn't there at some point a dress-up type RPG game called Shin Kisekae Monogatari?

I don't know anything about this! Maybe I am just too much of a tiny baby, or I just didn't have fast enough internet as a kid. I will look into these things, although of course anyone who wants to is welcome to show them to us as well!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I am a 12 year old boy at heart

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Devious Vacuum posted:

What's this?!?!

:siren: Warning: surgery, incisions, implication of blood :siren:

with Chuuurls and HelmetCondenser

After that first game, I was hoping you'd throw in the nose job game that was kicking around in one of your earlier vids.

edit: Found it, but it might be in a future vid so...spoilers?

PRL412 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 1, 2014

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I don't mean to stifle your creativity friends but those mechs are just impractical and also not pink. How am I supposed to know they're for girls of they aren't pink and glittery? :mad:

The Best Christmas
May 13, 2011

You can put a heart on your cardboard box. That kind of works, right?

dreamy
Nov 1, 2009

Meowjesty posted:

I don't mean to stifle your creativity friends but those mechs are just impractical and also not pink. How am I supposed to know they're for girls of they aren't pink and glittery? :mad:

The chainsaw crotch! Girls love those.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Girl you like them plants?

You can make the most budget of all mecha as well.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Killrrhubarb posted:

Magic Girl, Metal CB

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

The Best Christmas posted:

You can put a heart on your cardboard box. That kind of works, right?

You can also put a swastika on it, for some reason.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Killrrhubarb posted:

All the budget went on the light-pickaxe. :smith:

I actually saw the cord when I played it, but automatically thought it was a reference to Evangelion and didn't even notice that it's a USB cable. I fear this might mean it qualifies as a girl game only because the robots are few inches tops. :( Or there's a big-rear end USB socket around.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Meis posted:

You can also put a swastika on it, for some reason.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, Anime Hitler:

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

I don't think it has enough guns

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I wouldn't mind a Psyduck Alarm Clock.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I love the fact that everyone's jumped on the chance to make their own mechs, and that mine is easily the least ridiculous. :allears:

Killrrhubarb posted:

...With one possible exception. I can see this one actually appearing in an anime or something.

Nice backstory. :)

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 2, 2014

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I like the little heat sinks on this crotch gun. You can do it, little fans :allears:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Yapping Eevee posted:

I love the fact that everyone's jumped on the chance to make their own mechs, and that mine is easily the least ridiculous. :allears:

WE're just enjoying the opportunity to indulge in something that doesn't make us horrible monsters in some way for enjoying. No body shaming. No racism. no *shudder* thinspirationalism. Just pure, uninhibited dressup.

Also crotch weapons.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Killrrhubarb posted:

Those three rocket pods on the back can hold two more rocket pods on top of them. You can fix it man.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Buried alive posted:

Those three rocket pods on the back can hold two more rocket pods on top of them. You can fix it man.

And those missile pods can, themselves, have missile pods on top of them.
Seriously, this dressup game has some sweet stacking.

DWK
Sep 18, 2009
The softer side of Pyramid Head. He just wants friends...

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Well, seeing as you guys asked for it:

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
Just because it's a not pink robot, doesn't mean it can't be pretty. I'm all ready for prom! Who's got the fruit basket?

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
REMOVED

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

O__O posted:

DON'T QUOTE IT, SHITLORD