Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Krowley posted:

Chocolate is poisonous to dogs :woof:

Not if the dog goes and makes a potion of Resist Poison 15013258% for 1902348712071 Seconds. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Hog Butcher posted:

I have a fresh install of Morrowind waiting for Chocolate Pack 1.0. :woof:

Great to hear! I hope version 1.0 does not disappoint. I'm moving as fast as I can to get something that works well and fixes the issues in 0.5. Unfortunately I also have 3 jobs and school. :(

(the bonus is that 3 jobs will let me buy a new, more Morrowind-capable PC in a few months)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Hog Butcher posted:

Not if the dog goes and makes a potion of Resist Poison 15013258% for 1902348712071 Seconds. :v:

Thank God Ogg removed BTB's edits then :colbert:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Oggumogoggum posted:

Great to hear! I hope version 1.0 does not disappoint. I'm moving as fast as I can to get something that works well and fixes the issues in 0.5. Unfortunately I also have 3 jobs and school. :(

(the bonus is that 3 jobs will let me buy a new, more Morrowind-capable PC in a few months)

I think your employers are bungling up your paychecks, man

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Krowley posted:

I think your employers are bungling up your paychecks, man

I dunno, stuff like Distant Lands and the extra-nice shaders that some mods bring can take a lot of resources. My 2010 laptop can't do Distant Lands at anything past the bare minimum specs, I'd imagine that's what Ogg has in mind.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Here's a couple of pictures of some of the work I did on Chocolate UI today.

If you can't notice the differences from vanilla, then good -- that's exactly the point.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I dunno, stuff like Distant Lands and the extra-nice shaders that some mods bring can take a lot of resources. My 2010 laptop can't do Distant Lands at anything past the bare minimum specs, I'd imagine that's what Ogg has in mind.
yeah i have a radeon 6870 and MGSO still gives me less than 10 fps in balmora lmao. morrowind engine is like eldritch-level lovely. it plumbs depths of lovely cyclopean sunken cities of turditutude that no man can look upon with sanity intact, like a version of BYOND that somehow gained sentience and slouched towards bethesda to be born.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

yeah i have a radeon 6870 and MGSO still gives me less than 10 fps in balmora lmao. morrowind engine is like eldritch-level lovely. it plumbs depths of lovely cyclopean sunken cities of turditutude that no man can look upon with sanity intact, like a version of BYOND that somehow gained sentience and slouched towards bethesda to be born.

I don't really want crazy MGSO poo poo, like, things like Better Bodies are nice but I mainly just want really nice textures and meshes.

Aside from like subtle HDR and maybe some lightshafts I am fine with not having crazy distant land because Morrowind is really tiny when you can see it all.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hog Butcher posted:

I don't really want crazy MGSO poo poo, like, things like Better Bodies are nice but I mainly just want really nice textures and meshes.

Aside from like subtle HDR and maybe some lightshafts I am fine with not having crazy distant land because Morrowind is really tiny when you can see it all.

Same, though my laptop can handle texture and mesh updates like BB. It just can't do Distant Lands but I'd also miss the fog if I used that to its fullest.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

yeah the worst part about this is that i have half the really draining stuff off and distant land limited to a few cells away - enough to let me see things that are pretty and far away but not enough to see the entire island, which is boring. i'm guessing the culprit is maybe more morrowind rebirth than anything, which to be honest i'm going to keep using but have to say isn't really that great overall.

Hyphen-B
Nov 28, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Went to change some of the foliage through the MGSO options and somehow my distant statics/lands got corrupted or lost. Every time I try to generate new ones MGExe throws up an unhandled exception. Do I have any options here?

edit: nevermind, just deleted the mge3 directory and replaced it with a fresh download

Hyphen-B fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 3, 2014

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Is it ok to be installing this on my D drive?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Uh, sure? Go hog wild.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
OK the only reason I ask is because I keep getting errors that windows cant find unhandled exceptions when I try installing mgso

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Gonna repost this since I haven't got an answer: So I installed the Overhaul modpack and for some reason I start getting a stuttering audio glitch on the ambient noise, steadily getting louder over the course of 10 minutes before the game crashes and leaves the stuttering audio loop until I restart my comp. Anybody know how to fix this?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

LunarShadow posted:

Gonna repost this since I haven't got an answer: So I installed the Overhaul modpack and for some reason I start getting a stuttering audio glitch on the ambient noise, steadily getting louder over the course of 10 minutes before the game crashes and leaves the stuttering audio loop until I restart my comp. Anybody know how to fix this?

I think that there is a fix for that in Code Patch, which is installed by MGSO.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Has anyone played through Great House Dagoth? How's the writing? I fancy purging some mongrel outlanders from morrowind... as long as its not rapey like LGNPC

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Disco Infiva posted:

I think that there is a fix for that in Code Patch, which is installed by MGSO.

I installed the patch though and it is still happening. It was MGSO that I used.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Has anyone played through Great House Dagoth? How's the writing? I fancy purging some mongrel outlanders from morrowind... as long as its not rapey like LGNPC

It's as good as you're going to get. No real rapey dialogue, sometimes it borders on "bad fanfic" level of writing, but overall p fun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't remember what the good one was between GHD and Sixth House. The good one lets you crash the moon into Vivec's palace, I remember that.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Me either, I'm going to lean towards Sixth House.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Did some looking and it's definitely Great House Dagoth, which is also much better written. Sixth House is fun but buggy and is really cartoonishly evil.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah, if you ever played Servant of the Dawn for Oblivion Sixth House is made by the same exact guy. It's really Evil, whereas GHD takes House Dagoth and treats it the same way Bethesda treats the final convo with Dagoth Ur- realistic methods.

It even has a lot more options available at the end depending on what you do during the storyline. Big spoilers here:

You can ally with Dagoth Ur, betray him and seize ultimate control, or ally with the Tribunal and join their pantheon.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Isn't GHD the one with the lovely transformations into corpus beasts etc. though? I remember it being really buggy and generally not that good.

Also Sixth House has a better Stronghold IIRC, if you're into that sort of thing (it's the biggest selling point to me).

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 4, 2014

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Sixth House has the better stronghold, I'll say flat out, but GHD, I remember, doesn't limit your ability to join the other three Great Houses, so you can still have Tel Uvirith.

GHD has the corprus beasts, but once you get to a certain point you can transform back (spoilers for those who are going 'oh god when will this end' when you become a full-fledged Ash Vampire), and it has the far better writing for people who don't want to be 'evil rear end in a top hat'.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

How do people feel about font replacements? Is this something I should spend time on?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Personally, I like the original fonts, but I'm a nostalgic rear end in a top hat like that who refused to use high texture packs until MGSO came out because I couldn't find one that was Morrowindy enough.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Not a fan of that font. I think the original UI is pretty much perfect though so...

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Postin' here cus I lost where somebody suggested it in the gibbis mw thread, but isn't there something I can do to tweak performance a bit in windows 8 if I'm hardly pushing 15fps in towns? I know this sounds pretty general but it had something to do with styles and options on the executable, if that helps.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006
There's a pirate in your backyard!

Fallen Rib

Oggumogoggum posted:

How do people feel about font replacements? Is this something I should spend time on?

I like your UI changes, but that font looks really rough and kind of aliased. Don't know if it's a filter or something, it's just weird.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Oggumogoggum posted:

I like this one from the OP with the higher-res vanilla font

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36873/

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Krowley posted:

I like this one from the OP with the higher-res vanilla font

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36873/

That'll definitely be in -- Better Dialogue Font is already included in Chocolate UI. If I can't find a font that I (and other people) like enough to dethrone Magic Cards, I'll be keeping the default font.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
To me, the perfect Morrowind font is the default Morrowind font, but bigger. Because the default font is freaking tiny holy poo poo.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

To me, the perfect Morrowind font is the default Morrowind font, but bigger. Because the default font is freaking tiny holy poo poo.

Except in the Journal and the books. Now there's a lot of wasted screensize.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

double nine posted:

Except in the Journal and the books. Now there's a lot of wasted screensize.

The Morrowind Code Patch has an option to make journal and book text much smaller. It works pretty well, but I turned it off because it felt wrong.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
Does anyone have any good suggestions for music mods? I love the music from vanilla, but I'm looking for a little more variety, preferably stuff that fits in with the original stuff.

At present the only additional song I've added was the Katamari Damacy theme for when I'm exploring and it's a wee bit inappropriate, albeit hilarious.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I put the music from Oblivion and Skyrim into my Morrowind music folder. That works really well actually.

Also, my combat music folder is filled with ridiculous, blast-beat driven cookie monster Death Metal. Seeing a mudcrab lazily meander in your direction as Hammer Smashed Face blares through the speakers never gets old.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

supergayboy posted:

Does anyone have any good suggestions for music mods? I love the music from vanilla, but I'm looking for a little more variety, preferably stuff that fits in with the original stuff.

At present the only additional song I've added was the Katamari Damacy theme for when I'm exploring and it's a wee bit inappropriate, albeit hilarious.

The soundtrack from Journey fits really well.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

supergayboy posted:

Honestly, I put a few mp3s of silence in my Explore folder and it helps break up the monotony a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I'm a fan of the Arcanum soundtrack myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajap5zmDog8

Most of it fits pretty well actually.