Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Do Nebelungs count? Too bad, posting him anyway.

This is Jasper and we adore him. :3: He's a little bit persnickity - he'll swat or bite if you bug him too much - but if you know his boundaries he's a sweetest cat in the world. I think it comes from him having been a stray for quite a long time before the shelter picked him up.

He doesn't shed, doesn't spray, knows his name, 'talks' back when you babytalk him, headbutts you if you give him the opportunity when he's up on the counter. He's probably the best cat I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
For the price of one can of wet food per day, you can stop this cat from annoying you until you feed him...

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

For the price of one can of wet food per day, you can stop this cat from annoying you until you feed him...

This one's going to cost a little more...

carpDiem
Jan 1, 2014
Yay black cat thread!

This is my buddy, Pacey, who has changed owners three times while remaining in the same house:

He really like's the baby's play mat, and will sit there on it even while the baby grabs at him.

Before Pacey, I had a chubby gray tabby for about 18 years. I always knew that if I got another cat, it would be a black cat, because they have trouble getting adopted. But my tabby hated other cats intensely, so she and I lived alone for a long time.

Pacey was adopted by my best friend's boyfriend, but when they broke up, the boyfriend left and the cat stayed. Since then, my best friend got two corgis, a husband, and adopted a baby. My cat and I moved in to become the full time nanny. Sadly, my cat died in October from complications related to kidney disease. I was a complete mess for a while, and Pacey just kind of moved into my room, started sleeping with me at night, and following me everywhere. After a few weeks, my friend declared that Pacey is my cat now.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

More black cats needed.

Noobert relaxing.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I love him, I love Noobert so much.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

dissss posted:

Its sad to hear that black (and black and white) cats are difficult to rehome, but come to think of it both our ones were rescues.

Smudge - rescued from a supermarket carpark as a kitten

Milkshake - rescued from a cardboard box left down by the river

I hate to bring down the tone of this thread but I just felt like I need to post this somewhere.

Milkshake was hit by a car last Friday and is no longer with us. It's amazing what an attachment you can get to a pet - while he was never one to come and sit on your lap he was never very far away and had even come to tolerate the occasional cuddle (something that took years for him to come around to).

He was the scardiest, fluffiest, blackest, whitest and gentlest (at least where people were concerned) cat ever and I'm going to miss him terribly :/

---

On a much lighter note here's a bonus picture of my flatmates cat totally ensconced in my duvet (and yes he did scratch the poo poo out of me when I attempted to make the bed around him)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Milkshake, a nice cat. :(

Also why the hell would black and white cats be difficult to rehome? Look at this gentleman I brought back on the weekend!

Uuuuugh he's so cute and gentle its ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZvBuCKE-Zw
And just click on this and you can hear the noise he makes when I pat him! :kimchi:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Sorry about Milkshake, RIP. :(

Cookie's miiirp is adorable! How old is the little guy?

I am currently away from Henry, but I talked to him on Skype.

Licks for all, lemlemlemlemlemlemlemlem :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Sorry about Milkshake, RIP. :(

Cookie's miiirp is adorable! How old is the little guy?

4 years, according to the shelter. He's smaller than my other cat though, who's only 1!

Here's the two of them allegedly playing.

Holden Rodeo
Apr 2, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Uuuuugh he's so cute and gentle its ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZvBuCKE-Zw
And just click on this and you can hear the noise he makes when I pat him! :kimchi:

Dawwww. :3: He's so cute and floofy! I love cat trills.

We adopted Mishka from our local cat centre three years ago. She's black and white too, though she'll deny it because you can't see the white patch on her belly. This year we moved into a house with a yard, and she was comically terrified of it at first - nooooo don't bring me outside - but now she's perfectly at home.

She doesn't eat the veggies, she just sleeps next to them, all curled up in the lettuces.

Waiting for her people to come outside and give her pats and tummy rubs in the grass. She loudly insists.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holden Rodeo posted:

We adopted Mishka from our local cat centre three years ago. She's black and white too, though she'll deny it because you can't see the white patch on her belly. This year we moved into a house with a yard, and she was comically terrified of it at first - nooooo don't bring me outside - but now she's perfectly at home.

Such a cute round face!

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Cross posting from the PYF Cat Pictures thread. It seems to apply to this one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

“Please don’t feed this cat. It enters the store and steals cat food. We told the cat that it was banned but it didn’t listen”

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I am not a cat person in any way shape or form but when I first met my fiancee she had a black cat named chloe that she saved from an abusive home.

I wasn't sure how she'd be as both my fiancee and her roomates described her as a mean cat but she is the absolute sweetest, nicest most awesome cat I've ever met. She never scratches or bites her first instinct is to get away if she's unhappy and she straight up demands petting time when I wake up in the morning. She doesn't like to be touched on her back or picked up, but if you do she'll just meow at you and then walk away if you do it again.

When I come home and put my key in the door I am greeting with a thump on the door followed by a meow as I'm unlocking it. It's adorable. If I don't reach down fast enough to pet her she will actually stand on her hind legs so her head meets my hand faster. She is an awesome cat

Oh and as for her being a mean cat it turns out she only hates my fiancee. She described the cat as mean to her roomates and so they all assumed she was. She's sweet to everyone except my fiancee, who she just runs away from.

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 20, 2014

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Noobert doing his best Superman impression.

Noobert... Exhausted after doing his best Superman impression.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Wally is a nice cat.

Until you give him a bath.

KeturahIshtari
Sep 27, 2006

My baby, Terra, when she was very small:

KeturahIshtari fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 26, 2014

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Silver Nitrate posted:

Until you give him a bath.

He makes me think of..

Royal Hammer
Mar 26, 2014
This is my Rambo, helping me with my laundry and just relaxin'

Rambo has Feline Schizophrenia, so she makes scary noises and dashes around for no reason. We still love her, though!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Lots of pro black cattes in this thread.

Bingley hanging out with his (current) favorite toy in the sun.

superkittenhugs
Sep 8, 2010

Royal Hammer posted:

Rambo has Feline Schizophrenia, so she makes scary noises and dashes around for no reason. We still love her, though!

Did not realize that there was such a thing as Feline Schizophrenia. I'm amazed that it has never been mentioned offhandedly in any of my psychology classes. Do you use any of the depression or anxiety medications, or anti-convulsant therapy? Poor little kitty.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Noobert located an intruder with laser eyes trespassing outside the house.

He then fluffed up to twice his normal size to show the creature just how menacing he was.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

So apparently there's a household love of black cats so we're the local shelter's black cat destination of choice. Here are some pictures over the last few years.

I have no idea how this began but they've started standing like this to beg for anything. And the others have all copied and followed suit.

We pretty much ID them this way, fat young one and fit older one.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Half the time, I look at these pictures and wonder how you guys got a hold of my cat.

Mugging for the camera.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Nyarai posted:

Half the time, I look at these pictures and wonder how you guys got a hold of my cat.

Mugging for the camera.

It's a bit odd sometimes, I've always wondered if one or both of mine were at least mostly a breed. We've never known since we always rescue cats.

Some pictures from their younger years.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
My lump is an American Bombay. You will know them by the insane amount of fur a shorthair cat produces like magic.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

More black cats requested.

Stonut
Sep 12, 2003
Cranky Nympho

My big oaf after his impromptu night on the town. Gus is indoor only, but some time yesterday night he got locked in the basement (probably by a roommate who didn't know he was followed) and made a pretty epic jailbreak. The basement has a cellar door that opens on to the back deck; it's made of metal slats. This 14 pound knucklehead managed to squeeze through the slats and escape. I found a tuft of black fur on inside of the cellar door.

He spent the night outside, I got to worry a lot, and then he returned to sunbeams.

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My lump is an American Bombay. You will know them by the insane amount of fur a shorthair cat produces like magic.

I always wondered whether my cat was a bombay, but now I know for sure. :mad:

Request: more post-bath cat photos! Black cats are hilarious and evil after bathtime.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Obviously the "fat" one of mine has an odd taste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjcczeoWwmU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

xilni posted:

Obviously the "fat" one of mine has an odd taste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjcczeoWwmU

Not odd at all. My cat loves all dairy products -- milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Aren't most cats lactose intolerant?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Geno posted:

Didn't make dairy stop being delicious. My friend has bathroom days on his calender, where he stays home, drinks raw milk and eats farm cheese, and streams a lot of netflix on the toilet. He also has a very nice bathroom in his condo, tasteful granite and travertine everywhere.

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

Tomorrow this giant lovable panther is coming home with us from the shelter. :3:

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Geno posted:

Yogurt in general and greek yogurt in particular has less lactose in it than the milk that made it.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Alpenglow posted:

Tomorrow this giant lovable panther is coming home with us from the shelter. :3:

I approve of this fellow. He looks to have a few years on him, eh?

Box it up.. I'll take it.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

DisMafugga posted:

Box it up.. I'll take it.

oh yes, box cat

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

DisMafugga posted:

He's supposedly 5, and is doing very well so far! Big, playful fellow with generally good manners. :3:

Hulk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Noobert waking up on the radiator. Poor quality, but I considered it a keeper.