Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I'm not sure why Saitama isn't more excited about someone surviving a punch. Hasn't he been looking for a real fight since like the first chapter?

Well yeah but like Saitama isn't so selfish as to let that take precedence over saving the world/A-City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Going back and reading this on the original makes me so much more excited for the fight. I'd forgotten all the details.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He defeated Boros' armor in one punch. Now he's going to defeat Boros himself in one punch. There's no problem here.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I'm not sure why Saitama isn't more excited about someone surviving a punch. Hasn't he been looking for a real fight since like the first chapter?

Ultimately he just sent the dude flying with no evident effort so that he got up again doesn't mean the fight is real yet.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It's not over until large meat-hole is created.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
This isn't the first time he obliterated a guy's armor in one punch and left the wearer relatively unharmed.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
OK :geno:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Saitama not giving any fucks about typical shonen poo poo is the best gag ever, especially when you've got quick sketches paired against gorgeously detailed art.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Can we get that panel sized down to avatar size?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Can we get that panel sized down to avatar size?

Here ya go. :v:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

tlarn posted:

Here ya go. :v:

I kinda wanted the "OK" to be the caption.

If it's too much to ask, could you not have just the :geno: as the pic?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

SgtSteel91 posted:

I kinda wanted the "OK" to be the caption.

If it's too much to ask, could you not have just the :geno: as the pic?

Well okay then. Even scooted it more to the center for ya. :effort:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks man

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Speaking of armor, it's kind of hard to not see Metal Knight as an equivalent to a super paranoid Iron Man / Tony Stark.

He only shows up when he feels like it, and it's never in person, and he's only really interested in developing his own weapons.

ONE spoilers belong in the ONE thread!!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 2, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Binary Badger posted:

And in the original ONE manga

You do realize this isnt the thread for that right?

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Saitama's reaction to ridiculous and powerful events are the best, heck, even his self introduction made me smile. :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, that's one way to prepare calamari I suppose.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Stairmaster posted:

You do realize this isnt the thread for that right?

Yeah, putting the ONE spoiler warning inside the spoiler box is pointless. It gave me enough time to mouse away, but it's gonna get somebody.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Someone with the skill make this into one of those :drat: smileys.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Star Platinum posted:

Someone with the skill make this into one of those :drat: smileys.

How's this?

Edit; timing should be better now.

Popo fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 2, 2014

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That's cool as hell just fyi

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Popo posted:

How's this?

Edit; timing should be better now.

Someone's gotta buy this.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Someone's gotta buy this.

I am seriously considering doing that. is there an :ok: ?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

AtomikKrab posted:

I am seriously considering doing that. is there an :ok: ?

If only you had somehow just found out.

E: Seriously, two things to keep in mind. One, the odds are it will get no use out of this thread. And two, the OK pops up with a jaunty little angle, and has that little tremble, so it looks excited. If you want it to be the unimpressed emoticon, maybe have it fade in slowly from black and have a period? So that you don't have to recognize Saitama to get the right message.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 3, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's no dumber than any other incredibly specific smiley we have so go for it. :bsdsnype:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Mystic Mongol posted:

If only you had somehow just found out.

E: Seriously, two things to keep in mind. One, the odds are it will get no use out of this thread. And two, the OK pops up with a jaunty little angle, and has that little tremble, so it looks excited. If you want it to be the unimpressed emoticon, maybe have it fade in slowly from black and have a period? So that you don't have to recognize Saitama to get the right message.

Yeah, if someone really does buy something like this, the present incarnation doesn't have enough :geno:. That OK shouldn't be giving any fucks at all.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Have the OK slowly fade in, and then a period after it slowly fade in.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Yeah, if someone really does buy something like this, the present incarnation doesn't have enough :geno:. That OK shouldn't be giving any fucks at all.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way. I also vote for this.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mystic Mongol posted:

One, the odds are it will get no use out of this thread.

Uh, yeah it will.

Look at that thing and tell me it's not perfect for any monotone, sarcastic response to something retard somebody says in GBS, or PYF, or anywhere else.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think a OPM version of :geno: would work better. It doesn't work as well when it's a gif.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Mystic Mongol posted:

Agreed on all points. I was trying to hard to emulate :drat: I don't have time right now but I'll whip up another version after college.

My argument against :geno: (and it's vital we have this argument) is that a OPM version would just be the same emote but with flesh tones. Because his head is so round. It's a bald joke.

Unrelated to emote talk but golly, watching Murata drawing the comic is so great. It's well worth keeping the stream open in another tab and checking in every so often.

EDIT:

Longer stare.

Better?

Popo fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 3, 2014

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
It might work better without a fade at all, just quickly pops in and out. The slow fade in/out makes it seem like the OK is being drawn out.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I think the new one works great as an unimpressed emoticon, fund it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Chapter's up in Japanese.

Poor Tank Top Master. He's a nice guy but Tatsumaki just outclasses him. :allears:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

poo poo looks incredible. Holy crap at some of those panels.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

New chapters never fail to deliver. Those panels

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
Waiiiiiiiiiit a second...

Why is Saitama's fight not being shown? Was it like this in the ONE comic? It's the first guy who can take a punch from him and I can't see what's happening :bang:.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
English: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/230291/onepunch-man_ch34.5_by_nerieru-scans/1

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 13, 2014

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Those poor panicking aliens want nothing to do with whatevers going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kuvo posted:

Those poor panicking aliens want nothing to do with whatevers going on.

The epitome of "Dude what the hell, I just work here."