Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Episode 19 just aired, and like, jesus loving christ.

I JUST WATCHED AN AT-ST DELIVER TWO loving RIDER KICKS. AND BARON WON A FIGHT. I'M NOT SURE WHICH IS CRAZIER.

Also, the title for Episode 20 is out, and it's...SOMETHING... Something I wouldn't mouse over unless you're incredibly okay knowing the title for episode 20, because it's a loving doozy. "The End of the World, the Beginning of the Invasion."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Not mousing over since I wait for subs; does episode 20 sound like an episode one should skip seeing the preview of at the end of this week's?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Brother Entropy posted:

Not mousing over since I wait for subs; does episode 20 sound like an episode one should skip seeing the preview of at the end of this week's?

The preview isn't too bad (it's the logical progression of the events at the end up episode 19), but the title is uh...yeah.

Gaim has just been this continuous progression of "man that was an awesome episode" for the past dozen or so episodes, and the newest episode was no different. Will be furiously :f5:ing Over-Time's website tonight and Aesir's tomorrow.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Even the episode with the dance teams wrapping things up and Knuckle's debut was a bunch of fun in spite of what it could have been. I love Urobuchi's style with this so much.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Episode 19 has been subbed.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I'm glad they not drawing out that reveal for the whole show, but drat... that next episode. :stare:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

TurninTrix posted:

I'm glad they not drawing out that reveal for the whole show, but drat... that next episode. :stare:

I was seriously worried that would get dragged out for another month or two. In retrospect it was silly to worry. The Urobuchi train has no brakes, after all.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Sorry this episode was a little delayed, we had to spend an inordinate amount of time ensuring that one of Kaito’s lines didn’t sound like a euphemism for buttsex.

This is a genuine thing that happened, and is genuinely why the release wasn’t out earlier. First world fansubbing problems.

Well I know what i'm looking out for today. Judge me.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I'm sorry, did I just see two tulip Geckos perform the Heaven's Tornado finisher? Am I getting that right?

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

RBX posted:

Well I know what i'm looking out for today. Judge me.

Magenta posted the original lines on his twitter earlier : "What's your plan?" "Attack from their rear. Slipping in through the crack should provide much less resistance than a frontal assault."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Starting the new episode now, and...goddamn, Kouta turned into a complete ninja, didn't he? Flipping around all over the place. This episode is gonna be good.

EDIT: Kouta doing a Rider Kick using the Tulip Hopper was pretty drat awesome.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 24, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Thurm posted:

Magenta posted the original lines on his twitter earlier : "What's your plan?" "Attack from their rear. Slipping in through the crack should provide much less resistance than a frontal assault."

Yeah. That's a line from a 90's Leslie Neilson movie.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't wait for episode 20 and getting a real explanation. The next episode's title was, uh, a bit of a giveaway though.

Once the real situation gets explained, I'm hoping we get to see more agency among the free riders and an end goal beyond "what the hell, Yggdrasil?" At the moment Yggdrasil is just playing around with these kids, mostly for Professor Ryoma's benefit. Soon, though, these kids will have to make real decisions about themselves and their goals like the adults do and not just lash out against a situation they don't really understand. The show likes to remind us of its growing up theme, mostly in the context of preaching at these kids who don't yet actually know what the hell is really going on. Like, you know, kids basically.

I'm looking forward to a fully-informed Kouta taking a stand as an adult morally opposing other adults, not just a kid rebelling against nebulous villainy.

An adult wearing an orange-lemon smoothie outfit, yes, but an adult nonetheless.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What good's being an adult if you don't get to decide what you wear?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Ichigo Arms will be in the Showa vs Heisei movie ...but it has nothing to do with strawberries :)

Also, it seems Toei's announced that there'll be a special crossover between Gaim and ToQger on March 30. Rider 1, 2 and V3 will also appear.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nice jumper Micchy, did your Grandma knit that for you?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sakurazuka posted:

Nice jumper Micchy, did your Grandma knit that for you?

Nah Takatora did. Everyone needs a hobby.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Leper Colon V posted:

What good's being an adult if you don't get to decide what you wear?

Who says he didn't?

:sun:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Kouta can't dress himself. The Doarat Roots Rat Revel, man.

edit: I just found out that jacket is real.

edit 2: I just found out you can actually buy that loving jacket.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 24, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Rei_ posted:

Kouta can't dress himself. The Doarat Roots Rat Revel, man.

edit: I just found out that jacket is real.

edit 2: I just found out you can actually buy that loving jacket.

For the low, low price of only 48,090 yen or about $470. :gonk:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

But after the Eiji Hino Wardrobe Disaster they let him buy that jacket and that's IT. So he has to wear to it all the time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Eiji Hino Wardrobe Disaster
Care to elaborate?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Care to elaborate?

The rumour I always heard (and take this lightly but I always found it funny) was that they let Shu Watanabe pick out his own clothes for playing Eiji Hino, and it supposedly cost them a lot of money.

Edit: while I'm here, scans of Kachidoki Arms

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 25, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

The rumour I always heard (and take this lightly but I always found it funny) was that they let Shu Watanabe pick out his own clothes for playing Eiji Hino, and it supposedly cost them a lot of money.

You'd surprised how much it costs to look like a dirty hippy.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Bravo promotes Bravo merch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6RFHXjMq0w

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Didn't notice his belt sounds also came with a boxing bell, that's great. :haw:

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Kamen Rider Bravo is shaping up to be my favorite season yet.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I can buy that. I mean, who needs blood, right?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This week the suffering intensifies.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Weird it took Takatora spelling it all out for him to realize that hey, maybe a lot of the Inves are people if Hase turned into one. I guess Kouta's a bit thick, but still.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Did Kaito loving join Yggdrasil?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
So the preview images for the the new Jinba Gaim AC figure have revealed an amazingly well hidden gimmick in the armor.

Both shoulder plates and the back plate can unfold for a different energy lockseed. :aaa:

Oh, and here's Gaim's next upgrade if you want to spoil yourself http://i.imgur.com/bA1iQvo.jpg

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 2, 2014

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Here's episode 20.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Apollove posted:

Did Kaito loving join Yggdrasil?

It seems like there's actually two (or three if you count Sagara) factions within Yggdrasil. One seeks to protect humanity by any means; the other seeks to have humanity become stronger by fighting the Invess, at any cost just short of the the eradication of humanity itself. The only other thing right now that's a mystery is the "forbidden fruit" that Sagara and Sid and Ryoma know about

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So, we're basically here now.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

jonjonaug posted:

Ayup, that's just about what it looks like. Hell, it's been heading in that direction for a few episodes now. What an interesting direction to take a Rider War. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jonjonaug posted:

I feel dumb for not getting what this is referencing.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I feel dumb for not getting what this is referencing.

Shin Megami Tensei. The first one on the SNES, to be precise.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Xelkelvos posted:

It seems like there's actually two (or three if you count Sagara) factions within Yggdrasil.
My gut feeling with Sagara is he's a mole working with an outside faction who wants Yggdrasil's research. This episode also brings up some questions about who notMai is. Is she a survivor of the previous civilization, or related with the Helheim phenomenon itself? I think she's tied with Helheim.

To re-iterate a previous point, I'm glad to see that mysteries are being revealed on a regular basis, it's only been 5 episodes since Micchy saw the ruins. Then again, the show seems to be relishing keeping Kouta in the dark about Yuuya :argh: I guess they're keeping that bombshell for the moment it'll do the most damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can Of Worms posted:

My gut feeling with Sagara is he's a mole working with an outside faction who wants Yggdrasil's research. This episode also brings up some questions about who notMai is. Is she a survivor of the previous civilization, or related with the Helheim phenomenon itself? I think she's tied with Helheim.

My personal theory is that she's indeed a member of the previous civilization, and that she basically saw this whole thing happening before: people obtain power, start fighting amongst themselves for who has the greater power/deserves to survive more, everything gets destroyed. In short, she knows fully well what people like Kaito can cause.

In fact, I find it kind of hilarious how Kaito and Ryoma are basically the exact same thing Takatora feared. Instead of uniting, people fight amongst themselves, even when faced with absolute annihilation. Kouta might be too nice for his own sake, but he wouldn't drat the entire world just for his darwinism. Kaito's reaction...clearly proves he's the entire opposite, and Ryoma follows.

I have no idea what Sid and Minato want, but I seriously doubt their goals are the same as Ryoma's. They both want "the forbidden fruit", and think of themselves as having the power to get it. I wouldn't be surprised if they're taking the darwinism to an even greater extreme: I have power, thus I rule. In short, that they're TVN's version of Kaito.

Also seriously, I believe I said this before, but Takatora just gets better each and every episode. He's definitely a good guy, and I like that. He's willing to make sacrifices for the greater good, but he hasn't forgotten said greater good. He needs to find better allies though.

• Locked thread