Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Portals
Apr 18, 2012

EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_I9rE7vUk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Corn Thongs posted:

Avshalom Canyon
fun fact: the biblical avshalom was a good-looking rear end in a top hat who ended up stoned to death by his brother (just like me!). there's a place in israel called avshalom's tomb that was obviously believed to be his grave. for thousands of years it's been customary for visiting jews, muslims and christians alike to throw rocks at the tomb. however, they recently did testing on the site and found that whoever is buried there, they were buried several hundred years after avshalom would have died. so all this time, some poor random dead person has had their grave pelted with rocks every day by three different religions due to a case of mistaken identity, while the real avshalom has presumably been allowed to rest in peace, wherever he is

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

vaguely posted:

my boyfriend's been playing it/watching random internet people play it and seriously the writing and voice acting are cringeworthy bad, it's the adventures of Cool Guy Seriously Everyone Look How Cool He Doesn't Give A gently caress Isn't That Awesome and Hot Lady Who Constantly Needs Rescuing But That's OK Cos She's ~Feisty~ And That Means It's Not Sexist
uggghhhhhhhhhh so bad

old garett's voice acting was awesome, he would just nasally bitch about the cops and his landlord and his friend's girlfriend and then get really psyched about all the money he was going to have after robbing a church

GrrrlSweatshirt fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 2, 2014

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Avshalom posted:

fun fact: the biblical avshalom was a good-looking rear end in a top hat who ended up stoned to death by his brother (just like me!). there's a place in israel called avshalom's tomb that was obviously believed to be his grave. for thousands of years it's been customary for visiting jews, muslims and christians alike to throw rocks at the tomb. however, they recently did testing on the site and found that whoever is buried there, they were buried several hundred years after avshalom would have died. so all this time, some poor random dead person has had their grave pelted with rocks every day by three different religions due to a case of mistaken identity, while the real avshalom has presumably been allowed to rest in peace, wherever he is

probably in your beautifully colorful canyon

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Sharkie posted:

It's from a few pages back, but I'm quoting this because this cat is adorable. Gray cats with champagne markings own forever.

She didn't have any as a tiny kitten

Then as she grew up she kept developing cool colors.

She has always had one white leg, which is how we told her apart from her other littermates and knew she was the one we were taking home.

Bonus picture of leg:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I want a cat :( but fiance is allergic. I should break up w/ him

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Corn Thongs posted:

dogs are better

if he's also allergic to dogs then yeah dump that loser

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
when vanya was a puppy, his ears were fawn-coloured and translucent so when the sunlight hit them they glowed bright yellow. sadly they darkened as he got older, but they're still very handsome brown ears

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Corn Thongs posted:

My boyfriend's allergic, but he's actually okay with our cats. It just took him a while to get used to them when we first brought them home.

He'd be completely fine if he could resist the urge to rub his face in their bellies, but there's Benadryl for that :3:

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Avshalom posted:

when vanya was a puppy, his ears were fawn-coloured and translucent so when the sunlight hit them they glowed bright yellow. sadly they darkened as he got older, but they're still very handsome brown ears

Ahhh coloring changes are adorable.

My other cat looks like she has pink stripes in the right kind of light.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
When Ivan was a kitten, he was dark brown with very faint but distinct tiger stripes. He's entirely black now, though you can still see a little brown when he's in the sun

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Crow Jane posted:

When Ivan was a kitten, he was dark brown with very faint but distinct tiger stripes. He's entirely black now, though you can still see a little brown when he's in the sun
i still believe that vanya and ivan are the same creature in two bodies

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

old garett's voice acting was awesome, he would just nasally bitch about the cops and his landlord and his friend's girlfriend and then get really psyched about all the money he was going to have after robbing a church
The original VO also did double time as a few guards and misc voices and, in the extra levels in Thief Gold, both an opera singer and a guard who mockingly sung songs in the opera. That opera level owned.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

detectivemonkey posted:

She didn't have any as a tiny kitten

Gasp!

Corn Thongs posted:

I can't have pets where I live; I had to let my cat stay with friends in another city so I enjoy them vicariously through browsing this thread and getting email updates.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

Corn Thongs posted:

cats can live 20 years... how many relationships last that long? cats will never make u cry, except out of joy

u know what to do

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
We're your boyfriend now, Corn Thongs.

Kitten update: has returned to her spot in the tree. Face is angled adorably to use side of tree bucket as pillow. This cat has weird/awesome habit of sleeping propped up on something so it looks like she's sitting. She also likes to sleep under the part of your blanket that is pooled on the floor, and it is pretty impressive that we have so far not stepped on her and mushed her.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
yeah i've got my life planned out, it involves a shitload of dogs and other animals and possibly a child if i can obtain one but absolutely no partner under any circumstances. gently caress that. ariel is good enough for me.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

detectivemonkey posted:

also this

:dong:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

My cat used to be black and white and now all the colour you see is fat. He's so fat. His feral brothers and sisters got spayed recently and now they're all fat too. Like little balls of fat fur bounding round the garden and trying to bite me when I feed them, so cute.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shannonmcn posted:

Like little balls of fat fur bounding round the garden and trying to bite me when I feed them, so cute.
my spirit animals :allears:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Don't bite me Avshalom I thought we were friends.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

detectivemonkey posted:

Your deal is acceptable

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I need to crowdsource opinions on haircolor. I am below. My face is an awesome green mug. In a few weeks when my hair needs to be re-dyed, I want to due most of it the regular copper color that it always is, but then do an ombre on the long top part down to blonde-ish. Would this be good or would this be too much stuff in such a small amount of hair?

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 4, 2014

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

that sounds awesome to me det. monkey. I'm plannin on doing some kinda black to purple ombre this week

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

amarantinesky posted:

I was so happy when I was drinking last night and now I'm miserable. Should I become an alcoholic?

why not try it out for a few weeks and see if you like it?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

I was so happy when I was drinking last night and now I'm miserable. Should I become an alcoholic?

Read alcoholic crew first. Forced reading of that thread in middle school would be 100x more effective than any dumb DARE program.

Corn Thongs posted:

that sounds awesome to me det. monkey. I'm plannin on doing some kinda black to purple ombre this week

Thank you :3:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Frozen passed $1bil :cool:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

detectivemonkey posted:

I need to crowdsource opinions on haircolor. I am below. My face is an awesome green mug. In a few weeks when my hair needs to be re-dyed, I want to due most of it the regular copper color that it always is, but then do an ombre on the long top part down to blonde-ish. Would this be good or would this be too much stuff in such a small amount of hair?

I love it. Clashes wonderfully with your green face. I do actually love it tho.

And yes, amarintinesky alcoholism is fun. What are consequences? :j:

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

Frozen passed $1bil :cool:

Did it win that movie song award

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
In re: dadchat, you know the great thing about my crazydad? He's always been super into history and when I was little, he'd read me and my sister history books while we sat on his lap. Now I'm getting my PhD in history. I sent him a card a few Christmases ago that said "This is for my first history teacher" and he was so pleased, he'd just tell anyone who listened about that for weeks.

dad crazy. so what.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

In re: dadchat, you know the great thing about my crazydad? He's always been super into history and when I was little, he'd read me and my sister history books while we sat on his lap. Now I'm getting my PhD in history. I sent him a card a few Christmases ago that said "This is for my first history teacher" and he was so pleased, he'd just tell anyone who listened about that for weeks.

dad crazy. so what.

That's adorable omg :3:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Shannonmcn posted:

That's adorable omg :3:

Like I said, he's crazy but he's trying hard to be a good person. Unlike my dumbass manbaby brother in law, who's (maybe??) mentally normal but has horrible opinions, is a massive sexist, and once locked himself sobbing into the bathroom when he and my mom had an argument about routers.

My dad hates him. You know that joke where the punchline is "I may be crazy but I'm not stupid"? Well my dad may be crazy but he's not a weird manbaby with the worst opinions in the world. Like, you know you've gone wrong with your life decisions when the dude who thinks he's Christ every time he has a psychotic break disapproves of the way you treat his daughter.

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 3, 2014

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

detectivemonkey posted:

Read alcoholic crew first. Forced reading of that thread in middle school would be 100x more effective than any dumb DARE program.

Thank you :3:
The one that's like 5000 pages? Can you just tell us the good stuff?

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

If you might be worse than them I fear for your safety :ohdear:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

amarantinesky posted:

Everyone is miserable, alone, and unable to drive because of DUIs. A few guys try to stop drinking, fail terribly. At the end, some dude took a bunch of benzos and got wasted and posted a picture of himself slicing up his arm.

Good lord, I need to read that thread to the end then. Did it get gassed or something? After a while I didn't see it any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

the first sentence of this is accurate to my current mindset

I dragged myself to the grocery store and here is my recipe for Healthy Ramen Noodles:
1. buy packet of instant ramen, why not, it's 3 for a dollar
2. bemoan your existence
3. microwave mug of water
4. crunch up noodles so they fit in the mug
5. pour in half the packet of powder - the whole packet is way too much sodium come on
6. why are you pretending that this is healthy
7. pour in noodles, let them get soggy
8. eat/drink
9. consider the aching mess that is your body and weep

Portals fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 4, 2014

• Locked thread