Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Good thing I jumped out of my implants clone yesterday to pvp and now have extra days leeway to update my skillqueue before it runs out. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Glad to see I'm not the only one having constant problems with the socket closed error.

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012
Earlier someone accused the members of the JU- Standing Fleet of being overkill in their defence of the ratting grounds of Deklein.
I have no idea what they are talking about....
https://zkillboard.com/detail/37214257/

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Whether or not it's overkill is irrelevant anyway. We let people do whatever they want, and that may include attacking the gangs that tend to show up in Deklein. Some people just like doing that

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Fix Lag posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one having constant problems with the socket closed error.

4 hours now with no skill training. :smithicide:

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Orlando Furioso posted:

Earlier someone accused the members of the JU- Standing Fleet of being overkill in their defence of the ratting grounds of Deklein.
I have no idea what they are talking about....
https://zkillboard.com/detail/37214257/

I'm sure their complaint is related to that neuting Noctis.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

QuarkJets posted:

Whether or not it's overkill is irrelevant anyway. We let people do whatever they want, and that may include attacking the gangs that tend to show up in Deklein. Some people just like doing that

Did you click the link or are you just reacting to the post? Because dude used a 6 billion isk officer smartbomb to kill a single pod.

I'm not judging. Actually think that's hilarious. I wonder if he clicked the wrong button or if he was just feeling ostentatious. I'm imagining this guy lights his cigars by burning thousand dollar bills.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Well I signed up and applied for corp membership. While I'm waiting and I realize this may be a futile question but is there anything I should be looking to do right off? I apparently had propulsion jamming V training on my gallente character when I left so thats active again and lord knows where all my ships are. The only thing I can locate is a tech 2 ship (tier 2? I've lost my vocab for this game too :( ) thats lost off in low sec/null sec behind some other alliances borders from way back when I was trying to stop being a goddamn high sec pubby.

This is somewhat daunting with only the scraps of memories I have of the game from before.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

sulley posted:

Did you click the link or are you just reacting to the post? Because dude used a 6 billion isk officer smartbomb to kill a single pod.

I'm not judging. Actually think that's hilarious. I wonder if he clicked the wrong button or if he was just feeling ostentatious. I'm imagining this guy lights his cigars by burning thousand dollar bills.

Dude used a 6 billion isk officer fitted smartbomb in an avatar to kill a single pod.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Kheldragar posted:

Dude used a 6 billion isk officer fitted smartbomb in an avatar to kill a single pod.

And that avatar was piloted on a laptop made of solid gold.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The guy piloting the titan is a story all by himself.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Kheldragar posted:

Don't be hatin. JU- rolls deep.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

sulley posted:

I'm imagining this guy lights his cigars by burning thousand dollar bills.

Theta lights their cigars off the burning wreck of Escobar's dead carrier of the week.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Get a fleet of about ~50 people down to J-C.
Probed down and warped to a different fleet.
"Oh, they're in a pos." :cripes:

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 2, 2014

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kheldragar posted:

Get a fleet of about ~50 people down to J-C.
Probed down and warped to a different fleet.
"Oh, they're in a pos." :cripes:

That's why the in-system map is useful.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Leo Showers posted:

That makes sense now, I really had no idea what zulu squad is/was until now anyway.

Yeah that's not what Zulu Squad is at all. I have no idea who the guy who thinks the height of comedy is picking a username that is a mash up of "Rhyme" and "Rinocerous" is, but he's posting more poo poo then hits my toilet bowl after a bad curry.

While the ad was pretty low effort that's because I paid the $10 for it and to be honest I still think it was a better spend then anyone paying to read this thread (which is terrible and which is why I usually don't post here).

If you actually want to know what Zulu Squad is then it was actually the Test equivelent of Sigma Squad (i think) in the way it was basically just a social squad with no real purpose.

When Test went through its phase where it committed repeated political suicide, a lot of the older members of Test were Zulu Squad members. Sick of being told their warnings about the lovely direction the alliance was heading in were bitter vet toxic bullshit by players who had been in Test about 2 weeks, the leaders of Zulu Squad left Test to have services etc seprate from ANY political entity.

Zulu Squad isn't a goonfleet clone for several reasons, not least because it doesn't have a leader, doesn't desire to have sov and lose it because we forgot to pay a bill, and we don't even fly together apart from on very rare occasions as we are all different sides of the EVE political spectrum.

Zulu Squad IRC is essentially the mos isley canteena of EVE as there are terrible (and chilled) people from everywhere. CFC, PL, BL, N3 etc. Anyone who starts slinging EVE politics around is basically told to shut the gently caress up as no one wants a Kugu clone.

The forums are full of terrible posters though, so in that specific way I guess it is a goonfleet.com clone. Except you know, people still actually post on the Zulu forums.

I play games like EUIV and Civ with guys from Zulu Squad a hundred times more often than I play EVE with them. It's just a social group of people that play EVE and other video games.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 2, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
All I'm hearing here is "I'm an idiot, and a rejected J4G who, to add insult to injury, doesn't know who Flight of the Conchords are". :allears:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

The Leper Colon V posted:

All I'm hearing here is "I'm an idiot, and a rejected J4G who, to add insult to injury, doesn't know who Flight of the Conchords are". :allears:

Please tell me more about how I have been rejected though please make clear what I've been rejected from first :allears:

E: Typo

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Okay from what was said before I got the impression that Zulu Squad was a pretty chill group but now I see it's full of contains autistic spergs who have to defend their e-honour at the slightest hint of an insult. I apologise in advance to the potentially more chill Zulu members but :wtc:

e: clarification.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

You don't even know what the gently caress you're talking about. It's an embassy channel where people from all over hang out. 99% of the people in the channel are political retards when it comes to 0.0, but it's good for a few laughs here and there. I play planetshit dos with them among other things.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
At least I have established that it's only one guy.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Leo Showers posted:

Okay from what was said before I got the impression that Zulu Squad was a pretty chill group but now I see it's full of contains autistic spergs who have to defend their e-honour at the slightest hint of an insult. I apologise in advance to the potentially more chill Zulu members but :wtc:

Hmm.

If it's full of autistic sperges maybe that guy was right about being a goonfleet clone.

Yeah on second thoughts I take it all back.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I didn't say anything about Zulu. I said that Kitchner is an idiot and a rejected J4G.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leo Showers posted:

It's really a pretty nice place to talk to other people who play EVE, at least the Zulu IRC is. It's the Jabberlon 5, but for the non-diplos to just talk about random poo poo and play other games with each other. Some Goons are on there, TEST, PL, BL, other random groups. Powers is a mod on it if I remember correctly. Kitchner is just being overly defensive.

Also that ad was pretty low effort, especially since there was another group using an ad with the same dude.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

I didn't say anything about Zulu. I said that Kitchner is an idiot and a rejected J4G.

I'm still waiting to found out what I was rejected from. I'm dying to find out.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kitchner posted:

I'm still waiting to found out what I was rejected from. I'm dying to find out.

Look, just :fuckoff:

no one gives a poo poo about you, whatever untreated mental disorder you happen to be suffering from, or any of the drama you're importing and spewing into this thread.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

darth cookie posted:

Look, just :fuckoff:

no one gives a poo poo about you, whatever untreated mental disorder you happen to be suffering from, or any of the drama you're importing and spewing into this thread.

I like how "importing" is the go to fallback when shitbirds start an argument and can't defend it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I like how "importing" is the go to fallback when shitbirds start an argument and can't defend it.

Please quote the post where I started an argument.

I'm not even sure what the gently caress happened in the last 2 pages. As best as I can tell, someone said something about Zulusquad, and then another someone got mad about it, and then the first someone got shouted down for being ignorant.

None of which was worth reading about, and should be buried as quickly as possible.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

Please quote the post where I started an argument.

I'm not even sure what the gently caress happened in the last 2 pages. As best as I can tell, someone said something about Zulusquad, and then another someone got mad about it, and then the first someone got shouted down for being ignorant.

None of which was worth reading about, and should be buried as quickly as possible.

So how about that AFK Cloaking? :v:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

So how about that AFK Cloaking? :v:

I know you're joking, but I would literally rather have that old, rehashed argument over whatever the gently caress has happened till now.

So yes, how bout that AFK cloaking? :v:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In other news, today the Baltecfleet Apocalypse was revealed along with the new "Cattlecruisers" skirmish doctrine, with the debut of the Doctrine Megathread Mk IV. But the best part of the new thread is the link to the new name and shame thread, which is where denied reimbursement claims will be sent as a general callout for people who cannot follow instructions.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
It was a stupid ad, it only cost you $10, nobody really cares, don't be so defensive. Also, you weren't even responding to the right person (rhymenoseros only said "dumb pubbie poo poo in video form", which it is, and never once commented on zulu squad itself). This thread gets bad enough already without some kind of pubbie vs true goon debate started over a 5 second in-joke youtube clip.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

It feels like 'importing' drama because a defensive wall of text suddenly appeared when one person called zulu squad a GS cargo cult, when nobody really cares except you two. If you're going to post on SA, even in the little spergy Eve corner, at least learn that giant defensive seriousposts are not going to have the desired result.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Lyris come hellcamp BL some more I don't want to move my cap today

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
this thread is lame when goonfleet isn't at war, you guys need to have a falling out with one of your allies

the sooner the better

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doublestep posted:

Lyris come hellcamp BL some more I don't want to move my cap today

I was thinking of Siege Fleeting some towers today, actually.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT

OBi posted:

this thread is lame when goonfleet isn't at war, you guys need to have a falling out with one of your allies

the sooner the better

For all the hate they give TEST at least we caused a war.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FoF posted:

For all the hate they give TEST at least we caused a war.

I don't think you can call "getting redtexted and banned" a war.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Nietzschean posted:

In other news, today the Baltecfleet Apocalypse was revealed along with the new "Cattlecruisers" skirmish doctrine, with the debut of the Doctrine Megathread Mk IV. But the best part of the new thread is the link to the new name and shame thread, which is where denied reimbursement claims will be sent as a general callout for people who cannot follow instructions.

The best part is the aggressively offensive Comic Sans used in the posts. It's not enough to learn what not to do by seeing an embarrassing lossmail, it must be physically painful so that people develop a Pavlovian-esque negative response to poor fitting choices.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

OBi posted:

the sooner the better

Just wait. Vale is looking less than stable these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerrineClostermann posted:

I don't think you can call "getting redtexted and banned" a war.

No, you see TESTs new gimmick is to claim they're the people who "moved EVE." Everything in EVE over that past few years has revolved around what TEST does, clearly.

• Locked thread