Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think Zephyr is some of the most fun I've had in Warframe in ages, Tailwind is pretty loving fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

That's a lot of misspellings of Nyx chaos ability

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
The problem with chaos is you can't recast it until everything affected by it is dead or it wears off, which doesn't cut it when your target can die in seconds.

Kitty Fantastico
Nov 26, 2005

Fleeting Expertise sorts that out.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Fleeting Expertise initially seems like it would be bad on Nyx because all of her abilities (no, Psychic Bolts doesn't count) are duration based, but Mind Control is longer than necessary and you generally want Chaos and Absorb to be shorter. Shorter Chaos means you can keep grabbing enemies, and shorter Absorb means it a panic button that doesn't require you to wait a while before you can do something again.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Elysiume posted:

Fleeting Expertise initially seems like it would be bad on Nyx because all of her abilities (no, Psychic Bolts doesn't count) are duration based, but Mind Control is longer than necessary and you generally want Chaos and Absorb to be shorter. Shorter Chaos means you can keep grabbing enemies, and shorter Absorb means it a panic button that doesn't require you to wait a while before you can do something again.

Does absorb still redirect friendly fire damage? Because that could be powerful as hell if you were playing with people capable of teamwork.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

Does absorb still redirect friendly fire damage? Because that could be powerful as hell if you were playing with people capable of teamwork.

Yup, absorb can be really awesome although most of the time it's just a siren song for every rhino and nova on your team to run over and press 4 so you don't really get to do anything.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The thing with absorb is even if you were to get a bunch of teammates to boost its damage to an incredible level, its explosion radius is pretty lackluster, so most of that damage winds up getting wasted.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Flipswitch posted:

I think Zephyr is some of the most fun I've had in Warframe in ages, Tailwind is pretty loving fun.

Speaking of... we found a fun little bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81Yukzwb9w

:toot: all aboard the ZephyrBoat.

Bonus footage, loving up the Three Stooges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js1vpn4LkQg

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That's a hilarious bug.

also man Lotus does go all Mom on you after you scrag the Grustrag Three. that's hilarious too.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 2, 2014

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:toot: all aboard the ZephyrBoat.

More like ZephyrFloat

It would be great if you can stand on it's back and go for a ride

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Zeph is probably my favorite frame at the moment for everything but Infested. Mobility is king.

That said, her shield is really frustrating when it randomly decides to stop working. It feels like the rng/blockchance happens in large chunks instead of an even dispersion, like it blocks everything for 75% of the duration, then nothing (or almost nothing) for the last bit until it expires. It's weird.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Once the Zephyrboat glitch is triggered, you have very limited movement until you fall into the gap in the middle.

After that, you look normal to yourself and can move normally, but you're still a Zephyrboat to others.

I didn't actually know that when recording, otherwise we'd have recorded the fighting at the end.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If you're running at a (much)lower framerate than the host is, that's why. The host controls whether or not you're invulnerable, so when your power's timer is up on their screen, you become vulnerable to fire, even if the animation is still going on your screen.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Grustrag dudes posted:

Is one of them wearing a scarf?

I love the three stooges.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

occluded posted:

I love the three stooges.

I think the better part of that is we all three were.

Also that I was likely more use with my Wraith Twin Vipers than I was alive with my Latron Prime.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 2, 2014

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think the better part of that is we all three were.

Also that I was likely more use with my Wraith Twin Vipers than I was alive with my Latron Prime.

That's not a scarf, it's a Jat Kittag. And Zephyr's propeller hat.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

That's not a scarf, it's a Jat Kittag. And Zephyr's propeller hat.

I stand corrected!

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
:siren: PS4 Orokin Catalyst BP Alert! Sedena - Madrid, 56 minutes :siren:

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Vauban Systems alert for PC.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
:siren: PC Vauban Systems Blueprint! Jupiter - Carpo, 32 minutes :siren:

:hfive:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
:siren::siren:4300cr! Ara (Mars) | Spy (Infestation) | Distress Call Located | Level: 12-15 :siren::siren:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Ajax posted:

:siren::siren:4300cr! Ara (Mars) | Spy (Infestation) | Distress Call Located | Level: 12-15 :siren::siren:

PC or PS4?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

YeehawMcKickass posted:

:siren: PS4 Orokin Catalyst BP Alert! Sedena - Madrid, 56 minutes :siren:

I had 3 minutes left and quickly logged in to start up the alert. I opened the game and got the notice from the Grineer faction that I got an award for an invasion. Then the game completely greyed out the UI and I couldn't select anything but chat and all I could do was watch the alert go away.

This game really loving tests you sometimes.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

I didn't know alerts were implemented on the ps4 version yet.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Ajax posted:

Sorry, but no one really cares about credit alerts. Especially spy ones.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Grobbit posted:

:siren: PC Vauban Systems Blueprint! Jupiter - Carpo, 32 minutes :siren:

:hfive:

gently caress

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

hooah posted:

:thejoke:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

hooah posted:

:thejoke:

e: how did I not see the post above me, gently caress

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I know I was shitposting, but I'm so bored of reading sirens. Seriously, if anyone is reading this thread to get alert information, there are much better sources. For example, if you're waiting on Vauban pieces, there's an app you can find easily & download and set custom alarms on for whicever alert rewards. There is also http://deathsnacks.com/wf/ which is a great resource.

e: App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WarframeOpenCommunity.AlertSystem

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ajax posted:

I know I was shitposting, but I'm so bored of reading sirens.

Cool, good for you. Maybe you could try just scrolling past them instead of making GBS threads on the people who are posting useful information to the thread?

Thanks.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Cool, good for you. Maybe you could try just scrolling past them instead of making GBS threads on the people who are posting useful information to the thread?

Thanks.

It's obviously working out for you, not having Vauban systems for 5 months.

e: I feel bad, I don't want to be mean. I was talking on mumble the other day about having a contest, but I couldn't think of a good criteria to run it on. So here we go:

Starting from now, running until Sunday 9th March, 11:59pm PST, whoever first posts the greatest number of alerts (alerts that have started at the time of this post are allowed, from before this post time are not allowed), any alert, in our beloved traditional format, sirens and all, I will give 500 plat and 1 Legendary core to. No invasions/infestations, only alerts, of all kinds. Nightmare alerts count for 2 points, non-nightmare 1 point. I'll throw in a consolation prize to second place, my other legendary core (assuming you have the 1 million credits to recieve it). Third place can have 50 plat, or if second prefers the 50 plat over the L-core, third can take the L-core.

Siren-away :yotj:

e2: Realized I can only apply this to PC alerts, as I don't have a reliable way of tracking ps4 alerts (Not that I could give ps4 users the prize anyway)

AndroidHub - 13
Piell - 9
Gestalt Intellect - 5
Conot - 5
AzureRequiem - 3
Sighence - 2
Grobbit - 2
Flipswitch - 1
Ajax - 1

Ajax fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 4, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Cowcaster posted:

The thing with absorb is even if you were to get a bunch of teammates to boost its damage to an incredible level, its explosion radius is pretty lackluster, so most of that damage winds up getting wasted.

And even though you take a bunch more agro, everything shooting at you back up while shooting or finds cover out of the explosion radius, compounding the problem.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

PC: Valkyr Helmet! Saturn - Calypso - 22m.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
:siren: PC: 2900cr, Defense - Vesper (venus) - 60m :siren:

vvv Passburger's right, added to mine.

Ajax fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 3, 2014

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

PC: Valkyr Helmet! Saturn - Calypso - 22m.

Need more sirens...

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
:siren: PC: 6800 credits - Histo (Eris) | Sabotage (Infestation) - 63 minutes remaining :siren:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: PC: Nekros Prime Blueprint, 10720 credits - E-Gate (Venus) | Interception (Infestation) - 12 minutes remaining :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

:siren: :siren: :siren: PC: Fecal Energy Siphon, 6390 credits - GoatsE-Gate (Mars) | Extraction (Corpus) - 122 minutes remaining :siren: :siren: :siren:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ajax posted:

It's obviously working out for you, not having Vauban systems for 5 months.

e: I feel bad, I don't want to be mean. I was talking on mumble the other day about having a contest, but I couldn't think of a good criteria to run it on. So here we go:

Starting from now, running until Sunday 9th March, 11:59pm PST, whoever first posts the greatest number of alerts (alerts that have started at the time of this post are allowed, from before this post time are not allowed), any alert, in our beloved traditional format, sirens and all, I will give 500 plat and 1 Legendary core to. No invasions/infestations, only alerts, of all kinds. Nightmare alerts count for 2 points, non-nightmare 1 point. I'll throw in a consolation prize to second place, my other legendary core (assuming you have the 1 million credits to recieve it). Third place can have 50 plat, or if second prefers the 50 plat over the L-core, third can take the L-core.

Siren-away :yotj:

e2: Realized I can only apply this to PC alerts, as I don't have a reliable way of tracking ps4 alerts (Not that I could give ps4 users the prize anyway)

Flipswitch - 1
Ajax - 1
Piell - 1

Challenge accepted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Mercury_Storm posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: PC: Nekros Prime Blueprint, 10720 credits - E-Gate (Venus) | Interception (Infestation) - 12 minutes remaining :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

:siren: :siren: :siren: PC: Fecal Energy Siphon, 6390 credits - GoatsE-Gate (Mars) | Extraction (Corpus) - 122 minutes remaining :siren: :siren: :siren:

These better count. :colbert: