Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Not sure what happened between last weekend and this one but it was just me, aardmania and Bast today :smith:

If a different time or day works better for people, I'm totally open to changing when we race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
I completely forgot about this and just come online to see that i'm waaaaay late to race, just gonna have to add this as a reminder on my phone.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Cannot Find Server posted:

Not sure what happened between last weekend and this one but it was just me, aardmania and Bast today :smith:

If a different time or day works better for people, I'm totally open to changing when we race.

I'm away this weekend so no Xbox for me - generally Saturday 8pm GMT is fine though

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I realized at 3:45 that I was able to hop on - you guys were on when I checked on xbox.com, and by the time I got everything fired up everyone was offline :(

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Went over to a buddies house and forgot Forza. :/ so we ended up racing through a 100% run of Symphony of the Night instead :/

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Just realized, while looking for a car for the 3500lbs+ monthly rivals event, that you can get the Maserati GTS in matte blue. That means a new matte pink car for my garage, along with the smart fortwo and the Reventon.

Anyone know of any other cars that you can get in matte paint from the Buy Car menu?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Somebody say Gran Turismo?

Also last weekend I was talking to Cube and I cant remember if I've shown this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5bo9N5Q9I

Thats from the aforementioned super-serious sim league a couple of years ago. First flying lap. I completely boned the hairpin and somehow didnt hit anyone. Pinnacle of my career right there.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Nice livery. And that video is crazy, there was a perfect car-sized opening there and you fit right through it.

edit: Just went to the forzamotorsport.net forums for the first time in a while. Looks like the did a re-design. Did they get rid of all the old posts and start from scratch? There were a few topics I was looking for in the tuning section but it looks like there's only one page of threads in there now?

last edit: if someone reads this, send me the Decal/Sticker car plz! gt: whatcubed3

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 9, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Basticle posted:

Somebody say Gran Turismo?

That is a really amazing looking livery.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

edit: Just went to the forzamotorsport.net forums for the first time in a while. Looks like the did a re-design. Did they get rid of all the old posts and start from scratch? There were a few topics I was looking for in the tuning section but it looks like there's only one page of threads in there now?

I remember reading in a news post that the new forum is from scratch, but that they would maintain the old forums for some amount of time so people could get any info before it gets shut down for good. This was in the first or second week of January, but I didn't pay any attention since I've never read or posted on the official forums before.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

So I bought the Porsche Expansion, it was like playing Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed all over again. I even put the soundtrack on my iPod for that extra nostalgia overload. :allears:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Anyone actually gonna be around this afternoon?

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
Im not tonight, sorry...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Basticle posted:

Anyone actually gonna be around this afternoon?

gently caress yeah, but I have to run pretty early since a goon will be racing an actual car in an actual race on television.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Get online fuckers, let's race

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Get online fuckers, let's race

who when where what?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Seymour Butts posted:

who when where what?

It already happened, slowpoke. Saturdays at 8pm GMT/3pm Eastern/12pm Pacific.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
We're starting "summer hours" at my shop so I'm working until 2 on Saturdays now, so I likely won't be showing up for racing anymore on Saturday afternoons. Bummer.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Just for shits and giggles I upgraded an AMC Gremlin to S Class, I did not expect it to be so drat effective and have an awesome exhaust note. :stare:

I love the fact that you have crappy 70s cars like the Pacer and Pinto and can power them up so that they beat Ferraris and Vipers.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Starhawk64 posted:

Just for shits and giggles I upgraded an AMC Gremlin to S Class, I did not expect it to be so drat effective and have an awesome exhaust note. :stare:

I love the fact that you have crappy 70s cars like the Pacer and Pinto and can power them up so that they beat Ferraris and Vipers.

Datsun 510, that thing gets hilarious at the higher PI's as well. even if it does stop cornering somewhere around the 780 mark.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Theres a Datson in my club garage thats S class with the suspension jacked up as high as it can go with the softest suspension settings. Its hilarious to drive.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Today I finished up most of the leaderboards for D-Class. I've got Top 1000 or better times on every track on the D-Class Circuit leaderboard, except Tsukuba. How in the hell do you drive that track? I've watched laps from the top of the leaderboard and I've tried different cars, and I just can't crack the top 1000 on this track.

Now I'm done with F, E and D and am going to probably start working on C tonight. I'm catching up with you, Cubivore!

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Looking through my old Forza photos reminiscing about the good times. Picked out some of my favourite group shots from racing with goons.

Shame about Forza 5...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Beautiful screenshots. I still love Forza 4 so much.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
We all do, but it's not such a "shame" about FM5 (with all due respect to Jarf, whom I have raced with and have high regard for), it's more that launch titles are launch titles and if you are paying attention to the FM5 thread, you can see how gorgeous the game is and even see that new track content has already been released for free. I hope there will be more. FM4 was the pinnacle of years of development on the last console. Welp, now there's a new console, with new hardware requirement, and yes... we're starting over.

I am not advocating that anyone who can't or won't buy an XBone should do it anyway, but I am saying that we are already running a private goon league that gets as many goons late Tuesday night as any private FM4 lobby nowadays. and we're getting Prague, Spa, Bathurst, Yaz (which is growing on me every time we try a new variation), and cars that are absolutely gorgeous that aren't in FM4.

The FM5 goon league is growing and we've only done three (2/11, 2/18, 2/25) weekly races under GutBomb's leadership.

Now, add the open-wheel fun machines like the Caterham/Crossbow/Atom that we've never ever seen before in the likes of in Forza, and if you really like the go-fast open-wheel crazy machines, they're there, too.
In the next two weeks we'll be beating them around and it'll be insane. Then the higher classes are still waiting.

I haven't spent a token on any microtransaction, I race only rivals and multiplayer now (as I did in FM4), and I have a nice garage and a lot of cash (even after buying the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe plus parts for about 2 Million).

And holy poo poo, the jump from 720 to 1080/60 is eye-popping. Please just look at the last several pages of the FM5 thread and you'll see. When it's in motion, it's all the speed of FM4 but way sharper.

Sit out this generation if that's your inclination, I'm not judging. Some of you have priorities (night racing, weather) that I am just not interested in, and that is absolutely your prerogative. I still love FM4, but when I went back to FM4 to check some car data, the drop in resolution was not complimentary to the otherwise fantastic version of Forza.

FM5 may be a launch title with launch title-itis, but it's a far cry from a shame. And it's getting better.

Peace and axle-grease!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 28, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

it's more that launch titles are launch titles

This is so loving dumb.

You paid full price for a game with half the content of its predecessor. Stop making excuses for the developers! This isn't even getting into the shameful DLC practices we've seen either, the actual core game is a step backwards and that should not be acceptable!

poo poo, this isn't even a good defense, launch titles being poo poo was not even a thing until the 360/PS3 era. Stop accepting games being subpar just because the system is new! It's the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

This is so loving dumb.

You paid full price for a game with half the content of its predecessor. Stop making excuses for the developers! This isn't even getting into the shameful DLC practices we've seen either, the actual core game is a step backwards and that should not be acceptable!

poo poo, this isn't even a good defense, launch titles being poo poo was not even a thing until the 360/PS3 era. Stop accepting games being subpar just because the system is new! It's the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen!

Please stop yelling at me. I was just trying to be positive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Dr. Faustus is precious and I love him. Please be nice. Forza 6 will be better, I promise. The Xbone launch was a mess in general for Microsoft, everything they did was wrong. Forza 5 is still the best thing out of that mess even if it is a deeply flawed game.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

Looking through my old Forza photos reminiscing about the good times. Picked out some of my favourite group shots from racing with goons.

Shame about Forza 5...

We had some awesome races, shame I havent touched my xbox in ages. I did actually buy GT6 even after all my moaning about GT5 and its still a bit meh compared to the fun I had with forza 4.

I've played FM5, both the pre-release version and the retail one and :effort:

Eh it looks nicer and the physics are better. The glaring fact is that for a car sperg like me is theres a tonne less content, hell even after god knows how many hours of FM4 there are still cars I havent driven yet. Even then the biggest dealbreaker for me is no loving nordschleife, wasnt turn 10 meant to have put it in the game by now.

I guess their still busy importing old lovely models from previous games and reselling fm4/horizon dlc as NEW CONTENT! remoddling all the cars from scratch! :jerkbag:

Even then if I spent 600 quid on console/game/xblsub/day1 dlc/season pass the online would just be me and scatterfold, seeing as hes the only one with FM5 in my timezone. Or I could just race with pubbies like a massive retard.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

This is so loving dumb.

/:qqsay:

Turn 10 doesn't owe you a thing, but they've given you a lot in this new release. Too bad you're too stubborn to see it.

Typical GBS posted:

Im not tonight, sorry...

"GentlemanofLeisure [u posted:

has since joined FM5[/u]" post="425776702"]
We're starting "summer hours" at my shop so I'm working until 2 on Saturdays now, so I likely won't be showing up for racing anymore on Saturday afternoons. Bummer.

speedtek posted:

I realized at 3:45 that I was able to hop on - you guys were on when I checked on xbox.com, and by the time I got everything fired up everyone was offline :(

quote:

This is so loving dumb.

Isn't it, though?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

/:qqsay:

Turn 10 doesn't owe you a thing, but they've given you a lot in this new release. Too bad you're too stubborn to see it.

Isn't it, though?

OK? What, is it supposed to be some kind of stunning revelation that not many people play a two-year-old game anymore?

Here's some food for thought: we had almost 3 full car clubs worth of people playing Forza 4 when it came out. That's almost 300 people. How many car clubs have you guys filled up over in Forza 5 so far? Oh wait there are no car clubs. Whatever, so how many people? 12. You can't even fill up a lobby in a new Forza game. Don't go posting about how we can't find enough people to play with in Forza 4 when you guys can't fill up a lobby in a game that isn't two years old.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 3, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Just ignore Faustus. He has to defend Forza 5 as it is the only way to justify that he bought an xbox one just for it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

OK? What, is it supposed to be some kind of stunning revelation that not many people play a two-year-old game anymore?

Here's some food for thought: we had almost 3 full car clubs worth of people playing Forza 4 when it came out. That's almost 300 people. How many car clubs have you guys filled up over in Forza 5 so far? Oh wait there are no car clubs. Whatever, so how many people? 12. You can't even fill up a lobby in a new Forza game. Don't go posting about how we can't find enough people to play with in Forza 4 when you guys can't fill up a lobby in a game that isn't two years old.

There is only 1 person out of 100 in SAEG who actualy has forza 5, one single person. We still got a decent turnout way into 2013 and then it died after the xb1 was released.

Its just not gonna happen with FM5, unless it suddenly becomes a game with a tonne more content that doesnt cost around 5/600 quid all in.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Just ignore Faustus. He has to defend Forza 5 as it is the only way to justify that he bought an xbox one just for it.
That's simply not true, Coja.

I'm digging it way more than I feared I might at first. The big barrier for me was no steering wheel; but after a few months, driving with the controller is second-nature (especially with the added feedback from the triggers.)

I didn't post about it in here to start a fight. I waited until Turn10 started giving out free DLC tracks (setting a good precedent there) and we started getting multiplayer matches together and were realizing that, "Hey, this really is Forza!

So I made one positive post about what it's been like getting to that point and showed a little optimism.

I won't make that mistake again.

But the honest fact of why I am defending FM5 is simple: It's a fantastic game. It's as fast as ever, the view is razor sharp, the audio is jaw-dropping (the engine notes, just listening to the statues fly by on Prague, or running through the stadiums on Bernese, for examples) and the racing is 100% Forza.
All of this, and I still haven't used a token or spent a cent on microtransactions, yet I still have a growing garage and a ton of money.

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinions, that's mine. Peace.

E: O, today Turn10 rewarded me a million FM5 credits and a free car, so I chose the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. Like Christmas! And lo and behold, I just learned you can even take photos of the interiors of the cars! I've never seen that before without using weird camera tricks.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 3, 2014

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cubivore would it be possible for you to not poo poo up every single thread with your complaining about Forza 5?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Dr. Faustus posted:

We all do, but it's not such a "shame" about FM5 (with all due respect to Jarf, whom I have raced with and have high regard for), it's more that launch titles are launch titles and if you are paying attention to the FM5 thread, you can see how gorgeous the game is and even see that new track content has already been released for free. I hope there will be more. FM4 was the pinnacle of years of development on the last console. Welp, now there's a new console, with new hardware requirement, and yes... we're starting over.

I am not advocating that anyone who can't or won't buy an XBone should do it anyway, but I am saying that we are already running a private goon league that gets as many goons late Tuesday night as any private FM4 lobby nowadays. and we're getting Prague, Spa, Bathurst, Yaz (which is growing on me every time we try a new variation), and cars that are absolutely gorgeous that aren't in FM4.

The FM5 goon league is growing and we've only done three (2/11, 2/18, 2/25) weekly races under GutBomb's leadership.

Forza 5 admittedly does look very fun. I was disappointed by the lack of cars and tracks but I can see that they're trying to redeem themselves, Road America as free DLC is nice.

The console itself isn't appealing however, not a fan of the price tag or the kinect gimmick. Unfortunately when all put together it wasn't enough to warrant the purchase of an Xbone. If the price comes down and Forza 6 is back on form then I'll probably buy Forza 5 & 6.

I bought a 360 just for Forza 2 which was a huge step up from the original. I understand that 5 was rushed so that it could be a launch title, that's not Turn10's fault. It's a shame that this iteration didn't really improve much on the series. Still no day/night cycle or weather.

Have some more car pics.

e: also it doesn't support my Fanatec CSR booooo!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 3, 2014

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Basticle posted:

Cubivore Dear everyone; would it be possible for you all to not poo poo up every single thread with your complaining about Forza 5 incessant bitching?

FM5 has it's issues but so did every Forza, deal with it already and please just focus on content from now on.

P.S. This is the FM4 thread so FM5 content goes that way --->

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
That Bentley was the best car to use for football soccer.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Basticle posted:

Cubivore would it be possible for you to not poo poo up every single thread with your complaining about Forza 5?

I'll stop complaining about it when it stops being poo poo, thank you very much.

And I'll be hosed if I'm going to let a member of the Penny motherfucking Arcade community tell me how to post.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

That Bentley was the best car to use for football soccer.

Hell yeah, was a pretty zippy racer as well before i hosed up the tuning on it. That thing compensated for being a weighty bastard by sheer amounts of jeremy clarkson style tuning(MORE POWER!)

• Locked thread