Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Perfect! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Got a source on this one?

e; vv thanks! Neat that it's for the Green Ronin ASoIaF RPG.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 28, 2014

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

GIS turns up this.

http://andantonius.deviantart.com/art/Night-s-Watch-Characters-350125960

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Has anyone got any picture sets of cyberpunk/scifi corporate military combat gear? I'm working on a painting project and I'm looking for some colour theme ideas, sort of like:

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

blurry! posted:

I think I have a good challenge. A two-prong challenge.

I need swords. Long swords, short swords, greatswords Interesting and feasible swords, not "cool" swords, like the type you'd find at a drat renfest. Type of swords, whether sci-fi or fantasy, that look like a career warrior or hero would actually wield. They can be ornate as all hell, but I want swords with sensible silhouettes.

Here are some unusual designs that have been used by real people for real practical purposes:

Nepalese Kora sword with two Kukri daggers. The blade is on the inside of the curve on these weapons.

Sharks-tooth "sword" from Kiribati.

Javanese Kris.

Ottoman Yatagan

Okay this one might not actually be so practical. It's an Indian sword from the 19th century, which I found by accident looking for Krises, but it's cool enough to post anyway.

Some African blades. Except for the one that looks like a Roman gladius, these would have been used in sacrifices and executions rather than combat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm thinking about running a space opera game inspired by anime like Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Space Dandy, and I'm looking for some appropriate art, especially of a ship like the Outlaw Star, the Bebop, and the Aloha Oe.

Scenery, people, anything you can offer is fine.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
If you're looking for stuff straight out of animes, Bodacious Space pirates had a bunch from a similar vein you could pull from.

There was a link to a massive tumblr filled with ships in the old thread somewhere near the end, but all I could find was this.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You want Captain Harlock. Every one of the series has cool space stuff, including Harlock Saga's Space Aesir.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I need some giant insects, and tanks. Lots of tanks. The two are potentially related.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Man the "muscle wizard" picture from the first post gave me some pause. I totally recognized that artist but it took me a while to place it - the Wizards, Warriors, and You gamebooks from when I was a kid. Russ Nicholson's work in Eye of the Dragon was my favorite ever though.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Flipswitch posted:

Has anyone got any picture sets of cyberpunk/scifi corporate military combat gear? I'm working on a painting project and I'm looking for some colour theme ideas, sort of like:

I think these might be considered military combat gear:

I have a lot more if you could consider "combat gear" as "cool looking robots".

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

How far into scifi do you want? I've been playing a bunch (read: a lot) of Warframe and the designs are generally interesting. Perhaps a bit far-future for what you're looking for, but here are a few bits.

(All courtesy of Warframe Wiki which in turn grabbed them from in game, ie Digital Extremes.)

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The artwork of those really reminds me of the old Lone Wolf gamebooks. Not in the design in any way, just in the coloring.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I play Warframe and hadn't even thought of this. Thanks mate.

mechanicalFactory posted:

I think these might be considered military combat gear:

I have a lot more if you could consider "combat gear" as "cool looking robots".
This is the type of stuff I'm after. Mecha/robots are fine by me, my own folders are surprisingly sparse of this stuff and tend to be more environments and architecture.

Thanks guys.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Flipswitch posted:

This is the type of stuff I'm after. Mecha/robots are fine by me, my own folders are surprisingly sparse of this stuff and tend to be more environments and architecture.

A pro-google is "Elysium Concept Art"

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Earlier this year, I tried a one-shot game of DnD 4th Ed. based on XCOM: Enemy Unknown over Roll20.net. The players, as XCOM operatives, had to fly out in the Skyranger and deal with alien flashpoints across the globe. But first, they had to gear up and ready up in an armory not unlike the Grey Room.

So as to keep the Grey Room as neat as visually possible, I made silhouettes out of the various weapons and gear that they were likely to use. Some of it didn't look that nice, but it was serviceable.

I also tried my hand at splicing and editing gunshots, to keep the intensity up when played over the game.

Rifle Single Shot/Reload

SMG Single Shot/Burst/Auto/Reload

Scattergun Single Shot/Two Smoking Barrels/Reload

Launch & Explode/"MISSILE BARRAGE."

Revolver Double Tap/Reload

LMG Burst/Full Auto with Howie Scream/Reload

Pump Shotgun Single Shot/Single Shot with Pump/Reload

Machine Pistol/Burst/Auto/Reload

Hand Cannon/Reload

Compact Pistol/Double Tap/Reload

Carbine/Auto/Reload

Sniper Rifle/With Bolt/Reload

Auto Sniper Rifle/Double Tap/Reload

Auto Shotgun/Full Auto/Reload

Assault Rifle/Burst/Auto/Reload

"BURN... BURN!"/"Yes... YES!"

Problem chainsolved.

Frag Explosion/"Eat Grenades!"/"CLEANSE THE AREA."

Smoke Explosion/"Smokescreen!"

Flasbang Explosion

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

Has anyone got any picture sets of cyberpunk/scifi corporate military combat gear?

I think the marine designs for Natural Selection 2 are pretty good. Minus a point or two for the shoulder pads but good gender equality.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Esser-Z posted:

Hey, I'm planning on playing a female druid. Can I get some wildwomen? Preferably vaguely classsy.

A bit late to the party, but:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

7c Nickel posted:

I think the marine designs for Natural Selection 2 are pretty good. Minus a point or two for the shoulder pads but good gender equality.

Didn't some fan flip out and try to 'fix' the female marines so that they'd have nonexistent hips and boobplates or something?

I've always liked Natural Selection's marine design. Sure, shoulderpads, but it looks sci-fi-y but relatively practical and useable.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Why is everybody up in arms about shoulder pads?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The shoulder is the sexiest part of the body and should be exposed more. Have you never attracted a mate by tearing off your sleeves and "giving them the cold shoulder"?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There are major blood vessels and nerve clusters in your shoulders that really should be protected y'all. Don't get mad at shoulderpads.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

GruntyThrst posted:

Why is everybody up in arms about shoulder pads?
Shoulderpads, especially those long bulky ones, like the ones pictured in Natural Selection 2, restrict arm movement in a really crucial way, so the military generally doesn't bother with those kinds. Some small, oval shaped ones are used, sometimes, in police operations and the like, but I've never heard of the military using them ever. They just aren't that useful.

Unless you're in a videogame, where they lend weight to the silhouette and also because WoW and GW Space Marines pretty much made oversized shoulderpads mandatory. It's awful and samey and there's a growing backlash against it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should have the fancy under-arm plates so they don't get shot in the armpit.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Looking for slick spy pics that aren't gun related or cheesecake. I've got an elven secret agent who uses a longsword and can't figure out a silhouette/pose for a front view.

The character's based on art I found in the last one of these threads:
http://i.imgur.com/6jHG212.jpg

Ideally, a facing forward view, but any angle's fine. (The inspirations are the 60s The Avengers British show and Lana Kane are influeces.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Esser-Z posted:

Hey, I'm planning on playing a female druid. Can I get some wildwomen? Preferably vaguely classsy.

Linked for :nws:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flipswitch posted:

Has anyone got any picture sets of cyberpunk/scifi corporate military combat gear? I'm working on a painting project and I'm looking for some colour theme ideas.

Night10194 posted:

I need some giant insects, and tanks. Lots of tanks. The two are potentially related.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Didn't some fan flip out and try to 'fix' the female marines so that they'd have nonexistent hips and boobplates or something?

I've always liked Natural Selection's marine design. Sure, shoulderpads, but it looks sci-fi-y but relatively practical and useable.

Hahaha, yes they did.

I just remembered a pretty good Wildwoman piece. Most of the enjoyment from Mortal Online came from watching the development hilariously implode rather than the actual game, but it did produce a few pieces of good concept art.

little :nws:

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 2, 2014

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Regarding giant insects and military vehicles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVRZAKWhhk

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Okasvi posted:

Regarding giant insects and military vehicles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVRZAKWhhk

Heh. Is what I wanted them for. I'm going to try running an EDF RPG for a bit as a break from more serious stuff with my group because I loved 2025.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Are you playing Last Stand? If not, let me recommend Last Stand as the best official unofficial EDF Role Playing Game.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Has anyone got pictures of sci-fi-esque punchladies?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thanks for the replies everyone, you've all been super helpful!

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
I'm looking for a few devilish or otherworldly businessmen. They can be subtle, like strange eye colors, or out and out a crazy thing in a business suit.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

"Elsen", an unfortunate salaryman from the rpgmaker game "Off" who has suffered an ill fate.

Everyone's pal, Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

blurry! posted:

I'm looking for a few devilish or otherworldly businessmen. They can be subtle, like strange eye colors, or out and out a crazy thing in a business suit.

The only things I've got that would work is these:

EDIT

Double Plus Undead posted:

Has anyone got pictures of sci-fi-esque punchladies?

Punchladies means they're they can't be holding weapons, right? Bit more difficult, but I think these pictures would fit:

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 3, 2014

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

blurry! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

blurry! posted: