Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabba The American
Sep 5, 2011

I'm gonna have you thrown out of here in a minute!
Didn't want to make sure someone was actually tweeting about this first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hahahaha this Kid Rock performance is amazing. Like 10 people dancing,and when he held up the mic for the audience to sing it was just utter silence.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

The_Rob posted:

Hahahaha this Kid Rock performance is amazing. Like 10 people dancing,and when he held up the mic for the audience to sing it was just utter silence.

It's cause he didn't say "Gimme a Hell Yeah"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why in the hell did WWE think a Kid Rock concert in 2009 would be anything but a disaster.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
I don't remember this Kid Rock performance being this awful. Nobody in the crowd cares. Even for Sweet Home Alabama, it's mostly dead. And I can't believe how long they let this go on for. Seriously if anything, Sweet Home Alabama should've been the only song performed.

Oh god, they're doing another song?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How long does this poo poo go on for?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
It woulda been cool if the divas could have gotten a real entrance.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
Wait, so the Kid Rock concert ends and it just cuts to all the divas brawling in the ring, already in the middle of their match? And oh my god, this was the Santina match. Poor crowd. Money in the bank match was pretty good and then you get Kid Rock and a gigantic random diva battle royal match with Santina.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Is one of those diva's a crossdressser?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Is one of those diva's a crossdressser?

Santina, yes.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
This is apparently during the bunch of years I wasn't watching wrestlemen.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Why is Santino in drag?

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
Wow there were so many good divas in this match. They could've done something really cool for the divas match at this Mania, but I guess Santina was more important. :(

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

SaberToothedPie posted:

Why is Santino in drag?

They probably needed something to draw attention away from Tammy Sytch looking all drugged out or something.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Serf Surviving posted:

Wow there were so many good divas in this match. They could've done something really cool for the divas match at this Mania, but I guess Santina was more important. :(

Pretty sure this is the only "match" Sunny ever had.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DM Punk posted:

Pretty sure this is the only "match" Sunny ever had.

She wrestled in 2007 for Women Superstars Uncensored, if that counts...

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Astro7x posted:

She wrestled in 2007 for Women Superstars Uncensored, if that counts...

Oh right, she won the WSU title too. But, she didn't even really do anything in that match either.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Steamboat could still go. :aaa:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like this Legends match where we are supposed to pretend that Steamboat can move just as good as ever.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I forgot how terrible this angle was

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Slow talking, "you people," heel Jericho was dumb, and so was the whole The Wrestler angle, but drat if he didn't try his best to make Piper and Snuka look good. And then the few minutes with Steamboat are awesome.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SaberToothedPie posted:

Steamboat could still go. :aaa:

Of course, WWE had to run it into the ground and actually put him in a match with Jericho at Backlash.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Slow talking heel jericho was actually the best Jericho had been in a long drat time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Timby posted:

Of course, WWE had to run it into the ground and actually put him in a match with Jericho at Backlash.

That match was really good and I'm sad I didn't go to that show.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

The_Rob posted:

Slow talking heel jericho was actually the best Jericho had been in a long drat time.

Maybe. I wasn't really watching at the time this was all going on. It just seems so weird compared to everything else he's done.

That punch lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Static Rook posted:

Maybe. I wasn't really watching at the time this was all going on. It just seems so weird compared to everything else he's done.

That punch lol

Then how can you say that gimmick sucked if you didn't even watch it. That makes no sense.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
This angle :gonk:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Just the sight of Jeff hardy makes me laugh at those willow promos

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

The_Rob posted:

Then how can you say that gimmick sucked if you didn't even watch it. That makes no sense.

Because the bits of it I have seen I didn't like. And seeing more shows from that time period now hasn't changed my mind. I don't know the leadup to it though, so maybe it was better than what he'd been doing prior.

Did Matt Hardy come out to Monster Magnet or just a soundalike?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Monster Magnet. He kept that song forever too, so I'm guessing they either weren't paying attention or WWE traded Dave Wyndorf lifetime use of it for a bag of shrooms.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I remember this match and being so pissed. Jeff Hardy VS Matt Hardy in a TLC match and they found a way to make it boring.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
As the camera moves in on Orton's face, you know he's still asking himself, "WHY CAN'T I BE NAKED BABY?"

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
lovely shot at Ledger JR

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania, we give you: a one-match card!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania, we give you: a one-match card!

I think everyone knew HBK VS Undertaker was going to be good. I don't think anybody knew HOW good it was going to be.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I did love the entrances for this match.
This is the first one, right? Not the retirement match?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

I did love the entrances for this match.
This is the first one, right? Not the retirement match?

The first one, Heaven vs. Hell.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
My completely unsupported theory is that Vince has hated the name "Wrestlemania" for awhile and so subconsciouslly tries to sabotage it every year. But a few of the boys still manage to put on a hell of a show and thwart him.

Newly born-again HBK must've been tiring to be around. Descending from heaven only to have "Sexy Boy" kick in is hilarious though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

:stare: undertaker completely undershot that dive. Jesus gently caress

• Locked thread