Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

AzureRequiem posted:

It's finally finished. Chapter 1 of Warframe Academy, AKA "What happens if someone offhandedly makes a joke about a high school anime Warframe fanfic and I take it literally?"

:siren:https://docs.google.com/document/d/18xU_bazea6D-4mNdbK78kGGwzBEJCI5v3uPRtZUcsyI/edit?usp=sharing:siren:
This needs some sirens on it to catch attention. Also what 90's/00's alternative punk song would be used as the title song for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Croccers posted:

what 90's/00's alternative punk song would be used as the title song for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8_uCpWuCTQ
It's depressing how well this fits in my mind :smith:

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
:siren: Gaia (Earth) | Sabotage (Grineer) | Destroy Munitions Stockpile | Level: 10-13 - 4,700cr 35mins :siren:

Thought I'd play along since I'm one of the original culprits of siren spam.

edit:
:siren: Kiliken (Venus) | Sabotage (Infestation) | Destroy Munitions Stockpile | Level: 7-10 - 3,700cr 54mins :siren:

Grobbit fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 3, 2014

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh, so that's why this thread blew up overnight. What is wrong with you people.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
500 plat buys a lot of slots.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Passburger posted:

Need more sirens...
I was trying to figure out what you meant until I read the post above mine, gently caress that I just wanted people to know a cool helmet was unlockable. :(

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

:siren: Callisto (Jupiter): Weapons Depot Found - 40m - 5600cr - Shotgun Scavenger (Aura) :siren:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Pierson posted:

500 plat buys a lot of slots.

And that legendary core man autoupgrade like serration to max? Yes please.

I'd feel guilty trying to win because I've still got like 3k plat left over from the founder bundles.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
:siren: 36 min - 5400 credits - Rusalka (Sedna) | Rescue (Corpus) | Enemy Informant Located | Level: 15-18 :siren:

Edit: I should just use the same post
:siren: Alator (Mars): Elite Troop Located - 49m - 4800cr :siren:
:siren: Iapetus (Saturn): Sabotage Enemy Research Facility - 40m - 6300cr :siren:

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 3, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 3, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

randombattle posted:

I'd feel guilty trying to win because I've still got like 3k plat left over from the founder bundles.

Burned through most of my plat on potatoes and slots :shepface:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

No one's going to get punished for participating in the contest unless they're maliciously spamming the thread. Except for Ajax maybe.

edit: Unless the avatar is really awesome and funny I guess.

Well there goes my hope this was all some big honeypot.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
:siren:Cinxia (Ceres): Experimental Ballistics Facility Located - 38m - 11300cr :siren:

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Interrupting this alert chat for a moment, I remember reading somewhere (maybe this thread) about selling normal frames results in losing the standard helmet as an appearance option for any Prime versions. So if you had Mag and Mag Prime and you sold Mag you'd only have Coil, Gauss and the Prime helmet available.

Can anyone confirm/deny, not that its the end of the world but seems an annoying thing for DE to have decided on since there isn't any real reason to keep non-Prime versions of a frame once it reaches 30.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sighence posted:

:siren: ALERT: Pallas (Ceres) - 12000c , expires in 46 minutes :siren:

I actually needed some quick credits so I was gonna run this and by the time I had swapped out my weapons damage types it had expired and I was sad.

I guess I will continue to not play until Melee 2.0 comes out.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

:siren: Kala-azar (Eris): Repel Enemy Attack - 36m - 7300cr - Rifle Amp (Aura) :siren:

Arianya fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 3, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Inspector_666 posted:

I actually needed some quick credits so I was gonna run this and by the time I had swapped out my weapons damage types it had expired and I was sad.

I guess I will continue to not play until Melee 2.0 comes out.

Nobody plays this game, we're all too busy grinding for levels.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

AzureRequiem posted:

It's finally finished. Chapter 1 of Warframe Academy, AKA "What happens if someone offhandedly makes a joke about a high school anime Warframe fanfic and I take it literally?"

:siren:https://docs.google.com/document/d/18xU_bazea6D-4mNdbK78kGGwzBEJCI5v3uPRtZUcsyI/edit?usp=sharing:siren:

e: APPARENTLY YOU GUYS LOVE SIRENS.

Thank you, I know what I'm reading all week now. I'll wait patiently for the saryn/lotus/loki love triangle and inevitable fan service.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

randombattle posted:

Legendary cores are better used to upgrade rare mods like heavy caliber or narrow minded since rares are more expensive to max out.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Piell posted:

Nobody plays this game, we're all too busy grinding for levels.

I just want to smash dudes with my jet powered hammer in a more fun way than "Hold E, hope nobody has knockdown."

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I just want to smash dudes with my jet powered hammer in a more fun way than "Hold E, hope nobody has knockdown."

Perhaps you shouldn't always be charging with the weapon with the highest base damage in the game :colbert:

Swing that hammer back and forth, it does a lot of damage, especially with damage mods since they're percentage based.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Conot posted:

Perhaps you shouldn't always be charging with the weapon with the highest base damage in the game :colbert:

Swing that hammer back and forth, it does a lot of damage, especially with damage mods since they're percentage based.

Oh, I saw that the charge damage was the highest thing on the little list and just went from there. Plus the charge animation is so cool.

But ok, I'll just mash E like I am wont to do anyway.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh, I saw that the charge damage was the highest thing on the little list and just went from there. Plus the charge animation is so cool.

But ok, I'll just mash E like I am wont to do anyway.

It is cool, but its just overkill to be charging with that weapon, you should find that you are one hitting them with taps of e, unless your mods are really bad or you are in a really high level area

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Conot posted:

It is cool, but its just overkill to be charging with that weapon, you should find that you are one hitting them with taps of e, unless your mods are really bad or you are in a really high level area

Well mine is level 5 so my mods are pretty bad at this point.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Sandweed posted:

heavy caliber
max out.

Good God, no. Maybe for a super situational weapon or comedy value but maxed out heavy calibers are pretty brutal and you start seeing diminishing returns on straight +damage mods anyway.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Good God, no. Maybe for a super situational weapon or comedy value but maxed out heavy calibers are pretty brutal and you start seeing diminishing returns on straight +damage mods anyway.

Max Heavy Caliber + Soma + Bullet Attractor = no more pesky needing to aim.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

...diminishing returns on straight +damage mods

Elaborate. This doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it be increased returns seeing as HCal's damage increase effects elemental mod damage like Serration does?

Also maxed HCal is a necessity for best Synapse/Flux/Ignis results.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
:siren: Galatea (Neptune): Deactivate Computer Core Defenses - 53m - 7400cr:siren:

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
:siren:Galatea (Neptune) - 7400cr:siren:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

smelly cabin filter posted:

:whoptc: is going on in this thread, I just wanted to ask for some advice on mods for my new birdframe that I put in the cooker and people are writing fanfiction???

Tornado is dumb as hell and mostly good for pissing off pubbies. Don't use it with goons unless it's an emergency, for it's a room clear button that leaves no loot.

Turbulence then again is her real ult, and it's finger-loving good.

Because of both of those powers having utterly annoying effects, you want to set your energy color to the darkest blue when playing with goons, and to the brightest green or pink when playing with pubbies.

Tail Wind is a super fun mobility ability. Using it while standing still gets you a fuckton of vertical height, more than any other frame can do. Also, using Tail Wind towards an exit makes her animations bug out in a funny way.

Her powers are mostly based on duration, so you want Continuity / Constitution.

She also got a fuckton of health. I pack Vigor + Redirection because gently caress Eviscerators.

And for Dive Bomb? I just couldn't give a poo poo about Dive Bomb, it has pretty poo poo damage.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

sushibandit posted:

Elaborate. This doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it be increased returns seeing as HCal's damage increase effects elemental mod damage like Serration does?

Also maxed HCal is a necessity for best Synapse/Flux/Ignis results.

It's stupid expensive for the returns you're getting, it-- you know what, this is all on the wiki so I'll just c/p the bit relevant to your question since I'm not sure why this is seen as somehow groundbreaking:

Warframe Wiki posted:

Since the two stack additively, combining the two is somewhat ineffective. Adding a maxed Heavy Caliber onto a maxed Serration yields only an additional 62% of the base shot damage. This is because the relative increase from 265% damage to 430% damage is not as significant as the increase from 100%. Players should exercise caution in comparing Heavy Caliber to more conventional mod choices, such as elemental damage.

Yes, it can be viable on a couple of non-aimy weapons or if you're rocking bullet attractor 24/7 but that's pretty much the definition of "situational" and gimmick/"comedy."

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I have three Detron Receiver parts, but no barrel (I think that is the other part I am missing) - anyone got a surplus and willing to swap? No idea if these parts are possible to trade, but I have these and some assorted random prime parts too.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
:siren: PS4 update today :siren:

I'll get the lab up as soon as I can. The vault has all the mats. Dunno if we really need to rush it with plat though. I guess if we get all the mats for a Zephyr part research, we can maybe rush the lab if everyone feels like adding a few plat.

Time to farm up tons of Oxium.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

AzureRequiem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8_uCpWuCTQ
It's depressing how well this fits in my mind :smith:

I was wondering if it really did, so I searched on youtube. I wanted to pick one in particular to post a snarky reply, but there's just too many.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
:siren:Galatea (Neptune) - Alloy plate, 11300cr:siren:

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

Innerguard posted:

I have three Detron Receiver parts, but no barrel (I think that is the other part I am missing) - anyone got a surplus and willing to swap? No idea if these parts are possible to trade, but I have these and some assorted random prime parts too.

Only Prime Blueprints/Parts are available to trade at the moment, who knows if DE will allow wider parts trading in the future. I would expect them to extend it to Detron/Brakk/Stalker drops eventually though it might be after general gear becomes tradeable.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Grobbit posted:

Only Prime Blueprints/Parts are available to trade at the moment, who knows if DE will allow wider parts trading in the future. I would expect them to extend it to Detron/Brakk/Stalker drops eventually though it might be after general gear becomes tradeable.

There is no way they ever make gear from the market tradeable ever.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Meant boss drop gear, should have been clearer, things like Seer pistol or Miter etc. There wouldn't be any reason for market gear to become tradeable (unless it was exclusive stuff perhaps).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Sandweed posted:

There is no way they ever make gear from the market tradeable ever.

Never say never... it's not about forcing people to buy stuff from the market or quick profits from ignorant players, it's about keeping the economic wheel spinning.

For example, now that we can trade Prime BPs, some people might be less inclined to buy Prime access. However, more people are likely to buy Platinum to be able to effectively participate in the now much larger market. It's better long term to have many small players than a few whales.