Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I like it. Wish the Dolphin's rebranding went that well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I love everything about it except the size of the logo

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.buccaneers.com just updated with it as well:

It looks awesome, I like it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
I don't like the size of it,but I appreciate the effort to try something new with a helmet logo.

Edit: they also have one of the better logos in the league and I'm glad they stuck with that theme.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
New ship logo: http://twitter.com/Shiphead00/status/436684911358255105/photo/1

The old red flag logo was left off the old jerseys because they were red too. The black ship logos were used instead. With them both being red now, I'm guessing the jersey colour will change slightly.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

These make it look better, actually. The scaling up of the size is a strange move, but I honestly kind of like it. Its different and unique without being too out there like the Jags one.

Straight profile view is still goofy but the rest of the angles make it look cool. The front looks awesome.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It does make them more distinct from the 49ers, which I like.

As to the white helmet thing, it's probably good to remember they only found out they couldn't do throwbacks back in the fall, and that this has probably been in the making for over a year. Might have been too late in the process to make as big a change as helmet color.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I like the size. It's different than just "insert logo here" on the side of the helmet.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Andio posted:

New ship logo: http://twitter.com/Shiphead00/status/436684911358255105/photo/1

The old red flag logo was left off the old jerseys because they were red too. The black ship logos were used instead. With them both being red now, I'm guessing the jersey colour will change slightly.

Love that logo, especially the design of the waves breaking on the ship.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Here's a video of it.

I like it when seeing it under the lights when they zoom out. The whole helmet including facemask looks really metallic pewter. I even like the larger logo although I think it would be a little better at about 80% of that size.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can't watch the video so I can't really tell, but if that grill is silver, that helmet looks awful. If it looks pewter, it is pretty sweet. Logo will probably look good from camera crew angles.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Volkerball posted:

I can't watch the video so I can't really tell, but if that grill is silver, that helmet looks awful.

They said it's chrome in the video.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

TheBizzness posted:

I love everything about it except the size of the logo

Yeah, it should really be bigger imo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The logo itself is a sidegrade, in my opinion. I think I preferred the previous, but it's not a huge change in the long run. I really like the new workmark and I think the oversized helmet logos are really cool, I like to see teams try different stuff (it's why I like the Seahawks' current set). We'll see how things look with the uniforms but I'm down with this so far.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
It almost looks like it could work as an asymmetric helmet design from this shot. Make it bigger (:haw:) and extend it around just a bit more.

Also it reminds me of those oversize logo New Era hats :v:

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

japtor posted:

It almost looks like it could work as an asymmetric helmet design from this shot. Make it bigger (:haw:) and extend it around just a bit more.

Also it reminds me of those oversize logo New Era hats :v:

One side can be the flag, one side can be Bucco Bruce.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I like it. You rarely see a helmet in practice from super close up. Makes sense to supersize the logo and make it visible from more angles.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I would think that all but the most casual of fans could identify team logos based on looking at the helmets they're watching on TV though, even granting that point. I guess it's a little too ostentatious for me.

If the facemask really is pewter that's cool though and I support that part for sure.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I love everything about it:

May be biased.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

All I can see is that they gave the skull a five-head

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm all on Baird for the giant logo after seeing the 360 view of the helmet. Really gives it a different and more realistic example.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

All I see in that skull is Murray from the Monkey Island games. Helmet looks nice though.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
I'm still holding out hope they go back to the creamsicles full time eventually. We used to live down there and I still have those "The Bucc stops here, here on 44!" commercials stuck in my head 20 years later.

But biohazard red is more fitting, I suppose.

The huge logo on the helmets is awesome.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Alouicious posted:

All I can see is that they gave the skull a five-head

Thought for a second Febreeze made an update to the Manningface logos

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Wario Kart 64 posted:

Thought for a second Febreeze made an update to the Manningface logos

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

lol

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Sapp was right this logo owns

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

UniWatch

:stonk:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well, um. That's something. :stare:

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

That's fake, right?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The Bucs posted it on their instagram. lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:lol:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hmm. Those don't look very good. It's just not a very cohesive look.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Totally diggin' the digital font

E: Didn't an XFL team have uniforms like that?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

When I think pirates I think alarm clocks.

Really I think the number font is the thing that's bugging me the most. The rest is, I dunno, uninspiring at worst.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hahaha they really are alarm clock style numbers.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The tweaks to the helmet were fine, but wow, that's some arena league poo poo. Thank god Nike hasn't touched our uniforms.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I think it's ugly but at least it's a distinctive look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tampa Bay Buccaneers posted:

Today the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Nike unveiled the team's new NFL Nike Elite 51 Uniform design for the 2014 season. The uniform is a completely integrated system of dress with a new design that honors the Buccaneers' rich tradition while boldly bringing the team into the future through a modern industrial design aesthetic.

In collaboration with the Buccaneers and the NFL, Nike designers incorporated many of the unique historical aspects of the Tampa Bay area by showcasing the city's roots, vibrant culture and spirited fanbase. The new uniform features a refreshed color scheme honoring the franchise's past and present, while confidently positioning the team for the future.

"Today marks the culmination of more than two years of research and planning to bring the Tampa Bay Buccaneers into a new and exciting era of our history," said Buccaneers co-chairman Edward Glazer. "We worked closely with our partners at Nike to design a uniform that would set the standard for both design and functionality. The result is a sleek, modern design that honors our championship past while also establishing a new, bolder identity moving forward."

The base uniform color has been energized with richer pewter, juxtaposed with a brighter, more vibrant shade of "Buccaneer Red". In homage to the Buccaneers' early uniforms, the look also features "Bay Orange" as a new primary trim color and accent on both the jersey and the pants. Tampa Bay also becomes the first NFL franchise to incorporate a revolutionary reflective chrome border around the numbers on the front, back and shoulders. The chrome border incorporates a technologically advanced reflective coating that adds a new dimension, increased readability and a unique glow to the numbers.

Custom name and number fonts feature beveled edges inspired by historical Buccaneer blade carvings, echoing the modern industrial design inspiration. The team's white jerseys sport pewter sleeves and shoulders with red numbers, while the red jerseys also feature pewter sleeves and shoulders but with white numbers on the body and red numbers on the shoulders-- adding an extra element of energy to the evolved Buccaneer identity.

The team's secondary logo, a powerful wooden ship fueled by wind-filled sails, is similarly refined to convey the Bucs' relentless energy. The redesigned wooden ship is positioned on the right shoulder and the abbreviated "BUCS" moniker on the left. The enhanced flag is proudly displayed on both the right and left hip of the pant.

The team's transformation is exemplified in the Bucs new helmet, featuring a reinvigorated logotype and highlighted by an updated, more menacing Jolly Roger. Unique to the Buccaneers, the helmet also features a hand-painted pewter speed line overlaid with a larger flag logo designed to accentuate the revolutionized, confident spirit of the franchise.

• Locked thread