Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
My wife and I paused the episode to discuss how Ron would never put his own address on these complaints. Though maybe he put the parks department's address?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

John Hodgeman was rocking his Vince Gilliagn cosplay, wasn't he. :allears:

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

My wife and I paused the episode to discuss how Ron would never put his own address on these complaints. Though maybe he put the parks department's address?

Consider that the guy showed up to confront him at the office itself.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Djarum posted:

So here are some spoilers on who is going to play there: Letters to Cleo and Jeff Tweedy

Well that sure covers the spectrum from "one hit wonder nobody but Ben would remember" to "beloved and iconic 90s/2000s songwriter".

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Iron Throne moment would've been my favorite Ben nerd moment of the night (and PLEASE tell me there's a deleted scene coming of all the GoT impressions Ben does), but the Enchanted part was just spoke to me. "I also watched it two more times BECAUSE THAT MOVIE IS AMAZING!" I feel you Ben. That movie WAS amazing!!

Also Ben hanging out with Larry all day was pretty great too, especially the dancing part. He was poo poo on once during the episode but it was a nice change of pace to have Larry be doing something with one of the other characters as friends for a whole day. And I'm even in the "I find how they treat Larry hilarious" camp.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Did HBO loan them the actual Iron Throne? That would be amazing.

Also, I know Amy wants Murray, but Charles Dance as the Mayor of Eagleton would be amazing.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

precision posted:

Also, I know Amy wants Murray, but Charles Dance as the Mayor of Eagleton would be amazing.

You can buy them from HBO for $30,000.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

precision posted:

I think a funnier thing would be to have Charles Dance play some other important guy who just happens to look and possibly act like Tywin Lannister, but nobody thinks that except for Ben.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Ben and Larry having a beautiful day together was great, and I hope they speak on that.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
That episode felt really sitcommy to me.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

precision posted:

Well that sure covers the spectrum from "one hit wonder nobody but Ben would remember" to "beloved and iconic 90s/2000s songwriter".

I'm assuming Mouse Rat is headlining so that's all the starpower you need right there.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
That was a great episode. Adam Scott is at his absolute best when he's allowed to get way too intense about his interests. The Ben/Larry stuff was brilliant as well. Also loved the opening. All around good ep.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

I think a funnier thing would be to have Charles Dance play some other important guy who just happens to look and possibly act like Tywin Lannister, but nobody thinks that except for Ben.

Oh God, that would be the best. Some benevolent guy that Ben is absolutely convinced is conning them all and is actually planning on destroying the Parks department. I think I just wrote the whole episode in my head, and it's awesome.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

precision posted:

Oh God, that would be the best. Some benevolent guy that Ben is absolutely convinced is conning them all and is actually planning on destroying the Parks department. I think I just wrote the whole episode in my head, and it's awesome.

Well now that Ben is no longer the budget clean-up mercenary, there's got to be another one at some point, right? A Jamm-style foil to Ben?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Waffles Inc. posted:

Well now that Ben is no longer the budget clean-up mercenary, there's got to be another one at some point, right? A Jamm-style foil to Ben?
I heard sSOME-body has a joóóóOOOoooobbbbb offeééérRRrrrrr?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
The greatest ten seconds in a sitcom ever put to film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZuEtUdsHFI

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Parks and Recreation: "Dear Canada, gently caress You."

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Anybody else notice that when Andy thinks of Woodstock, he thinks of Woodstock '94?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chwoka posted:

Anybody else notice that when Andy thinks of Woodstock, he thinks of Woodstock '94?

The original one also had lots of rain.

Kristofenpheiffer
Sep 12, 2004
The Hemogoblin

Mo0 posted:

The greatest ten seconds in a sitcom ever put to film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZuEtUdsHFI

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Parks and Recreation: "Dear Canada, gently caress You."

I was actually really disappointed with the punch line, expecting something more clever.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Are Letters to Cleo playing as an actual Eagletonian band, or is Eagleton stuffing their stages with hired mainstream groups?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

404GoonNotFound posted:

Wow, that was some weird camera movement on Donna just now.

I'd have to watch it again to make sure, but I think that low-angle zoom they used was a copy of the camera move in Pulp Fiction where Marsellus Wallace says "I'm gonna get medieval on his rear end". Matches Donna's line anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Macaluso posted:

Have we seen the former Mayor of Eagleton?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Red Queen posted:

Are Letters to Cleo playing as an actual Eagletonian band, or is Eagleton stuffing their stages with hired mainstream groups?

99% sure the latter, it's Eagleton.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Like, was it a hypnosis accident or something?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Like, was it a hypnosis accident or something?

I liked that their word was 'nutmeg', straight out of 30 Rock.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amy Poehler was assaulted last night

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Adam Scott's face in that second pic.

I hope Bill Murray being there is a good sign for the show.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think Bill Murray being in that picture is more a sign of being friends with Amy Poehler and both of them having a vested interest in that industry more than anything else

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I want to know whose face is behind Bill Hader's in the first and Adam Scott in the second. There's someone trying to hide their involvement in this and that will not stand! :mad:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think it's Joel Murray, literally in his brother's shadow:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Amy Poehler was assaulted last night

Dear Hollywood please make a movie where everyone in these pictures is in it because I love them all. Thanks in advance

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Couldn't share a direct link to this so the vulture article will have to do: http://www.vulture.com/m/2014/03/deleted-parks-and-recreation-scene-game-of-thrones.html

EDIT: Proper direct link: http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/video/deleted-scene-ben-and-the-iron-throne/2750921

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 4, 2014

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Conquistador posted:

I think Bill Murray being in that picture is more a sign of being friends with Amy Poehler and both of them having a vested interest in that industry more than anything else

At least it creates a good environment for a collaboration

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Everybody get in here, Ron has a baby!!!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh Ron, cool baby.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Pawnee Journal described it as 'why would anybody do this'.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Craig is the best character who hasn't been around since season 1

(aside from maybe Ben but probably tied with Ben)

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Gonna get yelled at but who's the new chick again?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jerry is just there on the other side of the glass wondering what is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

twistedmentat posted:

Jerry is just there on the other side of the glass wondering what is going on.

I think Larry's pretty shocked that he wasn't cut off by the banner this time.

• Locked thread