Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I meant a videogame. Mass Effect in the 41st millenium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Baron Bifford posted:

I can imagine the nerd rage already. "You're basically railroaded down the renegade path, there are super bad outcomes to every paragon choice!" :qq:

Liveware
Feb 5, 2014

Cooked Auto posted:

That I think is about to happen with the second edition of Dark Heresy, where you already play Inquisitorial Acolytes. I recall hearing when 2nd ed was unveiled that one of the new things it was going to do was to letting you be able to play as an Inquisitor.
Of course considering they scrapped 90% of their rules from the first iteration of the beta because of grognards I have no idea if this was saved or not.

I'm pretty sure playing as an Inquisitor was already enabled in 1E by the Ascension splat.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Baron Bifford posted:

Yeah well specify that then. :colbert:

FrozenDorf posted:

I'm pretty sure playing as an Inquisitor was already enabled in 1E by the Ascension splat.

Yeah but this would let you do it from the start apparently and perhaps not be as broken as I think that expansion turned out to be.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

I've always loved the idea of a Dark Heresy style videogame. Bonus points for a Space Marine DLC that basically makes your a supaman at the cost of disabling any and all dialogue option resolutions :black101:

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
A party based open world 40k game in which you can play as an Inquisitor and his Acolytes would be beyond amazing. I would just hang out on hive worlds and look for signs of heresy :getin:.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm reading through the graphic novel Daemonifuge and there is a bit where an Inquisitor goes undercover disguised as a Black Templar so as to unmask a heretical Brother-Captain. This shouldn't be possible.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Baron Bifford posted:

I'm reading through the graphic novel Daemonifuge and there is a bit where an Inquisitor goes undercover disguised as a Black Templar so as to unmask a heretical Brother-Captain. This shouldn't be possible.

Yeah I can't see Grimaldus letting heresy slide in his legion :v:

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Demiurge4 posted:

I can imagine the nerd rage already. "You're basically railroaded down the renegade path, there are super bad outcomes to every paragon choice!" :qq:

All dialogue has renegade interrupts where you jam your chainsword through the guy's torso.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I was thinking something more along the line of Puritan - Radical. You could do forbidden things like equip your party members with xeno weaponry or dabble in sorcery, at the risk of excommunication.

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 3, 2014

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
Renegade is Chainsworded in half. Paragon is a merciful Bolter round to the face.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Baron Bifford posted:

You are correct. That is only the start of the problems, however. Daemonifuge is, if I remember right, kinda poo poo on the 'fits the setting' deal.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Baron Bifford posted:

Seriously - how does this work?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Dog_Meat posted:

Seriously - how does this work?

Well, we had an assassin implanted extensivly enough to pass as a genestealer so maybe something like that :v:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

VanSandman posted:

You are correct. That is only the start of the problems, however. Daemonifuge is, if I remember right, kinda poo poo on the 'fits the setting' deal.
I've read through a bunch of graphic novels and most of them are poo poo. Poor art and poor story.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Waroduce posted:

Well, we had an assassin implanted extensivly enough to pass as a genestealer so maybe something like that :v:
That's always been that way. Daemonifuge is the story that takes the old "no Adeptus Sororitas has ever fallen to Chaos" line and instead has the protagonist get possessed by a daemon. Twice.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
That's the Grey Knights you're talking about, no? I think I've read of Sisters falling to Chaos.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Arquinsiel posted:

That's always been that way. Daemonifuge is the story that takes the old "no Adeptus Sororitas has ever fallen to Chaos" line and instead has the protagonist get possessed by a daemon. Twice.

You mean 'Grey Knight', surely.

There are two 40k graphic novels that I've seen that don't suck. Titan and Deff Skwadron.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

VanSandman posted:

You mean 'Grey Knight', surely.

There are two 40k graphic novels that I've seen that don't suck. Titan and Deff Skwadron.

Most of the Abnett graphic novels are enjoyable.

Damnation Crusade is rad as heck. Tankred endures!

Exterminatus is pretty fun too.

Blood and Thunder is worth a read if you like orks, and has nice art.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I finished Scars last night and honestly i was pretty impressed, and the author did a decent enough job with the white scars.

Can anyone explain what happened to the space marines that were found killed by legionary blades found by Shibian? I want to say it was loyal marines killed by the lodge members, but at the same time they had a lodge medal.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Baron Bifford posted:

That's the Grey Knights you're talking about, no? I think I've read of Sisters falling to Chaos.
Nope, back when Daemonifuge new there was only one company of Grey Knights and the Adeptus Sororitas were immune to Chaos "because women are perfect and uncorruptable" and then it happened lots after that.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

UberJumper posted:

I finished Scars last night and honestly i was pretty impressed, and the author did a decent enough job with the white scars.

Can anyone explain what happened to the space marines that were found killed by legionary blades found by Shibian? I want to say it was loyal marines killed by the lodge members, but at the same time they had a lodge medal.

Pretty sure that's correct - the lodge medal was dropped or fell off.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I thought they were killed by Alpha legion, who also killed some lodge members because you know alpha legion. Plus not all scars lodge members were on the same page

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Whenever the topic of GW graphic novels/comics come up I always recommend Obvious Tactics because of how balls out insane it is. Even if you have to put in some effort in finding it though.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Cooked Auto posted:

Whenever the topic of GW graphic novels/comics come up I always recommend Obvious Tactics because of how balls out insane it is. Even if you have to put in some effort in finding it though.

That is an astoundingly terrible name for a non-comedy book.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

I want to see this but with the most terrible romance plot and when the time comes for the inevitable sex scene with the big chested female Eldar after doing a mountain of irrelevant side quests, a puritan Inquisitor Lord comes and shoots you in the head for dereliction of duty and heresy. :commissar:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That is an astoundingly terrible name for a non-comedy book.

Perhaps, but it still so utterly amazing because it doesn't take itself serious one iota and the dialogue is about four times as hammy as any other warhammer comic dialogue I've read. Such a fun read. :D
In modern terms you could see it as a Deathwatch RPG campaign that just tries to ramp up the set pieces constantly and just making them more and more insane as it goes on meanwhile the players spout lines such as "Kill me? Kill me? ...No! For I am DEATH!" as they mow through hordes of cultists.
So amazingly hammy and just the way 40k should be at times.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cooked Auto posted:

Perhaps, but it still so utterly amazing because it doesn't take itself serious one iota and the dialogue is about four times as hammy as any other warhammer comic dialogue I've read. Such a fun read. :D
In modern terms you could see it as a Deathwatch RPG campaign that just tries to ramp up the set pieces constantly and just making them more and more insane as it goes on meanwhile the players spout lines such as "Kill me? Kill me? ...No! For I am DEATH!" as they mow through hordes of cultists.
So amazingly hammy and just the way 40k should be at times.

I may have to look this up, especially if it's anything like the Doom comic book like it sounds.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Arquinsiel posted:

Some Sororitas did to the way of Slaanesh.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Aziraphale posted:

Some Sororitas did to the way of Slaanesh.
That happened two editions later.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Does anyone have an opinion on Lord of the Night? My coworker said it was horrific, but the OP says its decent. The book is also from an author i have never heard of before.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I thought it was good. Not as good as ADB's Night Lords stuff, but still pretty well written for a 40k book.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

It's pretty good and it gives you a couple of different perspective on Kurze that again might be true or total bunk. Talos makes fun of the main char in his books for being an idiot but then again Talos is completely deluded himself. Maybe.

ed balls balls man
Apr 17, 2006
It's been a couple of years since I read it, but for its time it was a good book. Helps to understand a few of the Night Lords trilogy references when you read it. Simon Spurrior (sp) used to contribute a lot to White Dwarf years ago, can't remember what else he did though. I imagine some codex work.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I agree with everyone else - it isn't a bad book. I thought it was a bit slow to start off with, so maybe that's where your coworker gave up on it. It isn't as good as the ADB books, but what is?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Angel Exterminatus is listed as "Great" in the OP...what heresy is this?

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Uroboros posted:

Angel Exterminatus is listed as "Great" in the OP...what heresy is this?

Without new BL books to talk about we have started to turn on one another. Save us GW.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, I found recently the Sabbat War anthology. I have only read the ADB story in it, which was pretty decent in and of itself. How's the rest?

Impaired Casing
Jul 1, 2012

We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.
Black Library has the short story "The Wolf of Ash and Fire" as a free ebook today. Go get it. It's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, I found recently the Sabbat War anthology. I have only read the ADB story in it, which was pretty decent in and of itself. How's the rest?
I like it. There's some really great little stories in there, and nothing struck me as worse than decent.