Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Just chillin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Xenaero posted:

Just chillin'

Just chillin'.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Shadowlz posted:

Just chillin'.
This is pretty obviously Photoshopped, dude. Everyone knows you've never won an MVP star for most eliminations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

friends all deranked to silver. let's do this

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Coleman posted:

This is pretty obviously Photoshopped, dude. Everyone knows you've never won an MVP star for most eliminations.

If you look in the lower right you can see I got it for just 1 kill too.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow that was fun tonight. Down 7-1 to the come back. Was a blast. :hellyeah:

Thanks for helping me out.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Had fun in my first goonman tonight getting called a cheater (cosbycoin). Thanks for the game!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

sleepness posted:

Had fun in my first goonman tonight getting called a cheater (cosbycoin). Thanks for the game!

haha wait did you actually play a goonman, or was it the game we played?

sorry for my dismal performance at the start... the games we played after you left were actually better

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

EbolaIvory posted:

Pub casual games. I roll UMP and Tec-9. UMP only so I dont have to pickup someone elses poo poo after I tec them in the face. God I love that stupid gun.

Maybe instead of using 1200, select "weapon switch on pickup" to "off" in the settings?

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Ernie. posted:

haha wait did you actually play a goonman, or was it the game we played?

sorry for my dismal performance at the start... the games we played after you left were actually better

Oh I thought that was considered a goonman! No worries dude - just a game. You played solidly.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Vahakyla posted:

Maybe instead of using 1200, select "weapon switch on pickup" to "off" in the settings?

Nahhhh Its fun to whip out and finish off someone reloading with. UMP/Tec for life.

And who has that option even turned on anyways? poo poo should be off by default. Speaking of which. Does your config not cloud sync? I had to reset a bunch of poo poo after a format. :(

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Just takin' a nap.

Note the amount of bullets left in the mag :smuggo:

Gristley Bear fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 3, 2014

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Alright so tell me, you wise spergs, why using Galil or Famas is frowned upon by the "elites", as is going armor and starter pistol? I know goons don't care that much, I'm talking more "out there".

I understand playing for fun and this is what I do. I am not going to change my mind or anything, but I do not view the M4a4 to be worth it, with Famas being almost a deca-Ben cheaper. Famas is also very high rate of fire and decent accuracy.

If I buy a cheap rifle, I go galil/famas. If not, I go AUG//SG. For me, there is not much inbetween.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Galil and Famas are good force buy guns (Full armor and a weaker rifle). They're also good when you win the pistol round as the new meta for the opposing team is to get armor and p250s. It's easier to kill armored opponents with the galil/famas than the SMGs.

In general, on a full buy round the ak/m4 are bought more often as they are much stronger than the cheaper rifles. The ak is a one hit headshot even with a helmet, unless you're really long range like deep in pit to A plat in dust2.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You really feel those 5 rounds on the Famas, but the really big reason is that the Famas/Galil just aren't as accurate. The M4 and the AK zero back in to perfect accuracy much better and it makes them a much more consistent weapon when shooting in bursts because you keep your reliability.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The M4 does more damage than a famas. Also:

vs

And the galil/famas aren't "frowned upon" at all, it's just that the M4/AK are straight upgrades over the cheaper options.

edit: (that gif is for the M4A4 because slime never updated the text when they added the M4A1-S)

edit2: regarding the AUG/SG553, there is literally no reason to ever buy an SG because the AK is a 1hk through a helmet. Buying an SG is a waste of $300 that you could spend on a smoke or HE nade. Personally I also would not recommend buying the AUG now that the crazy AUG buff patch is over, but it is still sort of useful since it's a 1hk through a helmet now. But again, in my opinion you should be spending that money on an M4 + a grenade over the AUG. If you find yourself buying the AUG or SG just because of the scope, you need to get better at aiming with the stock crosshairs because the scopes are just a crutch.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 3, 2014

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

sleepness posted:

Oh I thought that was considered a goonman! No worries dude - just a game. You played solidly.

information for actual goonmans right here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576152

those games are way more challenging as well because the older players are monsters

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My favorite Phoenix map is Agency because of the face on the wall.

That's the only reason.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

astr0man posted:

The M4 does more damage than a famas. Also:

vs

And the galil/famas aren't "frowned upon" at all, it's just that the M4/AK are straight upgrades over the cheaper options.

edit: (that gif is for the M4A4 because slime never updated the text when they added the M4A1-S)

edit2: regarding the AUG/SG553, there is literally no reason to ever buy an SG because the AK is a 1hk through a helmet. Buying an SG is a waste of $300 that you could spend on a smoke or HE nade. Personally I also would not recommend buying the AUG now that the crazy AUG buff patch is over, but it is still sort of useful since it's a 1hk through a helmet now. But again, in my opinion you should be spending that money on an M4 + a grenade over the AUG. If you find yourself buying the AUG or SG just because of the scope, you need to get better at aiming with the stock crosshairs because the scopes are just a crutch.

Sure I did, the gif you posted is the unsilenced M4A1, here they are.

a slime fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 3, 2014

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

NTT posted:

You really feel those 5 rounds on the Famas, but the really big reason is that the Famas/Galil just aren't as accurate. The M4 and the AK zero back in to perfect accuracy much better and it makes them a much more consistent weapon when shooting in bursts because you keep your reliability.

Famas is more accurate than the m4 on burst mode. It has basically same accuracy and damage on normal firing mode. Famas is under prized pretty hardcore for how good the gun actually is.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
This game's not that fun anymore but it's probably because all I really do is run around with dual Berettas:

That and the whole patching out everything fun/silly thing. Some of the changes to the maps are really good though in terms of gameplay despite overall looking worse in many cases.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My heart sank when I downranked yet again to single ak.

It's over. I'll never be signed. I'll never be able to hold someone's low steamID against them in a beatdown. I'll never get my deagle skin accepted by Valve. I'll never win the Oscar for best performance in a peeking role.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

de_cbble sure is a map.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Xenaero posted:

It's over. I'll never be signed. I'll never be able to hold someone's low steamID against them in a beatdown. I'll never get my deagle skin accepted by Valve. I'll never win the Oscar for best performance in a peeking role.

You are the Leonardo DiCaprio of counterstrike.

And cbble isn't a bad map, well not exactly. It's just no one wants to play it to learn it. It feels very exposed especially when trying to push as T to A and i think that along with the hilarious choke point at B make it daunting. At least to me it seems futile sometimes.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Vahakyla posted:

Alright so tell me, you wise spergs, why using Galil or Famas is frowned upon by the "elites", as is going armor and starter pistol? I know goons don't care that much, I'm talking more "out there".

I understand playing for fun and this is what I do. I am not going to change my mind or anything, but I do not view the M4a4 to be worth it, with Famas being almost a deca-Ben cheaper. Famas is also very high rate of fire and decent accuracy.

If I buy a cheap rifle, I go galil/famas. If not, I go AUG//SG. For me, there is not much inbetween.

I've never seen it in CS:GO, but back in 1.6/Source there were occasionally teams that would try and use the Famas on CT as their main rifle (not the Galil though). The reason why is that obviously you would have to eco vastly less.

You kind of look at it and think - hey, that would be a pretty sweet idea, if you could practice and become really decent with the gun itself.

In practice though, it never turned out to be a good tactic and every major team that tried it eventually reverted. The disadvantages of the Famas in comparison to the M4 mean that buy rounds are tilted just that much further in favour of Ts and that is enough to undercut any advantage you might get from stopping the need to eco 2-3 rounds a half because you can't capitalise on your actual buy rounds.

On top of that, the Famas was a far more valid pickup in Source than it is in GO with the addition of the M4A1. It has significantly less spraydown potential, less bullets, less damage, less accuracy, and higher/more difficult recoil (I think?). And the Galil in GO is pretty much junk compared to the AK, sooooo.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Jeza posted:

On top of that, the Famas was a far more valid pickup in Source than it is in GO with the addition of the M4A1. It has significantly less spraydown potential, less bullets, less damage, less accuracy, and higher/more difficult recoil (I think?). And the Galil in GO is pretty much junk compared to the AK, sooooo.

It's a bit more mixed than that- the Famas has five more bullets than the M4A1. The M4A1 costs $650 more, but it has a silencer and it is more accurate. The magnitude of the recoil is about the same, and which one is easier to spray is arguable.

Personally I think the silencer is the most valuable thing in the game and that the M4A1 is a really obvious best pick on the CT team. I would barely ever buy a Famas over the M4A1.

a slime fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 3, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

a slime posted:

Sure I did, the gif you posted is the unsilenced M4A1, here they are.

Oh I guess I'm just bad at reading or something then oops

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
I've been using the M4A4 lately instead of its silenced counterpart. I'm not sure which one I like better they both get the job done. Is there a M4A4 beside a M4A1-S spray gif? I'm curious the difference.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
All of those gifs are available on slime's website (it's also in the op)

http://twowordbird.com/articles/csgo-recoil-mechanics/

edit: also he just posted the m4a4 vs m4a1-s comparison like 3 posts ago...

astr0man fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 3, 2014

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

edit: ^^^^^^^ there is also my website which has more details

Eyke posted:

I've been using the M4A4 lately instead of its silenced counterpart. I'm not sure which one I like better they both get the job done. Is there a M4A4 beside a M4A1-S spray gif? I'm curious the difference.

There is an imgur album with all of the gifs, and they all share the same scale, so all you have to do is put two of them next to each other.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Jeza posted:

I've never seen it in CS:GO, but back in 1.6/Source there were occasionally teams that would try and use the Famas on CT as their main rifle (not the Galil though). The reason why is that obviously you would have to eco vastly less.

zneel was pretty famous for doing that. He was pretty good with it.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

Xenaero posted:

I know how it feels. I once had a glorious sheriff badge. I started having something people refer to as fun and I de-ranked. Now I sport a lonely AK.

For now I'll be using the m4a4 just because I got a skin for it and for a change of pace

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Neither are really frowned upon, Galil and Famas are perfectly fine if you're the only one on your team that can't afford their default M4/AK loadout, or after pistol rounds. Body Armor on the first round is only slightly discouraged because at that level of play, most kills with a pistol on the pistol round wind up being headshots.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dvsilverwing posted:

Neither are really frowned upon, Galil and Famas are perfectly fine if you're the only one on your team that can't afford their default M4/AK loadout, or after pistol rounds. Body Armor on the first round is only slightly discouraged because at that level of play, most kills with a pistol on the pistol round wind up being headshots.

I've seen people up to double AK still buying body armor on 2nd round instead of a bunch of grenades, and it doesn't seem that bad an option. It probably would be less valuable if aimpunch weren't a thing, but with pistols people tend to get hit in the chest / shoulder area at medium long range even with good players.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

zneel was pretty famous for doing that. He was pretty good with it.

I raise you the cleanest FAMAS ace ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkuj0TpWCUw

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Jeza posted:

I raise you the cleanest FAMAS ace ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkuj0TpWCUw

Pfft. Even I can do anti-eco glock train aces. :colbert:

Not like that though.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Twerk from Home posted:

I've seen people up to double AK still buying body armor on 2nd round instead of a bunch of grenades, and it doesn't seem that bad an option. It probably would be less valuable if aimpunch weren't a thing, but with pistols people tend to get hit in the chest / shoulder area at medium long range even with good players.

You should be buying armor on second round if you win pistol. Both vest and helmet, if you don't, you run the risk of getting tapped in the head by a pistol which, even at range, can still one shot to the head. Second round after a pistol loss is a different thing, of course and depends on whatever strategy your team decides to employ.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Coleman posted:

You should be buying armor on second round if you win pistol. Both vest and helmet, if you don't, you run the risk of getting tapped in the head by a pistol which, even at range, can still one shot to the head. Second round after a pistol loss is a different thing, of course and depends on whatever strategy your team decides to employ.

Whoops, I meant first round, pistol round. I know that a bunch of nades or maybe a defuse kit is the pro way to go, but I feel that pistol round armor saves my bacon frequently because of aimpunch.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Twerk from Home posted:

Whoops, I meant first round, pistol round. I know that a bunch of nades or maybe a defuse kit is the pro way to go, but I feel that pistol round armor saves my bacon frequently because of aimpunch.

Depends on your opponents. I won't will buy armor first round against silvers/novas but will won't if I'm playing with MGE/DMG goons.

Edit: gently caress off

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Depends on your opponents. I won't buy armor first round against silvers/novas but will if I'm playing with MGE/DMG goons.

I struggle to understand this logic.

• Locked thread