Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I don't think anyone could handle Spender coming back as a force ghost or as Spender the White(er).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Really doubt Spender is dying soon though

No, but events soon could set up events later, especially with Grandpa giving us that bit of foreshadowing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Spender dying also makes sense from a storytelling perspective because he's supposedly incredibly strong, which means the kids will only seem relevant when he's not around or as plot devices to make Spender look stronger/incompetent. That said, I don't really expect him to die this arc.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Why do you all want Spenderman to die? :(

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Meowjesty posted:

Why do you all want Spenderman to die? :(

They're jealous that they can't be as cool as Spender. :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Line Feed posted:

They're jealous that they can't be as cool as Spender. :colbert:

The sooner Spender dies, the sooner Starchman takes his place as mentor

:getin:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

We'll never find out if Zack doesn't post the update though. He's been getting later and later with the updates over the last few weeks. Hopefully he's not getting bogged down or anything.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I dunno, Spender getting ghosted would be a neat character development. Any associated spirits would presumably be cut loose, he'd be limited by well, being a ghost, and it'd turn up the danger factor a bit.

Plus, if turns out he is playing for the bad side, it'd be a nice way to provide a redemption arc.

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

We'll never find out if Zack doesn't post the update though. He's been getting later and later with the updates over the last few weeks. Hopefully he's not getting bogged down or anything.

Zack's Twitter, 13 hours ago posted:

The page is going to be a little late because I hab a cold. Has made for slow going. Thanks for patience. Now I am sleep.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

unacceptable

unforgiveable

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

neogeo0823 posted:

The pages have been becoming more and more complex, though.

Isn't he still in college?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

They're always some time on Monday and Friday, just not immediately in the morning. Given the crazy large number of webcomics that just don't bother to update at all (sometimes with authors that do them for a living), that's more than OK by me. :kiddo:

Brannock posted:

Isn't he still in college?

I think so.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It's finally up: http://paranatural.net/index.php?id=240

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Awwww yeah, now I'm hyped.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Time to see Mr Splendid in action.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Aaaaah hype overload!

Also the alt dialogue is so loving true.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like the hovertext's spin on the situation.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah you just walk into that big trap, Mr. Spendork.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I can't wait for how underwhelming his form is going to be. :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This was linked to in the comments:
http://importrawdata.tumblr.com/post/78192590645/i-might-have-successfully-translated-the-pixskulls

It seems way too convoluted and annoying to write, but he did get coherent sentences out of it, so... maybe?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Simsmagic posted:

I can't wait for how underwhelming his form is going to be. :allears:

Yeah, ever since he threw that bolt at Forge's chest that did absolutely nothing, I've been waiting for the big reveal that he beat the "Biggest, Baddest Sprit" largely by accident and that he's about to get thoroughly trounced.

But I guess seing him go Super Spender Level 2 would be pretty cool, too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

http://importrawdata.tumblr.com/post/78192590645/i-might-have-successfully-translated-the-pixskulls

It seems way too convoluted and annoying to write, but he did get coherent sentences out of it, so... maybe?

That's a lot of decoding work to get even one word.

So I guess that's actually pretty appropriate, yeah.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
"avatar state, yip yip" made me laugh too much.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Cat Mattress posted:

People are loving crazy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

That guy must've done a lot of horrible things to be able to translate that.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

SlothfulCobra posted:

That guy must've done a lot of horrible things to be able to translate that.

On one hand, we can now theoretically translate all the skullspeak. On the other hand, the guy who figured it out is a RSO :smith:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Wait holy poo poo he stole the light out of Forge's fireball.

Spender you crazy.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

It is me, I am the stupid one. :smith:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
If he has dark powers, this is when they'll come out. Notice that he uses light powers when the sunglasses are dark.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Cat Mattress posted:

Dug through the notes on that one, and got one that's less garbled.

http://pimptofu.tumblr.com/post/78424749997

For those of you too lazy to click on links.

Purple energy dog: “The sunglasses spectral. We can use him.”
Red energy dog: “I will go. Kill the children.”

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I just saw that and was about to post it. Man, that's a crazy encryption, but props for that guy for figuring it out.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is there anything else yet that can be translated with the same method?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

flatluigi posted:

Not yet, and that'll be the real test. Though given how relevant the decoded text is I think it's a fairly safe bet. More text would just confirm it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I really want forge-man to not get demolished and reduced to a tool. Spender can have his moment to shine with someone else.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Brought To You By posted:

I really want forge-man to not get demolished and reduced to a tool. Spender can have his moment to shine with someone else.

It's always Spender's moment to shine. He has light powers.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

flatluigi posted:

What I really like is, since it's based on what words we have available in the book/chapters and whatnot. I hope he does something like [chapter 6, page 20, word 9] when we just enter chapter 5 to hide talking about a plot important name until it's relevant, and making it so even if we did know the cypher, we can't do anything with it until it's relevent. It also means later he can put in weird dialogue that makes you go "what that seems fo-OH IT'S FROM X PERSON'S CONVERSATION 6 WEEKS AGO"

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
The skulls could also look weirder and weirder as time goes on, since there's no way to reference Chapter 5+ without more eyes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Wait, you don't count the eye sockets, you count the dots in the eye sockets...

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
He's mentioned before I think that the codes and such are meant for when the PoV character can't understand it. He may not need the codes after Ch. 5 simply because all the established PoV characters will possibly speak the language already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I think Zack forgot to pay his bills.