Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

darth cookie posted:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=22181898 :cripes:

and this was probably the fit I lost to:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=22259970 double :cripes:

In retrospect I should have stayed on the edge of scram range, murdered his drones and then just finished him off once his DPS was down to nothing.

Ah well, live and learn.

Most of them are garbage. Reelism bought like a billion isk worth of these drat things for topgoon whenever they first came out, and I'm still sitting on them wondering what the gently caress I'm supposed to do with them. Fortunately they are up in vale which is far enough away for me to not bother going to get them or feel guilty about abandoning them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Most of them are garbage. Reelism bought like a billion isk worth of these drat things for topgoon whenever they first came out, and I'm still sitting on them wondering what the gently caress I'm supposed to do with them. Fortunately they are up in vale which is far enough away for me to not bother going to get them or feel guilty about abandoning them.

I died because I was dumb and didn't know how to fight it more than anything else I think.

As for what do do with them, why not do a gimmick drone assist fleet until you run out?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Leo Showers posted:

Have you noticed that you are shunned from pretty much every other group on SA because you are a pretty poo poo poster?

Most likely not.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

darth cookie posted:

I died because I was dumb and didn't know how to fight it more than anything else I think.

As for what do do with them, why not do a gimmick drone assist fleet until you run out?

Don't feel like making a bunch of trips to go get them.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Noctis Horrendae posted:

The last few posts alone prove that.
Have you noticed how only a handful of EVE goons post on other threads? Maybe they're shunned from other goon cliques.

You don't fit in. Go away.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

darth cookie posted:

That immobile brick fit seems to be the only viable one for the Algos, and it pretty much relies on your prey coming to you. That's acceptable for a battleship, but not so much for an 8k EHP destroyer.

A dual-prop Firetail/Dramiel should definitely be able to control the engagement, but I dunno if you would have had time to kill all of his drones; 60m3 of bonused meds/lights is like 6-7k EHP.
FWIW, I'd change the DCII on your fit to a meta3/4 and the nanofiber to a Gyro II.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Hollow Talk posted:

Is this the kind of activity that uses a passive targeter alongside a module scanner (to find out whether they are tanked) and a cargo scanner (to find out whether it's worth killing them)? Because that seems to be one of the few instances were that module actually makes some sense to me. Are they used in any other contexts?

Your suggestion isn't bad for the course. Unfortunately, a smart, non-afk miner will warp away as soon as they see you, so the passive targeting array does nothing. Though it might be useful if you're going after ice mining fleets. The cargo/mod scanner could be useful if you don't have a scan alt and want to scope out afk miners before giving it a go, and I don't actually believe you lose too much effectiveness over AB/Scram, SEBO/MECCM or any of the other convos.

Of course, best practice is to use a scanner alt in a heron or something that can also scoop the loot. And scan T1 haulers for highsec ganking :getin:

The bhaalgorn is an interesting use. Unfortunately, this is somewhat limited [in all the above cases -ed.] by the fact that module scanners don't produce complete results. It requires several scans to get a good indication of what mods are fitted on a ship.

On a side note:

I can't decide what to train. I've spent the last 2 months getting all supports and fitting skills to 4 (and some to five). I can fly T2 Minmatar Frigates (AssFrigs, Intys, Covops), and T1s up to BCs. What to do? Electronic Attack frigates? T2 Caldari Frigates? T2 Medium Projectiles? A sabre?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Noctis Horrendae posted:

The last few posts alone prove that.

Have you noticed how only a handful of EVE goons post on other threads? Maybe they're shunned from other goon cliques.

Just shut the gently caress up and go away. Noone likes your poo poo-tier posting.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I can't decide what to train. I've spent the last 2 months getting all supports and fitting skills to 4 (and some to five). I can fly T2 Minmatar Frigates (AssFrigs, Intys, Covops), and T1s up to BCs. What to do? Electronic Attack frigates? T2 Caldari Frigates? T2 Medium Projectiles? A sabre?

Training all racial frigates and small weapons to V is the thing I'm most glad about training. It's nice to know that you can hop into any frigate in the game on a whim.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Got a retriever! Everybody in the area was wide awake and aware that me and fap angel (SA name unknown) were looking for kills, so I swapped to a stealth bomber. Saw a target, flew up and bookmarked him, then switched to my catalyst and fleet warped us to the bookmark.

We landed RIGHT on top of him. Fap angel had his safety on and failed to get on the killmail, and I killed the guy in the same tick that CONCORD showed up and jammed me. He was paying attention too, because his pod took off as soon as he died. I'm officially a hisec ganker now! :black101:

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Which ship sizes do you like flying the most? Fleets or small-gang?

If frigates, then yeah Caldari inties/AFs and/or the Sabre. T2 projectiles won't really change how fun you find flying cruisers/BCs, other than that it's necessary for HACs, Cynabals, etc. Obviously training for HACs will take quite a bit longer than interdictors or Caldari frigs, and won't be very relevant in fleet work, so unless you really don't like flying light ships then I'd at least get into a Sabre first.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I like how that dude is sperging so hard about my response. I'm pretty sure I was as mature and level headed as you can get with my post and he just notched up that righteous indignation like I dishonored his family.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

I like how that dude is sperging so hard about my response. I'm pretty sure I was as mature and level headed as you can get with my post and he just notched up that righteous indignation like I dishonored his family.

You responded in basically the polar opposite of how I do, and you're the one that gets jumped on by that dumb rear end in a top hat. Life's weird.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Dear people who think it's fine/cool/witty to post in babytalk levels of shitpost.

gently caress off. Go back to the retard colony known as Reddit.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

koreban posted:

Then again, you've got an avatar of a guy who spent days whining on a kickstarter about an anthropomorphic wolf model for children not having valid penile sheath or labia flap modeling. Maybe you are the resident expert on being shunned.

What is this? I almost don't want to know, but curiosity is killing this cat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I spent the last two hours ratting in a PVP Drake with T2 launchers and ammo because there's literally nothing else it's good for any more. :v:

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

The Leper Colon V posted:

I spent the last two hours ratting in a PVP Drake with T2 launchers and ammo because there's literally nothing else it's good for any more. :v:

Bricktanked cyno bait?

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Was it in a belt?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

mikey posted:

Which ship sizes do you like flying the most? Fleets or small-gang?

If frigates, then yeah Caldari inties/AFs and/or the Sabre. T2 projectiles won't really change how fun you find flying cruisers/BCs, other than that it's necessary for HACs, Cynabals, etc. Obviously training for HACs will take quite a bit longer than interdictors or Caldari frigs, and won't be very relevant in fleet work, so unless you really don't like flying light ships then I'd at least get into a Sabre first.

I like Jaguars and Stilettos, though I don't fully understand how to fly them well even still. I've got T2 Small Hybrids and Projectiles, T2 Medium Projectiles. I have Long Range Targetting V queued right now, as it's support-y, and gives me EAF, increasing the return on training Caldari/Gallente Frig to V, but it sounds like Sabre is really the way to go.

Edit: Didn't answer the first question, but I think I tend to like small gang more than mainfleet, though most of my experience in the last ~4 months has been Theta Homeland Defense and main fleet. So I guess EAF works for small gang, and Sabre works for all-gangs.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

vyst posted:

Actually I didn't take it any offence to what you and the other guy said. I'm new here, you corrected my behaviour, I appreciate you could have dog piled me worse. Job done. Now then back to content: I can't seem to work out why someone would choose a Guardian over an Oneiros for their choice of T2 armour logi aside from the 10% extra remote sensor booster bonus advantage the Guardian has? Does it really make that much of a difference?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kheldragar posted:

Was it in a belt?
It was. I don't remember how to hunt anomalies, so I just flew out to MXX and started shooting NPC red crosses.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
If I wanna make a rocket talwar would I get more out of a shield extender or scan res sebo in the mids?

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

It was. I don't remember how to hunt anomalies, so I just flew out to MXX and started shooting NPC red crosses.

Open your scanner and click the anomalies tab.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
We got another Retriever in 0.6 space this time. Him, an orca, and a mackinaw were all sitting right on the belt's beacon, so it was trivial catching the poor bastard. He had a bunch of T2 mining crystals in his cargo, so the kill was worth 52 million.

The rush I'm getting from killing miners in hisec is pretty goddamn intense. I may literally be addicted to this now.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Azurrat posted:

We got another Retriever in 0.6 space this time. Him, an orca, and a mackinaw were all sitting right on the belt's beacon, so it was trivial catching the poor bastard. He had a bunch of T2 mining crystals in his cargo, so the kill was worth 52 million.

The rush I'm getting from killing miners in hisec is pretty goddamn intense. I may literally be addicted to this now.

I was the same way. :shobon: Next you'll want to get the pod, hoping they send you a tear-filled Evemail because they lost SP, so you start popping Retrievers in T2 cats.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Azurrat posted:

This is adorable. Keep doing it.

Alas, you came too late for the Good Times of mining barge ganking. During the first Oxytope Interdiction, I duckwalked into belts with a smartbombing typhoon and racked up a pentakill, giggling all the while. CCP jacked barge EHP up significantly after the first interdiction. It's still good to see that it gets done, though; highsec must never forget that they are safer, not safe.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

Bean Head posted:

Now then back to content: I can't seem to work out why someone would choose a Guardian over an Oneiros for their choice of T2 armour logi aside from the 10% extra remote sensor booster bonus advantage the Guardian has? Does it really make that much of a difference?

The Oneiros needs cap mods to be cap stable with the reps running. The Guardian has 2 extra highs for 2 remote energy transfers, and can rely on a cap buddy to be cap stable. This means more room for utility mods and tank.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Bean Head posted:

Actually I didn't take it any offence to what you and the other guy said. I'm new here, you corrected my behaviour, I appreciate you could have dog piled me worse. Job done. Now then back to content: I can't seem to work out why someone would choose a Guardian over an Oneiros for their choice of T2 armour logi aside from the 10% extra remote sensor booster bonus advantage the Guardian has? Does it really make that much of a difference?

Guardians get capacitor transfer bonuses, and work well in pairs/groups since, from my math, they create cap out of thin air. The other armor logistics doesn't. There's a similar situation with the two shield logistics ships, one has a capacitor transfer bonus and one doesn't.

^ that guy's probably a lot righter.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

Azurrat posted:

It's principally one of my favourite things in this game. I just wish it was economical to kill a skiff.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

uwaeve posted:

Guardians get capacitor transfer bonuses, and work well in pairs/groups since, from my math, they create cap out of thin air. The other armor logistics doesn't. There's a similar situation with the two shield logistics ships, one has a capacitor transfer bonus and one doesn't.

^ that guy's probably a lot righter.

The difference is the basilisk is pretty poo poo

Fred Lynn
Feb 22, 2013
As long as we're discussing ship fits instead of AFK cloaking and J4Gs, what do you all think of this Keres fit. I asked around a bit in jabber and no one had any sample fits for me so I just half-assed one on my own.

Keres

High
2 75mm Gatling Rail II

Medium
1 MN Microwarpdrive II
2 Phased Muon Sensor Damp I
1 Warp Disrupter II
1 Warp Scrambler II

Low
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
200 mm Reinforced Steel Plates II

Drones
2 Warrior II

I was imagining that it would be useful in a small gang. The damps and warp disrupter/scrambler are bonused. And, I've only got EAF 3 right now if that matters. Let me know what you think.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Lose the guns and use a meta MWD, I'd also try to shield tank it and run an afterburner to fly it in harpy fleet.

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Every person that uses "toon" in place of character is using baby talk to try to sound "distinguished" or "leet" because they know an obscure jargon word that only "elite" MMO players use. Somehow making GBS threads on this stupid bullshit is not Goony to some people.
Every time someone uses that word in a conversation, I play stupid just to see them wiggle around and try to pretend they aren't :saddowns:.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I prefer to call my characters my avatars. Its pretty common in MMOs.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Whenever someone uses the word "toon" to reference an Eve Online character, I get a searing migraine and my vision goes blurry before I pass out, and have to be admitted to the hospital. Please don't say "toon" in this thread. Thank you and God Bless.

e: serious question: how long does an ESS stay up? And is the bonus determined by how long it's been up total or the times since it's been cached out?

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

gwrtheyrn posted:

The difference is the basilisk is pretty poo poo

Is it the speed/sig ratio, or what? It can obviously fit far more shield transfers and do cap chains, and used to be pretty good after the first logi rebalance.

zhuangcg posted:

As long as we're discussing ship fits instead of AFK cloaking and J4Gs, what do you all think of this Keres fit. I asked around a bit in jabber and no one had any sample fits for me so I just half-assed one on my own.

That fit is OK (add an explosive rig and either a trimark or CCC depending on your cap skills), but if you don't have armor reps in your gang, fit an MAPC + 400mm plate instead. For shield fleets, use nanofibers and an MSE in place of the scram. The Keres' scrams aren't so long range without links (16km max) that it matters for much other than self-defense anyway.

Example shield-fleet fit:
code:
[Keres, WD 2x RSD Shield]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
Warp Disruptor II
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

Salvager II
[empty high slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin II x2
Edit: This can also fit an ABII and upgrade to an MSEII.

mikey fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 4, 2014

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

padijun posted:

Whenever someone uses the word "toon" to reference an Eve Online character, I get a searing migraine and my vision goes blurry before I pass out, and have to be admitted to the hospital. Please don't say "toon" in this thread. Thank you and God Bless.

Got any iskies for my toony, broski? (Stop adding i to everything.)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

"Toon" is the most stupid digression ever. (Really, the last three pages make me want to burn this thread.)

When I want to know if someone is actually competent at Eve, I'm going to ask them practical questions about Eve. Ditto for any other MMO.

For example, if you can tell me what Damage Reduction Factor is and how it affects missile damage mechanics, without Googling it -- then I'm going to conclude that you probably know your poo poo about Eve, and from that point on I'm going to pay attention to what you say, regardless of whether you use "toon" or not. You've already established your intelligence at that point. Similar tests:

* How do you recoup your escrow costs when performing a margin trading scam?
* What's the process for calculating how many bombs you need to launch to kill a fleet of X?
* A ship has A/B/C/D base resists. I fit a DC, an EANM, and an armor hardener to it. How do I compute the final resists without using EFT?
* You're being orbited by a frigate with top speed X and inertia Y. You have top speed X2 and inertia Y2. Can you juke the tackle by overheating your MWD, yes/no?

By obsessing over "toon" as if it's some sort of shibboleth for intelligence/non-intelligence, you have performed a considerably more goony reinvention of "the narwhal bacons at midnight" -- and you deserve what you get.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

"Toon" is the most stupid digression ever. (Really, the last three pages make me want to burn this thread.)

When I want to know if someone is actually competent at Eve, I'm going to ask them practical questions about Eve. Ditto for any other MMO.

For example, if you can tell me what Damage Reduction Factor is and how it affects missile damage mechanics, without Googling it -- then I'm going to conclude that you probably know your poo poo about Eve, and from that point on I'm going to pay attention to what you say, regardless of whether you use "toon" or not. You've already established your intelligence at that point. Similar tests:

* How do you recoup your escrow costs when performing a margin trading scam?
* What's the process for calculating how many bombs you need to launch to kill a fleet of X?
* A ship has A/B/C/D base resists. I fit a DC, an EANM, and an armor hardener to it. How do I compute the final resists without using EFT?
* You're being orbited by a frigate with top speed X and inertia Y. You have top speed X2 and inertia Y2. Can you juke the tackle by overheating your MWD, yes/no?

By obsessing over "toon" as if it's some sort of shibboleth for intelligence/non-intelligence, you have performed a considerably more goony reinvention of "the narwhal bacons at midnight" -- and you deserve what you get.

Since when has competence ever been a factor for our illustrious space organization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

padijun posted:

e: serious question: how long does an ESS stay up? And is the bonus determined by how long it's been up total or the times since it's been cached out?

I believe it stays up until taken down or destroyed. It needs to be taken down and moved anyway if you're positioning them in forlorn rally points and such like the bounty and LP increases the longer it is put down and I believe gets you to 105% of total bounty.

• Locked thread