Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Whoever said that I should fast-forward through Kim's storyline in season 2 of 24, I should have listened. If I could reach through the TV screen I would strangle that dumb little kid before her dad could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

While people are talking about TV comedy I feel it my humanitarian duty to point out that Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle just started it's third series. The format for this series looks to be Lee's usual stand-up sections interspersed with brief improvised faux interview snippets with Chris Morris (yes, that one, Brass Eye, Four Lions, everything worthwhile in British comedy for twenty years).

Last night's episode was about imagination and has an excellent example of how a master comedian can make people laugh without saying, or indeed appearing to do, anything.

Completely forgot about this. Thanks!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lord Of Texas posted:

Whoever said that I should fast-forward through Kim's storyline in season 2 of 24, I should have listened. If I could reach through the TV screen I would strangle that dumb little kid before her dad could

It gets worse.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Elisha Cuthbert surprisingly is very good at physical comedy. Go watch Happy Endings, dammit! Maybe the cougar storyline was intended to be comedy.

Sober fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 2, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sober posted:

Elisha Cuthbert surprisingly is very good at physical comedy. Go watch Happy Endings, dammit! Maybe the cougar storyline was intended to be comedy.

It had to have been. At one point, Kim literally shoves a child with a severe head injury into a dumpster and runs off.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

I love her in Happy Endings! Probably the only person in the universe to know her from that before 24.

Kim herself has been the least grating portion in her storyline this season IMO (I'm about a 1/3rd of the way through). It's everyone else in her scenes that make them unbearable. Although, Kim getting out of the dad's SUV and running away instead of just ramming the idiot and his convertible is serious contention for "least rational action on the show".

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lord Of Texas posted:

I love her in Happy Endings! Probably the only person in the universe to know her from that before 24.

Kim herself has been the least grating portion in her storyline this season IMO (I'm about a 1/3rd of the way through). It's everyone else in her scenes that make them unbearable. Although, Kim getting out of the dad's SUV and running away instead of just ramming the idiot and his convertible is serious contention for "least rational action on the show".

All of Canada knew her as the popular mechanics for kids girl

Holy poo poo I didn't even know that guy was Jay Baruchel

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 3, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Call me crazy but after watching True Detective I think Woody Harrelson would be a pretty good Roland of Gilead.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

leidend posted:

:aaa: Holy poo poo. I used to watch PMK on the Discovery channel all the time as a kid and I had no idea. This is Bill Nye on the Back to the Future cartoon all over again.

muscles like this? posted:

Call me crazy but after watching True Detective I think Woody Harrelson would be a pretty good Roland of Gilead.

That's about as decent as the people suggesting Aaron Paul play Eddie Dean.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

leidend posted:

Who knew that Elisha Cuthbert was once a 13 year old boy?

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
The season two premiere of Bates Motel airs tonight, episode entitled "Gone but not forgotten." Are we using the same thread, or is someone going to vomit up a new one? I love this drat show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Last night's Walking Dead reminded me of vomit

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Please keep internet opinions regarding TWD out of this thread because I'm actively avoiding them thank you.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Same here. I've started enjoying TWD much much more after I stopped following the thread on it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Paradox Personified posted:

The season two premiere of Bates Motel airs tonight, episode entitled "Gone but not forgotten." Are we using the same thread, or is someone going to vomit up a new one? I love this drat show.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3612736

Watch Bates Motel people

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Woooooooooooohoo!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

Last night's Walking Dead reminded me of vomit

The show's gotten a lot better since it became a series of vignettes about surviving in the apocalypse. Its a shame they wasted so much time on stupid farm and prison arcs when the show could have been this way all along.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Daryl talking about his past got me thinkin I'd like to see Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus play nearly identical characters on Justified.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The big reveal was hilarious.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Season 1 of Bates Motel is American Horror Story Season 1 levels of :wtc:, I still don't know if I actually like it or not or even what it's trying to do but it sure is a hell of a thing.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
The thing about Bates is that the characters act very stupidly, in service to the plot. The writing is paper thin on that show, sadly I'm stuck watching it with the SO. At least it has good acting, with the poo poo material they have to work with, that's saying something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wouldn't say the characters act stupid, just that they are all (ALL) absolutely insane and the town is one dwarf shy of being Twin Peaks.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

I wouldn't say the characters act stupid, just that they are all (ALL) absolutely insane and the town is one dwarf shy of being Twin Peaks.

I agree with this observation.

I rather enjoyed Bates Motel. It didn't grab me right away, but by the end of the season I was definitely a fan.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

precision posted:

Yeah, the town in Bates Motel is one hosed up little town.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Couple of days old but I just read it recently, Looking's renewed for a season 2! 3 recurrings are now regulars (Lauren Weedman, Ral Castillo and Russell Tovey) which makes me pretty excited. I really wish they would just make it an hour long to give them more screen time to expand their characters past their relationships with the main cast.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 3, 2014

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

hope and vaseline posted:

I really wish they would just make it an hour long to give them more screen time to expand their characters past their relationships with the main cast.

So do I! I honestly have no idea why it's billed as a comedy, or even a dramedy, in the first place.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think any show that is 30 minutes and not a comedy is automatically called Dramedy.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

DominoDancing posted:

So do I! I honestly have no idea why it's billed as a comedy, or even a dramedy, in the first place.

Maybe it's bi-larious

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just watched the first 3 episode of The Borgias on Netflix, and it's really good! Does it fall victim to the Showtime Curse eventually? Please say no. Seriously this is just fun and Jeremy Irons is amazing.

Also A Young Doctor's Notebook got added recently and it is a great show with Jon Hamm in it, don't remember it getting much hype around here for some reason.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Just watched the first 3 episode of The Borgias on Netflix, and it's really good! Does it fall victim to the Showtime Curse eventually? Please say no. Seriously this is just fun and Jeremy Irons is amazing.

Also A Young Doctor's Notebook got added recently and it is a great show with Jon Hamm in it, don't remember it getting much hype around here for some reason.

The Borgias ends after the third season so it doesn't really get drawn out. In fact, the creator had plans to continue if Showtime hadn't cancelled it. Still, a fun historical piece.

From what I'd heard of A Young Doctor's Notebook, Hamm and Radcliffe work well together and have an obvious love of the source material. However, that love was also a major criticism as it adhered too closely to the source material to stand on its own.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I just started watching Orphan Black. I immediately recognized Sarah's boyfriend Vic, as Vaas from Far Cry 3. I didn't know he was an actor.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aaron Paul was on Top Gear UK and got the fastest lap *in the world*. American Supremacy!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

I just started watching Orphan Black. I immediately recognized Sarah's boyfriend Vic, as Vaas from Far Cry 3. I didn't know he was an actor.

The guy who played Adam Jensen was in a few episodes of Alphas and it's super weird because I thought his Jensen voice was an affectation but he really does sound like that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mu Zeta posted:

Aaron Paul was on Top Gear UK and got the fastest lap *in the world*. American Supremacy!
I love Aaron Paul but every frame I see of Need For Speed makes me cringe and seeing him try to promote it was pretty awkward.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The guy who played Adam Jensen was in a few episodes of Alphas and it's super weird because I thought his Jensen voice was an affectation but he really does sound like that.

Same thing happened when I saw the guy who voices Garrus in that episode of Terriers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kaidan showing up on Once Upon A Time was the weirdest

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Oh crap, Adam Jensen is Scipio, that blows my mind. The only reason I was able to recognize Vic(Michael Mando) is because Vaas is actually based on his real life face.

Edit: Yeah, Adam Jensen voice is instantly recognizable: http://vimeo.com/51888049

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Rarity posted:

Kaidan showing up on Once Upon A Time was the weirdest

I think was Carth, actually.

He actually shows up in a lot of places.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Manos del Sino posted:

I think was Carth, actually.

He actually shows up in a lot of places.

Before Annakie comes in here all offended (love ya babe :v:), Carth and Kaidan are the same person, Raphael Sbarge. Funny story, despite being Bioware's go-to guy for liberal romantic chickbait, in live action he's known for playing, well, creeps and weirdos.

It used to be on YouTube -- can't find it -- but if anybody here's a big time Carth or Kaidan fangirl, track down his monologue in the Nip/Tuck episode "Frankenlaura." But, you know, close your eyes first for maximum cognitive dissonance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

Before Annakie comes in here all offended (love ya babe :v:), Carth and Kaidan are the same person, Raphael Sbarge.

Well, I was going snark here and say Carth and Kaidan might as well have been the same (woefully boring, whiny, and useless cardboard) character but here we are!

• Locked thread