Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Harriet Harman and the Daily Mail – Labour deputy leader steps up her attack on rightwing paper, calling on it to retract its 'politically motivated' claims"

Telegraph:

Ghostbusters star Harold Ramis dies aged 69; David Cameron: No more coalitions after next General Election

Independent:

Times:

Tories can be 'irresistible political force', says Major

Express:

Full Report: Sickness Absence in the Labour Market, February 2014

Last Saturday's Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

What a terrible thing to say about Harold Ramis.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

William Hague's imaginary girlfriend

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Jesus, I thought that "caricature" was Clegg. That Collins is great though.

This is not getting old in my lifetime. :v:

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Ahhhhh pissing myself. This can't stop. Where will the Sheikh of Wales appear next.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stottie Kyek posted:

At first I thought it was mocking Salmond sucking up to big private companies, but then I remembered it was The Times.

edit: actually wasn't he a big fan of News International? I'm surprised at them being rude about him now.

NI don't want a repeat of "It Was The Sun What Won It", so they're heavily playing down their connections with major political figures (read: who they've bought). Brookes is mostly going after Salmond for something he said once about how an independent Scotland would make loads from tourism while selling off common land to resort developers; the idea is that he wants to turn Scotland into a theme park with himself as the figurehead.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

BastardySkull posted:

Ahhhhh pissing myself. This can't stop. Where will the Sheikh of Wales appear next.

Honestly I was tempted to start putting Sheikh of Wales in everything. Give the image a nice red contrasty cast if there's a sky and it really adds some of that royal charm

e-

Sheikh of Wales will strike down all bigots and scourges of the poor and vulnerable

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 27, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I always imagine "The Sheik of Wales" being sung to the tune of Ace of Spades.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Really enjoying all the edits. Thank you all! :allears:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's environmental policy – Prime minister makes forthright defence of coalition's record of action on man-made climate change during prime minister's questions"

Telegraph:

Germany's Angela Merkel to address UK parliament

Independent:

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:

quote:

‘Do stop fussing and get on with it – we didn’t have this opportunity 65 years ago.’

Mail:

quote:

‘Here she comes now – remember, two verses of Deutschland, Deutschland and don’t mention the war.’

Express:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He forgot what the Beeb looks like and instead set them in New Scotland Yard.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
what the gently caress is going on with alan sugars left hand. christ alive

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

nuzak posted:

what the gently caress is going on with alan sugars left hand. christ alive

he needed to be stopped tweeting somehow

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Angela Merkel meeting David Cameron – The German chancellor Angela Merkel made a whistle-stop tour to London to meet David Cameron"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Russia 'grants Ukraine's Viktor Yanukovych protection'

Times:

Express:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Russia's grip on Crimea – International concern is mounting over Russia's military intentions in Ukraine's Crimean peninsula"

Telegraph:

Florence Nightingale :confused: Edit: who came to prominence in the Crimean War.

Independent:

After Edwin Landseer.

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:
"A row has broken out over immunity from prosecution letters which were sent by the Blair government to IRA terrorists."

quote:

”Oh look, Cherie. It’s that old comfort letter I wrote to myself just before invading Iraq.”

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 1, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Did...did Thomas make a joke?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

TheDarkFlame posted:

Without the foreign aid labels, that's not a bad cartoon.

Okay, it's not the point he wanted to make, but still.

This is amazing

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

SedanChair posted:

He did but it's overshadowed by his nightmarish depiction of Philip as that one guy from the Aphex Twin video

Nice evil Blair from Mac, although I guess drawing Tony Blair's house means you can leave half the scene empty and call it a day. Must be a nice break from filling every bit of space with lager cans, cigs, clothing, bikes, more lager and cigs, stains, cardboard boxes as furniture, flatscreens, bin liners...

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

SedanChair posted:

I don't know but I hope the sheik of wales turns up again

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

DesperateDan posted:

I don't know but I hope the sheik of wales turns up again

Did he ever leave? Be careful what you wish for

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hahahahaha holy poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

:golfclap:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

baka kaba posted:

:lol:

This weeks If...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Saturday's Stephen Collins:

Method acting at its finest.

Yesterday's Observer:

"The Russian bear stirs - Chris Riddell on Russia's military build-up in the Crimean peninsula"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Crimea crisis – Ukraine mobilises troops as Kerry attacks 'incredible act of aggression' by Russia after hundreds of soldiers surround base"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Prince George to join Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on Australia tour

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Another subtle use of devious cliches, and another demonstration of dynamic and encyclopaedic knowledge of geography and skylines.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
That cartoon is very racist against Australians, it draws them like animals.

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

Trickjaw posted:

Another subtle use of devious cliches, and another demonstration of dynamic and encyclopaedic knowledge of geography and skylines.

I can only imagine those kangaroos/australians are a hundred miles high and bounding across from Sydney to Uluru. This also means Prince George is a giant...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
George will be raised by Kangaroos until he reaches maturity, making him the closest thing to Tarzan to become King. Or Crocodile Dundee.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Scarfe asks the big questions about the nature of reality

Augh!
And the Times makes the Indie look even worse.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Mr. Squishy posted:

And the Times makes the Indie look even worse.

I just realised why that Indy one was making me laugh so hard - it looks like something out of Ren and Stimpy

Putin: Oh Reeeeeeennnnn

Seriously

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 3, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Posting the first of this weeks If... to give you an idea of whats to come this week!!

Steve Bell's If ... on Paul Dacre's Harriet Harman rant.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Mr. Squishy posted:

Scarfe asks the big questions about the nature of reality

I actually like this one, given the timing of it all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

That Titan is going to eat Cameron's mom!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Vladimir's family – The US secretary of state, John Kerry, is to fly to Kiev in an attempt to halt Russia's advance into Ukrainian territory" After Charles Addams. [Largest I could find, apologies.]

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
"The Russians have invaded the Crimea and have surrounded the Ukraine with troops."

Express:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Fake. No Royals, no news-boards, not about the weather.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
It's not even mildly racist.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
No vibrating lines.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Crashbee posted:

No vibrating lines.

I dunno the pseudo-ICBM space rocket craft thing looks pretty startled

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I feel really dumb but I'm not sure what this one is trying to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Look at the size of that fox's tail! In comparison to the people around it that thing has to be the size of an elephant.

• Locked thread