Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

I liked his more because I just don't like Joel. Also Tilty for better or worse brought us both Krampus AND a new phase of this drat event. What does Joel ever say? "Tokyo is delayed again"

There are more than two employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cheston posted:

But do they do anything other than drink?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

And they're all pretty bad at this job thing. How many day zero exploits and bugs have there been? And now they want to cite quality as the reason they're holding content back? Yeahhhhhhh I don't buy that.

I said come in! posted:

But do they do anything other than drink?

Work on the Lego game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Len posted:

Work on the Lego game?

Haha, wasn't even aware Funcom was working on another game. So I assume TSW is just on life support forever now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I said come in! posted:

Haha, wasn't even aware Funcom was working on another game. So I assume TSW is just on life support forever now.

Tokyo is coming soon. Right after the Anarchy Online Engine.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I said come in! posted:

I honestly believe that the Lego game might be TSW's best hope, not an enemy. If it can jump-start Funcom's resources by making a good amount of money, and I imagine a Lego game'd be good at that, then maybe they can use some of that to fund TSW.

In different news because I don't especially enjoy pessimism about development: It turns out that 'Fusang Sundays' event that was organized to get people nervous about PvP to try it is actually a reasonably clever ploy to get the Dragon to dominate. The guy organizing it gets the other two much more populated factions to field a bunch of useless pieces of poo poo that can't PvP, while he and his Dragon friends/cabalites stack the deck with the best PvPers they've got.

I'd be pissed, but even when the Dragon have good PvPers (and they're easily among the best I see in Fusang) they can't field enough of them to hold most of the map at any other time. If this is what they have to do to manage that? Well, good job coming up with it and pulling it off.

EDIT: vv Nope! Welp.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 2, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

I honestly believe that the Lego game might be TSW's best hope, not an enemy. If it can jump-start Funcom's resources by making a good amount of money, and I imagine a Lego game'd be good at that, then maybe they can use some of that to fund TSW.

In different news because I don't especially enjoy pessimism about development: It turns out that 'Fusang Sundays' event that was organized to get people nervous about PvP to try it is actually a reasonably clever ploy to get the Dragon to dominate. The guy organizing it gets the other two much more populated factions to field a bunch of useless pieces of poo poo that can't PvP, while he and his Dragon friends/cabalites stack the deck with the best PvPers they've got.

I'd be pissed, but even when the Dragon have good PvPers (and they're easily among the best I see in Fusang) they can't field enough of them to hold most of the map at any other time. If this is what they have to do to manage that? Well, good job coming up with it and pulling it off.

You are aware that there has already been one failed Lego MMO right?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

They could potentially release a Lego game on the heels of a surprisingly successful Lego movie. If they can get it together before the movie releases on home video they could get a bunch of naive new customers. But since most people don't know they are working on a Lego game because of the lack of advertising, it will most likely have the same fate as their previous two MMOs.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So question.

If I go through all the Issues currently released, do they end on a "to be continued with Tokyo" note, or do they end on more of a "Good job, things may be happening in the future." note.

Played through most of Kingsmouth/Egypt when I got the game a year ago. My internet eventually died so I never got a chance to do Transylvania/Issues, but I've always wanted to come back. I've been waiting for Tokyo, under the assumption the Issues lead directly into it, but need a huge RPG to tide me over for a few weeks. If the Issues are setting the stage for Tokyo, I might as well go back to waiting and burn through another SWTOR arc, but I do want to go through TSW if possible.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

I used to play that with my kid. The building part of was great, the wow clone you had to grind through to buy bricks was less great. If funcom just released a lego simulator I'd pay a monthly fee forever but I imagine it'll have bloody quests and monsters and ugh.

So is there an actual date for Tokyo yet? Or am I holding them to unreasonable standards by asking? :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Pilchenstein posted:

I used to play that with my kid. The building part of was great, the wow clone you had to grind through to buy bricks was less great. If funcom just released a lego simulator I'd pay a monthly fee forever but I imagine it'll have bloody quests and monsters and ugh.

So is there an actual date for Tokyo yet? Or am I holding them to unreasonable standards by asking? :v:

The dev letter said to expect it on testlive in a couple weeks, so I'd wager April or May would be a decent ballpark for the first part. We're probalby not looking at an extremely extensive testing period, since while Tokyo's a big one, it's nothing they haven't done before.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rookersh posted:

So question.

If I go through all the Issues currently released, do they end on a "to be continued with Tokyo" note, or do they end on more of a "Good job, things may be happening in the future." note.

Played through most of Kingsmouth/Egypt when I got the game a year ago. My internet eventually died so I never got a chance to do Transylvania/Issues, but I've always wanted to come back. I've been waiting for Tokyo, under the assumption the Issues lead directly into it, but need a huge RPG to tide me over for a few weeks. If the Issues are setting the stage for Tokyo, I might as well go back to waiting and burn through another SWTOR arc, but I do want to go through TSW if possible.

The main game ends with "Things are happening in the future" but then each issue slowly leads up to Tokyo with issue 7 ending with Emma bitch slapping Lilith into the Tokyo portal which was really cool when it happened what...6 months ago? Issue 8 is padding and something about us not being qualified to go to Tokyo when my character liberated hell. I dunno that whole thing is really vague and kind of dumb.

Pilchenstein posted:

From what I can tell the answer is "Soon" so probably around the two year anniversary.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Len posted:

The main game ends with "Things are happening in the future" but then each issue slowly leads up to Tokyo with issue 7 ending with Emma bitch slapping Lilith into the Tokyo portal which was really cool when it happened what...6 months ago? Issue 8 is padding and something about us not being qualified to go to Tokyo when my character liberated hell. I dunno that whole thing is really vague and kind of dumb.

From what I can tell the answer is "Soon" so probably around the two year anniversary.

So basically if I just played the base game and ignored the Issues I'd be fine?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Rookersh posted:

Issues 5, 6 and 7 are DLCs that wrap up those storylines, with 7's leading directly into Tokyo, so if you like any of those zone's stories in particular then they're a good investment.

Issue 8 is the scenarios, but you get one of the three for free anyway. You need to do them at least a little bit to get into Tokyo, but the thing you need to buy is easily doable with a half-hour's investment every day for a week without the DLC. With the DLC you can up it to about one and a half hour's investment every day for three days.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 2, 2014

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Issue 5 and 6 close up some of the stories in Kingsmouth (issue 5) and Egypt (issue 6) but only have minor spoilers into the upcoming Tokyo content. The story that starts during issue 7 leads into Tokyo with a cliff hanging-too be continued type ending. All three issues are worth playing, or at least watching the cut scenes on YouTube, to see how the story progresses.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Rookersh posted:

Based on what you've said, you should wait until Tokyo is out to do Issue 7. You'll be fine with the main story missions and Issues 5, 6, and 8. Issue 8 will actually start just after you finish the main story.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

So, in other news, http://unfair.co/ has just closed.

quote:

"As of today, Monday March 3rd, 2014, I bring to a close Unfair.co and all associated projects."

TL;DR people are getting mad about YouTube copyright claims and streaming and e-cred.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's probably no where close to as bad as what is being claimed on that page.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Aha, here's the other side of it:

http://walkthroughtruth.blogspot.ca/

Everything about this meltdown is amazing. :magical:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
So apparently both sides are stupid manchildren. How shocking.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Now is this a different person freaking out on Unfair.co? The train streamer did that before after she got e-famous for standing on a train for 13 hours.

Edit: Yeah it's the same train rider.

Len fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 3, 2014

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Now is this a different person freaking out on Unfair.co? The train streamer did that before after she got e-famous for standing on a train for 13 hours.

Edit: Yeah it's the same train rider.
I called it before I even looked at her counter-claims website and saw the name. At one point she was posting "please remove all videos with me from your guides" in every mission guide for issue 6 and back then I already wondered what the gently caress was going on.

Manchildren (and womanchildren?) sounds about right.

Also her stream train stream was dumb and rewarding that with a preview was even more dumb. But that's Joel.

orcane fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 3, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

I called it before I even looked at her counter-claims website and saw the name. At one point she was posting "please remove all videos with me from your guides" in every mission guide for issue 6 and back then I already wondered what the gently caress was going on.

Manchildren (and womanchildren?) sounds about right.

Also her stream train stream was dumb and rewarding that with a preview was even more dumb. But that's Joel.

I think the only reason he gave that preview was because the stream was at the height of the Issue 6 bug. He was probably trying to buy the players good will and get them to forget they couldn't play the game.

Kind of like how we got FEZUARY!!!!!1 instead of fixing the game.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
What is Fezuary?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Damnit. I haven't beat Transylvania yet, and all of the other guide sites tend to be really ambiguous with hints.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
As long as Sephora's Closet stays alive, I can handle the loss of Unfair.co.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

What is Fezuary?

Pubbies REALLY wanted a Fez back in 2013 so they banded together to beg to get a fez released into TSW either in the cash shop or as the item of the month in February.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

novaSphere posted:

So, in other news, http://unfair.co/ has just closed.

TL;DR people are getting mad about YouTube copyright claims and streaming and e-cred.

Well, this will make investigation missions more interesting.

EDIT: Hahah, you can't even talk about it on the official forus, because the mods know it's just going to devolve into personal insults given the situation.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 4, 2014

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
That is a shame. Unfair.co was a really good resource when it was being updated.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

Well, this will make investigation missions more interesting.

EDIT: Hahah, you can't even talk about it on the official forus, because the mods know it's just going to devolve into personal insults given the situation.

Well one IS a *~*SuperStar*~* the other ran what was effectively the best TSW mission walkthrough website it's going to be a sweet sweet dramabomb.

Where's Rhan? Didn't he say he raided with the superstar? I wanna know if she's as insufferable as she comes off.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Len posted:

Well one IS a *~*SuperStar*~* the other ran what was effectively the best TSW mission walkthrough website it's going to be a sweet sweet dramabomb.

Where's Rhan? Didn't he say he raided with the superstar? I wanna know if she's as insufferable as she comes off.

I think that's doing something of a disservice to the situation. The only reason he got 'constant harassment' about this is because he refused to actually do what she asked and remove everything she was in on Unfair. Instead he thought it would be more effective to IP ban her, remove comments when she persisted, remove all the videos she was in when that wouldn't have taken actual effort to do, insult her in a hidden div tag that only turns up when you google the site, and then tried to take her own videos down for copyright infringement when she found out he never actually took the videos offline. It was 'constant' because it was staggered, because she just kept finding out new ways he went about not complying with her request.

I'm not gonna say either side is mature here, but Unfair definitely dug his own hole.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 4, 2014

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Cleretic posted:

I'm not gonna say either side is mature here, but Unfair definitely dug his own hole.

This is my stance from reading the evidence.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Killsion posted:

This is my stance from reading the evidence.

Yeah, anybody who makes an email called "goodbyewhore" and basically stalks and threatens someone is probably in the wrong.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I like when our little corner of the world gets some much needed drama.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

HughGRect posted:

I like when our little corner of the world gets some much needed drama.

Not like there is anything else to do. I still have yet to participate in the Flappy thing or complete a single scenario.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Killsion posted:

Not like there is anything else to do. I still have yet to participate in the Flappy thing or complete a single scenario.

Flappy is great. I've been pissing off so many pubbies doing mad dps with my broken QL0 gear.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Every time I see a bunch of new posts in this thread I get a little excited that there was some news on Tokyo or something.

Then disappointment sets in. :sigh:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

macnbc posted:

Every time I see a bunch of new posts in this thread I get a little excited that there was some news on Tokyo or something.

Then disappointment sets in. :sigh:

There was news the other day! It was delayed for quality.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Len posted:

There was news the other day! It was delayed for quality.

Considering Funcom's current staff that means we should expect it in... 2018?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

macnbc posted:

Considering Funcom's current staff that means we should expect it in... 2018?

My guess is for the second anniversary of the game.

We really need a Funcom emote like :dice::xcom::darksouls::riot:

Len fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 4, 2014

• Locked thread