Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm using this as validation for all those times I died because ammo :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Smugly
Apr 5, 2011
I keep the CZ on CT because I have the five-seven. On Ts I keep the 250 because the tec 9 is a P.O.S (sorry lou)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Touche, xen, touche.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Pug Smugly posted:

I keep the CZ on CT because I have the five-seven. On Ts I keep the 250 because the tec 9 is a P.O.S (sorry lou)

I don't think the Tec-9 is a POS but with similar reasoning I use the CZ on CT because if I need an accurate AP pistol I can fall back on the Five-SeveN, but with T I'd only be left with a Deagle, so I keep the 250.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

I don't think the Tec-9 is a POS but with similar reasoning I use the CZ on CT because if I need an accurate AP pistol I can fall back on the Five-SeveN, but with T I'd only be left with a Deagle, so I keep the 250.

I do this too, I think it makes the most sense. Theoretically you could just tap out the CZ but I think most people lack the restraint to do that.

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
Is there a website or freeware game that I can play to improve reflex/aim?

missionred.com isn't working for me because of some Java poo poo and apparently that's like cream of the crop.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Goddamn it. I just learned that killing teammate at spawn is an instant kick and 30 min cooldown. We had someone lag out of a game, and our 0-17 bot bought an AWP and no armor, so I figured I'd relieve him of his AWP before he ran in and gave it to the enemy.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Pr0phecy posted:

missionred.com isn't working for me because of some Java poo poo and apparently that's like cream of the crop.

you could try playing counterstrike

e: sorry but literally the only way to improve at CS is to play more CS.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 4, 2014

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Twerk from Home posted:

Goddamn it. I just learned that killing teammate at spawn is an instant kick and 30 min cooldown. We had someone lag out of a game, and our 0-17 bot bought an AWP and no armor, so I figured I'd relieve him of his AWP before he ran in and gave it to the enemy.

Next time kill yourself via console and take control of the bot.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Pr0phecy posted:

I do at least an hour of neopets.com every day warmup and cooldown.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pr0phecy posted:

Bust a Move is what you're looking for bro, I shoot those loving bubbles every loving day, look what it does for me:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Awesome Welles posted:

Bust a Move is what you're looking for bro, I shoot those loving bubbles every loving day, look what it does for me:

It helped that we suicided into you at B like 7 rounds.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Awesome Welles posted:

Prost let me explain to you why you got that score.

On my team:
Person 1: Let's rush B!
Person 2: Okay!
Person 3: Yeah!
Cole: ...

(team gets to B tunnels, there's a smoke)

Person 1: OKAY FRIENDS, TALLY HO!
Person 2: YIPPIE! LETS GO!
Person 3: I EAT SMOKE FOR BRUNCH!
Cole: ...uhh, I know you guys are really good players but maybe you shouldn't just run through smoke like that, it doesn't seem like a very sound strategy. (<--- direct quote from me)

(three team mates get cut down, I'm on 2 HP for daring to stand behind them OUTSIDE of the smoke)

Dave: hahahahahahahaha
Cole: Seacrest, OUT.

(Cole suicides.)

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Coleman posted:

On my team:

Cole: ...uhh, I know you guys are really good players but maybe you shouldn't just run through smoke like that, it doesn't seem like a very sound strategy. (<--- direct quote from me)

(three team mates get cut down, I'm on 2 HP for daring to stand behind them OUTSIDE of the smoke)

(Cole suicides.)

In my defense, I (thought) I saw you book a flash out there like we were going to rush smoke. Then the two leading morons stopped in the tunnel entrance and blocked, giving Prost a pretty nice lineup on three-four dudes as he panic-fired the M4A1-S into the smoke.

Then you took what was undoubtedly the best option out.

My play is so inconsistent, sometimes I'll have a hell of a game and sometimes I can't get a single pick 1v1 a whole game. I keep doing stupid poo poo like running with grenades out :downs:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahaha, that wasn't panic fire son, I heard the footsteps right after I got the first kill on the dude out of tunnels and just strafed back and forth with some controlled sprays.

Check the demo bro, poo poo was under control. :smugbert:

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
I think I might have caught lou's disease, my tec 9 shots seem to randomly seek heads lately

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Shadowlz tries to get fancy at mid on mill and gets smacked, then I finish off the round. :csgo:

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

aksuur posted:

Shadowlz tries to get fancy at mid on mill and gets smacked, then I finish off the round. :csgo:

It's about time someone put this menace in his place.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Pr0phecy posted:

Doesn't really fit the bill but I've been screwing around with this thing when I don't feel like playing deathmatch:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143904777

Edit: Unreleated, yesterday I saw some guy spend an entire casual match trying to pull off the shinobi smoke trick on A in dust 2, the first time he almost got me except he decided to defuse it a nano-second after I planted the bomb so it was easy to gun him down, the rest of the match he kept trying the same thing so I just shot him repeatedly until on something like 9th round my entire idiot team apparently didn't notice what has been going on for the entire round and let him defuse the bomb. It was pretty funny I guess.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 4, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

aksuur posted:

In other news, xc has obvious hacks.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Mimetic posted:

Next time kill yourself via console and take control of the bot.

Tell the bot to stay in spawn, rush out and try for a pick/see where the other team is playing, die, take the bot.

If the bot won't stay, has an AWP, and you're on eco, suicide.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

There aren't many things that feel nearly as awesome as getting mid air shotgun headshots jumping down from Apartments in A bombsite in inferno

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I once legged a guy with the AWP as he jumped down from heaven to A on nuke. He died from the fall damage :smug:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I once shot a guy when I was standing still and he moved around the corner. But I died.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Jeoh posted:

I once shot a guy when I was standing still and he moved around the corner. But I died.

I do that every match. Get on my level.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
One time something really frustrating and dumb happened in a match that made me IRL mad at video games. Oh wait that's actually every time I play CSGO.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Last week I solo MM'd. I'm silver 4. We lost three rounds in a row and I said we should save. Two of my team buy MP9s then ask, what's saving? :ramsay:

e: I hate solo queue, basically

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 4, 2014

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mimetic posted:

Next time kill yourself

I really think this may be the preferred course of action when forced to play with bots on a competitive workshop map. The bots seem to be even worse on non-valve maps. Really though, thanks for the advice guys. Next time I will leave the bot in spawn and hope he doesn't get picked.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

DeusExMachinima posted:

Last week I solo MM'd. I'm silver 4. We lost three rounds in a row and I said we should save. Two of my team buy MP9s then ask, what's saving? :ramsay:

e: I hate solo queue, basically

Before you click the ACCEPT button to get into a matchmaking round it should have a little popup like "WHAT IS A SAVE ROUND" or "WHAT SHOULD YOU BUY ON A SAVE ROUND" and if you answer anything but "buy only p250" or "buy nothing" you get a cooldown and a helpful instructional page on the CS economy

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

A save round is a round where you save your team by buying a Nova.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Jeoh posted:

A save round is a round where you save your team by buying a Nova.

I save my team every round, because I am the best player the world has ever seen

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I save by using an outdated version of organner instead of paying for a subscription

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

astr0man posted:

I save by using an outdated version of organner instead of paying for a subscription

It must be a pretty old version because you're still terrible.

:iceburn:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Coleman posted:

On my team:

(Cole suicides.)
I was person #1 and it was all a misunderstanding. Cole said "hey don't just rush into B, you are going to get owned by Prost" every round but I could tell by the tone of his voice that he meant "just rush into B enough times and you'll totally get him."

Subtext.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
I'm annoyed that no one has made a video of my play in Mirage site B yesterday.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

FetalDave posted:

I'm annoyed that no one has made a video of my play in Mirage site B yesterday.

It wasn't remarkable.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
I'm still proud of you

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Uhh, unranked matchmaking. We're on the CT side of Inferno on the pistol round.

Me: Let's have 2 guys on B and 3 on A. I'll take A.

3 seconds later: Everyone on my team tries to rush banana and promptly dies

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Haha. An updated in-game tutorial thing would help people a lot, I imagine. With you know, basic competitive semantics.

dy. posted:

I was person #1

If you actually said tally ho I would have laughed my rear end off.

astr0man posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
At least those guys let me feel good about my skills. 40 kills and 8 MVP medals was pretty fun, even though the match eventually ended in a draw. Maybe I won't be a silver 3 (which the enemy was mostly) after all. We even had a bot playing for 25 or so rounds.

Smol fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 4, 2014

• Locked thread