Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

Neruz posted:

Download the nation gen and see for yourself!

If I wasn't swamped with weekend work (ugh) I would have joined one of the rng games myself. I will definitely be running the mod sometime in the future though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Non-wraparound maps encourage turtle behavior and this must be punished at every opportunity.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

This generator's loving hilarious

edit: here's the nation if you wanna experience this for yourself

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 3, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Kitfox88 posted:

edit: here's the nation if you wanna experience this for yourself

Now I know what I'm doing this afternoon.

Exrandu
Jan 31, 2014

"Things need not have happened to be true."
This random nation mod is pretty much the best. I got a nation featuring Hoburgs-riding-Hawks. Gandalf is there too.

http://imgur.com/a/FMa1l

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

This loving thing

edit: I will never get tired of Hoburgs riding things.

Here it is

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 3, 2014

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kitfox88 posted:

This loving thing

edit: I will never get tired of Hoburgs riding things.

This mod is the best thing :allears:

This is one I had yesterday for those who missed it in chat:

Who knows where the hell those mosquitoes came from. I've never seen them before.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm not sure if this is better or worse.

enchanted

stick

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 3, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I rolled nations with bear cavalry, salamander cavalry (with 20 ap damage aoe melee attacks) and regular human cavalry with stats like giants. And Abysians riding bitchin fire horses.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

MrBims posted:

Wraparound mitigates the ability to hunker down on chokepoints. Without wraparound, you end up with less possible avenues of approach to some provinces so it is easier to plop down a ton of forts and armies in the few avenues that are available. Comparatively, that gives a big disadvantage to players who start in the middle, who have much larger fronts they have to deal with.

Wraparound maps are more balanced yeah, but I feel they wraparound makes them too small as the enemy is "around the corner", in all the fronts. Usually if the map is wraparound, I like to play it with two less players than the recommended setting.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 3, 2014

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Gabriel Pope's Dom 3 LP was on a map with corners, it was still great. Speaking of LP's and Valanis, is there any new on when/if Klisanth Magus will continue with the first Dom4 LP?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I completely forgot, has enemy dominion influence on blessing sacreds? Or can you just bless your units everywhere without a care in the world?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Well the random nation mod created Agarthans in full plate armor that prefer very cold provinces.

That's...very unfortunate.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Torrannor posted:

Gabriel Pope's Dom 3 LP was on a map with corners, it was still great. Speaking of LP's and Valanis, is there any new on when/if Klisanth Magus will continue with the first Dom4 LP?

As one of the players in said LP, the map was abysmally balanced due to terrain and chokepoint problems. A properly made wraparound maps is 99% of the time funner to play on.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Libluini posted:

I completely forgot, has enemy dominion influence on blessing sacreds? Or can you just bless your units everywhere without a care in the world?

You can bless anywhere.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

builds character posted:

You can bless anywhere.

Oh, thank god. It may sound stupid, but this question kept bugging me over the last days and I wanted to be sure I didn't misunderstood the bless mechanic.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Libluini posted:

Oh, thank god. It may sound stupid, but this question kept bugging me over the last days and I wanted to be sure I didn't misunderstood the bless mechanic.

One thing that confused the hell out of me at first with blesses, was why my priests and my pretender was ignoring my bless orders. It happened to be, Pretender does an automatic pre-battle bless! ¬¬

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I got a CTD trying to connect to a game and

I see :confused:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Torrannor posted:

Despite KM saying he is going to update it, I am sure it is dead. I hope someone will post an AAR as well as a highlight reel. Honestly I think the way to do an LP at this point is a single perspective or a multi author perspective like Lillis. Trying to do a multi single author is super taxing, even if you skimp on the details like Gabriel did towards the end of his LP.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm vouching for Liqourish for the GGS. Those friends of mine are really liking the game so far, and want to play more - two of them in smaller games with friends, but this one wants to dive in deeper. He's a pretty chill guy.

I got a third one, a goon, to buy it, but he's sitting around intimidated by the UI like a big baby and didn't join us. :argh:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 4, 2014

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
In one of my last games, I lost a fight against some independents when an enemy arrow just happened to hit my Vanjarl on round one, do enough damage to afflict him with Battle Fright, and make him flee the field without my army ever engaging the enemy. Now the same thing just happened with a Tuatha, except that instead of getting afflicted he bled to death before he could leave the field. As amusing and improbable as it is, maybe I should try a missile shield amulet next time.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Jabarto posted:

In one of my last games, I lost a fight against some independents when an enemy arrow just happened to hit my Vanjarl on round one, do enough damage to afflict him with Battle Fright, and make him flee the field without my army ever engaging the enemy. Now the same thing just happened with a Tuatha, except that instead of getting afflicted he bled to death before he could leave the field. As amusing and improbable as it is, maybe I should try a missile shield amulet next time.

Move your commanders away from your troops so they don't get hit by accident.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I wish 'stay behind' meant 'stay in the back field' and not 'hump the clump'

Stop loving running up to the hydras idiots. :argh:

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.

Jabarto posted:

Dont waste gems on an amulet, both those guys can cast air shield

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

TIME TO MAKE IT RAIN IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE BUT STYGIAN.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Or toads, fool.

I'm actually super-unimpressed with my nation. But maybe I can luck into a good starting position...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Or stones.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Move your commanders away from your troops so they don't get hit by accident.

Yeah, I got in the habit of mixing them in with the ranks since I didn't want him to get mobbed by flying enemies. I should probably move him out back once that's no longer a threat.

Diabl0658 posted:

Dont waste gems on an amulet, both those guys can cast air shield

You misunderstand, in both cases I was the attacker and they got hit by the first wave of arrows before they even had a chance to do anything. I had the Tuatha set to cast Mistform. You're probably right, though; if I'm going to drop gems on items, a better shield or armor would probably be a smarter investment than an item that mostly replicates what they can already do.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jabarto posted:

Yeah, I got in the habit of mixing them in with the ranks since I didn't want him to get mobbed by flying enemies. I should probably move him out back once that's no longer a threat.

You misunderstand, in both cases I was the attacker and they got hit by the first wave of arrows before they even had a chance to do anything. I had the Tuatha set to cast Mistform. You're probably right, though; if I'm going to drop gems on items, a better shield or armor would probably be a smarter investment than an item that mostly replicates what they can already do.

Don't put them with other dudes getting shot.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Or Acid.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Starting position update: it's all swamp, but at least there should be a good chokepoint to fort up and nice gem income.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jabarto posted:

Put them right in the back. Like RIGHT in the back. Attack Rear almost never works ever. Don't poo poo yourself about it, especially not with a Tuatha.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 5, 2014

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
I mentioned this a few pages ago but I've got some friends picking up this game and we have decided to have a baptism by fire where we just dive into an inhouse mplayer game - what's a good joke strategy I could run in EA to keep things even and give everyone else a shot at winning? Basically I want to do something fun but with a minor shot at viability since most of the other players are strategy fans who will probably get up to speed in a week or two (everyone has a week to do some practice games and I've given pointers on how to play year 1 effectively, etc).

My current plan is marverni with a heavy focus on sacred boar summons + buffing them as much as possible. Naturally this will include a bull pretender. Does anyone have any good ideas? Mass crushers into divine name crusher thugs?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Since people asked for information about the cool as heck random nations game I'm in: sometimes heavy infantry means really heavy infantry (like 19 prot, 9 encumbrance) and sometimes "rangers" means dudes with blowpipes and fists.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

jsoh posted:

Since people asked for information about the cool as heck random nations game I'm in: sometimes heavy infantry means really heavy infantry (like 19 prot, 9 encumbrance) and sometimes "rangers" means dudes with blowpipes and fists.

My two most hilarious dudes:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TheresNoThyme posted:

I mentioned this a few pages ago but I've got some friends picking up this game and we have decided to have a baptism by fire where we just dive into an inhouse mplayer game - what's a good joke strategy I could run in EA to keep things even and give everyone else a shot at winning?
Playing Kailasa at all.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Pretty much any scales nation played with a major bless. Your idea for Marverni is good, but you could also do F9 Ermor or D9 Arcos or W9 Abyssia something similarly un-synergistic.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

That's a sick flaming horse, I bet this guy has a really cool second form

oh

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

He does, you just need demon leadership so it doesn't rout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
How do I get the nationgen to work correctly? Can't find a helpful guide unfortunately. To the helpful goon who was explaining it to me on IRC, I appreciate it, my client crashed and I couldn't log back on. Sorry!

• Locked thread